Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Approximations of Heroism is the name of my Creed cover band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Nothing is real (except God's love), everything is permitted (with His blessing)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
True Blood is way better than GoT has ever been tv-wise

The books are hilariously bad

TERFherder
Apr 26, 2010

уôðр ò шúурþòі úуûьúø

quote:

Martin has charts to help him keep track of his vast cast, and “lots of pieces of paper with scribbling all over them”, as well as “Elio and Linda off in Sweden if I forget what colour anyone’s eyes are”.

I get the vibe those two are reeeeaaaaaly into tracking skin and eye color. You know, just making sure the bloodlines stay pure and all. in the books. for consistency.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TERFherder posted:

I get the vibe those two are reeeeaaaaaly into tracking skin and eye color. You know, just making sure the bloodlines stay pure and all. in the books. for consistency.

*slowly circles "black of hair."

TERFherder
Apr 26, 2010

уôðр ò шúурþòі úуûьúø

Solice Kirsk posted:

*slowly circles "black of hair."

Camera pans around the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3tWqEZG7TE

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

is it out yet

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Smiling Jack posted:

is it out yet
It came out on Tuesday.

TERFherder
Apr 26, 2010

уôðр ò шúурþòі úуûьúø

https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Holdem-Wild-Cards-novel/product-reviews/0765390590/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.

syscall girl posted:

the one thing we can all agree on is that we wouldn't be posting itt unless we had impeccable taste

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

'I've been struggling with it': George RR Martin on The Winds of Winter

quote:

“The Winds of Winter is next, then I’ll decide what comes after that – whether it’s to go on to A Dream of Spring, the last one, or whether I switch back into Fire and Blood II, do another Dunk and Egg story or two. But I’ll worry about that one thing at a time – that’s too far ahead.”

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Just give us the Dunk and Egg story at Winterfell, George, for gently caress’s sake.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
5 months from today it won't matter because the show premiers and GRRM can quit pretending he's writing.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

So you're saying that in five months, the Gurm will sexually release the final three books to coincide with the tv show?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

5 months from today it won't matter because the show premiers and GRRM can quit pretending he's writing.

at this point i don't want him to put the football away

for those who still dream of spring, georgie

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Five months to go and we can all finally get off Mr. Martin's Mild Ride. Well, everyone except George. He's doomed to the Dutchman forever...

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
He's got one wish left on that monkey paw, I hope he makes the right one.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Woodpile posted:

He's got one wish left on that monkey paw, I hope he makes the right one.

The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

(That's bad)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trivia posted:

(That's bad)

Can I go now?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He's been struggling with how to keep saying he's working on Winds without bursting into high pitched annoying laughter

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
"winds of winter is next" implies that he has not done any work on it

:thunk:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
it was the only book he was possibly considering thinking about writing

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I mean, I procrastinate on assignments and projects all the time and think 'hey, this other idea is pretty cool and oh look RDR2 came out,' but eventually, eventually... I get my work done, even in a stressed rush, because I would like to continue to have a living.

Being an artist that doesn't have to worry about satisfying anyone besides your own (withering, decaying husk of a) sense of accomplishment kind of takes the art out of things.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

"Strict instructions are issued before interviewing George RR Martin: do not ask about The Winds of Winter, the sixth book in his A Song of Ice and Fire series, the one fans keep haranguing him about and Martin has been writing since 2011. Focus on Fire and Blood, his imagined history of the Targaryen dynasty, and all will be well. "

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

Just give us the Dunk and Egg story at Winterfell, George, for gently caress’s sake.

You know what, if he just wrote that one story I'd be "Ok. Fair enough George. We'll call it a draw. You just procastinate forever and I'll just watch whatever dumb ending the TV show eventually goes with." I just really want that one story.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It’s like that anecdote from the dev team working on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. They brought in George Lucas himself to consult on the game and he was preceded into the room by some weird handler who told everyone in attendance poo poo like “Don’t talk about the Prequels in front of George” and “Don’t tell George how you think the Force works” or he’d have them all shipped to Antarctica in their undies or something.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Literally every question I could formulate under those rules would revolve around Winds.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

It’s like that anecdote from the dev team working on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. They brought in George Lucas himself to consult on the game and he was preceded into the room by some weird handler who told everyone in attendance poo poo like “Don’t talk about the Prequels in front of George” and “Don’t tell George how you think the Force works” or he’d have them all shipped to Antarctica in their undies or something.

Wasn't this also the meeting where he offered Darth Icky and Darth Insanius as names for the main character with total sincerity?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kavak posted:

Wasn't this also the meeting where he offered Darth Icky and Darth Insanius as names for the main character with total sincerity?

It was.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Alright, just finished RPDR5. I could not be happier with that result.

RPDR6: oh poo poo, this is the one with Ben de la Creme! :allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Alright, just finished RPDR5. I could not be happier with that result.

RPDR6: oh poo poo, this is the one with Ben de la Creme! :allears:

Jinkx is my fave winner, hands down. Though 2 and 4 are my fave seasons.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Both me and my wife watched an entire season before realizing that "Sharon Needles" was a pun name.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Both me and my wife watched an entire season before realizing that "Sharon Needles" was a pun name.

She is also the best

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

precision posted:

She is also the best

i adore most of what she does and she was a big inspiration to me when i was transitioning but she has issues with pushing too far with edgy humor and refusing to own her fuckups. like the multiple appearances in confederate flag outfits or the time she signed her autograph with the n word in it.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

quote:

there are days when I sit down in the morning with my cup of coffee, I fall through the page and I wake up and it’s dark outside and my coffee is still next to me, it’s ice cold and I’ve just spent the day in Westeros

I assume this isn’t some turn of phrase and he literally falls asleep whenever he tries to write.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Endless and endless descriptions of tummies and food. The man is a workaholic.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Tummies and neeps and nuncles, out alone on the cold, barren desert plain. A plain a feller could lose hisself in, if he were to sit a spell out in the arroyos and just gaze heavenward at alla stark creation, and

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
That description made me think of King's baby talk

there's a thinny* between the threads or something

*also describes GRRM's manuscript

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, King enough I had originally wrote the following post.

quote:

"Ayuh," he said, leaving half-moons in his palms beneath the orange glow of the arc-sodiums.