Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The fact that Thanos' finisher is gonna get completely undone in the next film is the most hilariously WWE poo poo.

Nah the Guardians will probably stay melted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Nah the Guardians will probably stay melted

They're already making a third movie.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The Kimoa Kid posted:

They're already making a third movie.

They were, then Gunn got fired and the principal actors are backing out

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

They were, then Gunn got fired and the principal actors are backing out

Nobody backed out. Batista only said he'd leave if they didn't use Gunn's script.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Guardians 3 is indeed on hold for the moment. James Gunn’s script was complete but that’s as far as production went before poo poo hit the fan.
According to the internet, anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The fact that Thanos' finisher is gonna get completely undone in the next film is the most hilariously WWE poo poo.

Personally I'm just tired of the 50/50 booking.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Nobody backed out. Batista only said he'd leave if they didn't use Gunn's script.

Apropos of nothing, this is one of my favorite segments and proves Batista can tell the future https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D2fulVqmQc

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Personally I'm just tired of the 50/50 booking.

You got beat to this joke a page ago

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nuh uh that's 2 totally different uses of it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go... I'm sorry."

"YOU SNAPPED OUT! YOU SNAPPED OUT!"

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Sandman McMahon posted:

Guardians 3 is indeed on hold for the moment. James Gunn’s script was complete but that’s as far as production went before poo poo hit the fan.
According to the internet, anyway.

Latest update is production happens in 2021 at the earliest which means 2022 release if that happens.

Whole thing is a clusterfuck. All the principal actors are returning (Batista is just blindly ranting which he always has) and Gunn's finished script is being used but Disney still has to find a director. Given how the popular rumor is that Marvel is going full Cosmic Marvel for the next phase and GOTG3 was supposed to be the kick-off it's all buggered.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Who was Willie Green?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I don't know how easy a question this is to answer but. There are plenty of wrestlers who think they should be high up the card but don't have the talent. Have there been any wrestlers who have the talent to be high up the card but they. themselves, don't realise it and go nowhere?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bessantj posted:

I don't know how easy a question this is to answer but. There are plenty of wrestlers who think they should be high up the card but don't have the talent. Have there been any wrestlers who have the talent to be high up the card but they. themselves, don't realise it and go nowhere?

I'm sure they knew they had the talent, but folks like Shelton Benjamin and Carlito were content to stay in the mid card, which infuriated WWE officials because they wanted them to be main eventers.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Having seen Hawkins on the indies, he's miles better than what WWE has him doing. He is also totally content to be King Jobber and actually feed his family.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Davros1 posted:

I'm sure they knew they had the talent, but folks like Shelton Benjamin and Carlito were content to stay in the mid card, which infuriated WWE officials because they wanted them to be main eventers.

I always thought that Benjamin couldn't cut a good enough promo to really get over and did wonder if Vince had something personal against Carlito. Didn't realise they were just content with their spot.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

bessantj posted:

I always thought that Benjamin couldn't cut a good enough promo to really get over and did wonder if Vince had something personal against Carlito. Didn't realise they were just content with their spot.

They probably took one look at HHH, realised he'd never let them stay on top, and consequently decided it was better to dig a groove in the midcard rather than deal with the politics of the main event.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Barry Windham was one of the best big guys ever, but he reached a point where he decided he didn't want to work a heavy schedule. Supposedly this had a lot to do with him entering a long term relationship with a woman who was independently wealthy herself.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Halloween Jack posted:

Barry Windham was one of the best big guys ever, but he reached a point where he decided he didn't want to work a heavy schedule. Supposedly this had a lot to do with him entering a long term relationship with a woman who was independently wealthy herself.

He also had some bad injuries that helped that decision along.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davros1 posted:

Shelton, maybe, but Carlito was lazy as gently caress.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

carlito fuckin rules

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Randaconda posted:

*spits apple in your face*

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

*spits apple in your face*

I'm not cool, so I deserve it :smithcloud:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Self degradation? That’s not cool.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sandman McMahon posted:

Honest question: how different would your life be if you never got into wrestling?
On one hand, I would have probably been able to bang way more waitresses at the sports bar I worked at in my early 20s, but also me and my buds would have never made that amazing trip to New Orleans in 2014 that we have all agreed to never again discuss. Plus other cool memories.

It’s hard to say, you?

Also this question isn’t for all the weirdos that got into it after the Attitude Era. Seriously, how the gently caress does that even happen? (Spoiler: This is a two part question, answer whichever part is relevant to your life)

I made a lot of lifetime friends through going to shows with people I met through the Oratory forum and I have really great memories of that. I think wrestling was also my first opportunity to understand how weirdo outsider businesses worked since I started looking into what was going on with WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA etc when I was a kid and young teenager. I think I’m more aware of the history of pro wrestling and how it works than my own business at this point

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Randaconda posted:

There's the infamous Raw where they let Flair cut a promo on him which was basically the office's frustrations with him being broadcast on national TV.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaz-L posted:

There's the infamous Raw where they let Flair cut a promo on him which was basically the office's frustrations with him being broadcast on national TV.

Man, that promo owned.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Gaz-L posted:

On one hand, this was a bitch-made move from the office but on the other hand they didn't say anything that wasn't true.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Shiki Dan posted:

On one hand, this was a bitch-made move from the office but on the other hand they didn't say anything that wasn't true.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about most office burial promos. It's such a low rent thing to do, but they're usually so goddamn good and entertaining.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Randaconda posted:

Man, that promo owned.

Hell yeah it did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FStT_VIdW0c

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Halloween Jack posted:

drat hell yeah get it barry windham.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

DangerDummy! posted:

That pretty much sums up how I feel about most office burial promos. It's such a low rent thing to do, but they're usually so goddamn good and entertaining.

The other thing about them is they make me think of all the wrestlers who did literally evertyhing they were asked, gave their full effort and then got depushed and eventually shitcanned anyway because the office "had nothing for them" or "already have a black guy" or "feel like they were getting over wrong" or whatever. If you saw that happening to your co-workers would it motivate you to give your best efforts?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

SiKboy posted:

The other thing about them is they make me think of all the wrestlers who did literally evertyhing they were asked, gave their full effort and then got depushed and eventually shitcanned anyway because the office "had nothing for them" or "already have a black guy" or "feel like they were getting over wrong" or whatever. If you saw that happening to your co-workers would it motivate you to give your best efforts?

Posts like this always make me remember JR giving a speech at the HoF about working hard gets you the main event and just being there keeps you in the midcard while showing Shelton Benjamin and other mid carders on camera listening.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And honestly, since wrestling is kinda built like an old time movie studio, don't you like, need supporting players and guys who aren't stars? Isn't it better for you if some people decide "You know what, I'm good playing the heavy, I don't need to be the lead" and you can just rely on them to perform?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Posts like this always make me remember JR giving a speech at the HoF about working hard gets you the main event and just being there keeps you in the midcard while showing Shelton Benjamin and other mid carders on camera listening.

JR who got let go multiple times and was routinely humiliated on camera with no come-uppance because it tickled Vince’s taint saying that working hard gets you results is great

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

And honestly, since wrestling is kinda built like an old time movie studio, don't you like, need supporting players and guys who aren't stars? Isn't it better for you if some people decide "You know what, I'm good playing the heavy, I don't need to be the lead" and you can just rely on them to perform?

WWE simultaneously forgot this but also decided they didn’t want new stars so now they just base their programming around washed up MMA people and everyone else is just kind of there

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shelton had the company behind him on several occasions. His failure is entirely his fault.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

How is it "his failure" if he was content being at the position he wanted to be at?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol if you think the company would know how to get behind somebody even if they wanted to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Randaconda posted:

Shelton had the company behind him on several occasions. His failure is entirely his fault.

Sure buddy, sure. Let us all think about all the great full steam Shelton pushes and how his own lack of effort derailed them.