Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Not that I won't absolutely play the hell out of it but are they allergic to new assets or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Could be they're in the hole with the other dlc not selling enough so they need a new product that won't cost much.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'll be excited if it means all rats and no frats

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
I'd love this to include engines of war and wizard's tower, but it'll probably be black powder and well watch

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

10bux seems like a lot for 3 old maps, too.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Been doing non stop legend on the beta build its surprisingly easy but i think improved NB is really helping. We usually ran 2 dedicated NB users with the other 2 being wild cards and 1 medic.

Been running mostly ranger bardin and its pretty challenging because i have to make definite trade offs for all weapon choices. I've been running warpick/handgun and its a happy medium esp when i have 35% heal dupe chance and the entire team is swimming in bombs. I was forced to play the elf tonight and loving hell--glaive is so loving OP, oh no a horde? light attack spam, oh is there an armored unit in the horde? Don't worry light attack staggers everything besides a loving CW. Oh poo poo a CW guess i'll kill him in 3 charged attacks??? I was also using NB on the waystalker with group regen and i'd take more damage than everyone else on the team yet have the highest loving health.

I still don't know what bow to bring though, hagbane is nice for melting bosses and 2-3 will kill most specials but it lacks the definitive answer of the long bow. The longbow is nice for staggering but it still requires 2-3 body shots on gas rats which is frankly absurd. Hilariously i've been having really good results with the swiftbow, sure it takes multiple shots to kill specials but it can do those shots faster than the other 2. I really don't like how the swiftbow doesn't stagger though as it can become a very scary race against gunners.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Relentless posted:

10bux seems like a lot for 3 old maps, too.

They'll probably get worked into the QP rotation even without the DLC, because that is apparently The Model now in VT2. At least this time two of the maps will be good, and one of the maps will be Garden of Moor which is at least better than Pit/Blightreaper.

Arghy posted:

I still don't know what bow to bring though, hagbane is nice for melting bosses and 2-3 will kill most specials but it lacks the definitive answer of the long bow. The longbow is nice for staggering but it still requires 2-3 body shots on gas rats which is frankly absurd. Hilariously i've been having really good results with the swiftbow, sure it takes multiple shots to kill specials but it can do those shots faster than the other 2. I really don't like how the swiftbow doesn't stagger though as it can become a very scary race against gunners.

Now that temp HP has been decoupled from ranged kills the answer is not missing headshots on longbow (admittedly easier said than done on the bizarrely granular hitboses) pumped up to 20% power vs. skaven 20% power vs. chaos, period, end of discussion. At that breakpoint 2 quick shots kill every berserker enemy and unarmored specials, 2 charged body shots kill armored things that aren't CWs, and you oneshot headshot everything other than CW's who get staggered, and you generally won't be FF"ing the poo poo out of your team trying to get temp health off the horde. It's not AS good against bosses as hagbane, true, but it's Good Enough against bosses especially if you can get headshots, and for the rest of the level when you're fighting through 250 or so elites and constant double spawns--which are a fun thing that's come back with a vengeance in this latest beta build--it helps to kill things "now" and not "a few seconds from now"

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 13, 2018

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Digirat posted:

I'll be excited if it means all rats and no frats

Too bad, it's got Chaos.

The lead level designer talks about porting the map over here: http://www.vermintide.com/news/dev-blog-back-ubersreik-map-conversion/

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Willie Tomg posted:

They'll probably get worked into the QP rotation even without the DLC, because that is apparently The Model now in VT2. At least this time two of the maps will be good, and one of the maps will be Garden of Moor which is at least better than Pit/Blightreaper.

Now that temp HP has been decoupled from ranged kills the answer is not missing headshots on longbow (admittedly easier said than done on the bizarrely granular hitboses) pumped up to 20% power vs. skaven 20% power vs. chaos, period, end of discussion. At that breakpoint 2 quick shots kill every berserker enemy and unarmored specials, 2 charged body shots kill armored things that aren't CWs, and you oneshot headshot everything other than CW's who get staggered, and you generally won't be FF"ing the poo poo out of your team trying to get temp health off the horde. It's not AS good against bosses as hagbane, true, but it's Good Enough against bosses especially if you can get headshots, and for the rest of the level when you're fighting through 250 or so elites and constant double spawns--which are a fun thing that's come back with a vengeance in this latest beta build--it helps to kill things "now" and not "a few seconds from now"

I'm thinking 20% PvS, 10% PvI because honestly stormers/leeches aren't that much of a threat compared to multiple gas/gun/flame/hook rats. You'd be rocking 30% power vs most skaven specials though i might change it to 10% PvA if it turns out the specials are armored instead of infantry. The hagbane is surprisingly decent though because you can stagger with charged shot and i've been killing most specials in 2 charged shots with the dot but the problem is reaching a special through a horde. I figure i'll fiddle around with either one and see what works.

I got red dual daggers since legend gives you a gently caress load of reds haha its too bad i'll never put the glaive down until they nerf it!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

K i tried 1h mace on huntsman kruber and it was terrible, 1h sword is definitely better but what traits should i go for on legend? I know i'll go sword+shield for FK but on merc/huntsman i'm torn because they both need speed.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

How many reds is gently caress load because I never get them

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I wipe my rear end with the dozens and dozens of reds lying around in my keep, but I've also played for an obscene amount of time.

In general though, if you play Legend you will pretty consistently get reds. Play just a couple of games and you have a good chance of finding at least one.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
And if you're lucky, 2 of the 347 reds you get won't be necklaces or trinkets.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
At least now you can scrap excess reds.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

So did they abandon the idea of no dupe reds in favor of red dust?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Yep.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Tagichatn posted:

Yep. You can upgrade oranges to reds so it's a bit less of a pain to at least get max rolls. It doesnt come with the illusion though, so if you're after a weaponskin you're still out of luck.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I would just like to say that the beta patch has made flail&brace zealot the most powerful force in the game, almost as strong as the now fixed bugged life on hit zealot. :black101:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Ah that explains why I'm seeing brace zealots in live.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Beta isn't live yet, is it?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Phlegmish posted:

Beta isn't live yet, is it?

No, it's not.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I've gotten reds from maybe 1% of my legend runs. I must have terrible luck.

Spear shade seems to do obscene boss damage but I'm not sure how much of it is me and how much of it is the others

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Spear shade seems to do obscene boss damage but I'm not sure how much of it is me and how much of it is the others

Unless there's a pickaxe dorf there, it's you

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I've gotten a red every other legend emp chest for 6 games, had a dry spell with 3 chests and no reds then i got another one on the 4th. So far i got a red trinket, axe and shield, dual daggers, hagbane, and 1 more but i forgot what it was.

The fact that you can now dodge poo poo reliably is loving amazing and makes legend way more playable--handling 3 CW's with trash and then watching them hit all around you because you dodged feels loving amazing. The biggest threat is SV with shields just because its not as simple as dancing with them, everything else you can dodge and whittle down but shields require a concentrated effort to kill. It's very common for a hectic horde to pass then you have 3 ambient shield vermin still alive while we all converge on them to punish their ratty butts.

I honestly think the AI director can choose deed options because i was helping my friend level his sienna on the fort map--only champion mind you and the horde was loving endless. Other times we've had literally back to back specials, for over 15 minutes we had at least 1 special up at all times. It felt like the AI director had a table to choose from and deed mutators were included on it.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Of the three reds I have, three are the longbow for huntsman Kruber, the only career I don't play because ranged is for chumps.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Nah Kruber is pretty fun. The longbow CHUNK noise is great, as is one shotting a SV that's trying to kiss you.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Can someone explain the point of scrapping items is there like a crafting mechanic I'm unaware of at the glorious heights of level 14

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Spear (on beta) does ridiculous damage to non-armored monsters to begin with. Trolls, spawns, rogers just melt even on a handymaid with a speedpot.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The bosses seem to fall rather quick in general in beta. Perhaps that's a coincidence of having a good group for it each time

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Waroduce posted:

Can someone explain the point of scrapping items is there like a crafting mechanic I'm unaware of at the glorious heights of level 14

Easiest way to get a 300 power weapon of the type you want once you're getting 300 power weapons. That's about it.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008
It's also handy for crafting a weapon you like as you're leveling if the random loot gods don't give you a contemporary power level weapon of your preference. I actually like this system a lot over VT1 as you're guaranteed to be able to use every weapon your character has. In VT1 I never got the volley crossbow or falchion for Saltzpyre despite playing him almost exclusively with my group.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Waroduce posted:

Salvaging gives you gubbins. Scrap metal, weapon parts, jewelry parts, dusts every color of the rainbow. Salvage everything as much as you can. Open as many boxes as you can so you have as much salvage trash as possible. Crafting scrap and parts into items raises your item power level just like opening chests so you should do it whenever you want anything at all. If you have an appropriate power level item you can upgrade it to orange with scrap and starting a new character from level 1 with high power orange items with good properties and traits its TOTALLY different than doing it from scratch. It shortens the drat progression treadmill, and anything that vaults you into at least champion ASAP is categorically a good thing.

Rerolling properties with blue and green dust is by far the worst part of the itemization. By far. Reds are valuable specifically because they truncate that horseshit because they're always max value properties so you're spending at most 30ish dusts to get The Perfect Combo, which is the basis of people saying stuff like "hey run exactly 20% power vs skaven 20% power vs chaos on longbow" or whatever.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 15, 2018

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Shadows DLC is on sale for $7.50 if you wanna get it, some nice hats in there but the reskins are loving terrible.

Did 8 legend games today or rather tried, first 2 were a little rough due to poo poo like slave rats spawning out of the air during an ambush. The next 5 games were utter bullshit, endless giant hordes, elite density out the rear end with 5-6 CW's being common and 3-4 zerkers showing up outta no where. A good example of the bullshit was a ledge by the 2nd tome in warcamp which would normally have 3-4 spawns max having over 14 spawns sitting on the ledge packed so tightly they were clipping each other. You should not be killing 1000 things in a single loving mission unless its an endless horde deed.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

I'm having about 50/50 luck on legend with bullshit spawns.

Can confirm flail/brace zealot is silly good. As are spear handmaiden and spear shade.

Vastly prefer support/heal ranger dorf to IB/zerker. Know what that mini patrol of 6 CWs doesn't like? 4 bombs.

Repeater handgun isn't terrible on BH. Free alt fire regaining 3 rounds every 10 seconds means you can pick off specials at range, blast CWs and still be regaining ammo. Not amazing but serviceable.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

In all seriousness whoever designed the crafting system for this game is a loving idiot.

e: pay 10 gold dust to get the trait you want. Open X chests at a time.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

They keep buffing the flamethrower and I feel like its crazy, but the meta considers it a subpar never pick and I can't disagree more.

I'm ecstatic about being even more broken as soon as this patch goes through.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

In all seriousness whoever designed the crafting system for this game is a loving idiot.

e: pay 10 gold dust to get the trait you want. Open X chests at a time.

The crafting system feels increasingly stupid as your inventory approaches infinity.

Like realistically I can have any item I want with any traits I want, if I have the patience to mash reroll for six hours.

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 18, 2018

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

It starts stupid and just gets stupider, but yes it gets even more ridiculous when you have hundred of weapon parts and loads of green/blue/orange dust.

Also hell yeah two red Brace of Pistols, I'm ready for this patch.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Technically vermintide 1 was even worse about trait rerolling since the combination you wanted could be 1 specific combination out of 200, but 1) you could choose to keep your old set anytime you rerolled 2) you could get 2/3 of what you wanted (or something else decent) and settle for that, instead of replacing your entire Swift Slaying with Heroic Intervention, and 3) you could reroll about four times in the length of time it takes you to reroll once now, which all combined to make it way less of a headache in practice.

It wouldn't surprise me if the reason for the huge delay between rerolls is just because you have to ping their servers every loving time you do it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Digirat posted:

Technically vermintide 1 was even worse about trait rerolling since the combination you wanted could be 1 specific combination out of 200, but 1) you could choose to keep your old set anytime you rerolled 2) you could get 2/3 of what you wanted (or something else decent) and settle for that, instead of replacing your entire Swift Slaying with Heroic Intervention, and 3) you could reroll about four times in the length of time it takes you to reroll once now, which all combined to make it way less of a headache in practice.

It wouldn't surprise me if the reason for the huge delay between rerolls is just because you have to ping their servers every loving time you do it now

Also the notion of rerolling which properties you have was divorced from the numbers of those traits; like you could keep throwing resources at trying to make your +numbers better. Of course the comparison fails there because VT1 didn't have a distinction between attributes and traits, and instead items had three unique properties instead of 1 unique property and 2 numbers that kinda sorta affect the game.