Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
That got surprisingly sad despite nothing overtly sad happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

Was elated that wXw took her in. Was a roof over her head and a fixed address for 3 months at least. A red-hot indie promotion ran by nice people. But whatever she's tackling personally restricts her from getting her stuff together it seems.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, Kris is one of those people I want to see do really well (she was one of the reasons I actively started watching STARDOM), but she's a free spirit...for better or for worse. I dunno if she's tackling some sort of personal issues, but I hope its all resolved.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kris is bonkers. I've heard everything from traumatic personal relationship problems, to rough childhood to a CIA psychic experiment gone sideways.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

It's funny because WWE still sees some value in Asuka considering she's only lost a handful of times on TV, and is still incredibly protected, even at house shows.

Speaking of Asuka, she'll be making what I think is her first actual convention appearance in December at Wintercon in NYC, according to PWInsider. An autograph and picture will run you $100 though!

$100 is cheap for an autograph and picture at a con.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cons are a massive scam to exploit people who get weird highs off of waiting in line to be in close proximity to a celebrity for 3-5 seconds

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I get press access to cons and get to spend 30 seconds next to them instead AMA

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Meiko Satomura did an interview recently with Yahoo Japan where she said she plans to work more with WWE in 2019. Wonder if they'll do a Meiko/Io match then at like a Takeover event.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
As I've said in the past ideally WWE wants her to be the female Chris Hero.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

As I've said in the past ideally WWE wants her to be the female Chris Hero.

So barely on TV and never doing anything of note?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Phenix Rising posted:

So barely on TV and never doing anything of note?

I'm down for super fat Meiko.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can't wait until meiko's biggest match of the year is a 4 second live gif by jjwilliamswon

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Meiko deserves better than being a female Chris Hero.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I recall saying that WWE wanted Meiko to be the female Chris Hero when I reported the two sides speaking for the first time a couple of years ago. She contacted them by e-mail in 2016, after they had contacted her by e-mail first. The e-mail was actually very funny, filled with jokes, but was very productive as well.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

rovert posted:

Was elated that wXw took her in. Was a roof over her head and a fixed address for 3 months at least. A red-hot indie promotion ran by nice people. But whatever she's tackling personally restricts her from getting her stuff together it seems.
Not exactly high content insight, but I think her exit from Japan might finally be getting reckoned with after months of new sights and shiny distractions.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Small time bingo hall-level wrestling stuff:

DFW All Pro Wrestling Academy is a small little wrestling group in the....well, Dallas Fort Worth area. Tonight they got to unveil their new womens title. Their first champ is a good friend of mine! What a cool night tonight was.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Shinjobi posted:

Small time bingo hall-level wrestling stuff:

DFW All Pro Wrestling Academy is a small little wrestling group in the....well, Dallas Fort Worth area. Tonight they got to unveil their new womens title. Their first champ is a good friend of mine! What a cool night tonight was.

That's really cool. I'd love if there were something like that in my area.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It really is an awesome thing to have. Crowds aren't super big, so chants require a lot more work to maintain, but on the other hand it's also small enough to smacktalk some wrestlers if you so choose. It's a great atmosphere, which goes a long way to deliver a goofy fun show.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Cory Lidle posted:

I remember seeing a clip of Kris Wolf once and thinking, "Wow, what a bizarre but good gimmick," and then I saw a longer video she did where it was like watching an interview with someone in an asylum where they have it all together half the time but something is clearly glitching in their head the rest of the time. That and this were honestly stressful to watch; it feels like the prelude to something going terribly wrong.

I hope whatever's going on there gets better for her.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She feels like someone who really needs a manager, someone to handle the business side, because she is a great wrestler but obviously just does not have the mind for the business side of things.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

surf rock posted:

I remember seeing a clip of Kris Wolf once and thinking, "Wow, what a bizarre but good gimmick," and then I saw a longer video she did where it was like watching an interview with someone in an asylum where they have it all together half the time but something is clearly glitching in their head the rest of the time. That and this were honestly stressful to watch; it feels like the prelude to something going terribly wrong.

I hope whatever's going on there gets better for her.

Yeah I'm getting the vibes of like... a found footage horror movie where after all the murdering on tape we see the happier times that weren't recorded over.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I know on Wrestling Observer Live, she admitted she was invited to participate in the Mae Young Classic at one point, but forgot to fill out the paperwork. Honestly yeah she could use a manager. While I don't want her to sign with WWE (because I don't see her being too successful), I'm curious if her working there would help provide some structure in her life. It would be a steady paycheck and she wouldn't have to roam from place to place.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Much like prison, WWE's PC provides structure to wayward talents.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
lol can we all try not to psychoanalyze/life coach a grown woman we only know through YouTube

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 12, 2018

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

What do you mean? This is clearly very healthy and sane.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i will consider that behavior acceptable so long as the next target of life fixing and brain care is Enzo Amore

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cvnvcnv posted:

*fantasy books a woman's life, fixing her and her problems*

What do you mean? This is clearly very healthy and sane.

Wrestling's not real, dummy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/411wrestling/status/1062357809277353984

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

collect paycheck, not injures, Paige.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So Stephanie is going to personally lead Raw to conquer Smackdown tonight and beat up Paige.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is WWE so if she ever does wrestle again, the first match will be against Nia Jax

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Disregard that story. PWInsider never reported it.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Wrestling's not real, dummy.

You finally figured it out. Nice.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've never identified with a pro wrestler more

https://twitter.com/twf87/status/1062695483947139072

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stardom is the only promotion I can think where the adults need more minders than the kids do.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bless Mayu. She wants her privacy. Shame she is dumb as a sack of bricks, kayfabe wise. Flip Gordon managed to convince her that the earth is flat.

And she also rejected a heartfelt gift from Prime Minister Kagetsu (a dictionary) because it had too many words.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

For January 4th, Meiko Satomura vs Reika Saiki

I am hyped.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I am hyped.

I found this out moments after I picked up my special ringside ticket to this show. TJPW putting on the best show of January 4th.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

I am hyped.

this is like Goku vs Vegeta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chigusa Nagayo saved a girl from getting beat up by a dude