Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Let's all appreciate how hard it is to get blood out of clothing. And how Muteba quite possibly went out of his way to go help Sekibayashi out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

El Burbo posted:

Every single character comes in for a HUGE party

EVERY character from EVERY backstory

God drat what a chapter

tweet my meat posted:

I love all of my beautiful jobbers

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

That was well played indeed.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I honestly didn't expect to love Muteba so much after his first match but everything since has endeared me to him in a huge way.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Muteba x Sekibayashi OTP

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sindai posted:

Oh, I guess he's a good guy.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I can't believe Silverman's gym would be OK with the most roided man on earth.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Muteba got his clothes bloody! That's true friendship. I hope he wins the whole tournament.

I was thinking that this might just become a regular ol' fighting manga, with everyone facing off against various Guardians for the remaining chapters, but I'm glad I was wrong. The tournament is definitely gonna continue without a hitch. I just hope Cosmo didn't get too injured, if both he and Ohma got a big power up that fight is gonna be hella good.

e: I accidentally a word.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 13, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Muteba got paid to win a tournament, not stop a terrorist attack. He's probably just chilling out somewhere rather than fighting

Well, so much for that.

And I guess Takayama was the only Metsudo bodyguard worth a drat after all.

I'm very glad that Himuro happened to be around Okubo at the time this went down.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

People not redeemed in this series yet

1)The Cop
2)Energy Baron
3)That guy who got his testicles crushed and then killed by that good guy

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Not only did Muteba get his clothes dirty, but he went all the way to the medical room despite the fact that he lacked any injuries, which means he went there just to check on his pals.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
The cop doesn't need redemption because being an alpha vigilante cop is already badass.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's a serial killer, not a vigilante. vigilantes kill criminals, not everyone related to criminals.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
mods

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
A vigilante isn't someone who kills criminals, a vigilante is someone who takes the law into his own hands without any sort of legal justification.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

K. Flaps posted:

The cop doesn't need redemption because being an alpha vigilante cop is already badass.

Alpha Cops Are Bastards, hth

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Of course the GERMAN would be posting this

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

A vigilante isn't someone who kills criminals, a vigilante is someone who takes the law into his own hands without any sort of legal justification.

being related to a criminal is not a crime. killing such people is not vigilantism. also, as we saw during his fight with cosmo akai murders people because he really enjoys slowly torturing people to death for the sin of opposing him. miss stockholm syndrome is the only person on the planet who actually buys his bullshit excuses.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

being related to a criminal is not a crime. killing such people is not vigilantism. also, as we saw during his fight with cosmo akai murders people because he really enjoys slowly torturing people to death for the sin of opposing him. miss stockholm syndrome is the only person on the planet who actually buys his bullshit excuses.

Akoya is both a murderer and a vigilante. All the people he killed in both flashbacks were criminals, even the college student who was also trafficking drugs. That doesn't mean he isn't unhinged, but he's clearly led by a sense of preserving public peace through working outside the law. That desire has been severely warped though to the point that an 18yo underground street fighter is also in violation of his "justice"

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
...of course being related to a criminal isn't a crime under the penal code of the state of Japan. But Akoya is killing as a vigilante and not as a state persecutor or a judge and he follows his own set of laws.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Um, Cosmo was not only willingly participating in illegal bloodsport tournament, he knowingly assaulted a police officer and then resisted arrest. Akoya's actions were clearly justified self-defense and he should get a medal. :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

K. Flaps posted:

...of course being related to a criminal isn't a crime under the penal code of the state of Japan. But Akoya is killing as a vigilante and not as a state persecutor or a judge and he follows his own set of laws.

are you a cop

you have to tell us if you are a cop

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
You don't need to be a cop to know what the word vigilante means.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I am justice

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I am justice

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

How can there be evil people if there are no people at all?
Checkmate for Justice.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I am the law. Also, I want to see more of Hawai. That guy makes Haruo look small. Was pretty surprised to see Rei's master here, since I thought he gave up the martial art when he passed it on but I'm glad it happened. Inaba too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

my parents boyfriend posted:

I am the law. Also, I want to see more of Hawai. That guy makes Haruo look small. Was pretty surprised to see Rei's master here, since I thought he gave up the martial art when he passed it on but I'm glad it happened.

Honestly, I thought he died shortly after passing it on.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Honestly, I thought he died shortly after passing it on.

how is he supposed to show up in a flashback if he's dead?? niko is alive too btw

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Awesome chapter with an amazing amount of references.

We still haven't seen the conclusion to Gaolong/Adam/Kaneda/Cosmo vs spinny sword guy right? It ended on Kaneda basically going "Oh poo poo Cosmo's got (imperfect) Foresight now!"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adam is on the volume cover

https://mangadex.org/chapter/483441/1

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Our boy finally made the cover art

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Now that's a loving cliffhanger

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Cover spot and now a substitution to beat up on near-dead people, Adam's stock is strongly on the rise.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A magnificent feint on Nogi's part.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

it's a shame how most of adam's appearances don't have enough fine detail to show the gently caress on his teeth

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So Ohma is gonna die at the end of this isn't he?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It almost looked like they retconned his teeth until they showed this new cover.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ohma is probably dead at the end given this chapter. That being said look at Adam and Jerry hanging out and enjoying how AMERICA AS HELL they both are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Caidin posted:

So Ohma is gonna die at the end of this isn't he?

Seeing as how nobody dies and there is supposed to be a sequel probably not