Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's only NASCAR where the race winner is penalized for cheating like 87 times a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Who invited the retards?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

mischief posted:

What is your ideal NASCAR product and when did it happen? Because what they're putting on the track right now is pretty impressive compared to what it's been for a long loving time.

The best the sport's been in a long loving time, really? One of the primary contenders for the championship just got disqualified for being a cheating gently caress like two races before the end of the season you idiot. Run your mouth about how great cheating was in the 80's some more though, that'll keep top level teams from shutting down and race fans from tuning out.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Reynold posted:

The best the sport's been in a long loving time, really? One of the primary contenders for the championship just got disqualified for being a cheating gently caress like two races before the end of the season you idiot. Run your mouth about how great cheating was in the 80's some more though, that'll keep top level teams from shutting down and race fans from tuning out.

Sir I'm gonna need you to calm down.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

dentist toy box posted:

Sir I'm gonna need you to calm down.

NO YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

:69snypa:

also who cares

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Reynold posted:

They're already tuned out and ots not because of cheating. Literally no one gives a poo poo about it except you.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, this is pretty cut and dry here:

-NASCAR requires a single source for the spoilers. Make your own and you're in deep poo poo, as we saw here.
-The 4 didn't do this. They're now in deep poo poo.
-Because the 4 decided to be a bunch of dickheads, they now have to inspect EVERY spoiler now, which they didn't have to because they were operating under the assumption that all the spoilers were identical.

So there you go.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Joe Rogan - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Reflects on His Career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPCHVNK42f8

Edit: Joe Rogan - Dale Earnhardt Jr. on What It's Like to Flip a Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQrzrTM3IQ4

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 8, 2018

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I hope they took that finish flag away from that kid.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Joe Rogan - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Reflects on His Career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPCHVNK42f8

Edit: Joe Rogan - Dale Earnhardt Jr. on What It's Like to Flip a Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQrzrTM3IQ4

Ohhhhh poo poo I didn't know Jr went on there, time to update.

About drat time. Wonder if he smoked weed.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Reynold posted:

Yes, cheating at a top level team is what's killing stock car racing. You've cracked the case.

We should call the Frances.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoW84RgfIs

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-thru.

More seriously, though, you can argue NASCAR hasn't done enough over the years to discourage race winners from cheating again, but I can actually remember the second half of this year (which I can't say I remember much about any of the last few years overall). In a twisted way, Brian France getting busted for driving with party liquor in his system has actually made me slightly optimistic, especially combined with the improved racing. The sport is still screwed mightily, but at least the product is...better?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

I hope they took that finish flag away from that kid.

Sorry son, the rules are the rules and you broke them. Gonna need that selfie deleted too.

Furthermore, I never said NASCAR was better at some other point, what I said was the organization needs to bring the hammer down like the fist of an angry god anytime they catch someone doing it, rather than this piddly bullshit punishment they currently mete out. In response, a half dozen morons sprung up in defense of... cheating?

Reynold fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 8, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

There have been a lot of good races this year. I am concerned about the 2019 package but who am I kidding, it's racing so I will watch it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I assure you that whatever they're getting caught with in NASCAR, a redneck has more creative poo poo done to his loving 4cyl bomber at your local track.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Reynold posted:

Sorry son, the rules are the rules and you broke them. Gonna need that selfie deleted too.

You're also getting a $50000 fine. Sorry about your college hopes, kid.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

big nipples big life posted:

There have been a lot of good races this year. I am concerned about the 2019 package but who am I kidding, it's racing so I will watch it.

My hope is that it'll look something like this so we can at least be entertained while feeling dirty that it's not "racing":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpyfBv2jqt8

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's probably exactly what it will look like.

Also I hope Kyle wins the first race in it so he can give us his opinion like he did on the CoT.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope there's a schism and NASCAR splits into the France Family Pack Racing Jamboree vs. the Cool-rear end Short Track Good Racing Series

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

kidcoelacanth posted:

I hope there's a schism and NASCAR splits into the France Family Pack Racing Jamboree vs. the Cool-rear end Short Track Good Racing Series

Yeah the split did wonders for open wheelers and sportscars

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I mean...it took a bit but both are now great and gaining fans/viewers/ticket buyers quicker than nascar.

And at least they're still fun to watch.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Peanut President posted:

Yeah the split did wonders for open wheelers and sportscars

Half this thread is openly rooting for the death of the sport anyway

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
NASCAR's problem with cheating now isn't that the teams are still cheating. It's that NASCAR has such a tight grip on things that it's very loving expensive to squeeze legitimate extra speed out of a car, and possibly even more expensive to engineer intuitive cheats. It's not Formula 1 levels of spending and development but for what NASCAR racing should all be about the resemblance is bothersome.

iwentdoodie posted:

I assure you that whatever they're getting caught with in NASCAR, a redneck has more creative poo poo done to his loving 4cyl bomber at your local track.

Case in point. Rednecks don't create custom CAD files and fabricate custom rear spoilers just so they can move them a tenth of an inch to the right.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

Didn't NASCAR effectively prevent a split by buying ARCA because no Charter holder can participate in a competing stock car series or something and ARCA was the only one close to something which could've, in theory, become a competitor where major teams could land?

I'm hoping the head of the mental midget snake having been cut off (Brian) and replaced by one more sensible (Jim)/literally anyone else might point things in the right direction by default.

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1060590925682925568

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 8, 2018

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

kidcoelacanth posted:

Half this thread is openly rooting for the death of the sport anyway

:yeah:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

One, two, three, four
I don't have to root for Truex anymore.
Five, six, seven, eight
Pearn's the only thing that makes him great.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Must see:

Dale Earnhardt Jr Talks New Book, Concussions & Retirement w/Rich Eisen | Full Interview | 11/8/18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRsH6KdXvc

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Nov 9, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ross Chastain to CGR full-time in NXS next year. John Hunter Nemechek may run a second car part-time.

e- Is this what it takes to earn a ride now? :wtc:

quote:

Most of Chastain’s opportunity can be attributed to DC Solar CEO Jeff Carpoff, who has lobbied for Chastain all season, even hiring the driver to pilot his motorhome to races across the country in addition to his duties at JDM.

"I told him, he didn't know what the hell he was talking about and leave the driver hiring to me," Ganassi said about Carpoff. "Well, he was right ... everyone knows I like winners and we've seen he can win races."

https://autoweek.com/article/nascar/ross-chastain-join-chip-ganassi-racing-nascar-xfinity-team-full-time-2019#ixzz5WNtSjyoN

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 9, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Somebody a while back said they hoped Kenny Wallace would disappear off TV:

https://twitter.com/Kenny_Wallace/status/1060910127535005698

Dang Ol' Junyer showed some love:
https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/1060981001126477824

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Huge domino prepping to fall here. NASCAR makes offer to buy ISC outright:

https://racer.com/2018/11/09/nascar-makes-offer-to-acquire-international-speedway-corporation/

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

Somebody a while back said they hoped Kenny Wallace would disappear off TV:

https://twitter.com/Kenny_Wallace/status/1060910127535005698

Good for him.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

Huge domino prepping to fall here. NASCAR makes offer to buy ISC outright:

https://racer.com/2018/11/09/nascar-makes-offer-to-acquire-international-speedway-corporation/

Going all-in with the racing business would seemingly contradict failson Brian France’s desire to buy an NFL team, which makes for interesting fallout from him getting arrested earlier this year...what a difference a few months makes.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress yeah Christopher Bell is in!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bell is gonna be a drat superstar

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

N: Jeffrey Earnhardt will run 9 Xfinity races for Gibbs next year.

V: He's JWT, only with a name instead of Daddy's Money.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Bell is gonna be a drat superstar

He really does have the whole "future big name" package going - he can drive his rear end off, great personality, comfortable with the camera, etc. He and Erik Jones have grown on me a lot lately.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The reconfiguration of Phoenix may be the dumbest thing on a massive list of dumb things NASCAR/ISC have done in the last 15 years under the guise of improving the sport. I still don't get the point.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 11, 2018

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Mad scramble restarts? I don’t remember the original config

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

The reconfiguration of Phoenix may be the dumbest thing on a massive list of dumb things NASCAR/ISC have done in the last 15 years under the guise of improving the sport. I still don't get the point.

lol it's not even close are you kidding

it's a wash at worst