Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Have Braun be the new Undertaker, call him The Late Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:chloe:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The talent begs for reprieve, but their pleas fall upon the deaf ears of a mad tyrant. Vince demands more slams. Forever slams. A slam eternal. The show no longer ends. Then. Now. Forever... . . .

Haha these are great because they have that glimmer of truth to them, like you can almost see this happening.

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave posted:

WWE informed the SAP Center in San Jose that the main event for the TLC show on 12/16 has been changed from Strowman vs. McIntyre to Strowman vs. Corbin.

Well now you're just being silly, taking things too far! Learn some restraint like Prokhor Zakharov :colbert:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

The first thing that jumped out at me is that Bray was ordered to pay over $10,000 a month to his wife, in four months she would have more income than the average yearly income for a working-class American :psyduck:

That's usually a sign that Bray makes a ton of money and she makes literally none. Support like that is primarily made to maintain your standard of living, even if your standard of living is very high compared to basically anyone else.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Didn't Hogan's wife buy a boat from the alimony and then call the boat "Alimony"? Rich people are terrible.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey remember how we all thought Xavier Woods is cool and good? Well about that...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe he's one of the people still using hot take correctly on the internet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah that reads sarcastic to me

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

I don't think its sarcastic. It's not much of a stretch to think that Xavier has real lovely opinions about games journalism.

And a better response would be to not reply to the tweet at all.

e: He also liked the tweet from Boogie.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 8, 2018

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

And a better response would be to not reply to the tweet at all.

New title for the twitter thread?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

You're really not familiar with Boogie are you

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I can’t make head nor tail of boogie’s post what the gently caress is he talking about

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay.

So journalists acted entitled when gamers were mad at microtransactions.

How does that even follow?

Uh.

This tweet does not make sense in the English language.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

I can’t make head nor tail of boogie’s post what the gently caress is he talking about

He's trying to say that journalists are hypocrites when they get mad about something like a female video game character being overly sexualized (as an example), but not getting mad at microtransactions or DLC in videogames. Because "both are the same". It's a very toxic mentality to have.

And Xavier agreed with that statement. ...Which I guess makes sense considering he's working with Riot Games to push League of Legends. And Riot has their own issues right now in which no one who has a shred of dignity should want to partner with them.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 8, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If only there were articles saying that micro transactions and loot boxes are bad. But there are none. Not one.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Please unban Sramaker so we can get all the facts in about this pressing issue

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

jesus WEP posted:

From a cursory glance at the thread it's the usual "ranting about SJW" nonsense you get from people who get upset at anything that's remotely progressive being depicted in a game, or when "the media" reports on some stupid entitled thing a gamer did. In this specific case, Boogie or whatever the gently caress is whining about why that same reporting standard isn't applied to predatory games companies milking saps for their money via microtransactions.

Not 100% for sure on all that, as I really couldn't bear to dig too deeply; but given how toxic your typical entitled gamer tends to be, I think it's a fairly safe assumption to make.

Also Xavier Woods is dumb if he actually agreed with that.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OctoberCountry posted:

Please unban RGL so we can get good posts instead of bitching about loving twitter

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This gamergate poo poo ruins everything it touches

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Draxion posted:

That's usually a sign that Bray makes a ton of money and she makes literally none. Support like that is primarily made to maintain your standard of living, even if your standard of living is very high compared to basically anyone else.

This is what happened to Dave Foley from Kids In The Hall. His Child Support was based on his income while he was on Newsradio, and when the show ended the judge refused to adjust to his much lower income as a d-list actor who didn’t have regular network sitcom money coming in and it pretty much bankrupted him.

The justification was that his kids were used to a higher standard of living and it’s not their fault that he couldn’t command that income anymore, which is ridiculous because they would have had to adjust if he hadn’t gotten divorced.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
As per usual I have no loving idea what boogie is trying to say so I'm just going to assume Xavier didn't either.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Grendels Dad posted:

Didn't Hogan's wife buy a boat from the alimony and then call the boat "Alimony"? Rich people are terrible.

That is cool.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
there is no bigger gently caress you to your former spouse than using the alimony money to buy a boat

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I feel it does a disservice not to mention how long Lashley spent on Raw showing everyone his butt.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Xerzes posted:

I feel it does a disservice not to mention how long Lashley spent on Raw showing everyone his butt.

He's the new Mr. rear end

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
rear end-LEY rear end-LEY rear end-LEY

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

rear end-LEY rear end-LEY rear end-LEY

Well if you're gonna spoil next week's episode I might not even bother watching!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

His butt looks like money! It smells like money!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
That Xavier tweet was clearly sarcasm, for God's sake the guy crossdresses at conventions and is obsessed with Steven Universe.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
um its not much of a stretch to think xavier woods has bad opinions about games jourmalisms. after all he plays video games so it makes sense

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I do not care what Xavier Woods thinks of games journalism

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He is deeply concerned about ethics in games journalism

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Xavier isn’t even that good at video games. he’s a fraud!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yall should have known this would happen once you let nerds in the locker room tbh. Wrestling was always gonna stay bad, this is just introducing new GG levels of it

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
gamers are somehow worse than wrestling fans

that's an awfully hard thing to do

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if anyone who unironically used the term "sjw" dropped dead on a thursday afternoon, the world would be better for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm starting to think you guys are just waiting for every and any wrestler to slip up on twitter so you can post about how bad they are in this thread.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Anyone with good or bad opinions about vidya is an objectively bad person

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if u play the vidya it's time 2 get ridya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

MotU posted:

if u play the vidya it's time 2 get ridya

Would vote for literally any candidate that adopted this platform.

• Locked thread