Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's the one game a year where the Panthers completely fail to show up because Ron is too busy filming more USAA commercials.

Generally games like this have consequences but Tepper is a new owner and Rivera's dad sprained his ankle once during PT so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I wish every game went that smoothly.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
7 different Steelers scored TDs tonight

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

an actual good TNF game

can't wait for it to inexplicably suck poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

:( that sucked.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Really glad I ending up having to work tonight (and I still had a fairly bad night at work).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Panthers first drive: "We're good!"

Panthers rest of the game: steaming pile of poo poo.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The Panthers will still make a wild card spot but woof that was a big ol clunker y'all

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Shiki Dan posted:

Really glad I ending up having to work tonight (and I still had a fairly bad night at work).

I had a pretty bad night at work and had to deal with this game as well, so I feel you. I enjoyed absolutely nothing about it, but sometimes poo poo happens and you have a Murphy's Law game. Just wish we didn't have 10 whole days to stew over it.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I for one am not happy that all teams are garbage thus guaranteeing the Patriots moonwalk into another superbowl.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

OxySnake posted:

I for one am not happy that all teams are garbage thus guaranteeing the Patriots moonwalk into another superbowl.

uh the texans

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

uh the texans

Have they won a game by more than 3 points?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OxySnake posted:

The amount of years this has been the case for the AFC

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chris James 2 posted:

The amount of years this has been the case for the AFC
Aside from the Ravens in 2012, the AFC has been Patriots/Steelers/Peyton for the last 16 years.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Remember a month or so ago when it looked like the Steelers were finally dead

lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Steelers never die, just always limping along.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's amazing how much better the Steelers D looks when Artie Burns gets told to gently caress off

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah the secondary for the steelers is coming together in a huge way now that some guys are back. The offensive line... I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's the best in the whole league. They've been keeping Ben so utterly clean its insane, and they've been opening up homes due conner that would better suit a Mack truck.

The d line is there too, they get pressure consistently and tj watt is exploding now that they moved him back to the left. And obviously their skill position players are just fine.

From what we've seen recently this is a super bowl team. I think they have a very good chance to beat the patriots in their game coming up

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I think the other thing, besides the piss poor job Eric Washington has been doing, is the Panthers defense is OLD up front. That short week on the road after holding on for dear life against the Bucs wears on them.

Take away all the big plays and the Panthers still weren't stopping the Steelers last night. Also at least they showed where the weak spot on the Panthers offensive line is, Greg Van Roten.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

Aside from the Ravens in 2012, the AFC has been Patriots/Steelers/Peyton for the last 16 years.

This time will be different

You'll see!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evey year yall write off the pats and steelers by the fourth game and every year everyone is wrong.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Barudak posted:

Evey year yall write off the pats and steelers by the fourth game and every year everyone is wrong.

It's still ok to naively dream in week four before harsh reality smacks you in the face.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
That Eric Reid hit was a real dumb move, he's been playing really well too

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Steelers are like Joe Hill you see

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

You say this, but Brady will be taking snaps while riding a mobility scooter pretty soon

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You say this, but Brady will be taking snaps while riding a mobility scooter pretty soon

I mean true but they will still look inevitable while the Steelers will always look beatable but continue trucking along to the playoffs.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean true but they will still look inevitable while the Steelers will always look beatable but continue trucking along to the playoffs.

I've reasoned out the 2010s Steelers are to the Patriots what the 70s Raiders were to the 70s Steelers. Not much to be done while the greatest coach/QB tandem in the history of the NFL are in the league. My team is fine being moderately great while Pat's are in God mode. It's not like it sucks being a Steelers fan

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I've reasoned out the 2010s Steelers are to the Patriots what the 70s Raiders were to the 70s Steelers. Not much to be done while the greatest coach/QB tandem in the history of the NFL are in the league. My team is fine being moderately great while Pat's are in God mode. It's not like it sucks being a Steelers fan

I just mean it’s an interesting contrast, both teams are consistent but they end up looking completely different in doing it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Have they won a game by more than 3 points?

Multiple!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Tbf though given how the rest of the AFC has been over the same timeframe "moderately great" gets you to second-best basically by default

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah except the Steelers were the roadblock to the raiders year after year in the playoffs in the 70s.

That hasn't been the case with the Steelers and Pats in recent memory

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Yeah except the Steelers were the roadblock to the raiders year after year in the playoffs in the 70s.

That hasn't been the case with the Steelers and Pats in recent memory

I mean, it doesn't have to be a 1:1 correlation buddy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You guys my city is on fire.

Malibu is getting destroyed.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoMGD_SD/status/1060994200911499264

https://twitter.com/CityMalibu/status/1060992436711780352

https://twitter.com/sixfootcandy/status/1060989586732695553

https://twitter.com/jimmyalto/status/1060998199798722560

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

RIP Jackie Treehorn

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jesus Christ

Hope you and your family aren't there. Be safe dude.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not in Malibu but have camped there half a dozen times at least. These hills are magical. Well, were.

https://twitter.com/splendores/status/1060987219693920258

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

kiimo posted:

I'm not in Malibu but have camped there half a dozen times at least. These hills are magical. Well, were.

https://twitter.com/splendores/status/1060987219693920258

They will be again. Fire belongs in that ecosystem.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1060220299738865666

Well uh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Today's Saints game:

Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
Touchdown
Field Goal
Touchdown
Field Goal
Field Goal
End of Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
How bad does it feel to get crushed by the Browns?

• Locked thread