Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

rovert posted:

Cass Is Awesome

Ahhhh

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Excuse me Rovert, but I think you mean Big Azz. :v:

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

that is an ungodly amount of oil or water or whatever the gently caress is on him

also why is his face blurrier than the rest of his body

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

Cass Is Awesome

Best way to have hope of ever getting hired back in a company that is all about body image obviously is to just completely let yourself go

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Optimist with doubt posted:

also why is his face blurrier than the rest of his body

*camera auto focus zooming in on the gut* yeah this looks like his face

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Strawberry Panda posted:

Michael Eisner reminds me of Vince McMahon. He had a bunch of bad ideas- wanted to abandon animation altogether and lean heavily into live action movies.

Both had crazy ideas involving limos that got scrapped because somebody actually died.

Glad to see some Defunctland love in this thread. It's pretty much my favorite YouTube series. The Nara Dreamland episode is especially interesting.

Anyway, seeing the idea of Braun vs. Corbin coming off as a wet fart is pretty funny to me because there was a time when WWE really seemed to be prepping them as the next Cena/Orton feud (the early days, I mean). Braun was Raw's unstoppable monster and for a time, SmackDown appeared to be building Corbin as his counterpart. Corbin even got to be the one who eliminated Braun during Braun's Royal Rumble god run and I always saw Corbin being removed from Survivor Series 2016 as a way to keep the two separated for a little bit longer. It was always going to be an uphill battle to get the fans to buy Corbin as Braun's equal, but they scrapped that anyway by punking him out and giving him this dorky constable gimmick.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Best way to have hope of ever getting hired back in a company that is all about body image obviously is to just completely let yourself go

worked for chris hero

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

worked for chris hero

Doesn't Hero have friends though

Nobody likes Cass even the guy who teamed with him for years

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gavok posted:

It was always going to be an uphill battle to get the fans to buy Corbin as Braun's equal, but they scrapped that anyway by punking him out and giving him this dorky constable gimmick.

The constable gimmick is a huge upgrade from 'tryhard guy who hangs out in the high school parking lot even though he graduated like four years ago'.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
fat cass is gonna rule the world

can you imagine, a new chris hero, except the twist is he's bad at wrestling and talking

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Vandar posted:

The constable gimmick is a huge upgrade from 'tryhard guy who hangs out in the high school parking lot even though he graduated like four years ago'.

I saw him as more "that guy in a bar who picks a fight with the movie's hero or unknowingly tries to fight a literal monster."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gavok posted:

I saw him as more "that guy in a bar who picks a fight with the movie's hero or unknowingly tries to fight a literal monster."

Why not all three?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gavok posted:

drat that's pretty spot on. he'd definitely wear clothes that the terminator would need to blend into society.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

https://twitter.com/timmy8271/status/1061456388113653762

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

shiksa posted:

drat that's pretty spot on. he'd definitely wear clothes that the terminator would need to blend into society.

Jason Voorhees has probably kicked his stereo at one point.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I had to look him up - had no idea who he was

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He just looks the same to me, which i would like interpreted as a personal truth of mine, and not corrected If you are that type of person.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
biggest wettest wrestler also fan of biggest wettest president.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I had to look him up - had no idea who he was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-FpDg2V32Y

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Aw man I forgot about Bull Dempsey

Didn’t even know he’d gotten released although I guess it makes sense seeing as I haven’t watched him in a match in like two years

E:
^^^ Corbins hairline always looked pretty bad but it’s crazy seeing him like two years ago and it looks passable

Sockser fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Nov 11, 2018

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this whole time i thought Bull Dempsey was Buddy Murphy, and i still don't know who Buddy Murphy is

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Isn't Cass the one who somehow got fired for liking Trump too much

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Isn't Cass the one who somehow got fired for liking Trump too much

Nah. He got fired for assaulting a little person after Vince told him not to.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Cass or Enzo living a sad, post spotlight wrestling story is so obvious I hope they manage to move on.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Cass or Enzo living a sad, post spotlight wrestling story is so obvious I hope they manage to move on.

Enzo is a very successful rapper now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sockser posted:

Aw man I forgot about Bull Dempsey

Didn’t even know he’d gotten released although I guess it makes sense seeing as I haven’t watched him in a match in like two years

When he got called into the office to get fired, he legitimately thought they were going to tell him they were giving him a raise. He completely misread all their usual,"Do better or we'll fire you" signals.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Strawberry Panda posted:

Nah. He got fired for assaulting a little person after Vince told him not to.

Oh yeah I knew it was something that it seemed like Vince would love

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ah yes, the classic no DQ math where nobody did anything that could get you DQed.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Just for the people who aren't familiar with this period of NXT, Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey were having dueling "Goldberg squashing jobbers in 15 seconds" runs, and Dempsey was jealous because Corbin was clearly better than him. Bull Dempsey was the less talented and less over guy in a loving Baron Corbin feud.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kinda crazy to remember how into the counting gimmick for Corbin matches people were, and the very first time he had a match that went more than 10 seconds everybody in the audience started booing angrily.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Bull Dempsey was almost successful as the ersatz Samoa Joe NXT made him because they couldn't get the real thing, and then the moment they actually signed Joe they just took the biggest, least necessary poo poo in the world on Dempsey with the "I'm fat and I suck" gimmick and I'm pretty sure they had Joe squash him like three or four times in a row on his way out of the company just to make sure nobody missed the point.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Maybe Cass is taking the post-fired 3MB era Jinder Mahal diet of alcohol topped with alcohol with a side of alcohol

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CarlCX posted:

Bull Dempsey was almost successful as the ersatz Samoa Joe NXT made him because they couldn't get the real thing, and then the moment they actually signed Joe they just took the biggest, least necessary poo poo in the world on Dempsey with the "I'm fat and I suck" gimmick and I'm pretty sure they had Joe squash him like three or four times in a row on his way out of the company just to make sure nobody missed the point.

Hey, he was also ripping off Eddie Kingston.

But yeah it was so weird seeing him go from being pushed as squashing people, to them having him be too fat to run for 10 seconds in a short matter of months.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Apropos of nothing other than he started in NXT at around that same time, I have remembered No Way Jose exists. When and where was he last seen?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

pressedbunny posted:

Apropos of nothing other than he started in NXT at around that same time, I have remembered No Way Jose exists. When and where was he last seen?

How could you forget his revolutionary feud with Mojo Rawley on raw?!?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pressedbunny posted:

On Raw, squashed by Mojo in July http://profightdb.com/wrestlers/no-way-jose-11377.html Been on Main Event ever since

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Meanwhile, Mojo has gone from strength to strength as he.... uhhhh....?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

Cass Is Awesome

lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Wow TK O’Ryan got fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010