Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Guillermus posted:

^^^^ Wait, does it work with shotguns? Because I have a few Super90's and saigas laying on the stash that would work then switch to the MDR for murder.

Shame about the FAL. I should have been semi auto instead of burst and be better than it is now (I've never seen anyone using it at all).

Sentry is drat fun. Once I got a few proper weapons I tried it during summer and is a blast on group play, not so much for soloing around but hey, not all sets can be as cool as Tactician :torgue:

It works with any gun where one button press = one shot (burst fire would be one = 3). I tried it with shotguns before, it’s not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Wow after grinding missions for 2 days I finally got 6pc classified Deadeye and Strikers. I was getting Strikers backpacks and gloves all day long. Was about to give up and I finally bought one more pack for 1500 and got the final piece I needed, a Striker chest. Amherst with a good team is definitely the fastest way to get credits (if you bypass the beginning and 2nd stage).

Radiohead71 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 26, 2018

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How does the bypass work?

I got 6pc Striker too and is there a good balance of Firearms / Stamina / Electronics I should aim for? I have a House and a decent LMG but do I want shotguns instead of either of those?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Shumagorath posted:

Run past it

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

I got 6pc Striker too and is there a good balance of Firearms / Stamina / Electronics I should aim for? I have a House and a decent LMG but do I want shotguns instead of either of those?

Everything but sniper rifles and pump shotguns work with Strikers.

Classified Strikers builds generally revolve around how much you want to rely on the health regen. 9k Stamina and full stacks will give you a ton of survivability in PVE and if you put everything else into Firearms (ignore Electronics completely) your firepower will still be really high with stacks.

6k Stamina and the rest into Firearms gives you a lot less survivability but a lot more firepower. You won’t be laughing off damage but you will be downing enemies faster.

You can also get Stamina between 6k and 9k if you feel like you need more health and regen (the Strikers regen is % based so more health gives a greater benefit even if you don’t hit the next Stamina milestone) but don’t want to give up all your Firearms.

You can also ignore all that and just do whatever because it’s really hard to go wrong with Strikers in PVE simply because of your potential damage output and no matter what you’ll always be regenerating some health as long as you have at least 3k Stamina.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

7k/6k/3k strikers represent. I have a 4k/9k/3k and feels way worse in damage output. Even MarcoStyle ran 7k/6k on pvp but he's a proper pvp sperg and I suck at it.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

Have someone pop the shield superpower (sorry don't know what it's called) and run past all the beginning enemies. You can also run down the hill on the 2nd stage once it is open (into the door where the ammo crate and health pack are downstairs). Just be aware that enemies will sometimes be behind you at times. Not an issue with a good team.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Shumagorath posted:

House owns owns owns with Striker. Make sure you roll chc/chd/smg damage on your gloves.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Finally completed the Talon shield. Funny thing, I somehow got the underground Penalty Killer (kill 5 hunters in a group of 4) and Tier One (finish 5 directive mission in a group of 4) commendations when only playing in a group of 3. The only thing I can think of is we did have 4 guys, but one guy left before we got on the train. I didn't count how many hunters showed up.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Here's the schedule for November. Fang shield is complete all Legendary mission missions, not retroactive. No devblog until the end of the month. No Division 2 Dark Zone info until December.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I tried survival for the first time about a week ago and now its all I play. The base game is so solid, I was hesitant about trying a mode with no persistence but this is by far the best 'battle royale' experience I've had. I'm not really into PvP in these types of games so having the PvE option is great.

Question: It seems that I always spawn in the stuyvesant neighborhood. Is that the only spawn location or are there others?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Severed posted:

I tried survival for the first time about a week ago and now its all I play. The base game is so solid, I was hesitant about trying a mode with no persistence but this is by far the best 'battle royale' experience I've had. I'm not really into PvP in these types of games so having the PvE option is great.

Question: It seems that I always spawn in the stuyvesant neighborhood. Is that the only spawn location or are there others?

There are others around the edge of the entire map. No idea what controls it if it’s not random chance, but I’m pretty sure it is.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Severed posted:

You'll always spawnn on the west, south, or east perimeter but there's a limit. For the west side it's all the way up in Clinton and the limit for the Eastside is near where the FDR terminates. It's kind of a shame that the Northeast area of the map is wasted because it's not really worth it to search that area for resources when you can get everything else farther south.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Roman posted:

not retroactive.

i get why this is but I still think it sucks

Kibayasu posted:

There are others around the edge of the entire map. No idea what controls it if it’s not random chance, but I’m pretty sure it is.

Yeah, this is what I think too. I've been unable to determine any pattern for spawn location in survival other than always being alone (or if in a group, only your group) in your initial safehouse. But they also clustered spawn safehouses together so I've definitely walked out the door and walked like 3 paces and seen someone else immediately, at which point I'll go the other way if pve or shoot them if pvp :v:

I have no idea if pvp has different spawn rules than pve survival, either, but I'm guessing not.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 5, 2018

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I also love survival and would enjoy playing with others over VoIP, if I can find the time. I'll have to hop on the discord and look into it. Theres no such as thing as being under leveled for it, by design, right?

Say what you might about ubisoft open world games but I'm legitimately invested in this snowy NYC setting and am glad they've put in an end game / endless mode I enjoy, so I can continue playing even after recreating the ending of Lethal Enforcers.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Psion posted:

i get why this is but I still think it sucks
Well they wanted people to actually play the game at some point. If you're a vet, the 3 shields after that are just logging in and opening a cache.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Jack B Nimble posted:

I also love survival and would enjoy playing with others over VoIP, if I can find the time. I'll have to hop on the discord and look into it. Theres no such as thing as being under leveled for it, by design, right?

Say what you might about ubisoft open world games but I'm legitimately invested in this snowy NYC setting and am glad they've put in an end game / endless mode I enjoy, so I can continue playing even after recreating the ending of Lethal Enforcers.

Yeah the Survival mode is so good that it could even stand alone as its own game. The formula is almost perfect. It'd be a shame if they don't include this mode in the sequel. If they do include it, I really hope they don't change it too much.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Haven't played Division since shortly after Survival came out, I reckon from the thread that it's in a good place right now?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

az posted:

Haven't played Division since shortly after Survival came out, I reckon from the thread that it's in a good place right now?
Yeah, there's some links in the OP that show why, but basically it's fun now with lots of stuff to do. Even the people who slacked off are probably going to be playing again tomorrow because of the Shield event (it gives you stuff in Division 2) where you have to play all of the missions on Legendary mode, so it's a good time to start playing again.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Roman posted:

Yeah, there's some links in the OP that show why, but basically it's fun now with lots of stuff to do. Even the people who slacked off are probably going to be playing again tomorrow because of the Shield event (it gives you stuff in Division 2) where you have to play all of the missions on Legendary mode, so it's a good time to start playing again.

Definately. From tomorrow I'll be spamming all legendaries not only for the shield but because I need birdbux to change some weapon perks around.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Guillermus posted:

Definately. From tomorrow I'll be spamming all legendaries not only for the shield but because I need birdbux to change some weapon perks around.
Anyone on PS4 please invite psn angryavatar and lets try and get a group together. I just played with the dumbest randoms alive who thought they could all huddle where the enemies spawn at the end of grand central. worthless.

also randoms don't know that the giant green circle that heals them and gives them constant ammo and cooldowns is a good place to stand in

Roman fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 9, 2018

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Roman posted:

Anyone on PS4 please invite psn angryavatar and lets try and get a group together. I just played with the dumbest randoms alive who thought they could all huddle where the enemies spawn at the end of grand central. worthless.

also randoms don't know that the giant green circle that heals them and gives them constant ammo and cooldowns is a good place to stand in

I'd be glad to help bang these out, but I recently moved to Asia so the time difference and my ping might be a problem! I probably won't be available from 11:00-19:00 EST, but I'm also still unemployed so I can adjust my sleep schedule. Pretty sure we're still friends (PSN is Seul-Luna). We can probably rope in Jose Oquendo, too.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Shoren posted:

I'd be glad to help bang these out, but I recently moved to Asia so the time difference and my ping might be a problem! I probably won't be available from 11:00-19:00 EST, but I'm also still unemployed so I can adjust my sleep schedule. Pretty sure we're still friends (PSN is Seul-Luna). We can probably rope in Jose Oquendo, too.
Cool. I'm EST time zone and have no plans tomorrow night. I think that's it for me tonight though, that last session pissed me off

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roman posted:

Cool. I'm EST time zone and have no plans tomorrow night. I think that's it for me tonight though, that last session pissed me off

I'll be on tonight. I need to finish out 3 more legendaries but I'll run whatever you need.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
There must be something I don't get about PvP. Is gear score exponential? Last night we ran into a Dark Zone level 99 guy who took us out 3v1 despite all of us focusing fire. He'd go down to zero health, bounce right back to 100% then be essentially unkillable despite all of us firing at once. One of us has full 6pc Striker and House / Big Al and the other with 4pc Lone Star / 2pc Nomad (not great admittedly) with Big Al / Showstopper. Two of us are GS 281-284 and our third is ~265 while this guy was 294 or something.

I get that at lvl 99 this is probably all the guy does but I'm baffled that he output more damage and tanked better than three people when two of us have close to top-end gear.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Shumagorath posted:

He'd go down to zero health, bounce right back to 100% then be essentially unkillable despite all of us firing at once.

Sounds like he had a classified Nomad set on. When hitting zero HP once, you automatically get revived to full health, and when solo there's a chance that this ability will have no cooldown. On top of that, when the revival procs, they get a massive damage resistance buff for a short time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

There must be something I don't get about PvP. Is gear score exponential? Last night we ran into a Dark Zone level 99 guy who took us out 3v1 despite all of us focusing fire. He'd go down to zero health, bounce right back to 100% then be essentially unkillable despite all of us firing at once. One of us has full 6pc Striker and House / Big Al and the other with 4pc Lone Star / 2pc Nomad (not great admittedly) with Big Al / Showstopper. Two of us are GS 281-284 and our third is ~265 while this guy was 294 or something.

I get that at lvl 99 this is probably all the guy does but I'm baffled that he output more damage and tanked better than three people when two of us have close to top-end gear.

The 6 piece Nomad bonus gives the 4 piece full heal bonus a 60% damage resistance for 10(?) seconds, and a 50% chance for the heal/resist to have no cooldown each time it triggers if you aren't in a group. It's a decent chance to have 2, 3, or even 4 "lives," so that combined with Recovery Link (another free life) and medkits for instant healing when those run out and you have a lot of potential health to get through, with what is what I'm assuming were weapons/armor not built for PVP.

To use some random examples, if you have Destructive/Ferocious/Predatory on your gun - talents that are good to have in PVE - but the Rogue has Responsive, Vicious, and Deadly that is a ton more damage that he'll be putting out compared to you. If you have Enemy Armor Damage and Damage vs Elites on your mask but the Rogue has Crit Chance and Burn Resistance that's a bit more damage that he can both dish out and take in that you can't.

In Division PVP a lot of small things add up into one big thing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Thanks for the tips. I rerolled Destructive for Deadly and Predatory for Responsive so while my sustain has taken a hit I should be ripping through everything once I hit 6pc Lone Star.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

Thanks for the tips. I rerolled Destructive for Deadly and Predatory for Responsive so while my sustain has taken a hit I should be ripping through everything once I hit 6pc Lone Star.

Well, like I said, in PVE those armor/elite damage talents are the ones you want so if you want to take that same Lone Star to an incursion or legendary mission then you’ll want a weapon for that. And if you’re going somewhere solo or without a healer then solo healing like Predatory is still important.

Basically have builds for seeking out or responding to PVP and others for PVE.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

This video does an excellent job of explaining the difference in PVP vs PVE gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt95teOYo_0&list=PLYp9S7XPW21VQs6DqUdzvVTGfFM-9lcyZ

I only have a PVE build, but have been farming the DZ a lot lately. Haven't seen any Rogues, but if I do I plan on dying.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I have a 6pc DeadEYE set with +dmg to Elites through the roof so that ought to cover me for PvE even if it's boring compared to Lone Star.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Not playing as much as a few months ago but I'm loving my Sentry build. Everyone loves the damage buff more so when is the drat hunter on legendaries left.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I love Sentry's call. I was doing the legendary missions for the shield last week and had a goon and then another guy later with it. We just tore through that poo poo. I'd rather have that person in the party than a dedicated healer.

Also if you're playing this on PS4, the gold edition is 18 bucks on the PSN store. If you don't have the DLC it's not a bad deal at all.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I got Fang done pretty quickly and without much pain.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the durability of Hunters? It really feels like the hunters have variable amounts of health or defense because the one at say Amherst's apartment is spongy as hell but totally killable.

I did UN Assembly last and the hunter there took like 3-4 minutes of literally my entire group just surrounding him at near pointblank range emptying every skill and bullet we had into its head. I ran out of ammo. Granted I think 2 people were reclaimer sets or something- I was pretty much invincible. I just stood in front of the hunter and ate his melee when he wasn't stunned or blinded or shocked or on fire. I should've recorded it. It really was just 4 people emptying fully autos at like a 10 foot range into his face while he stood there CC'd for minutes.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Global Event Onslaught is active

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1956494-Global-Event-6-Onslaught-Returns!

We're getting a Division 2 dev block next week on the 29th. Division 2 Dark Zone info coming in December

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Fabricated posted:

I got Fang done pretty quickly and without much pain.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the durability of Hunters? It really feels like the hunters have variable amounts of health or defense because the one at say Amherst's apartment is spongy as hell but totally killable.

I did UN Assembly last and the hunter there took like 3-4 minutes of literally my entire group just surrounding him at near pointblank range emptying every skill and bullet we had into its head. I ran out of ammo. Granted I think 2 people were reclaimer sets or something- I was pretty much invincible. I just stood in front of the hunter and ate his melee when he wasn't stunned or blinded or shocked or on fire. I should've recorded it. It really was just 4 people emptying fully autos at like a 10 foot range into his face while he stood there CC'd for minutes.

The hunters in those legendary missions do have a lot of life, but it sounds like there might have been something bugged on that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose Oquendo posted:

The hunters in those legendary missions do have a lot of life, but it sounds like there might have been something bugged on that.
To give you an idea we melted the full 4-man LMB squad that came with him almost instantly in comparison.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Roman posted:

Global Event Onslaught is active

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1956494-Global-Event-6-Onslaught-Returns!

We're getting a Division 2 dev block next week on the 29th. Division 2 Dark Zone info coming in December

Great! Gotta renew PS Plus for the $40 special so I can knock out the legendaries and this will help.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I realized I had a small pile of freebie cypher keys and I have upped my goggle game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
Had a real good survival session going: had purples dropping consistently, plenty of meds and crafting materials, etc. Made it into the dark zone, started wiping out veteran enemies everywhere, crafted a sweet high-end sniper with acog/heavy spring mag. Was one-shotting regular enemies, taking down vets with ease. Still had 40 minutes left and 2 syringes so I decided to go take on a few elites. Got caught in the open and was shot down before I could deploy my healing skill. I waited for a few minutes for a helpful pubbie to revive me but no luck.

It sure is easy to get overconfident, especially with the modifier active.