Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

enojy posted:

Conveniently leaving out the part that it's referring to the sexuality of the two de facto cartoon mascots of a Nintendo game that tens of thousands of children play.

BAN THIS SICK FILTH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I really hope that the final Splatfest is something political and actually divisive that destroys millions of friendships.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

Finally, a religion I can get behind.

Tithe to archive.org

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

As an asexual, I believe that video game characters should have the right to date whoever they want.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I really hope that the final Splatfest is something political and actually divisive that destroys millions of friendships.

Skub v Anti-Skub

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

We all know Mario and Luigi are incesting it up.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

CYBEReris posted:

describing girls loving girls as "loving" as if that's the be-all and end-all of a sapphic relationship in a tone indistinguishable from queerphobes trying to pass off as tolerant is the real creepy imo

Ahh yesss the timeless 'the real creeps are the people who are NOT talking at lengths about the romantic affairs of young cartoon characters in a video game console thread" defense.

I have been thoroughly felled

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Gripweed posted:

BAN THIS SICK FILTH!

Oh my god, I never noticed that :kimchi:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

enojy posted:

Conveniently leaving out the part that it's referring to the sexuality of the two de facto cartoon mascots of a Nintendo game that tens of thousands of children play.

There are straight relationships portrayed in children's media all the time. But if it's gay people, suddenly it's creepy?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

We all know Mario and Luigi are incesting it up.
you know incest is a trigger for a lot of sexual assault survivors right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KingSlime posted:

Ahh yesss the timeless 'the real creeps are the people who are NOT talking at lengths about the romantic affairs of young cartoon characters in a video game console thread" defense.

Just....stop digging man you are not making yourself look good. Kind of creepy really.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bowmore posted:

you know incest is a trigger for a lot of sexual assault survivors right?

Why do you think Luigi is so timid all the time?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ok this incest angle is creepy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:yikes:

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I like how in your response you just repeat doing the exact thing I was criticizing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Skub v Anti-Skub

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

xarph posted:

Tithe to archive.org

Also The Dumping Union. Despite what people say, not everything has been archived and there really are games in danger of being lost. Magnetic media is degrading and there are arcade titles out there with no known fully working examples left.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

There are straight relationships portrayed in children's media all the time. But if it's gay people, suddenly it's creepy?

"stop shoving your sexuality down our throats!!" yells the pearl-clutching straight person, wearing their wedding ring and having 2.5 kids

Weedle
May 31, 2006

KingSlime posted:

You don’t have to talk about it but yeah it is weird to be like “ewww!” at the mention of a same-sex relationship

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cats vs. dogs rematch.:argh:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Weedle posted:

You don’t have to talk about it but yeah it is weird to be like “ewww!” at the mention of a same-sex relationship

What? This has absolutely nothing to do with same sex relations and everything to do with this thread constantly getting horny af over otherwise innocent media

Adults fawning over the sexuality of fictional cartoons in a space very much not dedicated to that will always be weird to me

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Steak Sauce v Ketchup

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
When did Mike Pence and posters being homophobes come into this??

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Over There posted:

When did Mike Pence and posters being homophobes come into this??

The posted that started this.

The one about how talking about gays couples being inherently creepy.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

KingSlime posted:

What? This has absolutely nothing to do with same sex relations and everything to do with this thread constantly getting horny af over otherwise innocent media

Adults fawning over the sexuality of fictional cartoons in a space very much not dedicated to that will always be weird to me

I think a lot of people are just happy to see representation of something they relate to. It wasn't very horny. I would say you are the one being horny here, horny about your bad opinion, haha.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh god, I lost about 1.5 hours to Metroid when I should've been grading papers. I guess these grades are going to have to count for the next semester instead of this one :shrug:.

Metroid's awesome. I don't know what's going on and I was dying constantly but I got an energy tank and just enough missiles to open doors, which led me to eventually finding a long-range blaster, which was a game-changer, and ball Samus bombs, which led to my second elevator. I'm trying to be very meticulous about where I've been as I hit tunnels but I may have to check a map online eventually (you know I ain't drawing one). I know of two elevators going somewhere and have found at least two spots I can't move forward in until I get another upgrade.

It's giving me the best feelings I haven't felt since Hollow Knight, I say this knowing well that HK is just a copy of this the very first Metroid game that I've never ever played before.

It's really really good.

The other games that came this month are dumb and pointless, but it's all worth it for Metroid.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

All this over Pearl saying "gently caress"...

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

You should probably quote that post so it doesn't look like you're making stuff up

The Silver Snail posted:

I think a lot of people are just happy to see representation of something they relate to. It wasn't very horny. I would say you are the one being horny here, horny about your bad opinion, haha.

Holy poo poo a genuine good faith response. Ok yeah I can see where you're coming from with that. I'm pretty snippy with annoying fandom poo poo in general so I didn't think about that angle

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I keep buying the switch versions of multiplat games even though its usually at a lower resolution/frame rate because I love laying down somewhere comfy and playing in handheld mode.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

CharlestheHammer posted:

That never happened

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

KingSlime posted:

"Representation is terrible and creepy, also every time someone says two people are in a relationship my brain jumps straight to picturing the two of them shacking up, so everyone else must do the same thing and that's weird and creepy"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Over There posted:

That never happened

It did happen actually though I forgot to put in the word cartoon.

It doesn’t really matter except to that one weirdo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Steak Sauce v Ketchup

Yeah i refuse to choose

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can always tell some idiots are ruining the thread when it has more posts than USPOL.

Cool it people

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

KingSlime posted:

You should probably quote that post so it doesn't look like you're making stuff up

Over There posted:

That never happened

KingSlime posted:

You guys are probably pretty drat creepy irl, the hell was that last page??

Be cool

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Barudak posted:

Yeah i refuse to choose

On steak*

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I can always tell some idiots are ruining the thread when it has more posts than USPOL.

Cool it people

we can talk about weapon breakage again if you really want

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Weapon breakage is cool and good

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

drat, this thread owns and definitely isn't full of idiots desperately trying to paint each other in the worst light they can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Elderbean posted:

I keep buying the switch versions of multiplat games even though its usually at a lower resolution/frame rate because I love laying down somewhere comfy and playing in handheld mode.

Same even though I have a decent PC. I play mostly on TV but it’s still awesome to just have the option to play portably on the same save.