Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Moon Monster posted:

What is that tactical strap in the lower left?

I think that's a paracord bracelet, it's for *survival*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned posted:

I think that's a paracord bracelet, it's for *survival*

With lovely plastic clips that will break easily. If you can't tie your paracord bracelet onto your wrist then it's safe to say that you can't use it for anything anyway.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The funniest part is the tactical carbon fiber cigar case

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

bony tony posted:

He thinks he looks like this

When he really looks like this

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bony tony posted:

Imagining the sort of person who would buy this poo poo lighting up a cigar and hacking until they're puking sick is warming my heart

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
e:whoops

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Shouldnt that mask be half orange?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Whats with the b/W Greek flag?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Biplane posted:

It's real cool how in the thread making fun of EDC nerds a bunch of goons come kramering in all "even though my pants are filled with metal and sharpened sticks I'm one of the good ones!"

I mean it's that, posting instagram pics to tepidly mock them or going the absolute opposite directions with stuff like "lol who owns a flashlight nowadays? and a keychain? holy poo poo those guys are just carrying useless poo poo lmao what's next, a wallet?"

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Jerry Cotton posted:

It’s an American flag and I think it’s one of those ones actual soldiers use for identification with night vision or something.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Tactical clothespin!

This one was titled "wedding carry."

Four watches.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

I assumed it was a White America flag. I'm trying to figure out what's above what I'm assuming is a cigar cutter on the lower left.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

James Woods posted:

I assumed it was a White America flag. I'm trying to figure out what's above what I'm assuming is a cigar cutter on the lower left.

Lighter

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Come to think of it I'm going to crosspost my question from the BUDK thread in GBS since it seems on topic.

James Woods posted:

So a couple buddies and I have over the years adopted a tradition of getting each other silly weapon related Christmas gifts. This started out small with genuinely useful pocket or camping knives but in the last couple years has grown into a pissing contest of who can get the silliest thing and this seemed like a good place to look for suggestions for this year. Below from left to right are a few examples of some choice pieces I've received through this absurd gift exchange. You will notice a trend developing (Zippo is there for scale).

To the far left is a whale skinning knife a friend got from an Inuit guide while in Alaska. Next is actuallt a very nice cleaver that's almost a centimeter thick and works great the one time a year I need it. Last is a ridiculously huge and heavy ax that is now a decorative part of my tiki bar. I'd like to keep the gift under US $50 and preferably available through Amazon. I was leaning towards a mini crossbow and have been looking at this https://www.amazon.com/CDRIC-Numeri...ross+bow+arrows but I'm open to suggestion.

Also since I feel there aren't enough of you closet EDC nerds outing yourselves I will show you my nightstand.

I work as both a bartender and an auto mechanic and have legitimate need for most of what you see albeit not all at the same time on different days of the week.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

James Woods posted:

Come to think of it I'm going to crosspost my question from the BUDK thread in GBS since it seems on topic.

Also since I feel there aren't enough of you closet EDC nerds outing yourselves I will show you my nightstand.

I work as both a bartender and an auto mechanic and have legitimate need for most of what you see albeit not all at the same time on different days of the week.

So uh...which job requires the switch blades? I mean I carry a spring assisted Kershaw all the time but only one and I don't look like a '70s pimp when I pull it out.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

JEEVES420 posted:

So uh...which job requires the switch blades? I mean I carry a spring assisted Kershaw all the time but only one and I don't look like a '70s pimp when I pull it out.

Of the three knives pictured on the bottom right only the one in the middle is a true Italian style switchblade. The one with the wood grip has no spring activation and is impossible to open without two hands. I carry that on formall occasions. The one on the right is a TiLite that I use for mechanic stuff and is there mostly because I like the stiletto style and ergonomics and it's cheap and I'm tired of losing Benchmades. I used to use the switchblade for bartender work but switched to that little black thing above the multitool and swiss army knife which is actually a tiny 1.9 inch out the front switchblade that is CA legal that is great for opening boxes and general behind the bar utility. I either toss that or the TiLite in my pocket as my "EDC".

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
The bullshit is coming from inside the thread. That's gonna be a yikes from me, dog.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

This dude would use a v cutter

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

The bullshit is coming from inside the thread. That's gonna be a yikes from me, dog.

This thread needs more self shame. I'm just the only one whipping it out for y'all to see.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I have a watch that I wear. Think it's a Casio. My wallet is a Finn from adventure time that I got like six years ago. Sometimes I have to wear a hospital ID

EDC? :shrug:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Queen Combat posted:

I have a watch that I wear. Think it's a Casio. My wallet is a Finn from adventure time that I got like six years ago. Sometimes I have to wear a hospital ID

it must suck having to go to the hospital often enough that you'd need an ID when you're only in middle school. Hope you get better little buddy.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

You obviously need some tactical beads on the lanyard for your hospital badge. The lanyard could be made from a weave of over 100' of 550 pound tensile strength paracord to use in emergencies. You need to look at your loadout asymmetrically. EDC is a way of life.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you own more than four knives it counts as a small sword.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Pfft he won’t last five minutes if it all goes south, I mean where are his loving tactical beads??

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

A quick Googling says the card in the holder Tactical Card Deployment System is a Danish public transport pass for youths age 16-19, so at least this one has the excuse of being a literal dumb teenager.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

monkeytennis posted:

Pfft he won’t last five minutes if it all goes south, I mean where are his loving tactical beads??

Up his rear end.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do you...glue them together?

A knifesword.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TopHatGenius posted:

Do you...glue them together?

A knifesword.

Do you count by gluing things together?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
PYF Tacticool Bullshit: I Only Carry It On Formal Occasions

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

PYF Tacticool Bullshit: I Only Carry It On Formal Occasions

Oh God you just reminded me the guy that used to be my stepdad has a dirk he only wears with his formal kilt.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The only benefit of a doctorate is the sword. But then you have a really ugly hat. I guess I'll just stay a drop-out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Comrade Koba posted:

A quick Googling says the card in the holder Tactical Card Deployment System is a Danish public transport pass for youths age 16-19, so at least this one has the excuse of being a literal dumb teenager.

I'm the cell phone case without a cell phone in it.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only benefit of a doctorate is the sword. But then you have a really ugly hat. I guess I'll just stay a drop-out.

Where the hell are you where you get a sword for getting a doctorate?!

Also that's a drat ugly hat.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roblo posted:

Where the hell are you where you get a sword for getting a doctorate?!

Also that's a drat ugly hat.

You don't get a sword, but you get to legally carry one.

I think it's so that when the Koreans start Fenno-Korean Hyper War II, highly probably with several volleys of orbital mind-blasts, the brainiest Finns will survive the initial onslaught and fight back with swords.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Well, he's obviously using his cell phone Spec-Ops Wireless Communicator™ to play Candy Crush call in a tactical artillery strike or something.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I've seen the cell phone cases a bunch. I think they're just placeholders for the phone, which is taking the picture.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Iron Crowned posted:

I thought it was a notepad in a case because it's next to the pen.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

rodbeard posted:

Oh God you just reminded me the guy that used to be my stepdad has a dirk he only wears with his formal kilt.

Sgian Dubh are very much a part of the outfit when wearing traditional Scottish Highland outfits. I'll leave it up to the reader to decide if he needed such an outfit though.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

I used to know a trench coat wearing dork who always carried knives and sometimes a sword.

He once got mugged and came home without his trousers. He said they stole them but probably just poo poo himself with fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

James Woods posted:

This thread needs more self shame. I'm just the only one whipping it out for y'all to see.

I keep one of these on my keyring (not my picture, mine's green):

Frankly half the reason I carry it is because I only have two keys, and I like them to be attached to something a little larger so I don't lose them.

It's got scissors, pliers, a file, a dinky little knife blade, and a bottle opener, which is more stuff than I actually need on a regular basis, but since the thing is loving tiny I don't mind that. I'd recommend them to just about anyone TBH. Because they are so small and light, it's so low effort to keep one around that it's worth it just for the one time in two months that you suddenly urgently need a pair of pliers.

• Locked thread