Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?
mines alnilam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

:blush:

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I like Wolf 359, because I've heard of it and it makes me curious about why I've never heard of Wolves 1-358.

joke_explainer

roomforthetuna posted:

I like Wolf 359, because I've heard of it and it makes me curious about why I've never heard of Wolves 1-358.

gently caress, dude, you're gonna be so bummed out in like 400 years

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

joke_explainer posted:

gently caress, dude, you're gonna be so bummed out in like 400 years
Is that when I hear about the final missing one of Wolves 1-358?

joke_explainer

I’m sorry. It was a poorly crafted joke based on Star Trek: The Next Generation, a popular television series in the late 80s and 90s, sci fi set in the far future. The season 3 cliffhanger featured a devastating battle that doesn’t go well for the protagonists at Wolf 359.

roomforthetuna

joke_explainer posted:

I’m sorry. It was a poorly crafted joke based on Star Trek: The Next Generation, a popular television series in the late 80s and 90s, sci fi set in the far future. The season 3 cliffhanger featured a devastating battle that doesn’t go well for the protagonists at Wolf 359.
I enjoyed this very much indeed in conjunction with your username. :golfclap:

ferroque

rigel. easy

Manifisto

[casually namedrops] oh a little thing called the sun . . . you probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure

ty nesamdoom!

by R. Guyovich
Katy perry

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

ferroque posted:

rigel. easy

Dungeon Ecology

betelgeuse represent

FutonForensic

Mark "The Fuckmaster" Ruffalo

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Mizar
Mizar

Mizar
Mizar

and

Alcor
Alcor

A sextuple system.

Robot Made of Meat

My favorite star(s) would be the one(s) in a can of chicken and stars soup that make me feel better when I'm feeling sick. There's nothing like stars when you're feeling unwell.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adiabatic

Dungeon Ecology posted:

betelgeuse represent

ferroque posted:

rigel. easy

hi5 orion supremacy

BluesShaman

She wore Blue Velvet.
Sol

sweet geek swag

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Adiabatic posted:

hi5 orion supremacy

Orion is a constellation. Arcturus is where it's at

FactsAreUseless

I know what George W. Bush's favorite star is: Iraq star!!

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Adele Dazeem

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Adiabatic posted:

mines alnilam

:same:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Stooge

big stars
little stars
they're all the same when
you spend your life in bars

Twenty Four

all of you

Adiabatic

sweet geek swag posted:

Orion is a constellation. Arcturus is where it's at

yeah a constellation with 3 of our fav stars in it

orion gang comin at you

sweet geek swag

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Adiabatic posted:

yeah a constellation with 3 of our fav stars in it

orion gang comin at you

Pfft, they'll never get through Proxima Centauri and his brothers, Alpha Centauri A and B.

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

my favorite star is David Chang, the funny soup man

Twenty Four

Most people think the show is called "Stargate" because of their gate that lets them travel through space to other stars.

The truth is the show was originally going to be about a government conspiracy to deny the existence of other stars called Stargate a la Watergate, but that idea got cut and the premise was rewritten because they were contractually obligated to still make a show called "Stargate".

alnilam

Twenty Four posted:

Most people think the show is called "Stargate" because of their gate that lets them travel through space to other stars.

The truth is the show was originally going to be about a government conspiracy to deny the existence of other stars called Stargate a la Watergate, but that idea got cut and the premise was rewritten because they were contractually obligated to still make a show called "Stargate".

It sounds better than starpot dome, or starghazi

roomforthetuna

Twenty Four posted:

contractually obligated to still make a show called "Stargate".
Similarly, in the early days of cinema the actors names were obliged to be censored in the end credits as part of the actor anonymity contract, and the characters of their names were replaced with stars, eg. Charlie Chaplin would be credited as ******* *******.

One studio worked around this by announcing at the beginning of the movie whose names were going to be "starred", hence the phrase "starring Charlie Chaplin". It turned out that having their names known was to the actors' benefit, so the anonymity clause has been removed from the standard acting contract, but the term "starring" lived on.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

It sounds better than starpot dome, or starghazi

but her starmails!!!!!!!!

Twenty Four

roomforthetuna posted:

Similarly, in the early days of cinema the actors names were obliged to be censored in the end credits as part of the actor anonymity contract, and the characters of their names were replaced with stars, eg. Charlie Chaplin would be credited as ******* *******.

One studio worked around this by announcing at the beginning of the movie whose names were going to be "starred", hence the phrase "starring Charlie Chaplin". It turned out that having their names known was to the actors' benefit, so the anonymity clause has been removed from the standard acting contract, but the term "starring" lived on.

It all makes so much sense now!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
polaris, no question

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
if we are talking about celebrities, then none

they all turn out to be horrible racists and/or sexual predators

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Barking Gecko posted:

Mizar
Mizar

Mizar
Mizar

and

Alcor
Alcor

A sextuple system.

sounds like a fantasy novel law firm

artoke

Nosfereefer posted:

polaris, no question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGtGt1L6iU

Farecoal

There he go

Nosfereefer posted:

if we are talking about celebrities, then none

they all turn out to be horrible racists and/or sexual predators

but what about-

no wait

but surely-

hmmm

MockingQuantum

im confused, did you mean brightly burning ball of gas, or celebrity?

cuz it's Ringo either way, baby

thank you luvcow for the sig

redm

hellstar remina

sig by Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

MockingQuantum posted:

im confused, did you mean brightly burning ball of gas, or celebrity?

cuz it's Ringo either way, baby

Hell ya