Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spreadsheet updated. Time to update your country.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

AJ_Impy posted:

Spreadsheet updated. Time to update your country.

This is neat but inaction is waaaay undercosted

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Hopefully the wording is clear.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 5, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

TheChirurgeon posted:

This is neat but inaction is waaaay undercosted

2 more mana nets you Flame Wave which also hits the player with +1 damage to everything. 1 damage to opponent creatures plus a rider is 2 mana. 3 damage to all is 3 mana, frequently with a rider (Anger of the Gods, Sweltering Suns) Bonfire of the Damned for 5 mana is 2 damage to creatures and players or 4 damage if miraculous, and variable effects are usually less efficient. 5 mana seemed to be the sweet spot.

Edit:

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 5, 2018

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I'm gonna sit this one out until at least Wednesday so I know how much despair to be in. Now back to chain-refreshing 538.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Looks like we've got a split Congress again. Which means it's time to buckle in for two years full of...

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Placeholders

Popular Vote UW
Enchantment
Whenever a vote is called, starting with you, each player may tap any number of creatures. For each creature they tapped this way, that player may add one vote for the side of their choice.

Oppressive Bureaucracy 4UW
Council's Dilemma - at the end of each player's precombat main phase, starting with you, each player votes for war or peace. If peace wins, skip that player's combat phase. If the results are tied, then creatures that attack this turn do not untap during their next untap phase.

This one probably needs fewer words
Budgetary Negotiations BBWW
Council's Dilemma - Starting with you, each player votes for balance or deficit. If balance wins, Each player chooses a number of lands they control equal to the number of lands controlled by the player who controls the fewest, then sacrifices the rest, then players discard cards and sacrifice creatures the same way. If deficit wins, each player draws 3 cards and loses 3 life.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zeitgeist*

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Doomed Diplomacy doesn't work, you can't interrupt a spell mid resolution.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

Today is Election Day. Get Your Ballots in by 8PM PST. If your name is not on the registration feel free to fill out a provisional ballot and drop it directly into the trash on your way out.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Fixed Zeitgeist, reworked Doomed Diplomacy completely and included a few extra for the hell of it.

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

Honorable mention:

I like card that uses magic terms to tell a story. The one this tells is very relevant.

3rd Place:

This card is good at representing the concept and a good vote design too. The only knock I have against it is that I can't see a lot of votes for compassion happening other than the caster's vote.

2nd Place:

There was a decent amount of cards that change the way votes happen in interesting ways. Making the vote at the whim of the monarch is a fun take.

1st Place:

I love this card. Copying spells is always nice and I think you can get away with the discount based on the limited scope of the spells it sees. This is a card I could get a lot of good turns out of in the right deck.

Hardcordion is this week's winner!

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Woah thanks! My first time placing ever! Lets see...

Name Droppers

How about for this round, lets make at least two cards which refer to one of the others by name, as with Bogbrew Witch and friends.

You have until 8 PM Eastern November 19th (next Monday).

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 12, 2018

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 12, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Spreadsheet updated.

They bear a grudge.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Reposting from a previous contest:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mikl posted:

Don't think I didn't see what you did there.

Also, considering they want you to play a three-color deck, you should probably make them cost 1C.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lone Goat posted:

So while google image searching today I learned there's a bird luchador pokemon (not pictured)

Reposting my entry from the last time someone did this theme.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mikl posted:

Doesn't transform, 0/10, would not play a black enchantment that draws me cards in exchange for life for

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Obligatory attempt at the white whale of top-down design.

Alternative cost seems less fiddly than tutoring, and that way they can still be played in limited without feeling too incomplete.

Edit:

I could've done Regenerate, but it's not evergreen any more, and I figured it was better to bend the flavor a little bit than it would be to bend the pie. Never mind that haste already bends the pie, but you come up with another end-of-turn evergreen that makes the evolution worthwhile.

Edit 2: Digivolve, below, does it better.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 16, 2018

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Shame that evolve is already a keyword, because that format would be prime to be pushed into reminder text.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Shame that evolve is already a keyword, because that format would be prime to be pushed into reminder text.

Still kind of a parasitic mechanic, but hey.

Edit: Also, honestly kind of Bad, because you're down a card. I could add "then draw a card" at the end, I suppose.
Edit2: Went ahead and did that, and added some more familiar faces.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 16, 2018

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Someone please stop me.

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lol y'all only do creatures.

edit :

Kuiperdolin fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 17, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Savant Conclusion should be 'any number of target nonland permanents'.

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

I wanted to make a draft synergy with a mythic bonus and then I went nuts with the emblem.

Someone stop me before I make one for each color.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Highlands Druid
GB
Creature - Human Druid
Tap four untapped Druids you control: Search your library for a card named The Great Circle and put it into play tapped.
2/2

The Great Circle
Legendary Land
Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool.
Tap, sacrifice a creature or an artifact: Target creature you control is named "Highlands Druid" in addition to any other names it has.
Tap: For each Highlands Druid you control, add G or B to your mana pool.
The Circle welcome all... for a price.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ideally, you would put a counter on your new Highland Druid. Memory aid.

And I'm not sure how it's anything but green in identity? You're getting mana ramp for having dudes. Pretty green to me. Even synergies well with elves. I guess the sac outlet?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 15, 2018

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

PMush Perfect posted:

Ideally, you would put a counter on your new Highland Druid. Memory aid.

And I'm not sure how it's anything but green in identity? You're getting mana ramp for having dudes. Pretty green to me. Even synergies well with elves. I guess the sac outlet?
Good point on the counter. I'll fix that.

Also, sacrificing for mana feels pretty black to me.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lack of Bear posted:

I wanted to make a draft synergy with a mythic bonus and then I went nuts with the emblem.

Someone stop me before I make one for each color.

The limited synergy is an overcosted, weaker Merfolk Branchwalker and a land that lets you tap 2 land to play it? Unless you have 2+ Nissa's Scouts in your hand at once (unlikely) this is much worse than a Basic Forest.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Made the change I was considering on Digivolve, and added a couple other familiar faces.

Edit: Have a similar idea more likely to actually get printed.

King me!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 16, 2018

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd make the first ability a +1 and reduce the loyalty bonus by 1. Otherwise, Superfriends shenanigans would get immediately and completely out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

I like 2 but I limited to Chandras. I also messed with the ult spell because I thought it was a little boring.