Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I am still shocked that Medicine Man is as relevant as he's been so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I am so giddy for 180...

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

oh no... i didn't realize smiley bodyguard guy is dead

it said setsuna killed some of them? i don't get when that happened

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

that was a while back. the bodyguards were following all the fighters around on the first day of the tournament, and setsuna got cranky and ganked some of them

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

CharlestonJew posted:

he was "crushed" by Hassad, not necessarily killed

His head wasn't censored, so I assume he is alive but anime injured.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So ohma might have used up three chapters of flashbacks, but with the "Tiger" being present, how many more does he have gained from recovering his memories?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Recovered memories is generally a pretty powerful upgrade. Usually means unlocking your limiter

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ohma has regained consciousness, his memories and still remembers that Yamashita Kazuo is his friend.

This is all working out better than I would've hoped, honestly.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

where the red fern gropes posted:

iirc it was on the boat, when they trounced hassad some blood splattered on ohma and kiryu flipped the gently caress out.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

my parents boyfriend posted:

I'm really glad my job isn't trying to stop an angry Julius Reinhold. He's looking pretty scary and kind of came out of the Wakatsuki fight in a lot better shape despite losing.

You really have to question these guys sanity, or admire the size of their balls. If I had seen most of the second round fights, I would not be picking a fight with those guys no matter how many weapons I have save a rifle. Imagine walking up to Gensai, setsuna, wakatsuki and yes Julius. and thinking "yeah, I have a chance here".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Julius is probably the worst one to run into for a group

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Julius using one of the white suits as a club ftw.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Murdercop, Julius, Fang, Muteba, and Hanafusa are probably the worst ones to have to fight

Bando too but he might be locked up or something

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bando probably just contorted himself into a very small vent and escaped like santa anna from jojo

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

CharlestonJew posted:

Murdercop, Julius, Fang, Muteba, and Hanafusa are probably the worst ones to have to fight

Bando too but he might be locked up or something

Wakatsuki is also terrible to fight. He and Julius can both just HOSS you through a couple walls and most of your squad.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Muteba got paid to win a tournament, not stop a terrorist attack. He's probably just chilling out somewhere rather than fighting

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

JosephWongKS posted:

Imai - Gains Kaneda's "Foresight".

Ohma - Gains the "secret technique" of the Niko Style but burned up three chapters' worth of flashbacks in exchange for it.

Wakatsuki - ???

Muteba - ???

Rei - ???

Beard - Learns the "Ripper" technique from Rihito.

Hatsumi - Gains a Stand after learning the Joestar family secret technique and becoming an honorary Joestar.

Fang - Gains the gratitude of all Kengan readers after "accidentally" killing Murdercop.

Wata- is now two-face, flips a coin to decide everything

Muteba- robot laser eyes

Rei- finally gets to third base after rino unlocks the chasity belt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

blizzardvizard posted:

Going back to the tournament after all this poo poo is done is gonna be weird

Or rather maybe this whole thing is an excuse for the top 8 to "power up" before their quarter finals

I get the feeling that they're giving cosmo a power up so that when ohma stomps him it looks even more impressive

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

AtomikKrab posted:

Wakatsuki is also terrible to fight. He and Julius can both just HOSS you through a couple walls and most of your squad.

Oh yeah I was thinking less "very powerful" and more "totally willing to brutally murder you if you attack them" I feel like Wakatsuki would be fine with just knocking you out

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
like Gensai would probably just pierce your heart and kill you instantly but Akoya would brutally torture you, Muteba would probably rip your eyeballs out before killing you, and Hanafusa would give you Super AIDS

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

CharlestonJew posted:

Oh yeah I was thinking less "very powerful" and more "totally willing to brutally murder you if you attack them" I feel like Wakatsuki would be fine with just knocking you out

Didn't Wakatsuki hyper murder the guy that Toyo Electric hired to replace him?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mangadex.org/chapter/483024/1

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

thats a loving long chapter

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

What a long and great chapter full of good dudes fighting but what happened with Cosmo??

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love all of my beautiful jobbers

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The chapter was originally released in three parts over a month and a half.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

so many great things in this chapter

muteba

the danberu crossover at the end

that guardian guy flipping off raian

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God this chapter is a rollercoaster of callbacks

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
All the dudes in the background of Komada and Ivan's scenes are the guys that went down on the boat. Masaki's target. Nikado's target, and the two hitmen who went after Rei and Cosmos.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Well, that got wrapped up quickly and cleanly.

Also, another piece of evidence that Muteba is the best.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
IT'S THE TEAMUP THAT EVERYONE WAS CALLING FOR.

THE MUSCLE GOD AND THE MOST MUSCULAR MAN ON EARTH.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Pretty proud that I solved the medicine man mystery in my speculation post a while back and holy poo poo was it cool to see him and hassad get a full face turn. I did completely miss that the invasion force was a decoy as well though. It was a cool plan that had some layers to it, a massive invasion force on the boat and a smaller infiltration force both used as a decoy to hide the fact that all of his forces were already in the dome to take the crowd hostage. The parade of callback characters was a really fun and exciting way for the good guys to counterattack.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

bunch of caved in faces this chapter

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Every single character comes in for a HUGE party

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

McTimmy posted:

All the dudes in the background of Komada and Ivan's scenes are the guys that went down on the boat. Masaki's target. Nikado's target, and the two hitmen who went after Rei and Cosmos.

Good catch.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Bando doing the peace sign makes me think that maybe he should be pardoned of all crimes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

His only crime was murdering some Yakuza and cops is that really a big deal

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that university is only trying to kill him decades later because they consider bando an embarrassment. gently caress those guys!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh, I guess he's a good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Fishing grandpa still kicking.