Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I'm a talking horse, beet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

We can still talk game stuff right now right?

If so, have my stuff typed up and I'm fine shooting it out there if we still want me to claim.

Alternately, I can wait till tomorrow when maybe we'll do a mass claim?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

I'm a talking horse, beet

to that i'd say neigh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

If so, have my stuff typed up and I'm fine shooting it out there if we still want me to claim.

what's the benefit to town in you claiming now, before night phase?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Nah you're fine, don't make yourself a scum target if you're town

(but if you're scum/3p please fullclaim, thanks!)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

I mean, I don't think there is one, but I don't want people to think I was holding out, so was willing to let the people decide.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm good to claim whenever my role is sorta poo poo.

but i like acting indignant about it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, I don't think there is one, but I don't want people to think I was holding out, so was willing to let the people decide.

save it for tomorrow. if you get night killed we're gonna see anyway.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i demand kb, known serial killer, claim all of his knowledge so we can scoff at his fakeclaim before gulagdolls, the scum bomb (reason why this flip is taking so long) obliterates him

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

hambeet posted:

This.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sleep time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh NOW you don't want them to claim. jeez kit

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

hambeet posted:

oh NOW you don't want them to claim. jeez kit

Well of course. I wanted him to do it for assistance with the vote. What's the point now? It's just giving scum information.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah im just poo poo stirring now

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Apologies, was laying down for a bit.

The crew has voted to execute GulagDolls.

Intermission 3 will commence shortly. Until then, feel free to keep posting. Twilight phase is in effect.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

don't mind if i do!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

or not.
that's good too

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

EccoRaven has been put ON NOTICE! If they fail to make 10 substantial posts during a game day again, they will be subject to a free LIGHTS-OUT execution!

The smells, sights, and sounds of the power room were starting to get to them, as the crew hounded each other. There were two of their number they felt were up for debate today.

After much arguing, they finally all came together, turning to one of the smallest of their number, staring up at them with her cold eyes.

"Hmph, you go after Kiera, then you come for me? You sure you just don't like ousting the old guard?"

Firearms were leveled as the lights flickered overhead. "We know it's you. We know you're the one who sold us out."

"And how do you know that, eh? A hunch? A gut guess? Do you have evidence?"

"We don't need evidence."

"...Keheheh. Spoken just like one of -them-. Rat bastards... rat bastards, the lot of you!" Her face twisted from calm to fury in the blink of an eye, a pistol drawn as she ducked between two of the running generators, winging one of the other members of the crew as she ran.

The sparks flew as gunshots rang out, many of the stranger generators knocked askew, but the smaller, wiry woman could dodge fire with the best of them.

Not forever, though - cut off from the exit upstairs by some, she was cornered by the rest of the crew, brandishing her holdout pistol.

"You think it's easy, waiting this long for my vindication? Waiting this long for this poo poo? Kiera got what was coming to her! You all didn't even need my help to do it...! Kehehehe! I hope the rest of you rot just like my I've done from the inside out for so long!

The only thing that met her declaration of motives was a hail of bullets, as she laughed until she could laugh no more.

quote:

She used to be part of law enforcement, you know. A real idealist, trying to change the way the system works from the inside. She knew all about how the squeaky wheel got the grease. She used to think she'd get a desk seat, start making the big changes. But the squeaky wheel always gets the grease, doesn't it? She was framed for a botch-job cover-up the other officers messed up on. Something she had nothing to do with - they needed her out, and she didn't have an alibi. Disgraced, a 'crooked cop' - less crooked than most, just the one who got caught.

She met Kiera not long after, slumming in the back alleys and dead-ends of the cities. A smooth-talker the likes of which she never was, Kiera was sympathetic to the plight of someone screwed by the system. She proposed a solution: Form a group that works from the outside in. Get big enough no one could stop you. Diana agreed - she still had plenty of contacts, and a trip to the cyberdoc cemented this as the path she was planning to go down, one way or another. The road's been longer than she thought, though. Way longer. But the end's gotta be in sight. Just one more job.

:rip: GulagDolls, aka Diana "Cipher" Leigh, SELLOUT(Scum)-Aligned Detective(Rolecop), was executed at the end of Act 3! :rip:

Her communicator, unfortunately, had the same dead-man's switch as Wraith's. Which meant there were still more to find. Stunned at the betrayal of the Crew's second-in-command, but with a mystery yet to be uncovered between them and their ultimate goal, their spirits were yet renewed.

But if Sub-Floor 2 was bad... what kind of poo poo was going to be waiting for them on Sub-Floor 3?

It is now Intermission 3. All actions are due NO LATER THAN 10 PM Eastern Standard Time, Wednesday, November 13th. I will process and open the thread early should all actions be submitted before the deadline.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:camera6: Votecount for Act 3 :camera6:

GulagDolls (8): King Burgundy, SolusLunes, Kitiara, jimmydalad, got some chores tonight, hambeet, King Burgundy, got some chores tonight, King Burgundy, jimmydalad, Max, jimmydalad, King Burgundy, imgay, imgay, Max, hambeet, Kitiara, got some chores tonight, Kitiara, King Burgundy, hambeet, Max, Hal Incandenza
SolusLunes (2): got some chores tonight, Murmur Twin, GulagDolls, CapitalistPig, got some chores tonight, jimmydalad, jimmydalad, Max, Max, GulagDolls
King Burgundy (2): Max, hambeet, imgay, GulagDolls, hambeet, hambeet, Kitiara, hambeet, Kitiara, Max
Lynch No One! (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
Hal Incandenza (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
hambeet (0): Hal Incandenza, imgay, imgay, Kitiara, King Burgundy, Kitiara, King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza
CapitalistPig (0): imgay, imgay
Max (0): imgay, imgay

Not Voting (1): EccoRaven

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 12th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The crew felt the change in the atmosphere as you approached Sub-Floor 3 before you got there. It was hard to deny, though, for what reason it changed, the crew weren't sure until they got there.

Underneath the power station and production lines was apparently a server farm. And not just any server farm, but the largest one any of the crew had ever seen. Each sub-floor had felt bigger than the last, and this was the largest by far. Rows and rows of servers stretched out to the near-limits of your vision - not hard when the lights are tuned so low as to be practically nonexistent, only the glow of the computers around the crew seemed to give any substantial light.

Moreover, this many servers produce a lot of heat - or they would, if the room wasn't set to levels that were seemingly just above freezing. Thankfully, the multi-layered wear of a crew on a mission is build to deal with such extreme changes in climate, but it has nevertheless gotten some of the crew shivering from the suddent and drastic change.

But with servers, naturally, means databases. Already, the crew set out to work picking out clusters of servers to try and brute force and extra data from - with how far down these servers are, it's likely that at least some of the information may be pivotal to the R&D department down below.

Unfortunately, bloodcurdling screams and a shot ringing loud and clear, following by the sparks of what are undoubtedly broken, shorted-out servers startle everyone into action, as they look for the saboteurs' latest victims.

Naturally, they found the gunshot victim first. Two shots to the temple - they had to shake their heads and sigh. She had been doing good work for just being on patrol. It's likely if they got out of this mess, she would've gotten bumped up to a main member of the crew...

quote:

Your story's not that remarkable, in the grand scheme of things - you were a girl with a chip on her shoulder and everything to prove to the wrong kinds of people. She wasn't ever really that good with the technical side of things. But she was pretty good at roughing up the right sorts of people for the right sorts of pay. Simple work, but it never went out of style.

The fact that she got onto the biggest crew in the Verge was a lucky coincidence - she'd just gotten bounced from her latest gig, and needed a new place to crash, some new people who got her style. She found them, alright, which made her feel all the more comfortable that the way she was doing things was the way things were meant to be done.

Course, with this group, she didn't need to bash heads as often - this outfit were professionals. All she needed to do for them was look scary and walk in circles for 'em.

And boy, did she love doing that..

:rip: Murmur Twin, aka Allison "Crash" Dewitt, CREW(Town)-Aligned Muscle (Compulsory Visitor), was shot to death during Intermission 3! :rip:

The second kill, naturally, was uglier. A broken server farm, with the square, fine-edged metallic blade having apparently skewered right through it - and its target - from behind, embedding itself in a different server. The clean hole put through the con-man's chest still steaming as his look betrayed his final scream, an empty, silent shadow of the sound that they still felt ringing in their ears.

quote:

Son of a con-man, Aiden never wanted for any life but taking up after dear old dad - master of every matter of hustle tricks. Or at least he used to be. See, dad never caught up with the pace of technology - all his tricks were outdated, and all the latest tech could see where the tricks were coming from a mile away. Suddenly, dear old dad's little river of sucker-funds started drying up.

But Aiden? He was a whiz with tech in some ways. Made people easier to fool with how much they trusted his hand at it. Dad called him his 'good-luck charm', and Aiden knew it was cause he was the one keeping the operation moving. When daddy dearest eventually got locked up because he couldn't keep up with the ways people were catching old con-men like him, the best thing he did for Aiden is make sure they knew he was the only one at blame.

It let him take over the 'family business'. Of course, it's a much bigger family business, with the Crew having its say on his activities, but he's as good at pulling the old sleights of hand as anyone, talking them in circles till they don't know which way is which anymore.

It's the gig you were born for - why do you need anything else?

:rip: Hal Incandenza, aka Aiden "Sly" Foxwell, CREW(Town)-Aligned Switchboard (Busdriver), was eviscerated during Intermission 3! :rip:

They couldn't move on until they had decided who had done these things, and more to the point, many were still working on the server data. There had to be something there, anything, that might clue them in to why this was happening. The chill was creeping in, though, in more ways than one.

They were running out of crew, and time.

It is now Act 4. Deadline is 10 PM Eastern Standard Time on Friday, November 16th.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:camera6: Votecount for Act 4 :camera6:

Not Voting (10): CapitalistPig, EccoRaven, got some chores tonight, hambeet, imgay, jimmydalad, King Burgundy, Kitiara, Max, SolusLunes

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 16th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm upset gulag lied.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

My action failed. Assuming imgay jailed me.

Also. I was right about Gulag. :boom:

But full credit to Chores for making me still consider it despite his doc claim.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I barricaded you kb, mona heckled me while i was at work and just threw out your name instead of thinking it out

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i figured u might be targeted since you pushed scum

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, no worries. I was a valid target last night if scum/sk didn't want to push the cuddle on me.

Also, you pretty much cleared me, so, thanks. :)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I believe strongly that cpig should die

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

My action failed. Assuming imgay jailed me.

Also. I was right about Gulag. :boom:

But full credit to Chores for making me still consider it despite his doc claim.

fuk u don't take my credit for a lynch I was trying to push since d2

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

I agree but I'd rather do Beet first. Why?

Because I tracked Beet to Hal.

##vote Hambeet

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

why though?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SolusLunes posted:

##vote Hambeet

hmmm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Going back through all the voting last night, Cpig stood out to me for a few reasons:

1: The second time scum was up for execution, cpig is busy pushing someone else.

CapitalistPig posted:

No , I still think gulag is acting scummy but there is a role related reason I do not believe solus's claim, which means it must be fake.

You know who gets fake claims? Scum.

I would rather vote solus for role related reasons.

CapitalistPig posted:

I'll vote gulag to avoid a no lynch but solus is preferred for me.

Reminder that the same thing happened D1 with him pushing ecco hard.

2: Notice how CPig says he'll be around to hammer gulag, and wants to give them time to respond. That's important because cpig stopped posting an hour til deadline.

CapitalistPig posted:

Ecco confirming the role does make me feel a little bit better, solus could still be scum but I am happier to hammer gulag now. I'd like to give him time to respond though.

CapitalistPig posted:

That doesn't necessarily mean I believe solus is cleared, but he at least has access to where ecco went which means they are scum together (which is a possibility) or he is actually a tracker, if solus is a town tracker though I would be a little flabbergasted if I was scum because they seem to be at a huge disadvantage unless they have really incredible roles.

This reads like out in the open scum griping because of the number of roles town seems to have

CapitalistPig posted:

:wtc: What is this last minute push on kb?

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm just trying to avoid having to read because I'm lazy.

And then an hour later deadline happened.

I was going to drop a vote down here but I preview edited, and would like to hear what hambeet has to say now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lol at Beet personally killing the busdriver.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I recall mentioning that Hambeet has been lacking in posts, so I'd believe it as scum guilt.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also FWIW MMT gave that series of quotes a thumbs up.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

Lol at Beet personally killing the busdriver.

It's probably Beet as SK because of the flavor, but I would like to cut the town deaths in half

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SolusLunes posted:

##vote Hambeet

Haha, beet killed the busdriver.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can also see Pig.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

Also FWIW MMT gave that series of quotes a thumbs up.

I'm not sure what that means. But cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok I guess now is a good time to do this.

I am a watcher, my tech is E.Y.E. 984 PERIPHERAL OBSERVATION SYSTEM.

The reason I didn't believe solus is a tracker is because we have bus drivers and trackers and watchers all presumably town.

Scum has flipped a rolecop and a ninja.

I feel like unless the remaining scum have some pretty sweet rear end roles there are some serious balance issues here.

N1 I watched MMT and hambeet visited her.

N2 I watched jimmy and mmt visited him.

N3 I watched kb and imgay visited him.

• Locked thread