Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

i'm enjoying the epilogue way more than i expected

especially once i could change marston's clothes, stupid loving bell bottom jeans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Don't worry, the game will change you back into them over and over, no matter how much you resist

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I want a physical copy of Arthur's journal

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Carlosologist posted:

I want a physical copy of Arthur's journal

remember when strategy guides were things.Id want the strategy guide to this game made like it was drawn and written by Arthur.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Hihohe posted:

remember when strategy guides were things.Id want the strategy guide to this game made like it was drawn and written by Arthur.

There is one, it's hardcover and costs $40

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

super macho dude posted:

Holy poo poo I cannot for the life of me catch any of these tiny rear end songbirds needed for most of the Trappers hat decorations.

If you go back to the first campsite, horseshoe overlook or whatever it's called, there should be songbirds (Cardinals) perched on the 2 large rocks that are there. Once you pick up their corpses you need to enter your satchel and go to the bird and select "dismantle" or something to get the feathers.

I traveled all over the map where they are supposed to be but couldn't find a single one but in that location, during the day, I found 2.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

can't find any dang woodpeckers

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Zaphod42 posted:

Night time passes faster than day time does. Its weird but its definitely intentional and actually works kinda well, especially if you don't time it and realize. There may be other exceptions for missions or something.
Time doesn't pass on missions unless it's scripted to - if you press Up on the dpad during a mission it won't even display the time.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

I always remember the Quest For Glory (for games 1-4) Strategy guide I had. Which was written like a goddamned narrative of the game, followed by a fast tips walkthrough rundown.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wrong thread

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Haha poo poo. Arthur got blind at a camp shindig, I'm like ok that's enough, bed time, grab a whisky and down it in one, hit sing again, Arthur sits down to bed and continues singing "AND THATS WHY I'LL GO ON TO HELL WHEN I DIEEEEEEE".

GOTY

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Apparently, when I equipped my fancy new gator saddle. It ALSO unequipped my +stat stirrups and will not allow me to pick any :doh: So while the saddle apparently has slightly better core drain stats than a store bought one, that's no replacement for a +2 speed and acceleration.

Unrelated to horses, but still inventory. How do I get rid of Worn weapons? It's annoying having to scroll past a Worn Schofield Revolver before I get to my proper customized one.

Clearly "Just reset the game" isn't the answer, as I have the extra layer of my brother playing between when I got a worn Schofield and now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Section Z posted:

Apparently, when I equipped my fancy new gator saddle. It ALSO unequipped my +stat stirrups and will not allow me to pick any :doh: So while the saddle apparently has slightly better core drain stats than a store bought one, that's no replacement for a +2 speed and acceleration.

Unrelated to horses, but still inventory. How do I get rid of Worn weapons? It's annoying having to scroll past a Worn Schofield Revolver before I get to my proper customized one.

Clearly "Just reset the game" isn't the answer, as I have the extra layer of my brother playing between when I got a worn Schofield and now.

Just clean that worn baby up and carve a picture of a snake in it pard'.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Just clean that worn baby up and carve a picture of a snake in it pard'.
Oh wait, you can actually polish up Worn weapons? Though that still leaves the whole "Now I need to scroll extra when I didn't want to" (See also, just realizing I have a Worn Cattleman), as mismatched sidearms has caught my fancy anyways when dual wielding.

I'm also so used to "No, no. I don't want a Worn Cattleman replacing my sawed off. Give me back my sawed off." being the norm of Worn Weapons.

So getting a free second schofield AND getting to upgrade it feels at odds with the rest of the game being waiting with baited breath for it to eventually delete my lancaster (My brother lost TWO lancasters at once).

Edit: So I just walked into the gunsmith and wouldn't you know it, neither worn weapon is listed to be customized :v: Attempting to manually clean them in a back alley to not alarm the cops also gets the prompt that I'm not ALLOWED to clean it.

So. Back to my previous question then. How do I ditch these Worn guns outside of the whims of the game maybe perhaps removing them someday? I have the sneaking suspicion that if I took the route of "Just buy a duplicate of every gun!", this will just happen again leading me to have THREE to scroll through, or eat my paid for second gun with "Whoops! looks like you grabbed a worn weapon again" (Fancy gunslinger guns are cool enough to warrant permanent inventory space).

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 9, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011
The confusion here is that Worn is both a status of hosed up guns and then Worn the Far Cry 2 hosed up guns that are only temporary.

Don't know how to get rid of them though, sorry.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Orv posted:

The confusion here is that Worn is both a status of hosed up guns and then Worn the Far Cry 2 hosed up guns that are only temporary.

Don't know how to get rid of them though, sorry.
I expect the real answer will be "Once I stop wavering around $150-200 tops, buy a new blinged out gun every time the game fucks me on poo poo guns/deleted guns". Blowing cash on a fresh secondary does seem to ditch the Worn ones, if you only had a single legit gun yet.I've got a lucrative chapter 3 bank heist lined up for me as soon as I want it, but spending money as a WORK AROUND is always a drag.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Nov 9, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I go in the back door of the Valentine general store every time to steal $20 and now the shopkeeper treats it like "oh lordy I should just sell this place" but doesn't really seem to panic that much. Then when I go shopping he acts super pissy but he knows he can't do anything about it because I'm basically trolling him.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Question: Are the hunting side missions in camp missable? I triggered the camp move to chapter 3 before doing the one in chapter 2, will the mission reappear at a later time or is it permanently gone?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So do the fence, Pearson and the trapper all share inventories or should I be more careful with what I'm selling? I noticed the fence needs legendary parts for trinkets and talismans and I've just been selling them all off to the trader and don't know if I can buy them back. Apologies if this has been answered already before.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I find it weird how they have so many of those false-start missions where the game tells you to go to one person for a mission, and then suddenly another character interrupts the conversation and now you're doing a mission with them.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lets hang out posted:

can't find any dang woodpeckers

Try Black Bone Forest in Big Valley, a little east of the trapper. Just walk around a bit until you hear them pecking wood.

UnknownMercenary posted:

So do the fence, Pearson and the trapper all share inventories or should I be more careful with what I'm selling? I noticed the fence needs legendary parts for trinkets and talismans and I've just been selling them all off to the trader and don't know if I can buy them back. Apologies if this has been answered already before.

They don't share inventories and so far as I know you cannot repurchase pelts/carcasses that you've sold or donated.

So I finished Geology for Beginners but apparently missed a brass pocket watch at Francis' home that can be crafted into a talisman. I'm not sure how since the entire time you're inside his house it's a cutscene and you can't go back inside later. Did I permanently miss this item somehow?

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 9, 2018

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh, huh. If you manage to unlock an upgrade off hand holster at the Trapper you can just get one before Micah gives you one.

I kinda like that better, ha. Doesn't look like I can buy a duplicate gun, though. Guess that'll be later.

I did that and bought an off-hand holster and now I can dual-wield without any story mission unlocking it.

I just herded all the sheep into Valentine for that mission with John, but for some reason the mission report after the big shootout with the law and Strauss getting shot it showed as if I had not herded any sheep into the corral. I don't think I missed a sheep anyway. I wonder if I'm still getting paid for that job, especially since I had to pay off a 60 dollar bounty because of the mission. Dutch is now already talking about moving the camp from Horsehoe Overlook but nothing really happened. I guess I should first break Micah out of jail. That the only yellow mission I can see on the map. I think that will get me to chapter 3.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Sioux posted:

I did that and bought an off-hand holster and now I can dual-wield without any story mission unlocking it.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Though if it's not unlocked it looks like the game won'tet you buy two of the same gun until you do so.

Sure wish there was a way to get perfect pig pelts without an honor hit.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

JBP posted:

Haha poo poo. Arthur got blind at a camp shindig, I'm like ok that's enough, bed time, grab a whisky and down it in one, hit sing again, Arthur sits down to bed and continues singing "AND THATS WHY I'LL GO ON TO HELL WHEN I DIEEEEEEE".

GOTY

sometimes if you're just slowly trotting along in the wilderness and no one else is around, Arthur will start singing to himself, it's a really cool detail

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Apologies if this is huge, phone posting

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Lord Hydronium posted:

Someone on Reddit recorded what happens if you piss off your camp too much.

Also cool is that everyone's responses to Antagonize are contextual with what you've been saying just beforehand.

I love that it's Lenny who comes to shut your poo poo down. Lenny :unsmith:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

sometimes if you're just slowly trotting along in the wilderness and no one else is around, Arthur will start singing to himself, it's a really cool detail

I thought I heard Arthur singing once!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sulphagnist posted:

I love that it's Lenny who comes to shut your poo poo down. Lenny :unsmith:

LEEEEENNNNNNYYYY!!!!????

Ha ha! There you are Lenny!

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Do the gun cases in home robberies respawn? My semi-auto shotgun disappeared into thin air and now I don’t have my preferred weapon for dealing with those bullshit wolf packs that spawn every time I try to skin a 3* animal I’ve been tracking for a long time :saddowns:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't track 3 star animals, I chase them on horseback.

Try to get nice and close for the kill shot.

Wait why is that deer slowing down.

No don't dart in front of me.

Anyone want a trampled one star deer pelt?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Anyone want a trampled one star deer pelt?

Mmmh, tenderized meat!

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

A few random questions:

1. If I sell or give the trapper or Pearson a pelt, do I have to craft the item just then, or will it stick around in their "inventory" and be available for crafting whenever I want?

2. Is there a way to fast travel and also get your horse to come with you? I took a train from St. Denis to Riggs, but after the little train cutscene, my horse was still back where I started.

3. Are there other shops like the Doctor in Valentine that you can turn into a little heist, or is that a one-off?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Bold Robot posted:

A few random questions:

1. If I sell or give the trapper or Pearson a pelt, do I have to craft the item just then, or will it stick around in their "inventory" and be available for crafting whenever I want?

2. Is there a way to fast travel and also get your horse to come with you? I took a train from St. Denis to Riggs, but after the little train cutscene, my horse was still back where I started.

3. Are there other shops like the Doctor in Valentine that you can turn into a little heist, or is that a one-off?

1- Yes, they keep it.
2- Not that I've found, you're better off fast traveling from your camp.
3- Yes.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Zipperelli. posted:

Apologies if this is huge, phone posting

I’ve run into this several times now.

The correct answer is to drop the pelt (which shouldn’t respawn, and get the damsel. Park her a couple hundred feet from the pelt, then go jack a horse, load pelt. You either have to raise your new horse to level 1, or switch damsel and pelt, because you want to ride your horse with damsel, and have temp horse follow with pelt. (Or ride temp horse with damsel, and have your horse follow)

Why no, I’m not obsessive compulsive.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Bold Robot posted:

A few random questions:

1.) It will be in their inventory forever til you craft something with it. Legendary parts also automatically make it to the fence for trinkets/talismans.

2.) Make sure your horse isn't hitched. I've always had it follow (with pelts intact) as long as I didn't hitch it. I recommend saving before you do this because sometimes the game will do something dumb like put your horse on the tracks for the "train arriving" cutscene and it'll get killed. Rockstar :toot:

3.) Yes.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

I'm trying to find a 3* cougar in the NW corner up by Big Valley and am having no luck. After like 2 in game weeks, there've been 2 cougars spawn and both were 1* :(.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Dalaram posted:

The correct answer is to drop the pelt (which shouldn’t respawn, and get the damsel. Park her a couple hundred feet from the pelt, then go jack a horse, load pelt. You either have to raise your new horse to level 1, or switch damsel and pelt, because you want to ride your horse with damsel, and have temp horse follow with pelt. (Or ride temp horse with damsel, and have your horse follow)

Careful with this. Massive pelts can despawn really quickly as soon as you look and move away from them. Lost my first 3 star elk pelt because of this when I went maybe 50 yards away to get another horse, it was despawned when I got back. I searched everywhere. Legendary pelts *should* just go to the trapper/fence for crafting if that happens, and you just lose out on the $20 or whatever for selling, but apparently there's occasionally a bug about it. It's also possible that legendary pelts won't despawn as easily.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

big trivia FAIL posted:

I'm trying to find a 3* cougar

Judging by the stories from this guy I used to work with, late night weekends at your average convenience or liquor store work, and basically any lovely bar right after happy hour. Really didn't sound that hard and the guy was a total rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo, sorry you're striking out that badly. :shepface:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

On the timed horseman challenges, does time when you’re paused count? I thought I nailed the Strawberry to Saint Denis 9 minutes, since I spent some of the 10 real life minutes it took rerouting on the map (default autoroute takes you through a river and won’t send you along rail routes), but it didn’t register when I passed the vaudeville theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dalaram posted:

So I have a wolf, a sheep, and a bale of hay I need to ferry across a river...