Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FCKGW posted:

One says ham and one says leg. Leg of what? Who knows!

If it's long pig, it's worth the price.

Kind of surprising Costco would be the first to market long pig, but the timing really makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

My friend what do you think the ham is?

I honestly have no idea and thought it was a butt lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hey guys stop hamming it up in this thread :grin:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Huge_Midget posted:

Jamon Iberco de bellota is the cream of the crop of pork, basically the Wagyu of pigs. Black Iberian pigs are a heritage breed that are primarily raised free range in dehesas, old growth oak forests where they graze on acorns and chestnuts. It imparts an amazing nutty flavor to the meat, and the fat is silky and starts to melt at room temperature. It’s an absolutely amazing food, much like Japanese wagyu beef, and if you ever get a chance to try it do so.

and the $99 one is Jamon serrano: "ordinary cured ham"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FCKGW posted:

I mean it is but its pretty much the leg.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Olanphonia posted:

(One) of my local Costcos upped the game on the jamon iberico

drat I'm hoping one of my costcos has this so I can get myself a birthday gift next month. Where is your costco?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
OMG shaving off a bellota leg for your birthday is ridiculously opulent. I love it. Take pictures.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Olanphonia posted:

Please enjoy the secondary, serendipitous shot of the guy buying over 800 bottles of water. Probably because Amazon is coming to our area??

not to be judgemental or nothin, but what kind of frigid hellhole do you live in where your costco doesn't have skylights?

looks like a loving prison.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I frequent the ORIGINAL Price Club/Costco and even that place has skylights.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Olanphonia posted:

Please enjoy the secondary, serendipitous shot of the guy buying over 800 bottles of water. Probably because Amazon is coming to our area??

If my Costco had this instead of the regular one it would be at my house right now. This is the stuff.

I may be biased as I have actually been to the festival in Madrid for Jamon Iberico de Bellotta and I have supped at the hooves of the gods.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Powershift posted:

not to be judgemental or nothin, but what kind of frigid hellhole do you live in where your costco doesn't have skylights?

You should peep the San Diego Costco some time.
https://goo.gl/maps/6Ab7dJ96QPB2

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

So what kind of ketchup goes best with that fancy hog?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

You should peep the San Diego Costco some time.
https://goo.gl/maps/6Ab7dJ96QPB2

Thats where I get my gas mostly. It has skylights.

Been going there with my parents since I could only eat one hot dog. :grin:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
That Jamon is out of control.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Powershift posted:

Skylights? No costco I've ever been to has skylights.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bummey posted:

I'm well north of the 50th and on nice days they turn the lights off, having the store lit entirely by skylights.

There isn't enough man made light to match ti.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

That Jamon is out of control.

Buy one and invite 50 people over at $20 each. Get alcohol and the traditional jamon accoutrements (with the rest of the money) and eat the whole thing down to the bone. Break even having thrown an epic party.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
I went looking for the Jamon Serrano at my local Costco. They didn’t have it.

Sometimes the church tests your faith.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Hambulance posted:

I went looking for the Jamon Serrano at my local Costco. They didn’t have it.

Sometimes the church tests your faith.

username post combo

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I would never pay +$500 for some got drat ham. loving dorks.

I would pay $900 for a wheel of parmesan cheez tho.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
My Costcos don't have skylights. Is it common for stores (Costco or otherwise) to have skylights???

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

AWarmBody posted:

My Costcos don't have skylights. Is it common for stores (Costco or otherwise) to have skylights???

Pretty much every new one does, but I don't think they are retrofitting the old ones. Most of the new ones have solar panels on the roof too, at least in parts of the world where it makes sense.

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Goddamn you. I haven't been to Spain for a couple of months, and now I feel like I need to figure out how to get back there this year just so I can eat that glorious jamon.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

ITT I learned we buy animal legs for the price of a huge TV

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
All of the Costcos I've been to have had skylights and the one closest to my office and the one closest to my house have solar panels on the roof as well.

I would never [afford to] buy a $500 ham leg, can you get 50 servings out of that for a party? That'd still be 10 bucks a head. That prosciutto and other meats sampler thing costco sells is good and is a hit at a party and you could buy a pallets worth for $500.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
My local costco also doesn't have skylights. It's just a huge warehouse. Full of baller rear end 4k TVs and the craziest zero G massage chair I've ever seen.

Have you guys seen that poo poo? !

naem
May 29, 2011

Tim Whatley posted:

ITT I learned we buy animal legs for the price of a huge TV

I just like to look at pictures on the internet and then maybe buy some slightly fancy lunch meat in a packet for $10 and eat it off a paper plate in my lovely apt with a glass of Two Buck Chuck from Trader Joes

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

naem posted:

I just like to look at pictures on the internet and then maybe buy some slightly fancy lunch meat in a packet for $10 and eat it off a paper plate in my lovely apt with a glass of Two Buck Chuck from Trader Joes

Except the bottle is the glass

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Goin to the stco tonight gotta get that chicken bake

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
For those asking, that's the Costco in Pentagon City, VA. It also has the $99 serrano in a different part of the store. That Costco has also been known to sell whole lamb.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
No skylights, no fancy hams at mine, sherpa throws only in Queen, a very provincial Costco

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
I asked a very nice customer service person at my Costco if they were getting the Jambon Serrano. He told me they had none on order, but I could go to the King of Prussia store and get one. They apparently have 41 left.

I know what I'm doing on Saturday! :yayclod:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

Yellow or deli style mustard?
Yellow.

binge crotching posted:

It had better be proper deli/brown mustard or he's dead to me
Two reasons.
- Yellow is classic American as gently caress.
- Costco's Deli/Brown isn't anything special.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

The Hambulance posted:

I asked a very nice customer service person at my Costco if they were getting the Jambon Serrano. He told me they had none on order, but I could go to the King of Prussia store and get one. They apparently have 41 left.

I know what I'm doing on Saturday! :yayclod:

Document that poo poo for posterity! What's the point of opulence if you can't brag about it?

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018

Good Dog posted:

All of the Costcos I've been to have had skylights and the one closest to my office and the one closest to my house have solar panels on the roof as well.

I would never [afford to] buy a $500 ham leg, can you get 50 servings out of that for a party? That'd still be 10 bucks a head. That prosciutto and other meats sampler thing costco sells is good and is a hit at a party and you could buy a pallets worth for $500.

Where I live you can get the nice poo poo by the pound (or whatever weight you want). Might be another option if you wanted some but not into paying that kind of money.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bummey posted:

Same. Here in Wisconsin it'd be very dangerous because snow can pile up very high on roofs. That can crash through the skylights.

FCKGW posted:

Pork butt is pork shoulder.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 15, 2018

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Same. Here in Wisconsin it'd be very dangerous because snow can pile up very high on roofs. That's crash through the skylights.

We have skylights in both Costcos I frequent, and I live in goddamned Canada, so there’s no excuse! Get your poo poo together, Pewaukee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's a new one in Kenosha. Maybe opened 2 years. So they probably just didn't want to deal with that possibility.

I trust the Costco ways.