Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

shovelbum posted:

I wish they sold iron Bru at Costco

sez there's an edinburgh costco?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

just got a meat boner

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

FogHelmut posted:

just got a meat boner

whats yours normally made out of?

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

sexy tiger boobs posted:

whats yours normally made out of?

bones?? what kind of idiot question is this?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

A Tad Ghostal posted:

When they said you were like a whale I thought they just meant you were really fat.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

A Tad Ghostal posted:

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/bible-interpretation/the-adam-and-eve-story-eve-came-from-where/

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

When I was doing wine tastings for the wedding (aka getting fuckin drunk) I bought a bottle of some red blend from costco. I can't remember the name, but it was 100% Kirkland branded. It got great reviews from the fam! Can't go wrong with a liter of wine for like $10 USD yo

Was this a wine tasting thru costco?!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

That's nothing. My friend's dad is in the wine biz and we were staying at his house one week and someone had shipped a bone-in $1400 jamon iberico to the house as a business promotion. We (12 guys in our late 20's) absolutely loving devoured that ham. It's far and away the most delicious meat I've ever had in my life.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
fellow costco fans, is there any benefit to buying a new cellphone from the costco verizon kiosk vs. online/somewhere else? I am due for an upgrade and was going to just order online but they may have sick nasty deals??????

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Scornful Sexbot posted:

fellow costco fans, is there any benefit to buying a new cellphone from the costco verizon kiosk vs. online/somewhere else? I am due for an upgrade and was going to just order online but they may have sick nasty deals??????

They told me if I bought it from the kiosk that I could get my 2% executive member and my 2% Costco Visa cash back on it.

I still decided just to buy it from the Apple store, they (the cellphone guys) didn't seem super trustworthy.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Scornful Sexbot posted:

Costco guys seems to waive the activation fee at my local kiosk

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

FCKGW posted:

Costco guys seems to waive the activation fee at my local kiosk

They are not Costco guys. None of the vendors are. Even the Samples people are not Costco employees.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I was talking to a guy last night that bought one of those, he said it was pretty much as good as the stuff we eat when we're in Spain. He's always worried about loving up on the meat cutting, but the actual quality was very high.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Trastion posted:

They are not Costco guys. None of the vendors are. Even the Samples people are not Costco employees.

Yes, and? I was referring to "the guys at Costco" as opposed to a corp store.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Scornful Sexbot posted:

They have the Moto g6 on sale for like 180 it's a good phone my wife has one

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

durrneez posted:

Was this a wine tasting thru costco?!

If by "wine tasting" you mean buying a couple bottles, going to my aunts house, getting fuckin' WINE WASTED. Then yes.

This post brought to you by Costco ™

Sorority Fister
Aug 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

FCKGW posted:

Yes, and? I was referring to "the guys at Costco" as opposed to a corp store.

Dude you got hosed up in the costco thread

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the boys of costco

Sorority Fister
Aug 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flaggy posted:

My wife gets the Apothic Reds and one called Menage a trois red she really likes.

http://www.menageatroiswines.com/

https://www.apothic.com/

You're better off heading into a 7-eleven and stumbling into their wine rack, then dropping to the floor and lapping up what you can before you get thrown out. Tastes about the same as these garbage wines.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Sorority Fister posted:

You're better off heading into a 7-eleven and stumbling into their wine rack, then dropping to the floor and lapping up what you can before you get thrown out. Tastes about the same as these garbage wines.

Nice opinion with no examples of quality affordable whines.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Sorority Fister posted:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

BaconCopter posted:

Nice opinion with no examples of quality affordable whines.

People like what they like, whatever. The two wines you listed, though, tend to be a little bit exceedingly sweeter than what the grapes would do naturally through traditional wine making. They have enormous amounts of residual sugar, often added after the wine is complete. Now, there's no problem with accounting for taste but the wines you're listing tend to be consumed by a lot of wine novices who - get ready for it - don't really actually like the taste of wine, but the very high sugar helps them deal with it.

I've just come off a huge rant here about people should buy what they like and it's not a sign of sophistication to hate blended scotches but there are many affordable consensus good or great wines available at Costco that aren't sickly sweet and don't have winemakers adding corn syrup and poo poo, starting with literally everything that has the Kirkland label on it (very few of those wines are misses, honestly).

If you tend to like a sweeter red, try a Kirkland Old Vine Zinfandel (or if you're not shopping at Costco, the 7 Deadly Zins is a stupid name but a decent, affordable bottle). A Malbec is another great choice. Otherwise you can get into the dryer wines and KNOW you're getting a decent bottle when you buy a Kirkland wine, especially an Oregon or California PN or CS

EAT FASTER!!!!!! fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 9, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Sorority Fister posted:

I do this un-ironically, but with Slurpees. And Hot cheetos.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Fallom posted:

the boys of costco

I can see you
Your samples shining in the sun
You got your hairnet up and that red apron on, baby

But I can tell you
My love for dogs will still be strong
After the boys of Costco have gone

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Sorority Fister posted:

Apothics generally rate in the mid-high 80s, which is perfectly serviceable for a $8-12 bottle. Not everyone's going home to crush Silver Oak every night.

Which one of you tipped off Reader's Digest? https://www.rd.com/culture/why-you-should-always-buy-wine-at-costco/

Sorority Fister
Aug 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rated by who? The American public that thinks Olive Garden is fine dining?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Argyle posted:

I can see you
Your samples shining in the sun
You got your hairnet up and that red apron on, baby

But I can tell you
My love for dogs will still be strong
After the boys of Costco have gone

Driving down the road today
Saw a Sam’s Club sticker on a Cadillac

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Re cheap wine: Costco has a Willamete Valley rose for 10 bucks that is pretty good. Trader Joe's has Gaetano D'Aquino chianti riserva for $5.99 that is very serviceable. After that I go for Bota Box Pinot Noir and Bota Box Pinot Gris. I only really like wines that are kinda dry and not too sweet.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kirkland Malbec down, pretty good, kind of on the sweeter side

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Glenlivet code is clearanced at my Costco for $74, worth checking out if you like Glenlivet.

Sorority Fister
Aug 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seems like every Malbec I've had lately has been on the sweeter side.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sweeter wines are easier to keep drinkable and get more repeat buys

Doesn't bother me though I don't care about sweet v dry so long as the wines tolerable

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sorority Fister posted:

Dude you got hosed up in the costco thread

I’m so confused right now

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

That's nothing. My friend's dad is in the wine biz and we were staying at his house one week and someone had shipped a bone-in $1400 jamon iberico to the house as a business promotion. We (12 guys in our late 20's) absolutely loving devoured that ham. It's far and away the most delicious meat I've ever had in my life.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The Slack Lagoon posted:

They have the Moto g6 on sale for like 180 it's a good phone my wife has one

oh word? my g4 is starting to get sluggish

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

therobit posted:

Re cheap wine: Costco has a Willamete Valley rose for 10 bucks that is pretty good. Trader Joe's has Gaetano D'Aquino chianti riserva for $5.99 that is very serviceable. After that I go for Bota Box Pinot Noir and Bota Box Pinot Gris. I only really like wines that are kinda dry and not too sweet.

If you can bag a Willamete Valley Pinot Noir at your costco do so.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Guys, they make a sherpa hoody

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Does this have to be refrigerated? I think my wife is getting me one for my birthday...

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

If you can bag a Willamete Valley Pinot Noir at your costco do so.

Is this what replaced the bag in a box cab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Ultimate Mango posted:

Does this have to be refrigerated? I think my wife is getting me one for my birthday...

Not only does it not have to be refrigerated, you do NOT want to refrigerate it. But you do want to keep it in a cool place with air movement if you can.

Here is a pretty good resource about the use and storage of jamon:

https://www.tienda.com/dons-travels/jamonslicing.html

If you're wifie is getting you one then she's pretty cool