Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I... had no ideas HIV or AIDS was a thing? Was that the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lid posted:

The rumour was that he was retiring due to contracting HIV. I think the actual story was a really serious knee injury.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
As far as I know, the transition from 2.0 to 3.0 was just a CHIKARA story where they went from losing every match as 2.0, pretended to be the Badd Boyz and won all their matches in denim jackets, then came out as 3.0 and got a push in CHIKARA as a bigger deal for a while (Until they stopped being used by Quack)

Seeing them get a pinfall against the BDK at the time (Claudio and Tursas) was monumental because of how built up the stable was at the time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

IIRC Biff Busick said on a podcast in 2013 he would have liked to have faced HT (who had been mostly-retired at that point from 2010 on) and said an HIV diagnosis was the reason for the retirement. Even if it had been the case, nobody but HT should have been the one to make that public, certainly not Biff

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Oney Lorcan is his name.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My only wrestling hot take is Biff Busick is a better/more entertaining name than Oney Lorcan

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oney Lorca’s sounds like he’d be a wrestler in his 50s from 1971 and his finisher is a snapmare

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

RIP David Arquette

coconono posted:

I remember when I saw Chikara live for the first time, 3.0 did a cuss and the entire theater booed them

watch your lang-uage (clap, clap, clapclapclap)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
all i recall about 3.0 is the chubbier one constantly complaining about having to wrestle women (or maybe just watch womens wrestling)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

LobsterMobster posted:

all i recall about 3.0 is the chubbier one constantly complaining about having to wrestle women (or maybe just watch womens wrestling)

Yeah Shsne thinks woman's wrestling sucks

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the dude lives in a fuckin cabin in the woods, what the gently caress does he know?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i dont think people are ready for how seriously arquette is going to take this if they let him lol

also really hope fatu makes the most of this and can break out hes really cool, ktb is a good match for him

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

i dont think people are ready for how seriously arquette is going to take this if they let him lol

also really hope fatu makes the most of this and can break out hes really cool, ktb is a good match for him

only problem i have is KTB and Fatu are almost too similar, but yeah I hope Fatu does good and gets more bookings in the US. Specially like PWG. Kind of crazy WWE hasn't tried snatching him up already.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jacob Fatu is very good, I've watched him for a few years at APW and he's gotten a lot better. If he gets a shot in PWG he's got the potential to be a breakout star. There's not many guys who move like him at that size. He and Cobb put on some good matches and drat near shook the APW ring apart.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DavidArquette/status/1062524502607720448

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

mdk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
David Arquette ... always good?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wow it’s literally the dream I had where I had a match coming up with Nick Gage and had no idea what to do except I wasn’t David Arquette in it

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

that David Arquette tweet made me laugh my loving rear end off tbh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Jacob Fatu is very good, I've watched him for a few years at APW and he's gotten a lot better. If he gets a shot in PWG he's got the potential to be a breakout star. There's not many guys who move like him at that size. He and Cobb put on some good matches and drat near shook the APW ring apart.

Meltzer wrote a bizarro note outta nowhere in the Observer about Jacob being one to watch/sign in the last months. I assume Court Bauer fed it to him as he's tight with Samoans and Meltzer.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
david arquette beat the undertaker he'll be fine

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Meltzer wrote a bizarro note outta nowhere in the Observer about Jacob being one to watch/sign in the last months. I assume Court Bauer fed it to him as he's tight with Samoans and Meltzer.

Or he frequently works a promotion near Dave and is actually good?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Janela booked Luke Perry's son
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1062819241727025152
http://toofab.com/2017/01/17/meet-90210-alum-luke-perrys-wrestler-son-jungle-boy-nate-coy-photos/

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
e I'm dumb I assumed the non Tony deppen guy was just Joey even though his leg fell off

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Carrot Top looking good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Janella probably tried to book Carrot Top since he's trained and jacked but Top's asking price is too high.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Janela announced that 25% of all PPV revenue ($14 on Fite https://www.fite.tv/watch/joey-janelas-la-confidential/2oc7w/) will be donated to families of the victims of the Thousand Oaks shooting through partnership with the Ventura County Community Foundation

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
oh, dip

https://twitter.com/CloonProduction/status/1062165206888079361

I didn't realize this thing was gonna be at SPACE, the Mucha Lucha Atlanta venue (I was contacted by this McAloon guy and I recommended Espacio Discotheque as a possible spot). SPACE fuckin rules. Hope to see some of y'all at this thing, even though I realize that Atlanta, the weekend of the Superbowl is gonna be a tremendous clusterfuck.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope Jungle Boy and Jacob Fatu impress everyone. They're both pretty good but like only work Cali indies that aren't PWG

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

LobsterMobster posted:

Hope to see some of y'all at this thing, even though I realize that Atlanta, the weekend of the Superbowl is gonna be a tremendous clusterfuck.
This sounds cool and it’s sweet that you picked the venue but the scheduling of the show is insanely stupid

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Boco_T posted:

This sounds cool and it’s sweet that you picked the venue but the scheduling of the show is insanely stupid

Look, if this is what gives us Gronk vs Kikutaro, I'm fine with it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chris James 2 posted:

Janela announced that 25% of all PPV revenue ($14 on Fite https://www.fite.tv/watch/joey-janelas-la-confidential/2oc7w/) will be donated to families of the victims of the Thousand Oaks shooting through partnership with the Ventura County Community Foundation

drat thats pretty cool. i haven't done anything on fite.tv, two questions; do they have chromecast support? also, are replays generally the same price as the live event? just wondering, ive got work saturday morning so i don't exactly want to stay up and potentially doze off and miss people going through plates of glass. i can say i'm at a point where i feel comfortable spending 14 dollars to occasionally watch joey janela's hosed up dreams become reality, and i'm happy for it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

drat thats pretty cool. i haven't done anything on fite.tv, two questions; do they have chromecast support? also, are replays generally the same price as the live event? just wondering, ive got work saturday morning so i don't exactly want to stay up and potentially doze off and miss people going through plates of glass. i can say i'm at a point where i feel comfortable spending 14 dollars to occasionally watch joey janela's hosed up dreams become reality, and i'm happy for it.

They do have Chromecast support, and according to the site page you can order the event before showtime tomorrow and get unlimited replays included in the order, so not watching live won't be an issue (I've always ordered before showtime so I don't know if that's still the case after the event already airs, or if it is but there's a price difference or limited replays, etc)

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So yeah

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I don't know who the Green Phantom is, but I think he might die.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MrBling posted:

I don't know who the Green Phantom is, but I think he might die.

He's IWS' necro/gage/tremont etc.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am legit excited for Jack Swagger to put on a 1.5 star classic with Nick Aldi's for the NWA title.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I am legit excited for Jack Swagger to put on a 1.5 star classic with Nick Aldi's for the NWA title.

Yeah that sounds pretty dire

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Malcolm Excellent posted:

lucha underground champion jack swagger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm trying to decide if seeing people I like beat Aldis for the title only to lose it back to him a few weeks later or Aldis beating people I like is a worse experience.