Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sandman McMahon posted:

If anyone can top it that’s a topic I’d be extremely interested in.

There's a really great one in a Brandon Stroud Best and Worst of Nitro write-up where there's this drunk tool being obnoxious in the front row all night. During an Alex Wright vs. Super Calo match, Wright baseball slides Calo into the guardrail. The fan reacts by jumping back into his seat and flailing his arms around before standing up, turning around and playing to the crowd. Only while that's happening, Wright hits ANOTHER baseball slide on Calo, sending him into the guardrail again. This time he nails the fan from behind and sends him stumbling forward while the other fans point and laugh at him. As Calo stumbles back to the ring, the fan gets super pissed and starts screaming at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gavok posted:

There's a really great one in a Brandon Stroud Best and Worst of Nitro write-up where there's this drunk tool being obnoxious in the front row all night. During an Alex Wright vs. Super Calo match, Wright baseball slides Calo into the guardrail. The fan reacts by jumping back into his seat and flailing his arms around before standing up, turning around and playing to the crowd. Only while that's happening, Wright hits ANOTHER baseball slide on Calo, sending him into the guardrail again. This time he nails the fan from behind and sends him stumbling forward while the other fans point and laugh at him. As Calo stumbles back to the ring, the fan gets super pissed and starts screaming at him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE-Z8WghRiw

4:50

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This dude is more powerful than any three PSP posters.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God, this gif is loving perfect.

Edit: I always liked Ron Simmons.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
While trying to see if I had the gif of Sandman fan (I didn't), I did find these:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:same:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Both were great!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Someone post a pic of the NXT fan three seats wide

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

freeranger posted:

Both were great!

Horny on Main Wrestling Chick is a big favorite of mine.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

This dude is an ally.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gonzo McFee posted:

This dude is an ally.

I love how the camera switch makes it look like Rocky is looking away to keep from laughing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Randaconda posted:

I love how the camera switch makes it look like Rocky is looking away to keep from laughing

I'd love to get all the members reaction to this.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

This is a good thread.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd love to get all the members reaction to this.

All their catchphrases would actually be a legit response.

D’lo does his bobble head pointing the kid out: You betta recognize!
Farooq: drat!
Kama: offers the kid a ride on the ho train

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of the Nation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTn06LQmTpw

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

My favorite WCW fan reaction was during a match between Hogan and... I wanna say Savage? Anyway, they tumble to the outside and Hogan's getting worked over in front of this fan who keeps saying "you ain't no man!" over and over, like, 10 times. Same volume, cadence, and tone, over and over again with a southern accent. I don't know why but it's stuck with me for twenty years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DangerDummy! posted:

My favorite WCW fan reaction was during a match between Hogan and... I wanna say Savage? Anyway, they tumble to the outside and Hogan's getting worked over in front of this fan who keeps saying "you ain't no man!" over and over, like, 10 times. Same volume, cadence, and tone, over and over again with a southern accent. I don't know why but it's stuck with me for twenty years.

Reminds me of the one kid who kept trying to chant "LET'S GO CENA" during Brock's murder of Big Match Jawn at Summerslam. It was seriously the same voice yelling it audibly, over the silent crowd, for like 10 minutes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

At Evolution, a few minutes after Becky tried to escape through the crowd, you could clearly hear a very angry woman shout "WHY DON'T YOU JUST RUN AWAY AGAIN, BECKY?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Reminds me of the one kid who kept trying to chant "LET'S GO CENA" during Brock's murder of Big Match Jawn at Summerslam. It was seriously the same voice yelling it audibly, over the silent crowd, for like 10 minutes.

It was Bill Simmons' son. They were parked right in front of the cameras.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Honest question: how different would your life be if you never got into wrestling?
On one hand, I would have probably been able to bang way more waitresses at the sports bar I worked at in my early 20s, but also me and my buds would have never made that amazing trip to New Orleans in 2014 that we have all agreed to never again discuss. Plus other cool memories.

It’s hard to say, you?

Also this question isn’t for all the weirdos that got into it after the Attitude Era. Seriously, how the gently caress does that even happen? (Spoiler: This is a two part question, answer whichever part is relevant to your life)

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 9, 2018

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Don’t know how my life would be different, but the first part of your answer is why I’m glad I stopped watching when WWE bought out WCW when I was sixteen, and didn’t get back in for ten years.

I’m glad I started watching again though. My local bartender and I host the major PPVs at the bar, and go to shows together.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would be farting around some where else On here instead of the wrestling part. there might be a lot of differences that i will never know like when i bought a dx backpack in the late 1990s and traded it. would i have died if i didn't do that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I would have just been an obsessive nerd about some other socially toxic poo poo instead.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bigass Moth posted:

I would have just been an obsessive nerd about some other socially toxic poo poo instead.

Same. I'm guessing Dr. Who.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Hard to say. Might be dead tbh.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Kimoa Kid posted:

At Evolution, a few minutes after Becky tried to escape through the crowd, you could clearly hear a very angry woman shout "WHY DON'T YOU JUST RUN AWAY AGAIN, BECKY?"
loving Charlotte caught calling spots again

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

CarlCX posted:

The huge guy in the Sandman jersey shaking his head in disgust and dramatically turning his back on Triple H pinning Ric Flair is right up there, but we've also brought it up several times and been unable to find it again so the internet may have lost the gif.

I couldn't find the GIF but this is the match (a better quality one has to be on the Network). Skip to the end to see Sandman jersey guy in all his glory.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvuvhw

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

Honest question: how different would your life be if you never got into wrestling?
On one hand, I would have probably been able to bang way more waitresses at the sports bar I worked at in my early 20s, but also me and my buds would have never made that amazing trip to New Orleans in 2014 that we have all agreed to never again discuss. Plus other cool memories.

It’s hard to say, you?

Also this question isn’t for all the weirdos that got into it after the Attitude Era. Seriously, how the gently caress does that even happen? (Spoiler: This is a two part question, answer whichever part is relevant to your life)

I wouldn't have wasted hundreds of hours watching bad WWE shows. I would've wasted hundreds of hours on other bad media. :v:

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Sandman McMahon posted:

It’s hard to say, you?

I got into wrestling in like, 1987-92, and frankly, I don't know what I would have preferred at that point. I wasn't sporty or whatever, so may be football? If we can pick what we would have done instead.

Then I forgot about it until 1998-05 or so with attitude and Benoit bookending the experience. I probably would have spent less time on the internet because no one in real life likes that poo poo. Maybe I would have replaced it with actually LIVING.

Now I just go to live shows, don't watch it at all on tv. It's so much better.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would probably get dunked on by Aphrodite a little less because I wouldn't post here but besides that I don't think much would change.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I think the only difference in my life, if I never got in to wrestling, is that my friend would have never gotten a $250 speeding ticket in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere that's nothing but a bank, a wafflehouse, and half-obsucured-by-overgrowth "Citywide Speed Limit 25 Unless Otherwise Posted" sign.

That, and I wouldn't know as much wrestling terminology, which I've found is useful for talking about all other forms of fiction.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Takuan posted:

That, and I wouldn't know as much wrestling terminology, which I've found is useful for talking about all other forms of fiction.

"Ya see, they had to push Thanos quickly, so they had him go over both Hulk and Loki clean..."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

"Ya see, they had to push Thanos quickly, so they had him go over both Hulk and Loki clean..."

Please, Loki's a chickenshit heel. He never wins without it being a gently caress finish; interference, distraction, it's always something screwy. Beating him does nothing for Thanos, They just used him to keep Thor from taking the fall before the big one-on-one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

I would probably get dunked on by Aphrodite a little less because I wouldn't post here but besides that I don't think much would change.

I figure you would post more bad things about hockey and so the frequency would remain about the same.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If I didn’t have that pointless internship at WWE, It’s possible I could’ve done something that lead to a job, and I wouldn’t of moved to the West Coast, at least not when I did. And I only mean it was pointless and that I didn’t get paid and it didn’t lead to a job.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

Please, Loki's a chickenshit heel. He never wins without it being a gently caress finish; interference, distraction, it's always something screwy. Beating him does nothing for Thanos, They just used him to keep Thor from taking the fall before the big one-on-one.

Not only did Thanos no-sell Thor's finisher, he took out half the locker room with his.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

bradzilla posted:

I wouldn't have wasted hundreds of hours watching bad WWE shows. I would've wasted hundreds of hours on other bad media. :v:

This, and I would have been lost on a lot of references and T-shirts at my High School in the late 90's, which was the only time Pro Wrestling actually really mattered in the real world.
I was actually bullied a whole lot LESS because I knew my poo poo about wrestling in High School.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cage Kicker posted:

Not only did Thanos no-sell Thor's finisher, he took out half the locker room with his.

Thor didn't get all of it though

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Thor didn't get all of it though

Well, yeah, gotta build the rematch somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The fact that Thanos' finisher is gonna get completely undone in the next film is the most hilariously WWE poo poo.