Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

FUJOSHI! Dirty Rotten Shippers! is the working title for the hot new prototype by Meltwater designer and raving malcontent Erin Lee Escobedo, aka yr gal pal Gutter Owl!

FUJOSHI! is a romance and matchmaking card game for 2-4 players. You and your most romance-addled rivals conspire to make seven attractive anime boys (or even g...girls!?) kiss each other for fun and pervertprofit!

At the start of the game, players pick the relationships they want to bet on, then spend their turns scouting, convincing, and cajoling the NPC protagonists to fall for the right partner. Successful pairings score points, and rare pairs score a bonus!

Weird theme aside, this is a middleweight card game that should provide a nice crunchy experience, drawing from inspirations like Argent and Pax Renaissance. You could even call it a dutch-auction based tableau builder, except the tableaus you're building are all neutral NPCS in the middle of the board, and you're trying to bet on which tableaus will synergize the best.

But that's boring, and you're boring, and it's time to kiss the animes.

The latest playtest version of the rules can be found here, and the playtest cards can be found here.

For our maiden voyage, we'll be sending SoftNum, Pseudo, Stelas, and Tekopo into the hot hot boy trenches to duke it out in the name of love. Comments and jeers from the peanut gallery are welcome, of course. Make sure to remind the players that they're wrong and their ships are wrong at every possible opportunity.

Of course, before we can begin, we need a couple votes from our players. Fujos, please report in with your choices:
  • Are we playing Standard Monogamy, Soft Triangles, or full Polyamory?
  • Are we playing with the Yandere variant?
  • Are you ready to go beyond, or were you born to make history?

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Reserved.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Entirely vanilla much like my taste in Japanese cartoons.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Same as Pseudo :v:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Standard rules and I was born to write fanficmake history

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
I can’t wait for the Christian boardgamers review.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I am hella watching this.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

standard rules please.

I make history every day.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Peanut gallery checking in

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

filthy fujos :argh:

(yes I'm going to watch this why do you ask)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:munch:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
This seems totally hilarious aka something I need to see

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Sorry for the delay, fujos! Busy day, and had to rejigger some back end stuff. Let's get rolling.

(If you're having trouble reading the cards, you can rightclick and Open Image in New Tab for a better look.)

No gifts in the opening flop, so no coins on Rumors to start. Player order is SoftNum > Pseudo > Stelas > Tekopo.

We start with the Secrets and Betting Phase. In player order, please announce which desire card you're peeking at (e.g. Red Outermost). I'll secretly PM you which card you saw, and then you'll secretly PM back with your three Act 1 ships in ranked order.

Once everyone's done that, we'll start the buying rounds with SoftNum and our boy Red!

SoftNum, which card will you peek at?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I'ma peek at Blue Outer plz.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Violet Outer for me.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

By CO, Stelas peeks at Indigo outer. Tek is up.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Green Outer please!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Card peeks sent! As soon as I get back everyone's shipping charts, we'll get started with turns proper.

Remember to rank your ships: your #1 ship will be worth 3VP this round, #2 worth 2VP, and #3 worth 1VP. You can include the same character in multiple ships to hedge your bets, but you can't list the same pairing multiple times.

(Also, forgot to mention: Because of turn order, SoftNum and Pseudo will start with ¥500, while Stelas and Tek will have ¥600.)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Silly question - any chance the colours can be written on the image above cards? I found myself a bit confused between blue and indigo for a bit and it might be nice to be explicit about colours.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Stelas posted:

Silly question - any chance the colours can be written on the image above cards? I found myself a bit confused between blue and indigo for a bit and it might be nice to be explicit about colours.

It's written under their desires.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

oh god I am dumb (sorry)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

It's cool, might mean it's not obvious enough.

(Rightclick and Open Image in New Tab for a better look.)

SoftNum ¥500 :h:
Pseudo ¥500
Stelas ¥600
Tekopo ¥600

Everyone's chosen, so SoftNum, you're up!

a) Would you like to pay to move the focus marker (¥100 per move), and
b) Will you Purchase a Card, Start Rumors, or Pass?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

It's cool, might mean it's not obvious enough.

I think it's hard to see because it doesn't create a lot of contrast, and it's also in a somewhat discreet spot for something like the name of the card.

I'm going to hedge my ships, and not move the marker for now, and just buy the closest "take 2 money" card.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

In my case it's because I was phoneposting at the time so the image was pretty small.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum asks Red to spot them a few extra bucks for a BL zine, and he's happy to lend a little to a friend. And her friends. And wow where did his wallet go. But at least he looks like a real mensch in front of the lads.

SoftNum ¥600
Pseudo ¥600 :h:
Stelas ¥700
Tekopo ¥700

So that's where those gifts got off to. Pseudo, what's your poison?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

I buy the bottom-left Athletics Card for $100. Blue goes on a run and gets a little more swole and goes a little (one space) to the right.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum ¥600
Pseudo ¥500
Stelas ¥700 :h:
Tekopo ¥700

Poor Yellow. Maybe next time, lil buddy.

Stelas, you're up and the focus is on Indigo.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Precious Coin by fjs_stelas for indigo_book
Fujoshi!! Dirty Rotten Shitposters | 腐女子!! DQN 2ch
Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings, Romance, Indigo Card | Ai Toranpukādo, Bottom Left, i'd bottom left too ngl

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Stelas posted:

Precious Coin by fjs_stelas for indigo_book
Fujoshi!! Dirty Rotten Shitposters | 腐女子!! DQN 2ch
Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings, Romance, Indigo Card | Ai Toranpukādo, Bottom Left, i'd bottom left too ngl

...ok i get the ao3 joke, but i'm now 100% confused by what your actual move is. I think you're saying "Pay ¥100 to give the bottom left kindness card to Indigo?"

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I bet you're all just from fanfiction.net you philistines

(Sorry, yes, that's my move.)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum ¥700
Pseudo ¥600
Stelas ¥800
Tekopo ¥800 :h:

Stelas continues the early wealth sharing, proving that Gutter Owl can't stop making games about communism.

(i forgot the part of my own game where the kindness cards take from the rumor card. so we've had a little extra in that untapped kitty the past couple turns. no harm no foul tho.)

Tekopo, you're up!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

One question: If I get one of the jobs on the top row and it says to get a gift, the only choice I have is the bouquet of lillies, and I'm assuming I don't have to put coins down on all preceding spaces, I can just buy it outright?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Also GO (I couldn't find this in the rules so if it's there forgive me) When moving a character adjacent to another, are you required to make the minimum number of moves to fulfill the condition (i.e. adjacent but still on the same side), or can you move them to be on the opposite side?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Tekopo posted:

One question: If I get one of the jobs on the top row and it says to get a gift, the only choice I have is the bouquet of lillies, and I'm assuming I don't have to put coins down on all preceding spaces, I can just buy it outright?

Incorrect. You pay the full cost. (And the job's benefit only reduces the pricetag-cost, not the putting-down-coins cost.) I think getting a double action is already benefit enough? Getting the gift is optional though.

SoftNum posted:

Also GO (I couldn't find this in the rules so if it's there forgive me) When moving a character adjacent to another, are you required to make the minimum number of moves to fulfill the condition (i.e. adjacent but still on the same side), or can you move them to be on the opposite side?

You can choose either side.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Still waiting on Tekopo.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Spend to move the focus and then get the Part Time Job: Cosplay Cafe, buy no gift.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Tekopo posted:

Spend to move the focus and then get the Part Time Job: Cosplay Cafe, buy no gift.

I imagine you mean spending one to move onto green? (You could spend more to move focus further.)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Gutter Owl posted:

I imagine you mean spending one to move onto green? (You could spend more to move focus further.)
Yep, just one to move onto green.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Green is very popular. He also envies the dead. (However, it does teach him how to get his contouring game on point.)

SoftNum ¥700 :h:
Pseudo ¥600
Stelas ¥800
Tekopo ¥600

SoftNum is up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

buy Study Together for Violet. Move between cyan and Yellow.

• Locked thread