Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I walked half a mile. The damaged ankle is starting to get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Squats are Monday, which means my bench day will be Wednesday or Thursday. Let's see how many at 225 I can get after my regular workout :v:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Its ON my dude

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Update: oh my gently caress. I just did 135x12 and 155x12 and then struggled through 155x6 and 135x5. This may take a while.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

AdiaBOOtic posted:

Update: oh my gently caress. I just did 135x12 and 155x12 and then struggled through 155x6 and 135x5. This may take a while.

Weak.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yo how much did you bench today? :smug:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Yo momma.

Actually nothing. I am weak too, bröthēr.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gonna drop soda entirely for November. I switched to diet years ago, but I don't need this poo poo in my life.

This is going to suck, but I expect to be miserable and occasionally drunk all month anyway so might as well get good returns.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

My dude if you drop the alcohol loving watch the pounds slide off.

My go-to right now is a big glass mug of icewater with a squirt of lime juice and its better than any soda. Use soda water and im sure its even more ballin.

E: like I've been without the alky for a mere month and that spare tire of mine is all but completely gone. poo poo works.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The maxim goes; 'don't drink your calories' and is the truest truth.

It's like 30 degrees Fahrenheit in my workshop but I have tunes on and am lifting things because I skipped days being ill with the flu.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The maxim goes; 'don't drink your calories' and is the truest truth.

It's like 30 degrees Fahrenheit in my workshop but I have tunes on and am lifting things because I skipped days being ill with the flu.

I'm pretty sure that half the weight I lose when I do low carb is from no longer drinking beer

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Skwaaaats today. It was tough. You can see my log for the rest.

Bench day is Wednesday or Thursday depending on my schedule with other stuff this week.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

AdiaBOOtic posted:

My dude if you drop the alcohol loving watch the pounds slide off.

My go-to right now is a big glass mug of icewater with a squirt of lime juice and its better than any soda. Use soda water and im sure its even more ballin.

E: like I've been without the alky for a mere month and that spare tire of mine is all but completely gone. poo poo works.

I cannot face the world entirely sober just now. I -did- quit drinking for quite a long while after I got out of the kitchen, but this year has done me in stress-wise.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

My friend brought me a bunch of beer from a brewery 5 hours away, so we stayed up a bit too late and drank a bit too much. I'm switching chest day from incline BB bench, cable fly, flat BB bench to flat bench, fly, then incline, in an attempt to hit that 10x225 flat bench.

Of course today everything but the decline bench was busy at first so I did:
Dec BB bench : 12x45, 8x135, 10x205, 10x205, 9x205, 8x205, 7x205
Fly : 12x71, 12x71, 12x71
BB bench : 10x155, 10x155, 8x155, 8x155, 7x155
then I ran out of time

Felt pretty spacey and out of it for the first half of the workout, so I was leaving a few reps on the table while benching. My decline bench is usually 20lbs higher than my flat bench, so that's effectively less weight than I was doing last week when I wasn't even full recovered from chest day. Not going win the first to 10x225 contest at this rate.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Scale dipped below 320 today :woop: I'm basically off the intermittent fasting wagon at this point but turns out counting calories still works, all shall bow down on the altar of thermodynamics.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

Skwaaaats today. It was tough. You can see my log for the rest.

Bench day is Wednesday or Thursday depending on my schedule with other stuff this week.

Well?

Did 165x10 and 175x10 randomly at home. Felt super confident in it. Gonna creep up to 225 hopefully.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I picked up a heavy weight on Sunday.

JFC I got to do more gym work. I might be cardio fit but that means jack poo poo when my max's are a LONG way below what they should be.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Adiabatic posted:

Well?

Did 165x10 and 175x10 randomly at home. Felt super confident in it. Gonna creep up to 225 hopefully.

Individuals in my life don't have their shirts together and it adversely affect my life and schedule. I'll be lifting tomorrow and I'll update ya.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I had a setback with my neck and shoulder a couple days ago, so back to physio.

Fortunately I think I've worked out what's triggering it, and that thing would be bench press.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Heading to the gym in a bit. We'll see how light 225 is...

Benching 5@155, 5@175, and 5@200 first.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

Heading to the gym in a bit. We'll see how light 225 is...

Benching 5@155, 5@175, and 5@200 first.

185x10 last night felt pretty good... Trying my hand at 195 tonight.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

Dec BB bench : 12x45, 8x135, 10x205, 10x205, 9x205, 8x205, 7x205
Fly : 12x71, 12x71, 12x71
BB bench : 10x155, 10x155, 8x155, 8x155, 7x155

Not going win the first to 10x225 contest at this rate.

My dude Im sorry for missing this but you're definitely close. LETS MAKE THIS A THREE WAY :heysexy:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Motherfucker. 5x200 was fine. I could only do 1x225. I've done more in the past, and I'm pretty pissed.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

Motherfucker. 5x200 was fine. I could only do 1x225. I've done more in the past, and I'm pretty pissed.

Weak.

Last time I tried 225 I could only do 1 as well :smith:

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Yeah, seriously my body is on some bullshit.

That's alright, I'll try again later this week (schedule permitting) and see what happens. I'll go for 225 directly instead of doing my workout first.

Real talk that weight not wanting to come up is a little scary. First time that's happened.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

My dude Im sorry for missing this but you're definitely close. LETS MAKE THIS A THREE WAY :heysexy:

I'm not sure how fast I can add 40lbs to my 10rm, but I'm shooting for it. Tomorrow is chest day again so I'm hoping to have the flat bench free instead of the decline.

I did back + biceps day on Saturday, four sets of pullups, four sets of pulldowns, then four sets of machine rows, followed by six sets of db hammer curls then six sets of bb curls. Felt fine after, just a little tired, but then I came home and mowed the lawn, then some extra yard work with the string trimmer and leaf blower. Everything still felt fine, then I decided to cut my nails and got horrible bicep cramps. They were bad enough I could only finish cutting my nails by leaving my hands down near crotch level, any attempt to raise them even to belly level resulted in incredibly painful cramps with a side of spasms. Took a shower and had a similar experience trying to shave.

I then got tacos and went to a beer tasting, which seemed to help, so I think the answer was my body needed carnitas to fully heal.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Did some shoulder exercises using the women's weights (below 10 pounds they're rainbow colored :3:). Shoulder is feeling better after going only a couple times, so hopefully I'll be back to being able to do stuff in the next couple months. Clavicle is about 50-60% healed says the doc.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The only flat barbell bench was in use by an old guy forever this morning, so I had to resort to the decline bench again. I hate ending with incline bench but it was the only thing open, it's non-adjustable with a steep angle so I always do way less weight with it than I do on the flat bench. Ended up doing:

Dec BB bench : warmup, 12x215, 10x215, 9x215, 8x215, 7x215
Cable fly - 5 sets
Inc BB bench : 11x125, 10x125, 8x125, 7x125, 7x125
then 5 sets of cable upright rows and 2 sets of machine rows.

12x215 felt pretty easy, pretty sure I'll have no trouble with 10x225 next time, but my decline bench is ~20lbs higher than my flat bench. After next week I'm taking a deload week, I don't realistically see me hitting 10x225 flat bench until mid-December at the earliest (and that may be aggressive).

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

I don't realistically see me hitting 10x225 flat bench until mid-December at the earliest (and that may be aggressive).

Hell, same

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Why flat?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

185x10 and 195x10 tonight! Last 195 had a pause but first 8 or so were solid.

e: 205x9

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 9, 2018

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Deadlifts tonight. I love deadlifts and now I'm able to pull decent weight without straps....and as I'm typing this I realize I'm basically pulling my bodyweight - Did 5x330 and I'm 343ish. Also squatted 5x225, 260, and 295.

If things go as planned (and they drat well better), I'll be doing OHP and benching on Saturday and I'll give 225 a run for its money.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Okay, nearly no one in the gym, no stress and no rush. I got 2x3@225, then 1@225. The rest will be in my log later; I am sitting on the end of the bench writing this :v:

I suppose if I hit a set of ten I'll have to have a video or something as proof?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Hell yeah you'll have to have a video, and it better be calling me weak and small

In other news I need to take a breather from bench, as this:

Adiabatic posted:

185x10 and 195x10 tonight! Last 195 had a pause but first 8 or so were solid.

e: 205x9

caused some pretty significant bruising between my biceps and shoulders.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

lmao welp

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Tear or bruise? :ohdear:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Jesus, I've never even heard of that happening from lifting. :stare:

Doc tet, is he going to live?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

Tear or bruise? :ohdear:

Deffo just a bruise. I have the same thing on the other side and every attachment point is screaming just as much as that area. I'll be fine! You better believe I'm using this time to do some low weight high rep bench :D

e: 135x15 just to test the waters... no hurty hurty.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 13, 2018

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Keep an eye on it. No use tearing up your shoulders for an internet challenge. Granted, I tore mine and had no outward signs of it, but still.

You dropped a barbell on yourself, didn't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

You dropped a barbell on yourself, didn't you?

Man I wish it were that simple and stupid.

So after that 205x9 I was feeling a burning line on my left side from the center of my bicep through that bruise and ending front of my shoulder. This morning after that 135x15 same line is hot. I must've pulled something. Gonna skip chest day for a week or so and let it heal, I guess.

QuarkMartial posted:

No use tearing up your shoulders for an internet challenge.

DONT TELL ME HOW TO LIVE