Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

Doubt it's easy
"relatively" was the operative word

e: like, nobody would deny that Willam's one of the hardest working Hollywood queens, but there's a huge gap between most folks trying to do music videos and Willam opening a rolodex to any one of a hundred people who can help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ICHIBAHN posted:

Doubt it's easy

He probably films most of them on a greenscreen in his office/studio. It's easier for him than a lot of people, I'd bet.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Whalley posted:

"relatively" was the operative word

e: like, nobody would deny that Willam's one of the hardest working Hollywood queens, but there's a huge gap between most folks trying to do music videos and Willam opening a rolodex to any one of a hundred people who can help

Yeah I'm not trying to diminish the work that goes into Willam's videos because it takes a lot of people, time, and money to get something so well-produced. My point was that releasing a video or two a week is her business model and she's uniquely good at it because of her Hollywood experience and connections. She's been on a lot of productions so she knows how filming works and she's also a very competent businesswoman with lots of connections which allows her to pull together a ton of talent.

esperterra posted:

He probably films most of them on a greenscreen in his office/studio. It's easier for him than a lot of people, I'd bet.

Willam does gigs and makes videos, that's her thing. Also writes books and does podcasts and stuff but churning out well-produced youtube videos is her hustle.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 13, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://mobile.twitter.com/rupaulsdragrace/status/1062078968059383808?s=21

e: ^^ I agree. She's made her name with video content at this point-- so many of her fans found drag race thru her beatdown videos, for instance.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Omg that Valentina confessional moment.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

esperterra posted:

Also as much as I love Katya, Kennedy won that lip sync. Neither she or Trixie were robbed lol

:catstare:

POWER ARMS DOES NOT MAKE A GOOD LIP SYNC

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

eh they were both pretty bad imo, and Pearl had been performing better in general so I was fine with her win.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

esperterra posted:

eh they were both pretty bad imo, and Pearl had been performing better in general so I was fine with her win.

What alternate reality season 7 did you watch?
Of the 4 episodes concluding in that lip sync, Trixie was definitively better in at least 2 (Glamazon, Shakesqueer) and in that episode Trixie wrote most of the lyrics which the judges liked.

How was Pearl better in general?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

garthoneeye posted:

What alternate reality season 7 did you watch?
Of the 4 episodes concluding in that lip sync, Trixie was definitively better in at least 2 (Glamazon, Shakesqueer) and in that episode Trixie wrote most of the lyrics which the judges liked.

How was Pearl better in general?

https://youtu.be/d0KNPDJ5x7s

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I actually like Pearl a lot :) Her YouTube videos this year have been delightful!

Has everyone met Roxanne?
https://youtu.be/Rs1PpCCkyEM

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

esperterra posted:

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 4: I'm Roxxxy Andrews and I'm here to make it clear. I know you love me, baby, that's why you brought me here. Was a bitch on season 5, I'm gonna make it right. Give me a sewing challenge and I'll give you what you like. I'm pulling tricks baby, just like on Halloween, a room full of monsters and it makes me wanna scream. I have to get this right so you don't waste your time. Not like my comedy, I'm killing on this rhyme!

I know we moved on past this but I need to make this joke anyway:

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 4: D to the E to the T to the O to the wait for it... EGGS.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

We'll never move past Read U Wrote U jokes imo

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Poulpe posted:

:catstare:

POWER ARMS DOES NOT MAKE A GOOD LIP SYNC

Yeah, Kennedy somehow has convinced people that she is a good dancer. Just look at any time when they try and have her do choreography, and she can't do poo poo. Throwing your arms spastically and doing a cartwheel every 30 seconds does not a good dancer make.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm getting major BBUK vibes for the "Meet the Queens" intros on YouTube, maybe it's the "let's take an axe to the ice block" thing.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, Kennedy somehow has convinced people that she is a good dancer. Just look at any time when they try and have her do choreography, and she can't do poo poo. Throwing your arms spastically and doing a cartwheel every 30 seconds does not a good dancer make.

But

she's

beautiful

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 4: I'm ready to post some poo poo, have some fun, smoke some weed, and love on my friends

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Shneak posted:

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars 4: I'm ready to post some poo poo, have some fun, smoke some weed, and love on my friends

drat, another good option (or any Jasmine quotes, to be honest).

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008
How can I watch All Stars 4 in the UK? Any UK goons know? Google is failing me.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Flossie posted:

How can I watch All Stars 4 in the UK? Any UK goons know? Google is failing me.

My pitiful Google fu suggests comedy central uk (sky 112) but I assume that’s a paid tv channel and not a streaming channel because sky are fuckos in Australia so not the best answer

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think I saw something about Netflix having the UK air rights for AS4, maybe?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I just want to say that whoever it was a couple of days ago that says that Drag Race seasons 2-7 is back on Netflix, you're a jerk for not saying that this was not the US. Because it's not there.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I could have sworn it was US. RIP.

idk I get seasons 1-10 and all of All-Stars and Untucked on OutTV GO lmbo get rekt non Canadian countries

We also got seasons 2 onward in HD from the go lol REKT!!!!

(for real tho it sucks the rights seem to keep bouncing around diff services in the States for some reason)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

esperterra posted:

I could have sworn it was US. RIP.

idk I get seasons 1-10 and all of All-Stars and Untucked on OutTV GO lmbo get rekt non Canadian countries

We also got seasons 2 onward in HD from the go lol REKT!!!!

(for real tho it sucks the rights seem to keep bouncing around diff services in the States for some reason)

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a clear answer to as why you can't watch any of the older seasons. The option to buy some of the seasons is there for $30 each, but I'm not about ready to do that given the fact that I've seen every season several times already when it was still available on Netflix in the US. I used to use a proxy to watch Netflix catalogues in other countries, but I hear they're really cracking down on that.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm just amazed VH1 doesn't have some way to watch their poo poo on demand. Or maybe they do and it's behind a cable provider.

At any rate with how hot Drag Race is right now you'd expect one of the big streaming services to have snatched it all up.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a clear answer to as why you can't watch any of the older seasons. The option to buy some of the seasons is there for $30 each, but I'm not about ready to do that given the fact that I've seen every season several times already when it was still available on Netflix in the US. I used to use a proxy to watch Netflix catalogues in other countries, but I hear they're really cracking down on that.

If you have a VPN and a little expendable cash, Wow Presents Plus is a great option. I connect to Argentina or whatever and have access to everything.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Zooqle.com

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I am rooting for Latrice to take it all. I think Manila might have a better shot at it though - I love Latrice, but I think her looks are on the whole a little weaker/less polished. I hope she just went around to every designer she knows to get a wardrobe for the gods.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

A God drat Ghost posted:

I am rooting for Latrice to take it all. I think Manila might have a better shot at it though - I love Latrice, but I think her looks are on the whole a little weaker/less polished. I hope she just went around to every designer she knows to get a wardrobe for the gods.

I think Latrice will be able to win, I saw her on heels of hell tour and her performance was the best (although Willam was a close second), she was hilarious and has so much personality.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread (or the forums at all, really) for a bit, but have y'all talked about Super Drags? Is it on Netflix in the USA? I got about ten minutes into it and gently caress me that is not a good show. Like, at all.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Trig Discipline posted:

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread (or the forums at all, really) for a bit, but have y'all talked about Super Drags? Is it on Netflix in the USA? I got about ten minutes into it and gently caress me that is not a good show. Like, at all.

Apparently it's a Brazilian show that got dubbed into English, voiced by our beloved American drag queens.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Above two posts have given me severe whiplash and now I don’t know what’s real anymore

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

It's a dub whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

But same, I stopped after 10 minutes.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I've seen people say Super Drags works better in the original Portuguese, and the people translating didn't adapt the humor well.

I have my doubts.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's bad. Probably less bad in the original language with original jokes and dialogue, but I doubt watching it in Portugese suddenly makes it good.

I don't find it offensive so much as lazy personally.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I am rooting hard for Latrice because she's talented, and in everything I've ever seen of her, she's also been a lovely person. I hope she shows all that on the show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My dream top 4 is Manila, Latrice, Trinity and Naomi. Ugh so many queens I'll be sad to see go tho.

Sidenote I pray Gia does a kabuki number for the talent show, assuming they do it a third time.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'd assume the Library/Talent Show/Snatch Game cycle in the first two eps are a given at this point. Let the Queens show off at first and then put them through the wringer.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

It's bad. Probably less bad in the original language with original jokes and dialogue, but I doubt watching it in Portugese suddenly makes it good.

I don't find it offensive so much as lazy personally.

I wasn't clutching my pearls about it or anything, but it waded into some fairly dicey territory in the only episode I watched. I think I'm actually pretty forgiving about transgressive humor if the joke lands well enough to make that trip worth it, but when the joke is a complete flop you have to wonder why the writers thought the risk was justified. In the case of Super Drags I think the intent in many cases might have been to make fun of outdated gay stereotypes, but when the "fun" part of that doesn't materialize you just get "lazily repeating and reinforcing outdated gay stereotypes", which ain't a show I care to watch.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Katya’s Room 104 episode aired last night! 👏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Kendra from Dragula had a horrible accident at one of her shows. If anyone wants to help her out, I think there are links on Instagram or FB for recovery :cry:

There are some squeamish images on her Instagram.

• Locked thread