Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zil posted:

That or it has a hole for his actual top knot to be pulled through

That's plainly yarn, and you're kidding yourself if you think that man is anything but balding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

That's plainly yarn, and you're kidding yourself if you think that man is anything but balding.

True.

Though I am not sure which one is worse, balding man wearing a fake top knot or a baseball cap with a specific cutout for a top knot.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
PFC Whitebread: "well you see sir, I need a haircut waiver because traditionally the Chonmage was used by Samurai warriors to keep their helmets from falling off."

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pirate Radar posted:

I vaguely remember there is at least one storyline where the Punisher kills corrupt cops but he has to go out of his way to be sure and then goes and gets evidence of their corruption and mails it to the department and the newspapers so people know he hasn’t gone off the rails

remember when that la cop did that? how did that turn out for him.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

C.M. Kruger posted:

I like CountyComm for EDC poo poo because they've got more offbeat things that are limited production runs or overstock from government contracts. Like bricks of glow-in-the-dark plastic, miniature keychain lighters, prybars off EOD robots, and giant stainless steel skulls.
https://countycomm.com/

Anyways:
https://twitter.com/Bibliobabble/status/1020769297944150016

This is one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

snergle posted:

remember when that la cop did that? how did that turn out for him.

Since it’s a comic book instead of real life it works

Pirate Radar has a new favorite as of 05:14 on Jul 28, 2018

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Farm N' Fleet may have useful stuff sometimes but its still a hellscape of redneckery which apparently includes Tactical Floor Mats for your ve-hicle.
Because OF COURSE they make chris kyle floor mats and poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The little crack in the skull means Disney can't sue them.

Anyone who laud Kyle is a fuckass. Even if he was actually a skilled Sniper, the man thought cooking up a story about killing black people during Katrina for fun was what his book needed. I mean, his audiance would eat that poo poo up, but anyone who has half a brain and a third of a heart would see that as incredibly evil.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/BlutoTweets/sta...D903%23lastpost

It looks like he just strapped all his belts and suspenders from his surplus box onto his torso.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

chitoryu12 posted:

It looks like he just strapped all his belts and suspenders from his surplus box onto his torso.

That guy was from the Unite the Right march on the weekend isn't he?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Those assholes really do just cargo cult anything they perceive as "manly." One day, they're going to get the idea that being shot is manly and solve a lot of problems for us.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Looks like Flectarn pants (German army) with the combat belt to match and two ammo pouches with the another one being off-colored for some reason. They cost next to nothing and are relatively well-built surplus army gear.

(I swear I am not a crazy person, they just market that poo poo up here for the people in the reserve corps, even if our army does not actually use flectarn, or the German infantry spare parts in general. )

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Der Kyhe posted:

Looks like Flectarn pants (German army) with the combat belt to match and two ammo pouches with the another one being off-colored for some reason. They cost next to nothing and are relatively well-built surplus army gear.

(I swear I am not a crazy person, they just market that poo poo up here for the people in the reserve corps, even if our army does not actually use flectarn, or the German infantry spare parts in general. )

Yeah, I'm familiar with all of it. He just put his belt on his chest like a bandoleer for some reason and has a bunch of what look like H-suspender straps all askew on it. It's like he turned 90s German surplus into bondage gear.

Which is probably exactly what Germans would want, anyway.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, I'm familiar with all of it. He just put his belt on his chest like a bandoleer for some reason and has a bunch of what look like H-suspender straps all askew on it. It's like he turned 90s German surplus into bondage gear.

Which is probably exactly what Germans would want, anyway.

German with a BDSM preference, why I never... :D

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Reviving this thread + reload chat with what is probably one of the dumbest ideas anime ever had.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIOxsYDHWGc

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

PubicMice posted:

Reviving this thread + reload chat with what is probably one of the dumbest ideas anime ever had.

They didn't even have that idea, they completely copied that from Equilibrium!

Though the tit reload was a nice tough. Tactical titties.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

PubicMice posted:

the gently caress is wrong with their faces

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Screaming Idiot posted:

They drew the faces after the titties and there just wasn't enough time left.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Screaming Idiot posted:

Anime.

I'm reminded of that one joke reload from one of the Battleground games I think? Of the player character spinning the revolver then flicking a bullet into each chamber at the same time before flicking the last bullet around themselves. It was brilliantly stupid.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I stumbled into the EDC/pocketdump community on Instagram because I've been looking for leatherwork project ideas and oh boy is it weird.
Three things that you apparently must have:
1. A tiny prybar
2. A small tactical flashlight
3. A tactical bead
Also extremely common are knuckle dusters, a minimum of two knives, and some kind of gladiator helmet design

Tactical forceps!

Knuckle duster mustache comb!

Beads

I'll post more from Reddit later but lol it took this guy a year to figure out to carry a wallet, knife, vape, chapstick, and tactical bottle opener.

The bead thing is just puzzling to me. It's just a manchild version of teenagers hanging plushy keychains off everything.

And the flashlights. What caveman isn't carrying a phone with a light on it these days? Or is every edc enthusiast a computer toucher who spends their days poking around in server racks? Actually that might explain all the tiny prybars too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
What the gently caress is a combat bead? Like you, what, throw it at a guy?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

nah it's for butt stuff

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't see a single flask

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't see a single flask

Thats why you get a wallet flask

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

On second thought, maybe the beads on lanyards are so you can distinguish your third knife from your 5mm hex wrench/screwdriver/bottle opener by feel in your cargo shorts pocket full of angular metal poo poo.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Oops, I left this one out of my post:

Most of the knuckle dusters are similar to that one. The steampunk patina on everything is hilarious too.

Fuckin tactical pens: why over-engineer the poo poo out of something and put a weak-rear end scrub-tier ballpoint filler in it? How have these goobers not glommed on to tactical fountain pens?

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 02:27 on Nov 11, 2018

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I'm the tactical sounding rod with a leather holster.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Oops, I left this one out of my post:

Most of the knuckle dusters are similar to that one. The steampunk patina on everything is hilarious too.

Fuckin tactical pens: why over-engineer the poo poo out of something and put a weak-rear end scrub-tier ballpoint filler in it? How have these goobers not glommed on to tactical fountain pens?

What's second thing from the left? Thing to the right is a flashlight, I guess?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I'm the tactical sounding rod with a leather holster.

:eyepop:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's second thing from the left? Thing to the right is a flashlight, I guess?

The knuckleduster.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
And I thought I was weird for carrying a pocketknife with one blade and a wristwatch with a slide rule on the bezel.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Won't the combat bead bullshit get in the way if you actually try to use the knife or whatever?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
All these people bragging and none of them carry a combat wombat.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

I always forget about these videos until something suddenly reminds me, and then it's a scramble to remember the name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCEfu471oS8

Well since somebody brought this thread back I would like to point out that that man's name is grandmaster Bateman.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Tactical forceps!

Why the tweezers? Does their unibrow grow that quickly that they need to pluck on the go?

I always thought one of the most convenient parts of being a man was that you didn't have to carry a bunch of poo poo around with you wherever you went. At this point you might as well have a purse to tote around all your accessories.

edit- Tactical purse. : https://www.hazard4.com/bags/grayman-kato.html

Ralph Crammed In has a new favorite as of 11:15 on Nov 11, 2018

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

You wait til you see how much some of those beads can cost...

I have some sympathy for the EDC stuff, I mean I like to carry some stuff around so I know I can deal with things. Tiny knife (I'm in the UK, so it has to be tiny) and a little multitool. But some of that stuff is bizarre. It's a bit cargo cult. You have to have a pen, a 'tactical' one at that. You have to have a little notebook, to... I don't know. Shopping lists? And the tweezers. When was the last time you needed tweezers? Sometimes you see a pair of tweezers in their own little holster. Why?

Friend of mine works at a jewelers and we're planning to make some beads to fleece EDC people. They're like nerds, big disposable income, it seems.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So

quote:

Fittingly named the MOAB Bead after the GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast, or commonly known as the “Mother of All Bombs”, the bold and burly MOAB Bead takes no prisoners and cedes no ground. It is truly the "Mother of All Beads."

Machined from a stunning array of materials ranging from lightweight titanium to solid bronze, copper, and zirconium, each bead is hand-finished individually to ensure the highest level of quality. In addition, the MOAB Bead is designed to be threaded together so you can mix and match the parts. This allows for endless customization (if you’ve got more than 1 set) to truly personalize your gear and flaunt your individuality.

Attach the MOAB Bead to your favorite knife and tool for extra functionality and improved grip and handling, while adding flair and personality to distinguish yourself from the crowd. It’s time to blow the roof off with this brazenly bold and beautifully crafted “Mother of All Beads.”

I still have no idea what these things actually do.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

So

My guess is absolutely nothing.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Tacticool charm bracelet.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Moon Monster posted:

So

Jewellery for men too insecure to just wear necklaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Roblo posted:

I have some sympathy for the EDC stuff, I mean I like to carry some stuff around so I know I can deal with things. Tiny knife (I'm in the UK, so it has to be tiny) and a little multitool. But some of that stuff is bizarre. It's a bit cargo cult. You have to have a pen, a 'tactical' one at that. You have to have a little notebook, to... I don't know. Shopping lists? And the tweezers. When was the last time you needed tweezers? Sometimes you see a pair of tweezers in their own little holster. Why?
I definitely understand carrying the stuff, a lot of it is useful and truly something worth carrying every day because you use it. I've always got some kind of pocket knife (not tactical or defense) or little multitool on me depending on what I'm doing. I use a notebook a lot, a pen, a handkerchief, sometimes a comb, always a phone. But the community aspect of it and the idea that having your pen, knives, and flashlight all match makes you a stylish modern gentleman is goofy as gently caress.

quote:

Friend of mine works at a jewelers and we're planning to make some beads to fleece EDC people. They're like nerds, big disposable income, it seems.
This is awesome and you should do it. If I had a cnc machine I'd totally be making whatever the hyper specific tool of the month is to sell these guys.

• Locked thread