Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i want this videogame so bad

I’m getting much better at it but still awful. My wife can manage okay until about speed 12 and I have no idea how she does it.

This game can’t come out soon enough. It is so much fun trying to match the quick drops and rotations to the beat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Can u play this without vr

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

yeah it's dope

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

I’m getting much better at it but still awful. My wife can manage okay until about speed 12 and I have no idea how she does it.

This game can’t come out soon enough. It is so much fun trying to match the quick drops and rotations to the beat
Once you get above 9 you basically need to know where you want the block before it starts dropping. That's when you really have to start watching your queue.

Luckily, they made it so you can keep rotating blocks on the ground to compensate. I could never get past like 150-some lines on the NES because blocks start dropping faster than the controller can respond.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Can u play this without vr

I've only played without VR and it's great. FAU do you know the scoring tricks like T-spins and stuff? Sega put out some great tutorial vids when Puyo Puyo Tetris came out and I'm pretty sure the mechanics are close enough in this to be applicable. You get big scoring bonuses from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnU9mWOY87E

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

I've only played without VR and it's great. FAU do you know the scoring tricks like T-spins and stuff? Sega put out some great tutorial vids when Puyo Puyo Tetris came out and I'm pretty sure the mechanics are close enough in this to be applicable. You get big scoring bonuses from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnU9mWOY87E
I'm aware of them, I'm just bad at setting them up deliberately. I'm bad at them in PPT too.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

what's everyone's favorite track? the african chant hell tetris stage is cool but i've been doing marathon mode in THE DEEP for like the last 2 hours and i think it's the best in the demo. "its all connected..." -- high score so far is 193,026 btw which is only a B :cry:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

having a time limited demo a week before release of this game feels cruel.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm waiting

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's hilarious

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah i'm shaking lol. Why is it a friday launch instead of tuesday wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So you can game all weekend.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I still have the E3 trailer music stuck in my head.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Can't wait to chill out with this at midnight and calm my nerves from watching the Panthers crush the Steelers

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

goferchan posted:

Can't wait to chill out with this at midnight and calm my nerves from watching the Panthers crush the Steelers

Is drinking a beer on the itinerary too?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Raiders lost to the 1-7 49ers on twitch last Thursday. :eng99:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

3 to like 40. Come on.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The Raiders lost to the 1-7 49ers on twitch last Thursday. :eng99:

"Keep Pounding" that mothershitting follow button, folks. It's NFL on Twitch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember the one time I ever saw NFL on Twitch the chat was the most insane combination of terminally online twitch chat user freaks and people who like to watch sports online. When there's a first down there's like walls of Pog Champs and also people typing with proper capitalization and punctuation about how bad the ref's are lmfao. It's awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I remember the one time I ever saw NFL on Twitch the chat was the most insane combination of terminally online twitch chat user freaks and people who like to watch sports online. When there's a first down there's like walls of Pog Champs and also people typing with proper capitalization and punctuation about how bad the ref's are lmfao. It's awesome

You underestimated the power of the Wormraid

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

This. Also my awesome thread about the interactive football league.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wishing I preordered Hitman instead so I could pretend all my asassination targets are the loving refs in this game

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

If you line up a whole row of refs they all disappear

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

kids are at daycare tmrw and i am working an evening shift so i may get some free time in the morning to make disappear playing this game loving badly.

i hate that the preorder sampler soundtrack needs to be transferred to a usb rather than just being able to play on the ps4.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

kids are at daycare tmrw and i am working an evening shiftAnd then I'll be watching my wife of 12 years get railed by my uncle, Pete so i may get some free time in the morning to make disappear playing this game loving badly.

i hate that My wife has sex with other men while I have to take care of the kids, but hey. It's what you sign up for, as a father. Shampster Out.the preorder sampler soundtrack needs to be transferred to a usb rather than just being able to play on the ps4.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fabrizzio took the kids out on his boat today so I lined up extra early at the GameStop to pick up my copy.. installing now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shampy posted:

Fabrizzio took the kids out on his boat today so I lined up extra early at the GameStop to pick up my copy.. installing now

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

This is great. I find the massive shifts in speed in some of the levels creates a ton of tension then sense of accomplishment when it slows down and you are doing fine.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Shampy posted:

Wtf lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don’t necessarily think that’s funny but it’s funny that Shampys strat for gaining popularity is taking on the gimmick of being a huge bitch. Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Although some guy taking your kids out on his boat is kinda funny. Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Although some guy taking your kids out on his boat is kinda funny. Lol

Fabrizzio is the guy who tipped Sector_Corrector over the edge and made him do the insane Wop flipout

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fabrizzio, Scourge of Gamers
Demon, Cursed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Fabrizzio is the guy who tipped Sector_Corrector over the edge and made him do the insane Wop flipout

hes a child rapist from FOX Classic Prison Break I believe.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Fabrizzio, Scourge of Gamers
Demon, Cursed

lmao

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm playing it and I'm freaking out over how good it is. I'm not even in vr it's great just as is.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

an actual dog posted:

I'm playing it and I'm freaking out over how good it is. I'm not even in vr it's great just as is.

no one is playing this or any game in vr

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Holy poo poo the fire level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's wild how much the variable speed through the level (instead of just constantly ramping up) changes the feel of Tetris so much. It's great to just barely survive a high-speed part and then have a slow section of the song to catch your breath and clean up your board.

• Locked thread