Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Veryslightlymad posted:

None of those are good choices, knowing they'll enter at 30 in the rumble.

They're not gonna have Asuka win two rumbles in a row, and entering at 30 and then losing is just gross. Flipside is her partner is Miz, and hasn't Miz been a rumble mainstay for like, a decade? I want to say that he eats like, 6 finishers every year.

Charlotte/AJ feels like it can't go that far, either, unless they put the WWE title on someone else before then. Charlotte winning the rumble seems like the most likely result, right now, and having her at 30 would certainly make this easier, but why would AJ even be in the Rumble at all, at this point?

Strowman/Moon both would just get geeked out if they came in at 30, and that's completely unnecessary.

Actually, James/Lashley might be the best choice. Both could come out looking like credible threats at this position, James because she's honestly really loving good and can make her opponent look good, and Lashley because he looks impressive but doesn't have the stamina to be a credible rumble threat unless he comes out at like, 29 or 30 anyhow. On the other hand, wasn't either Lashley or James a last minute replacement for someone else? Feels weird to have a replacement win the thing, but maybe they honestly didn't know who they wanted to win, coming in early.

Honestly, you could easily have Asuka enter at #30 and get tossed without it looking gross. If Becky is still on her delusional I AM THE MAN egotrip at that point, you could have her interfere and cost Asuka the Rumble, setting up a Wrestlemania program.

And Mickie James is the eater of pins (and is pretty much cemented as a low card heel now), and Vince will likely get tired of Bobby Lashley within the next month or so anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DarkstarIV posted:

Vince apparently had nothing to do with Evolution (Stephanie and Triple H did), and apparently he's pretty much hands off with the MMC as well.

Didn't it come out the other day that Vince was running Evolution?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Davros1 posted:

He was only observing the event apparently. Triple H and Stephanie handled everything regarding the booking.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bayley and finn are already on a winning streak. you could have finn win the rumble and challenge AJ and then it doesn't matter if bayley gets tossed

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Davros1 posted:

It came out that vince ran gorilla. when asked what that means, this web site said, "I don't know" extremely loud while i was looking very hard for answers. every One pretended like they didn't even hear me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

He was only observing the event apparently. Triple H and Stephanie handled everything regarding the booking.

They want you to believe it was their idea for Becky to win that super badass Last Woman Standing match, but the truth is that Becky is too much of a badass to be denied and they were too scared to tell her no.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
They should do a thing like the G1 Climax where if the champ wins the Rumble, they get to pick their opponent for Mania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Honestly I could see Miz/Asuka winning. You could use it as a device to set up Jerusalem's (and my) dream match of Becky/Asuka at Wrestlemania, even if Asuka didn't win the Rumble. Assume the final two are Charlotte and Asuka. You could have Becky interfere and cost Asuka the match, since she knows she can beat Charlotte. Just for Charlotte to turn around and challenge Ronda, leaving Becky to deal with an angry violent Japanese woman.

It would also potentially get actual heat on Becky. Which is something WWE wants. Badly.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 13, 2018

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

DarkstarIV posted:

Honestly, you could easily have Asuka enter at #30 and get tossed without it looking gross. If Becky is still on her delusional I AM THE MAN egotrip at that point, you could have her interfere and cost Asuka the Rumble, setting up a Wrestlemania program.

And Mickie James is the eater of pins (and is pretty much cemented as a low card heel now), and Vince will likely get tired of Bobby Lashley within the next month or so anyways.

I'm working under the assumption that the #30 person is by no means going to win if it's James/Lashley, but both would be somewhat credible at this position. It's, in my view, the best booking, but in all probability, I expect it to be Strowman/Moon and for both to look really, really bad when they ultimately lose their respective rumbles. Or Asuka/The Miz, and for Asuka to lose/Miz to win.

Which of these 8 could I actually see winning their rumble?

A: Charlotte and the Miz.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1062012841308372995

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

bloodysabbath posted:

They should do a thing like the G1 Climax where if the champ wins the Rumble, they get to pick their opponent for Mania.

For everything that New Japan does right, the fact that since they added the stip that the winner challenges for the title at Wrestle Kingdom every single one has been unsuccessful is so bad.

DarkstarIV posted:

Honestly I could see Miz/Asuka winning. You could use it as a device to set up Jerusalem's (and my) dream match of Becky/Asuka at Wrestlemania, even if Asuka didn't win the Rumble. Assume the final two are Charlotte and Asuka. You could have Becky interfere and cost Asuka the match, since she knows she can beat Charlotte. Just for Charlotte to turn around and challenge Ronda, leaving Becky to deal with an angry violent Japanese woman.

It would also potentially get actual heat on Becky. Which is something WWE wants. Badly.

End result of Charlotte/Ronda and Asuka/Becky is all anyone wants. I do hope mega face Becky gets to have a great limelight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bayley and finn are already on a winning streak. you could have finn win the rumble and challenge AJ and then it doesn't matter if bayley gets tossed

That would require pushing Finn, and that is clearly impossible because Vince can't see him due to his miniscule size.

• Locked thread