Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
edit: this post is proof I attended UMD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSU beats ASU 6-5

Who needs defense?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgr6p8L4emY

A classic UND vs Wisconsin brawl. A coworker of mine was shitfaced at this game and has some great stories about the entire day of festivities and the aftermath.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
DU played well tonight. not a lot to complain about

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BG now 6-1-1 hell yeah

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
hawks might not be terrible imho

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

UND can have the Sioux name back as long as they loving ban Chelsea Dagger and that ridiculous finger-bang goal celebration.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 3, 2018

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

UND can have the Sioux name back as long as they loving ban Chelsea Dagger and that ridiculous finger-bang goal celebration.

They’re going to wear the 1959 SIOUX jerseys for their game against the kids on 12/29. No word on the Chelsea Dagger or the Fing-gats.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I hate the entire state of North Dakota, everyone who lives there (except the Native Americans obviously), and especially their dumb fuckin hockey team.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

7-1 and swept the gophers? boys you can take the rest of the year off, season accomplished.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Sweeping Wisconsin doesn’t mean much, but it’s a good way to build on the win over MN in Vegas. Special teams remain a big concern for the Sioux. They put up 8 goals, but all except tonight’s winner were even strength. That means they converted on 1 of 12 PP chances (and that was a 5 on 3 advantage). The PK was better, killing all 7 Badger advantages. Miami next week, hopefully they can sort this poo poo out.

Also, Arizona beat Penn State? Sweet.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

You can have the Sioux nickname, Chelsea Dagger, and the finger-bangs if you also take Katie Hale. Christ she’s annoying.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

BUG JUG posted:

7-1 and swept the gophers? boys you can take the rest of the year off, season accomplished.

Triple post, I know. Sorry, but the Mavericks held Alaska to 20 shots. Total. For the weekend. The Nanooks got 14 shots Saturday and 6 on Friday. Single digits. That’s an rear end kicking.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

And the streak ends. Oh well, it was a good way to start the season. :unsmith:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Cale Makar is insanely good and might win the Hobey.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

BU and BC both finally won a hockey game

boooooooooo

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Cornell now at .500 after a horrible start. I went to the game vs brown last night which was fun but sloppy. The team is not so good!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stitecin posted:

Sweeping Wisconsin doesn’t mean much, but it’s a good way to build on the win over MN in Vegas. Special teams remain a big concern for the Sioux. They put up 8 goals, but all except tonight’s winner were even strength. That means they converted on 1 of 12 PP chances (and that was a 5 on 3 advantage). The PK was better, killing all 7 Badger advantages. Miami next week, hopefully they can sort this poo poo out.

Also, Arizona beat Penn State? Sweet.

On the other hand, gently caress North Dakota.

And Notre Dame

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
DU played lovely, then played well, then played extremely lovely, and then somehow pulled a win out

DU’s next three series are against St. Cloud, Minnesota-Duluth, and Providence, which ah, hmm, yikes

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

hawks bad again

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Mankato is loving scary good.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Hastings has done a hell of a job there and by all rights the WCHA still goes through them at the end of the day, even for the recent success with BG and the fightin' nerds

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

gently caress Mankato for real though. It felt good to bounce those fuckers out of the tournament last year.

I can't loving wait for the Dogs to get a crack at them this year.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Minuteman hockey is good. Merrimack hockey has not yet turned into a pumpkin. NCAA hockey life is good

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jesus christ :stare:

https://twitter.com/rvallonBG/status/1059851439571456000

Anchorage gonna be lucky to get like 2 total wins out of that run

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLhistorygirl/status/1059899704924930048

College Hockey 18-19 Megathread: Loafing is abolished

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Big Ten conference play starts this weekend! Enjoy the worst managed conference in college hockey finally starting conference play at a reasonable date! Root for Michigan as they host one of the few less likeable programs than themselves, Notre Dame, then prepare for crushing disappointment as they inevitably give up a 3 goal lead. Sympathize with our favorite mod iospace as the Badgers are ruthlessly crushed by the Gophers. Enjoy the new 3 on 3 overtime period which only happens if the initial 5 on 5 overtime ties. Watch all the predictions in this post be incorrect because Big Ten hockey brings only disappointment and suffering to all!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

blackmongoose posted:

hockey brings only disappointment and suffering to all!

:yeah:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Seconded!

(gently caress Bobby Mo, then after this weekend Go Bobby Mo)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

blackmongoose posted:

Big Ten conference play starts this weekend! Enjoy the worst managed conference in college hockey finally starting conference play at a reasonable date! Root for Michigan as they host one of the few less likeable programs than themselves, Notre Dame, then prepare for crushing disappointment as they inevitably give up a 3 goal lead. Sympathize with our favorite mod iospace as the Badgers are ruthlessly crushed by the Gophers. Enjoy the new 3 on 3 overtime period which only happens if the initial 5 on 5 overtime ties. Watch all the predictions in this post be incorrect because Big Ten hockey brings only disappointment and suffering to all!

gently caress the Gophers.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

GAMES AND poo poo TONIGHT

looking at pictures of rotisserie chickens i wish i could maul with my bare hands
AIC vs RIT
Bentley vs. USAFA
Holy Cross vs. Niagara
Sacred Heart vs. Army

(using a hand mirror to get a real good look at my loving balls) whoah!! im seeing double!
RPI vs. Quinnnnnnnnnnipiac
Dartmouth vs. Brown
Harvard vs Yale
Union vs. Princeton

since opinoins are judged based on how new they are, instead of how good they are, today i will make $1000 by posting "Rap music is hipster"
Vermont vs. BC
UConn vs. Northeastern
UNH vs. Mass-Lowell

(witnessing the flaming wreckage of a 6-car pile up) ah. Respect. More power
Fightin' Nerds vs. Ferris State
BG vs. Alaska-Anchorage
SPACEBEAR vs. LSSU

do not ever come to my gym with crayons and draw smiley faces all over the walls. i will put your rear end in the gutter. i will knock you over
Neb-Omaha vs. WMU
Col.Coll vs. Minn-Dul
Denver vs. Cloud
NoDak vs. RETIRE, RICO

Little Ceasers pizza can suck my soft dick!
Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
Notre Dame vs. Neo

thinking of turning back into white (Caucasian)
Bobby Mo' vs. Penn State
OSU vs. Colgate
MSU vs. Arizona State
Merrimack vs. Bemidji St.
Cornell vs. NMU

Go your team! Unless they're playing my team! Then Do Not Go Your Team!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Umass is gonna be top 5 if they sweep this Providence series loool

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah umass having a 7-1 start is fuckin' wild, especially when their only loss was to a pretty good OSU team

E: oh my god their schedule is so back-loaded. That February :stare:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Cale Makar is insanely Hobey Baker level good and they're getting good goaltending. I think they'll be a tournament team even if they slow down a bit. The HE looks bad this year and they should be able to rack up some wins there.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Because I also care about these things:

Lady Badgers are 11-1-0, with their only loss coming from MINNESOTA (gently caress them :argh:). All their home games have been sellouts so far.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

DJExile posted:

Little Ceasers pizza can suck my soft dick!
Minnesota vs. Wisconsin
Notre Dame vs. Neo

fuckin lol

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

you leave Little Caesar's pizza alone, it's a bright spot in the lives of the weary and downtrodden

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

you leave Little Caesar's pizza alone, it's a bright spot in the lives of the weary and downtrodden

the joke
____
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|______
your head

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hi! I'm the helpful joke explaining fairy!

Mouse over the black bar below this text!

they're all straight copy/pastes of @dril tweets