Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DJExile posted:

Hi! I'm the helpful joke explaining fairy!

Mouse over the black bar below this text!

they're all straight copy/pastes of @dril tweets
Yeah, I looked up the pizza one after seeing your post and found some twitter account named "Keith Stone" from 2014 with a single tweet. Right over my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

DJExile posted:

here comes that rear end hole. that bloated nit wit trying to scam us again. that howling jack-o-lantern. Boy id love to get a look at his pecker

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

Yeah, I looked up the pizza one after seeing your post and found some twitter account named "Keith Stone" from 2014 with a single tweet. Right over my head.

oh, yeah i think that was a retweet, lol

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Suuuuper open goal for Wisc

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I wish the Wisconsin game was broadcast I wasn't dumb

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
DU-SCSU is a good game so far!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

insanely Wisconsin student section voice SIEVE SIEVE SIEVE SIEVE

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And I jinxed it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

iospace posted:

Because I also care about these things:

Lady Badgers are 11-1-0, with their only loss coming from MINNESOTA (gently caress them :argh:). All their home games have been sellouts so far.

Miami's women's team has been to 4 straight ACHA D1 finals, is 3-1 while also being back to back defending champions and still aren't an NCAA D1 program and I am hopping mad irl

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan 2
Notre Dame 1

gently caress Notre Dame

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Neodoomium posted:

Michigan 2
Notre Dame 1

gently caress Notre Dame

They've been poo poo for about 5 straight games. What the gently caress is wrong with them, besides being loving garbage with garbage fans?

Denver, St. Cloud, North Dakota, and UMD are all loving good. Western Michigan is probably okay. The NCHC is once again a goddamn murderers' row.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How many of their core aged out this year? That's probably why

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Justin Wade and Jordan Gross, but defense hasn't really been their problem. They still have Wegworth, Malmquist, Nardella, Theisen, and O'Leary. That should be plenty of offense, but they're just not scoring.

Losing Gross and Ogilvie apparently hosed them up pretty good. Those guys were extremely good and were leaders.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 10, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ref got taken out by a gopher by complete accident.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

gently caress the one kind of hawk and go the other gooder hawk

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan sucks

gently caress Notre Dame

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

go bowling green in... like an hour

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Umass swept Providence but they got outshot 31-13. Still pretty cool!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
Bobby Mo is very bad

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I think St. Cloud might be good this year.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

St. Cloud is really good. DU played well but were always playing off their back foot because the pressure SCSU was putting up was wild

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The Miami Redhawks Will Win The NCHC Tournament then lose in the first round of the NE/East regional to UMass

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

St. Cloud, Minnesota State, and UMD all being legit contenders for best team in college hockey is making for some extremely interesting interactions with co-workers.

A division manager in a meeting told me he went to St. Cloud after I mentioned I was going to the Frozen Four, and I said "Wow, you went to St. Cloud and they still let you manage? This is a pretty progressive organization!"

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

same

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

seriously, it's so incredibly nice for the hawks to at least be competitive again, even if it's early. larkin is playing great, and melnick, siroky, bachman, dornbrock, ryshma, lavalle, and green are doing a great job finally filling that leadership void that's been absent since the coleman/barber/czarnik guys have gone (as good as belpidio is, i never really got that vibe from him, and spinell just flat out wasn't talented enough even though he was in all regards a good leader). the kids have also really stepped up and meyer looks like a potential stud. i really thought this was going to be another long rear end year with belpidio, sherwood, and hutton all leaving early, but this team looks like it has a reasonable shot at a tournament 4 seed if they don't have a classic 2nd half rico swoon

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

One of the most enjoyable aspects of college hockey is it makes rivals of graduates of 5 colleges in Minnesota. There is a definite pecking order in terms of perceived (or actual) academic quality, social class, and which group of students are actually the biggest posers.

A brief rundown, in order from lowest to highest average ACT score:

St. Cloud State University: located in the biggest shithole of a city in the entire state. Basically a gigantic trailer park next to a filthy river. SCSU is a safety school for idiots who aren't sure if their 17 on the ACT will get them into Mankato. The only people who go here are functionally illiterate, drunk when they applied and accepted admission, moon-faced townies, or auto dealership heirs/failsons.

Minnesota State University - Mankato: the "flagship" of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, of which SCSU and Bemidji are part, Mankato is a slightly better city than St. Cloud in terms of houses that have wheels, but still a boring cultural wasteland. Mankato is where you go to college if you are too smart to go to St. Cloud but too stupid to just kill yourself.

Bemidji State University: Bemidji is a goddamned gem of a city and an amazing. area to be in if you enjoy alcohol, the outdoors, and extremely lax academic expectations. Expect to be drunk a lot and have a ton of fun, but don't expect to be employable.

University of Minnesota-Duluth: UMD is the safety school for kids who don't get into the University of Minnesota, and the first choice for kids who plan to transfer after everyone forgets about how loving terrible they were at highschool. The city and the school tend to turn most students into diehards over time, even if they planned to leave. The constant spectre of hypothermia and the crushing despair of seeing the sun once a semester builds solidarity, I guess. Trampled by Turtles, Low, and Charlie Parr are loving cool and Duluth ia a great place to be if you know what you're doing.

University of Minnesota: cake-eating shitheads who couldn't get into Macalester or Madison. Dumb assholes who ruined the WCHA. Getting harder to get accepted, but once you're in you don't need to go to class anymore as long as you pay your bills on time. Been coasting on some championships that are contemporaneous with the building of the Eden Prarie Mall.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

hawks still ranked bicth

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i just impulse bought two tickets for the frozen four, right on the glass in one of the corners

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whatis posted:

i just impulse bought two tickets for the frozen four, right on the glass in one of the corners

You'll love it, it's a blast.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

There will be a ton of very fat dudes wearing RPI jerseys, if my experience is representative.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
*jack edwards voice* LET'S GO YOU RAGTAG MINUTEMEN

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

St. Cloud State University: located in the biggest shithole of a city in the entire state. Basically a gigantic trailer park next to a filthy river. SCSU is a safety school for idiots who aren't sure if their 17 on the ACT will get them into Mankato. The only people who go here are functionally illiterate, drunk when they applied and accepted admission, moon-faced townies, or auto dealership heirs/failsons.

Minnesota State University - Mankato: the "flagship" of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, of which SCSU and Bemidji are part, Mankato is a slightly better city than St. Cloud in terms of houses that have wheels, but still a boring cultural wasteland. Mankato is where you go to college if you are too smart to go to St. Cloud but too stupid to just kill yourself.

St. Cloud: Correct

Mankato: Also correct but you forgot to mention how our name comes from Coach so like half credit, which at UMD is probably a B+ or something.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Anyone see this gross poo poo yet

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The biggest offense is that's only a club team :argh:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

goofy rear end over the top club team jerseys own, i aint care

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

St. Cloud: Correct

Mankato: Also correct but you forgot to mention how our name comes from Coach so like half credit, which at UMD is probably a B+ or something.

B+ at UMD is what you get for not showing up to the final high on bath salts.

UMD's unofficial nickname, which is used exclusively by me, is "Harvard of the North Woods." Which is why UMD's victory in the 2017 Frozen Four over Harvard was so significant. There can be only one true Harvard, and that title currently resides in Duluth.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 16, 2018

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

UMD's unofficial nickname, which is used exclusively by me, is "Harvard of the North Woods." Which is why UMD's victory in the 2017 Frozen Four over Harvard was so significant. There can be only one true Harvard, and that title currently resides in Duluth.

I would have said you could be the Harvard of I-35 on a technicality (35W is not the same as 35) but apparently it goes through Norman, so I think Oklahoma probably has that one. Those uniforms might disqualify them though.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

DU and Duluth just had one of the dumbest, ugliest periods of hockey I can remember

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Penn State blew a 4-2 goal lead in the 3rd and lost to Michigan 6-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bard Maddox posted:

DU and Duluth just had one of the dumbest, ugliest periods of hockey I can remember

Do explain