Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Ohma is already dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Ohma is already dead

An interesting take.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You foolish boy, you weren't supposed to burn three flashbacks in a coma! Now you're definitely gonna get Ashita no Joe'd!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hmm, I was thinking it would be Ohma to be the guy to get substituted, not in the upcoming match, but in the semifinals. Either Muteba or Wakatsuki would brutalize their opponent, and I believe the tactical mind of Kazzy would be unwilling to let that happen to Ohma before the finals, especially after what happened with Raian. I wasn’t expecting Cosmo to get substituted, but it kinda fits, assuming it actually happens. If Cosmo doesn’t fight here, he’ll a) be totally unharmed, and b) not have a fight after powering up. This would make him the prime candidate to act as an Ohma sub in the semifinals. It also opens up the unique possibility of a Cosmo vs Wakatsuki fight, which kinda seems like something that should happen. I want Muteba to win, though I gotta admit Wakatsuki has a lot of plot power, and it would be his certain victory to me if Cosmo can’t fight here.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm starting to think Cosmo might end up as the vessel for Tiger and that's the reason Long Min disappeared so suddenly

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ngl I was really hoping that the Vessel for the Tiger was Kazzy, not Ohma.

Ohma is definitely gonna use the power of Martial Arts to heal his vague wounds that the evil martial arts he was using before caused. I don't see him pulling an Ashita no Joe, it doesn't fit the tone of the series.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Ohma has been at enough of a remove from everyone character-wise that I could see him going out fighting but winning in the process.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like that Muteba's playing dumb to his involvement in putting down the coup

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestonJew posted:

Muteba's a tsundere too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah, that's my favorite little thing about this chapter. Muteba Fucks, but also Cares.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

Seeing as how nobody dies and there is supposed to be a sequel probably not

That doesn't mean anything the sequel could be about Rihito or Jerry Tyson.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Electric Phantasm posted:

That doesn't mean anything the sequel could be about Rihito or Jerry Tyson.

The sequel is just a bunch of really detailed splash pages of our good American gently caress Boy kicking Murder Cop's balls over and over.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
You are all missing the most important part: Gaolang singing and Saw Paing cheering him on. Friendship officially back on!

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
i feel like Ohma's probably gonna die just because its like foreshadowing his death is half his character

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ohma's death seems really likely but we have a doctor that can bring himself back from death, and a 2nd doctor somewhere on the island that has enough medical knowledge to almost instantly come up with a cure for a deadly virus created by the first doctor. Ohma has a decent chance of surviving Anime Blood Coughing Syndrome with characters like that around

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Your Parents posted:

i feel like Ohma's probably gonna die just because its like foreshadowing his death is half his character

You fool, that's exactly why he can never die. It's the zeno's paradox of death flags, just like Jinbei in One Piece!

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

CharlestonJew posted:

Ohma's death seems really likely but we have a doctor that can bring himself back from death, and a 2nd doctor somewhere on the island that has enough medical knowledge to almost instantly come up with a cure for a deadly virus created by the first doctor. Ohma has a decent chance of surviving Anime Blood Coughing Syndrome with characters like that around

Bando is going to be the one that ultimately comes up with the cure and then he's going to make up with the university head.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

Seeing as how nobody dies and there is supposed to be a sequel probably not

The series is gonna end with Ohma in a coma again and then we'll see that in his mind he's fighting himself and trying to beat his failing organs back into shape.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

The series is gonna end with Ohma in a coma again and then we'll see that in his mind he's fighting himself and trying to beat his failing organs back into shape.

Crossover with Hataraku Saibou?

EDIT: Now I want to see a Kengan Tournament of all the various types of cells on Hataraku Saibou.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Haruo getting to see his Himalayan Tribe again was cool

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 182

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Eriowns

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I love the depictions of the fighters/ceos/etc.

However this is further nails that Ohma WILL die at the end of this.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AtomikKrab posted:

I love the depictions of the fighters/ceos/etc.

However this is further nails that Ohma WILL die at the end of this.

Yeah, Ashita no Ohma ending pretty much confirmed.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Even Black Jack is on the Kure's side. Also, Bando getting a monitor is cute.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I kind of wanted one of the fighters to get injured enough in the coup that they'd have to replace one and leave the spectators wondering why.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's what you get for kicking Haruo after he lost his fight.

And what's the thing in Ashita no Joe you guys keep referring to, I'm blanking for some reason.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This image is like, the ending of Ashita no Joe.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I just started reading this and its bad rear end, but is the annihilation tournament at least wrapped up by the time the manga gets current? Im gonna be really bummed if this arc is still going by the time I get caught up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Meme Emulator posted:

I just started reading this and its bad rear end, but is the annihilation tournament at least wrapped up by the time the manga gets current? Im gonna be really bummed if this arc is still going by the time I get caught up.

Pretty sure the tournament is the entire series.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

This series is 99% tournament arc.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Meme Emulator posted:

The manga is finished and wrapped up, the tournament is the last major arc

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

tweet my meat posted:

The manga is finished and wrapped up, the tournament is the last major arc

Oh there goes my dream of an international Kengan tournament arc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

This image is like, the ending of Ashita no Joe.

Oh duh, I'm a loving moron.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh there goes my dream of an international Kengan tournament arc

The manga is getting a sequel so there might be another one.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Serious Face Kaz is p cool.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Judgement Kazzy :hellyeah:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Are Raian and Setsuna the only fighters not watching the end?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jose posted:

Are Raian and Setsuna the only fighters not watching the end?

at least that we haven't been shown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its cool how rather than Ohma change through his friendship with kazzy into becoming a real person Kazzy has fixed all the problems with himself through it instead