Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SerialKilldeer posted:

Dirt-poor medieval pheasants totally slept in canopy beds, right?

That's a canard. :honked:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

I noticed the typo after posting but decided it'd be funnier to let it stand...

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
That's so ridiculously wrong that even a cursory Google will pull up pages of results on how wrong it is. The most correct thing is "tomatoes were considered poisonous" and that's because they are related to the deadly nightshade etc (and most of the non-fruit parts of the tomato aren't actually good for you).

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Edit: nvm actually read the link.

Yngwie Mangosteen has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Nov 9, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

That's so ridiculously wrong that even a cursory Google will pull up pages of results on how wrong it is. The most correct thing is "tomatoes were considered poisonous" and that's because they are related to the deadly nightshade etc (and most of the non-fruit parts of the tomato aren't actually good for you).

Is there any truth to the thing about lead poisoning? I read that in another place too and it doesn't feel like you'd leach enough lead out of the tin to cause acute symptoms.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Nov 9, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We at LittleThings care about accuracy. Learn more about our standards and ethics policy here, and report factual errors to corrections@littlethings.com.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Thankfully the court has a record of a person's voting history.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
For all this voter fraud, the democrats sure haven’t managed to win many elections in the last 12 years.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

For all this voter fraud, the democrats sure haven’t managed to win many elections in the last 12 years.

Much like campaigning, the dems are terrible at voter fraud.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

And Republican poll workers sure are bad at catching in-person voter fraud.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

:umberto:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"We should alert the government about this!"

"No, that won't work until you create a fake advocacy group on Facebook with 4 people!"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

ilmucche posted:

Much like campaigning, the dems are terrible at voter fraud.

This is plausible

Edit: Or they could do it to make the elections seem closer

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Man that stuff just pisses me off with how stupid and masturbatory it is.

Like, I'm a left-leaning gay jew of poor character. I would shamelessly impersonate dead people at the polls or get bussed in to fake a protest or crisis act for a fake gun-grabber shooting for those sweet, sweet Soros bucks, or just the advancement of my agenda. I WISH that world was real.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Man that stuff just pisses me off with how stupid and masturbatory it is.

Like, I'm a left-leaning gay jew of poor character. I would shamelessly impersonate dead people at the polls or get bussed in to fake a protest or crisis act for a fake gun-grabber shooting for those sweet, sweet Soros bucks, or just the advancement of my agenda. I WISH that world was real.

yeah, I've been waiting for years for the UN agenda 21 one world government to recruit me

honestly I'd do the work for free

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Dr. Clockwork posted:

As someone who is genuinely interested in etymology, this article is a pile of folksy bullshit that made me mad.

https://www.littlethings.com/customs-from-a-simpler-time-vas/3?fbclid=IwAR3qNTC5zAxLz4vmdWMHvbispSKCH7WnQaSKlZlwyhaWHiM8w9L8CZpYsOY

Illustrating a Facebook share about 16th century life with 1930s Dust Bowl pictures, why not

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

"We should alert the government about this!"

"No, that won't work until you create a fake advocacy group on Facebook with 4 people!"

NO YOU FOOL DEEP STATE DEEP STATE DEEEEEEEP SSTAAAAAAAAAAATE

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quote:

“Houses had thatched roofs with thick straw-piled high and no wood underneath. It was the only place for animals to get warm, so all the cats and other small animals (mice, bugs) lived in the roof.

When it rained, it became slippery and sometimes the animals would slip and fall off the roof. Hence the saying, ‘It’s raining cats and dogs.’

Imagine being stupid enough to not understand how roofs work.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Imagine being stupid enough to not understand how roofs work.

That was so stupid it took me three reads to parse how stupid it was.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

How would they know that the votes were all for Democrats? Aren't all ballots secret? People don't think this poo poo through

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Their reality requires millions of fraudulent d votes. Actual reality no longer matters. Alternative facts, yo.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
"I dunno. Personally, I didn't take offence to the comment. It is indeed a stereotype, but Americans generally have made for oblivious tourists (less so as time progresses and the world shrinks).

You even see this here in the US. When I visited the site of the Battle of Little Big Horn (pretty sure I mentioned this over in the 2nd Trump Dump) in SE Montana, there was a young family there with little boys running around the Indian operated visitors center playing cowboys and indians, whooping and hollering, saying "how" and "heep big peace pipe". It was pretty cringey. Their Dad could easily have steered their behavior away from it, but instead he found it all hilarious "get them injuns Danny!". The indians running the visitor center found it less than hilarious.

To be fair, I've seen it in other nationalities too. Japanese tourists tend to swarm places when they visit places like the Grand Canyon. I overheard a conversation there between a Japanese camera-festooned tourist and an indian souvenir seller with the Japanese guy intent on finding "wampum" and his pronunciation of the word completely confounded the indian."

A pleasant reminder of why SA is, somehow, the bestest forum.

Dunno which is more stdh, the swarming japanese tourists wanting wampum or the modern children knowing about peace pipes and playing cowboys and indians.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 00:28 on Nov 15, 2018

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

It's true that it's a sidequest, because despite how strange it is, it is ultimately not very important to most people.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

TheMostFrench posted:

It's true that it's a sidequest, because despite how strange it is, it is ultimately not very important to most people.

Also it was written by a hack writer and specifically designed to waste someone's time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Giving someone an antique cello for doing some juggling seems like a bad trade on their part.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

oldpainless posted:

Giving someone an antique cello for doing some juggling seems like a bad trade on their part.

More like oldcellist

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

And that girlfriend was Albert Einstein

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I read the reply as "your life is the loving stupidest" at first and thought "yup, I agree."

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Turns out the barter economy is stupid as gently caress and we invented money for a reason.

E:

A women. A multiple women.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
on my way to buy a set of thongs brb.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I find that one both more believable and more relatable if you imagine them both with heavy Australian accents talking about flipflops, which are called thongs in Australia

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bike tory posted:

I find that one both more believable and more relatable if you imagine them both with heavy Australian accents talking about flipflops, which are called thongs in Australia

That just makes him someone into feet instead of butts.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

oldpainless posted:

A decent antique cello is like $15,000, old ones generally cost a lot more

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Imagine someone saying "jokingly" where they were going

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
Me and a women walk into an
elevator
The women says "What floor do you
need to go to?" since she was the
closest to elevator buttons
The LiNGerie depARTment?" I said
jokingly. My voice cracked.
"oh..."
my eyes widened
quickly regaining my composure, l
looked back at her, breathed heavily and started sweating.
The women looked concerned. "Are... you ok?"
and that's how I got banned from the department store.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

and then i woke up and my tummy was all gooey!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1063500716814319621

I'm remembering how much the cheap vodka we'd get as a teenager would burn my mouth.