Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Is test available for bookings?

He's working a bit stiff these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just woke up from a dream where I was scheduled to work an empty arena match with Nick Gage today and I’ve never been more relieved that it wasn’t reality

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What'd dream-you do to him to make him want no witnesses :stare:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What is with all the intergender matches recently?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

SalTheBard posted:

Mixture of:
- Strong female talent who don’t want to just keep wrestling each other
- LOTS of YouTube hits for promotions who post the videos (check Beyond’s page, for example), which opens a revenue stream

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

not every promotion is as stupid as lucha underground

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it’s crazy that Chikara was the place first US indie regularly doing intergender matches and no one said poo poo until Beyond tried chucking Kimber Lee into a ring post.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

it’s crazy that Chikara was the place first US indie regularly doing intergender matches and no one said poo poo until Beyond tried chucking Kimber Lee into a ring post.

Chikara does mostly PG tongue in cheek comic book lucha wrestling though, I think there would have been some complaints if Icarus gave Daizie Haze a backdrop onto thumbtacks

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

CHIKARA was also always completely irrelevant.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OGB posted:

Mixture of:
- Strong female talent who don’t want to just keep wrestling each other
- LOTS of YouTube hits for promotions who post the videos (check Beyond’s page, for example), which opens a revenue stream

Youtube cut their revenue way back a year or two ago.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

drew tweeted that their revenue is only back where it was now that they’ve gotten literally a million subscribers

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Youtube cut their revenue way back a year or two ago.

They marked all wrestling content as advertiser unfriendly which decimated a lot of people's revenue. It's the reason that WCPW stopped running shows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IIRC the demonetization was due to the Cambridge Analytica fuckup more than anything. It was some deal where they overvalued videos to the point "pivot to video" became a meme.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

CHIKARA was also always completely irrelevant.
CHIKARA was a better feeder system than EVOLVE ever was, there's a large handful of guys that got trained or started their career there.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

coconono posted:

IIRC the demonetization was due to the Cambridge Analytica fuckup more than anything. It was some deal where they overvalued videos to the point "pivot to video" became a meme.

Thats a different issue. YouTube decided wrestling (aside from WWE) wasnt advertiser friendly and made it much harder to get ad revenue off of wrestling YouTube videos.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Wrestling isn’t advertiser friendly but man oh man Febreeze is gonna love their ads on all these alt right videos

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Trump voters are geriatrics or poop-sockers, so they probably would sell a lot of Febreeze that way.

RealFoxy posted:

CHIKARA was a better feeder system than EVOLVE ever was, there's a large handful of guys that got trained or started their career there.
Well CHIKARA actually has a training apparatus. EVOLVE is just a bunch of shady money guys giving Gabe a blank check.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wrestling not being advertiser-friendly is not a new Youtube development.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTemrD73-w

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
made a post about my gimmick
https://twitter.com/boco_t/status/1059607065323339777

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1060723120338882560

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
bad year for indy joeys

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i wanted to see if he could dick flip nick loving gage :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1060741551691915264

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

exploded mummy posted:

bad year for indy joeys

Joe in the big leagues has had it pretty rough too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NOT good:

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/1060753748895633408

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/1060758402928988161

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They should really look in Columbus. I know he’s based in Cleveland but there’s a poo poo ton of fans around here and no Indy fed. Even the crappy ROH cards have always packed venues here and you’re drivable for fans in Cleveland, Dayton, Cincy, Akron.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
just left the mlw taping in Chicago, it was great. sad about Joey Ryan's tittie tear, but I'm glad he was there at least. saw Marko stunt wrestle twice (oh my god he is so small), him and Ace Romero was a lot of fun. Tom lawlor and sami callihan had a lot of a street fight like five feet away from me which was cool. Sammy Guevara vs rush was great, pco vs Brody King was crazy, pco jumped off a loving balcony on to a table, and lucha bros vs la parks was fantastic, definitely recommend checking that out when it airs

I got a Shane Strickland shirt and a rush shirt, so that makes four pieces of ingobernables merch I have now

oh yeah I high fived Hornswoggle before his match and his hand was like dripping wet lol.

this was my first indie show and it ruled and I'm gonna do this a lot more

couple other things, the crowd was a legit sell out, they may have been able to jam, like, 10 more people in the bleachers if they were really dedicated. really fun, exciting atmosphere. by the time we had gotten to pco/brody king, everyone was giving good reactions to everything, there is this weird shane strickland angle that i dont really like that mlw is running, and that kind of killed the crowd for a second, but after that it was lucha bros vs la parks and the 60% mexican crowd was fuckin here and ready for it. bless the middle aged lady with the airhorn, she captained the chants for the last few matches.

also, puma king is good and cool and my friend, and cicero stadium is actually pretty cool for wrestling. i'd be alright seeing another show there.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 9, 2018

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

There's a bunch of smaller venues around Cleveland that are really excited to run wrestling lately, and their new Akron venue has been going great, but they're definitely running low on 500-seat places in Cleveland. Maybe St. Ignatius would let them? I think the first match I ever saw was during a summer program there, between Ray Rowe and The Duke.

Columbus would be a pretty bold move that I think would be likely to pay off, but I don't know if Thorne would be willing to try.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shiksa posted:

just left the mlw taping in Chicago, it was great. sad about Joey Ryan's tittie tear, but I'm glad he was there at least. saw Marko stunt wrestle twice (oh my god he is so small), him and Ace Romero was a lot of fun. Tom lawlor and sami callihan had a lot of a street fight like five feet away from me which was cool. Sammy Guevara vs rush was great, pco vs Brody King was crazy, pco jumped off a loving balcony on to a table, and lucha bros vs la parks was fantastic, definitely recommend checking that out when it airs

not to be that guy but you should go to the aaw show at the end of this month. it's like the same thing but all the guys go full speed instead of at 70% and the crowd is actually up for the whole show instead of waiting patiently for the lucha mains

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

speaking of

conspicuous ACH size

AAW Pro Wrestling
presents
Unstoppable

Saturday, November 24th
Logan Square Auditorium
2539 N Kedzie Blvd
Chicago, IL
7:30pm Bell Time
Doors Open 6:30pm
All Ages Event

Tickets on sale at aawpro.ticketleap.com

Featuring:

AAW Tag Team Championship Match
AR Fox/Myron Reed vs. Laredo Kid/Rey Horus (Dragon Azteca Jr.)

AAW Women's Championship Match
Kimber Lee vs. Kylie Rae

Fred Yehi vs. Mance Warner

Besties in the World vs. Curt Stallion/Jake Something

Plus:
ACH
Sami Callihan
Eddie Kingston
David Starr
Trevor Lee
Jessicka Havok
Rey Fenix
Jimmy Jacobs
Josh Briggs
Matt Sydal
Colt Cabana
DJZ
PACO
Stephen Wolf

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Super No Vacancy posted:

not to be that guy but you should go to the aaw show at the end of this month. it's like the same thing but all the guys go full speed instead of at 70% and the crowd is actually up for the whole show instead of waiting patiently for the lucha mains

I definitely want to go to some aaw shows, I really like that promotion and it's so rad that it's local. I could have gotten tickets to a night of this year's lynam, but it was right after I'd started watching indie wrestling, like a week or two, so I wanted to be more familiar first.

e drat it's in Logan again and I just found out I'm not gonna be able to go anywhere for Thanksgiving... well my wife said she was interested in going to a wrestling show some day haha

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What was the Strickland angle they were running?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

What was the Strickland angle they were running?

he's been doing this thing where he's the former champ, but he's on a losing streak, so he's being all whiny and pouty and they're making him do "you people" promos, and then (fusion tv spoilers) after he lost against low ki (from low ki ripping out a couple dreads and rolling him up? it was weird and kinda gross) he got on the mic and said that he blamed management, mlw, and especially the fans for everything and that he was quitting. and stokely hathaway was across the aisle from me but he was just standing there making like a grumpy face so i guess that'll be explained on the episode

i only watched the past 10 or so episodes of mlw to catch up before the show, so i'm sure there's some backstory that i'm missing, but i just don't like it, i just want swerve to be cool.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Unfortunate, but not surprised. I don't think the church's congregation didn't like AIW being there. Thorne asked everyone last year to untag the location on everyone's pictures due to blowback from church members. Their last show was crazy with panes of glass and barbed wire. I had a feeling they weren't tweeting out anything from that show for fear of losing the venue.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Walter, not satisfied with nearly killing PCO every time they wrestle, finds a new, but equally sturdy person to brutalize

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 10, 2018

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ah poo poo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It won't happen but I'd really get a kick out of seeing Walter in Big Japan clashing with their Strong BJ guys like Hashimoto & Sekimoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m surprised no one tried to get a Sekimoto/Walter match going last Mania when they were both in town.