Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Alaois posted:

thats just the beginning

quote:

"drat you, barbarian" Shrieked the soldier as he observed his comrade in death.

A gleaming scimitar smote a heavy blow against the renegade's spiked helmet, bringing a heavy cloud over the Ecordian's misting brain.

this poo poo is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
The Eye of Argon is perfect because it's terrible, but in the really good way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
372 Pages We’ll Never Get Back also just wrapped up a look at The Eye of Argon the other week too, so that’s quite serendipitous.

Basically, the Eye of Argon is like Eragon, but even shittier. It was written by a 16 year-old in the 70s and published in a local, now defunct, science fiction and fantasy journal with no editorial standards and was amazingly poorly written. It became a word or mouth phenomenon at sci-if conventions for its terrible quality and people would host impromptu and even official round table games where they tried to read the thing aloud and if they cracked up laughing they had to pass it to the next person to continue and so on.

It’s one of those things every genre fan should experience at least once in their lives, preferably in audio book form, because it actually does live up to the hype of how bad it is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

372 Pages We’ll Never Get Back also just wrapped up a look at The Eye of Argon the other week too, so that’s quite serendipitous.

Basically, the Eye of Argon is like Eragon, but even shittier. It was written by a 16 year-old in the 70s and published in a local, now defunct, science fiction and fantasy journal with no editorial standards and was amazingly poorly written. It became a word or mouth phenomenon at sci-if conventions for its terrible quality and people would host impromptu and even official round table games where they tried to read the thing aloud and if they cracked up laughing they had to pass it to the next person to continue and so on.

It’s one of those things every genre fan should experience at least once in their lives, preferably in audio book form, because it actually does live up to the hype of how bad it is.

I remember being in junior high and liking eragon a ton( i like the psychic bond idea even if its unoriginal as gently caress) but then i quit halfway through the second book when he became an Aryan superman elf or some poo poo.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

nine-gear crow posted:

I need to catch up with their stuff since I haven't even gotten started on Armada yet.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAyGmjYHhy8
This is probably the most info dense episode of Your Dinosaur's Are Wrong ever

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1060639130873483264

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I love how all the replies are uniformly "Stop plugging Facebook Watch" :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Crossposting this well, expected poo poo.

Anyway go watch Lindsay:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Boogie continuing to display he brainworms.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

One of the tweets is already gone.

The importance of screencapping.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

One of the tweets is already gone.
The importance of screencapping.
Good point, luckily I had a discord open with it cached:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Jesus loving Christ

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The most diverse land possible, America in the 18 century

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zedd posted:

Crossposting this well, expected poo poo.

Anyway go watch Lindsay:

https://twitter.com/HatredIsMyMuse/status/1060670450966048778

:hmmyes:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alaois posted:

thats just the beginning

Holy poo poo. If I do another name change after the holidays, I’m going for Enthused Barbarian.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I never would have found facebook watch on my own. I thought they had started uploading them to the pbs youtube because they gave up on the facebook thing. Oh well. I got used to Blip. And youtube, I guess.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Captain Disillusion spoke at another conference, this time about Blender (the 3D modelling/rendering software):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSTcxt2t74

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zedd posted:

Good point, luckily I had a discord open with it cached:

lol holy poo poo, thats dumb as gently caress. like yeah you could say the founders were pretty open to religion, mostly because they were intellectual deists for the most part, and ill go further and say some didn't like slavery and such. but lol at that they thought races were equal. also they were classist as gently caress.

boogie is a dumb gently caress and if he were smarter he would just stick to lets plays and poo poo.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he is cool with deplatforming as stuff. he just has warped views of media stuff and takes it to far , like i remember he got into fights with peanut butter gamer because littleboots or whatever the group is called didn't disband after jontron got kicked out and he got into a big fight with Elias Toufexis over deus ex because he hates choice in games because its false.

I hadn't heard about the NormalBoots incident. Why did he want them to dissolve? I watch a few people from Normal Boots, but I never followed the site itself, so I don't when they officially sent off Jon (he's not on the NormalBoots site now that it's relaunched). However, if you say that he wanted them to disband after they got rid of him, that's confusing.

I vaguely remember something about him getting into an argument with Toufexis, unless I'm mixing him up with someone else.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 9, 2018

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

boogie is a dumb gently caress and if he were smarter he would just stick to lets plays and poo poo.
Why? There are no meaningful consequences and he loves the attention.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Mr.Radar posted:

Captain Disillusion spoke at another conference, this time about Blender (the 3D modelling/rendering software):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSTcxt2t74
I was going to watch CD's oldest videos to get a feel for how his output evolved over the years and holy poo poo, he's been around since 2007. I really thought he was a new act who focused on an untapped niche.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

nine-gear crow posted:

I got a few paragraphs in before I cracked up when I played with some friends. poo poo was hilarious.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Testekill posted:

I need to catch up with their stuff since I haven't even gotten started on Armada yet.

And just recently they started William Shatner's TekWar. Well, the book he had ghost-written under his name as TekWar. It's shockingly racist in parts.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Those tweets are like that one "What happens when we don't/do talk about race!" Kelly but unironically.

Boogie looks at that cartoon and is like, "Yeah, yeah that IS what happens."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

And just recently they started William Shatner's TekWar. Well, the book he had ghost-written under his name as TekWar. It's shockingly racist in parts.

Given what I know about William Shatner, I'm not surprised by either of those counts.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol holy poo poo, thats dumb as gently caress. like yeah you could say the founders were pretty open to religion, mostly because they were intellectual deists for the most part, and ill go further and say some didn't like slavery and such. but lol at that they thought races were equal. also they were classist as gently caress.

They weren't even open to religion. It was only the insistence of the Quaker population of Pennsylvania to prevented the Puritans from doubling down on renewing persecution of Catholics and Jews like they had done in England before getting kicked out during the Civil War.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
It takes a special kind of someone to write a wronged-by-the-law ex-cop private eye and call him "Cardigan".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Basically, the Eye of Argon is like Eragon, but even shittier.

As someone who read tons of fantasy in school because you're not allowed to do anything but schoolwork or read a book in class, that's terrifying. I enjoyed those books! I read Eragon in two days!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

KayTee posted:

It takes a special kind of someone to write a wronged-by-the-law ex-cop private eye and call him "Cardigan".

It takes someone even more special to commission two seasons of his adventures for TV.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

don't forget the video game

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Couple of topics -

Intergender Wrestling in WWE: Would love to see it. You can already see it in smaller promotions that are on TV like Lucha Underground, indie promotions and that...there's nothing special about it really, it just *is* - the women are competitive with the men, nowt else. It's usually just treated like the typical Wrestling combo of small n' speedy vs strong and slow, and it's not like the matches are a special occurence (LU has had it since the beginning without issue, although it was naturally treated as quite special when Sexy Star won the main title...awful person though she may be but that's another story). I think CHIKARA were one of the first US Indies to really push Intergender a great deal when they had the likes of Sara Del Rey on roster, and they strive for a kid-friendly product (before that...well, you had a few notable women in the hardcore/deathmatch scene, of all things. And they'd do pretty well too although we also get into some typical wrestling weirdness and sleaze there). The woman wrestlers that WWE has are, of course, more than good enough - they have some of the very best in the world. However, it will almost certainly never happen in WWE - for one it won't happen as long as Vince is in control of the company (meaning until he's dead) and for the other, their sponsors would probably not be a fan of it either. WWE are very beholden to their sponsors, whether they're toy making companies or countries that like to dismember journalists.

Boogie: Oh my lord...I dunno folks. Is this the worst one yet? It might just be.

Not to sound like a typical Brit who thinks that all Yanks are utterly inferior, but he truly is the perfect product of America's hosed school system that's more interested in selling fast food to kids than teaching them actual facts, history and reasoning. He's never questioned any of the poo poo that was spoon-fed to him at all, ever - everything he learned back in those days was absolutely 100% correct and something to live by, and he will hang onto that until the day he drops - it sure isn't going to change now. That and hey, just being loving obsessed with getting into some sort of poo poo online - there's no other explanation by this point. I'm starting to think he might actually be jacking it to the angry responses he gets every time (day?) this happens.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Nov 9, 2018

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

What's wrong with Facevook Watch?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Alaois posted:

don't forget the video game

The videogame is better than it has any right to be.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kunster posted:

What's wrong with Facevook Watch?

It’s owned by Mark Zuckerberg and it goes downhill from there...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Who still uses facebook and isn't a grandma?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I don't even own a TV.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

loving lmao, boogie is such a parody of a man

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Booger deleted that second remaining post like a coward and tried playing sadboy again because "The big meanie.. ah, people who know anything about history, blew me the gently caress out."

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

centrists are so brave