Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

jubjub64 posted:

The card based RPG that my friends and I have been working on for a while just launched on Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rosenbaugh/destination-danger-by-guardian-moon-games?ref=96vm0j&token=7f442efa

Sounds like fun, in for :25bux: :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I've wanted to release a children's book for some time now, but Kickstarter always scared me in-case I couldn't ever deliver the goods and people were not happy with the end result. So instead, I used my own savings and portions of my wages to make this dream a reality. I know this is a kickstarter thread, but I sought permission from the mods first given it was self funded.

I've now finally reached the point where you (yes, you!) can buy a copy for your child, or a little one you might know. Maybe for Christmas? Maybe for a birthday? Maybe just for fun!

"Monster, monster, who are you?" has been designed for children between the ages of 2 and 6. It features 17 beautifully illustrated monsters, each with their own hobby and a question for your child. The text is basic and in large print. The monsters are colorful and friendly. Why not show your child that monsters are nothing to be afraid of?

My book is currently self published using Amazon, in both paperback and ebook. The paperback version has a glossy cover for sticky fingerprints to be wiped away easily.
It's also available on the other Amazon variants, but I've not linked them. Just search for 'Monster, monster, who are you?'.

Amazon US

Amazon UK

If you do decide to buy a copy (thank you!!), could you please leave an honest review? It would mean so much to me.

Some pictures of the book in paperback:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

My friend just launched a size inclusive Surf and Yoga wear line (that I modeled for!). The fabric is made from recycled oceanic plastic and is UPF 50:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/124-west-yoga-surf-and-swimwear-for-all-bodies#/

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 18, 2018

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Hey! Returning Creative Convention goon with a new comic anthology.

We just launched Shout Out, a bold queer comics anthology for teen readers from an award-winning queer team.

Led by Andrew Wheeler ( Eisner winner for Comics Alliance, Joe Shuster winner for Another Castle ), we've somehow convinced Kieron Gillen ( The Wicked + The Divine ), Joamette Gil ( Prism Award winner for Best Anthology ), Vivan Ng ( Legend of Korra ), and the Mathews twins ( Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy ) and 40+ others to contribute to this anthology. If that sounds like it's your wheelhouse, check us out on Kickstarter!

The artwork is stunning. Just holy dang, the team brought their A-game and then some.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Squidster posted:

Hey! Returning Creative Convention goon with a new comic anthology.

We just launched Shout Out, a bold queer comics anthology for teen readers from an award-winning queer team.

Led by Andrew Wheeler ( Eisner winner for Comics Alliance, Joe Shuster winner for Another Castle ), we've somehow convinced Kieron Gillen ( The Wicked + The Divine ), Joamette Gil ( Prism Award winner for Best Anthology ), Vivan Ng ( Legend of Korra ), and the Mathews twins ( Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy ) and 40+ others to contribute to this anthology. If that sounds like it's your wheelhouse, check us out on Kickstarter!

The artwork is stunning. Just holy dang, the team brought their A-game and then some.

Backed :)

I really enjoyed the Wayward Sisters anthology you guys did last year.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

Backed :)

I really enjoyed the Wayward Sisters anthology you guys did last year.
Awesome, thanks so much! Allison and her team really did a fantastic job with Wayward Sisters. Don't tell anybody, but we're meeting in December to plan a sequel. :ssh:

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Hi there goony goons. I'm a bit shy when it comes to this sort of thing but here goes.

I've been busy with a friend for the last few months putting together a pilot for a cartoon we'll be submitting to several film festivals here in Canada called Space Charter. The premise is simply that of a science fiction adventure show with a gang of schmucks that work a mundane job for what amounts to an intergalactic bus company. Basically a glorified Star Trek parody!

We just released our first trailer today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvXyPfnlqnw

THE CHARACTERS
Of course what would a show like this be without a cast to match? We took a long time to develop a core group plus some colorful tertiary characters.

CAPTAIN VICTOR SHATTS: The beefcake captain who's always looking for a way to get rich. He's a smooth talker that enjoys the finer things in the galaxy.
CONSTABLE XARK: The captain's no-nonsense enforcer who functions as his wingman, although his stern expression is difficult to act. Has a thing on his head.
OFFICER SINGH: The sworthy partner of Xark who helps out with the Space Charter's security. Sounds kind of Australian.
MISS NEBULA: Often left on the ship during missions, she takes solace knowing that one of these days the away team will all die and she will get to be captain.
ROONEY THE BARTENDER: An old friend of Victor Shatts who always seems to bump into him around the cosmos, ready to deliver empty wisdom.

It's been just my co-producer and I working on this, but we're happy to say the final product will be around the 10-11 minute mark. There's a lot we still need to fix, such as lip syncing and other aesthetics of the picture, but we're going in the right direction I think! I'll end this post with some artwork:

Since one of us in particular took four months off from work to design and create this, I was wondering whether it looks like its fundraiser worthy to help recoop some of the living expenses incurred. What do you guys think? Respectful parody, or Saturday morning schlock? Eager to hear your thoughts. :)

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I guess I'll mention this here. I launched a Kickstarter to turn my webcomic into a book!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bakertoons/the-fuzzy-princess-vol-1-color-edition

The Fuzzy Princess is about an alien cat princess who gets stuck with humans and has to embrace humanity. Volume 1 collects the first 13 months of the comic in full color. In addition, there are bonus materials, such as behind-the-scene info and early development art.

The book has been a labor of love for the past few months, going back and forth with my editor to make it extra presentable, as well as drawing title pages for each chapter. All in all, I'm very happy with how it came out!

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...nation%20danger

Our game, Destination Danger, is really close to funding on Kickstarter. We just finished our demo booth at PAX South and we had a blast.

It's a rules-lite card based role playing game that you can pick up and play a scenario in as little as twenty minutes (much longer in you are having to much fun). It is set in the 1930's and had Mummy/Indiana Jones vibe.

Edit: We just funded!

jubjub64 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 21, 2019

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I'm running an Indiegogo that's probably only useful for self published authors or tabletop game designers, but figured I'd post anyway.

I'm creating art to license for said books and games. One a day for a month.

https://igg.me/at/30bookcovers

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

You did that in a day? :aaa:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Impressive stuff... is it all 100% your own illustrated/made elements?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

BonoMan posted:

Impressive stuff... is it all 100% your own illustrated/made elements?

No, it's mostly photo based/bashed.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Where do you source your bits from? Do you go looking for specific things in certain places, or just build up a collection of scraps over time?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

lofi posted:

Where do you source your bits from? Do you go looking for specific things in certain places, or just build up a collection of scraps over time?

Mostly the latter. I find a good image, put it down first, alter it a bit, paint over some bits digitally, then go looking in my folder for things to put on top of it.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce
I've written an Edward Gorey inspired alphabecedenarian book of "children's" poetry (in a similarly didactic, Victorian, gruesome end style). I don't have an illustrator for it yet but my partner has lots of artistic connections so I am not worried about that yet. People I have shared the poetry with have all gotten a kick out of it. I know that's not a guarantee that it's any good of course.

Except: Any opinions on whether this is worth pursuing as a Kickstarter? It looks like people do quite a lot of the work to begin with, so while the writing is done, would I need someone to do a whole bunch of the illustrations first? If it were profitable or there were interest, is that usually a 50-50 split? Is there a market for kids-not-really-for-kids books like this.

I don't need to make a ton of money, I just recently heard about this and an acquaintance made $40000 on it, so even 5% of that would be killer.

Apologies in advance for any ignorance and thanks

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Sounds made for KS. Definitely have some art to show and draw people in.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

If you try to sell it as a profit-split to an illustrator, you're not likely to get a positive response - you're asking them to work for free now on a thing that may or may not ever pay off (and other people will have made them similar offers before).

But, images will help sell your kickstarter to people, give them something to look at while you explain your plan to them. Kind of a no-win situation.

I'd go for paying for a good cover image out-of-pocket, use that on your video/for promo work (make sure the illustrator knows you'll be doing that!), then buy the rest of the illustrations as part of the fundraising. If you've got a promo image, you can sell it as "part of what you're paying for is full illustration by this super-cool artist, who has already done this cover image so you know they're not a total flake!"

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

lofi posted:

If you try to sell it as a profit-split to an illustrator, you're not likely to get a positive response - you're asking them to work for free now on a thing that may or may not ever pay off (and other people will have made them similar offers before).

But, images will help sell your kickstarter to people, give them something to look at while you explain your plan to them. Kind of a no-win situation.

I'd go for paying for a good cover image out-of-pocket, use that on your video/for promo work (make sure the illustrator knows you'll be doing that!), then buy the rest of the illustrations as part of the fundraising. If you've got a promo image, you can sell it as "part of what you're paying for is full illustration by this super-cool artist, who has already done this cover image so you know they're not a total flake!"

Good points, especially paying someone up front for an image and promoting it with that. Thanks, I'll get this underway and link back so you can all make fun of my terrible poetry.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Mister Beeg posted:

I guess I'll mention this here. I launched a Kickstarter to turn my webcomic into a book!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bakertoons/the-fuzzy-princess-vol-1-color-edition

The Fuzzy Princess is about an alien cat princess who gets stuck with humans and has to embrace humanity. Volume 1 collects the first 13 months of the comic in full color. In addition, there are bonus materials, such as behind-the-scene info and early development art.

The book has been a labor of love for the past few months, going back and forth with my editor to make it extra presentable, as well as drawing title pages for each chapter. All in all, I'm very happy with how it came out!

Wanted to give an update. The campaign is nearly over, ending this Tuesday! As I write this, we're down to just a bit over $700 needed to fully fund the book! We're almost there, but still more needed!

If anyone is interested in a graphic novel about a snooty cat princess who can detach her tail to solve problems, this is a good one to check out! Please help spread the word as well if you can!

Unconventional Oven
Jan 24, 2006

Not your ordinary oven.
Hello! Please put your peepers on and possibly donate your money to my Kickstarter.
It's a comic guide to having a responsible high. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ironspike/how-do-you-smoke-a-weed

I promise it's a fun read, we wrote 3 songs for the book and crammed it full of information. Even some fun activities to do while smoking cannabis.
I got my start drawing comics on SA about smoking weed, so I thought y'all would enjoy it.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
Hey kind of a weird one because we don't need money. We are trying to get a grant in Canada. So if you could just watch the video, give it a thumbs up, share it on your social media if you are feeling SUPER generous. That's all it is. If we can prove we got an audience we could get a lot of money for our project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B809gzoo-U

Bobby Jenks
May 18, 2006
Slippers that look like dress shoes!

We love the trend of slippers in the workplace. The stares we get from the execs and HR? Not so much. Unfortunately, right now, there is NO middle ground. That's why we took things into our own hands and created Office Slippers:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/officeslippers/office-slippers-the-first-ever-slipper-made-for-th?ref=7quirm

We're 12% funded eight days in. Could be worse, could be better.

Regardless, we know that we've got a good idea on our hands. Our first model is a unisex style based on a Chelsea Boot. We've got top-tier manufacturers out of LA making these for us. Honestly, there's nothing here not to love.

If anyone has feedback on how we can possibly alter our pitch to get some more backers, let me know. If you are in love with this idea, you know what to do.

Thanks!

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!

What the heck, in for :10bux: — it would solve a need for me if I weren't an an industry where I can just wear sneakers all day, which may have been how I chose my line of work.

Bobby Jenks
May 18, 2006
I appreciate that! Thank you so much.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Australia's first splatterpunk video nasty

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1622887785/ribspreader-a-splatterpunk-video-nasty?ref=project_build

I’m in Sydney Australia co-producing and editing Ribspreader, the first feature film for my old mate Dick Dale. He’s based in Adelaide, Australia, as is the shoot. This is my first Kickstarter so I’m an excited puppy. I'm pretty busy with it and open to suggestions and questions :).

Dick’s made a stack of short trash horror comedy films and has operated the Trasharama a Go Go festival for over 20 years, screening all over Australia. He’s inspired dozens of filmmakers and put on a lot of good nights and good times for hundreds of people over the years.

This is Dick:

Dick is also frontman for Adelaide punk bands such as Kamikaze and more recently Drunkee Blunders.

Here's Ribspreader's FB page.

Here's the Instagram.

Kickstarter campaign launches on May 20, running through till about June 18.

So, Dick is not a filmmaker who fits neatly into the typical paradigm of maybe make some ads and music videos, get some funding and government approval and join the circuit. He’s made his own circuit and more often than not has been unemployed while doing all this.

About 5 or 6 years ago Dick, inspired by a workshop with Troma's Lloyd Kaufman, wrote Ribspreader for an Ozploitation film competition. And like most of Dick’s work it’s funny and gory with an unexpected heart.

Here’s the brief rundown:
Dick’s feature opus Ribspreader, tells the story of Brian - a one-time pin up boy for 70’s tobacco advertising, now full time loser, who is brainwashed by a talking billboard into killing all the smokers in Murder City and making a jacket from their lungs. He soon discovers he is not alone. Murder City is a hunting ground of demented serial killers and he learns he must get in line.

Will he get ahead of the pack or break free of insanity?

Only one thing’s for sure: Smoking will kill you one way or another.

Here's the less brief rundown:

Over the years Dick has created a following around the country and around the world. The facebook page for Ribspreader has over 800 followers, his Trasharama page has 1500+ followers. Dick has already shot cameos with a bunch of notable folk including Laurence R. Harvey (Human Centipede II, also fuckin’ dat chicken in my profile), Spencer P Jones (lead guiatrist from Beasts of Bourbon, sadly now deceased), Chad Morgan (Australian country music legend) and Fred Negro (Melbourne cartoonist & frontman for I Spit on your Gravy), with more in the works. There’s a lot of love in the room.

The production has the technical side covered by professionals pitching in to help with gear, time and expertise. The DoP comes with a grip van and the gear and his crew. I’m an editor and am bringing my side of things for post. The other producer also worked with Dick previously and this is his second feature. The 1st AD is amazing and the perfect combination of competence and energy. We have a young production designer working closely with Dick to put Murder City on the screen. Most of the budget priority from crowdfunding is going to Art Department and realising practical FX.

We want to screen the film around the country at special events like a serial killer theme party, using Dicks Trasharama network. Backers on Kickstarter can even get murdered in the film, if they back at the right tier of course.

There’s a lot of art coming out attached to this and there’s rewards in kickstarter relating to that too. Here is some art.

We have some media and radio interviews lined up. If you’re looking for an interview with Dick let us know. Matthew is also up for a chat. Both films are being marketed together.

I hope we don’t gently caress it all up, I think we’re getting there but in any case it’s one of those one-off special case projects with good people that makes life suck less. If you think so too, welcome aboard.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1622887785/ribspreader-a-splatterpunk-video-nasty?ref=project_build

clusterfuck fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 10, 2021

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Trip report:

We're at 111% funding after 29 days, funded! We've been the most popular Australian film project in kickstarter for most of the campaign.

Only 1 day to go!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1622887785/ribspreader-a-splatterpunk-video-nasty?ref=creator_nav

We picked up a new executive producer from Canada, a man of impeccable taste! We've also now picked up three Associate Producers. Would love to pick up more EPs and APs and use that money for better production values.

The rewards are going well. Getting killed in the movie at $350AUD is popular.

We have a special reward offered by our stop motion artist to create 5 custom claymation snuff films for the top 5 pledgers in the final week. I love it. Check out our artists Trasharama winning Gumby's New Tit! (VERY NSFW)

More press coverage appearing:

http://cultofmonster.com.au/ribspreader-1

https://www.filmink.com.au/public-notice/dick-dales-ribspreader-launches-kickstarter-campaign/

https://frednegro.com.au/2019/05/30/interview-with-ribspreader-director-dick-dale/

https://www.adelaidereview.com.au/features/general/beer-and-other-sins-blood-and-guts-and-hiccup-cures-at-dicks-place/

https://www.screamhorrormag.com/ribspreader-australias-first-splatter-punk-video-nasty/

Radio interviews:

Andrew Bunney interviews Dick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRsXdg5dX60

Dicks' top ten movies on Dave's Video Graveyard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqXiZpPGzAk

January 2021 Trip Report:
Despite Coronavirus and all the other 2020 bullshit principle photgraphy is nearly finished and the film is scheduled to release October 2021. More deets and updates here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1622887785/ribspreader-a-splatterpunk-video-nasty

clusterfuck fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 10, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hello, I had a question about how I would go about commissioning a small art project. My idea is for a gift, and what I am looking for would be eight or so postcard sized color drawings of custom characters.

Rather than Googling or trying to navigate Etsy, if possible I'd want to work with a goon. How would I go about making a request for this? Would the etiquette be the artist would make a rough sketch and a quote, I would send payment, then they would finish the project?

Thanks!

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527487

Here's where you want. It'd help if you could include more info - what sort of style you're after / what the characters are.

It's the sort of job I'd be interested in - my website is here, and has my work on it - if my style suits you, drop me a line at lofi@lofi.space.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
I guess I'll post this here too, hopefully that's okay.

I'm trying to find artists for a couple of different projects, one is a cover of a novel. I've looked at fiverr and online cover farms, though I'd prefer a goon artist even if it costs a bit more.

Basically the first one is a sword and sorcery book, and I'd like a picture of a woman in a swampish kind of background and a snake peeking around one of the corners. However, the woman is in real armor (i.e. not boob armor), with her hair cut short to hide that she's a woman, so while I'd like it to be a callback to Robert Howard and pulpy covers like Robert Howard and Fritz Leiber, it can't have that motif of "vulnerable white woman being threatened".
I'd need a very tight turn around on this piece, or at least a draft very quickly. If that goes well I'll write more stories starring her so there'll be more covers.

The other project is more of an ongoing thing, I'm looking for a series of perspective drawings on things drawn to accompany short travel log pieces on my website. This travel log takes place in a secondary fictional world, so some of them will be fantastic flora and fauna, and others may be extremely prosaic or just pictures of a normalish medieval village or something like that.

If you're interested in either or both projects please pm me or email me brian_york@hotmail.com so we can talk about timelines and pay.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Hey!

Last year I decided on a whim to make my own physical desktop calendar. Also on a whim I decided to put it up online for sale, and much to my very positive surprise, a few people actually ordered one!

Since I started so late last year, it was quite rushed though, so this year I decided to go again and do things ahead of time by quite a bit. I finished about a month ago, and have put it up for sale on gumroad:

https://gum.co/yukari2020

It's a small A6 calendar, printed on thick, 300g matte paper. All 13 illustrations as well as the overall calendar design were custom made for this. The calendar this time is themed around an underwater journey, and I had a great time finding references to draw inspiration from.

The first batch is going to be printed out soon, so that I can send it out in the beginning of november. It should definitely arrive well before the new year!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Hello all!

I've been writing for fun for a while and on a lark I started sending out stories to publications. One's been picked up! The press is new, they're just getting started, and their first big effort is a horror anthology loosely based on urban legends. They've got some reasonably well-known authors (Blair Daniels, Tamika Thompson) along with some newcomers (myself).

The company's got a small kickstarter running to pay publication costs. You can get ebook and hard copies of the three-volume anthology being Kickstarted, and the Big Pledge Level gets you written into a story by a contributor. I mean, it's a horror series, so you may not like what happens to you in that story. Or you might. No judgment.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dopabeane/the-monsters-we-forgot

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Hello again thread! I'm back again with another great comics anthology.

The book is called Wayward Kindred, and uses monsters to tell stories about family--the good and the bad, the gruesome and the adorable. It's the follow-up to our Ignatz-nominated, Joe Shuster Award-winning Wayward Sisters anthology.

We’ve got a half-vampire struggling with her identity, cursed siblings bargaining with the aunt who transformed them, demon summonings via cozy sweater, and greedy royal knights trying to pressure immigrant dragons into a lousy cellphone contract.

A number of Wayward Sisters alumni, including Meaghan Carter, gillian blekkenhorst, H. Pueyo, and Dante L are back with new great stories for Kindred. You may recognize a few creators from our queer YA anthology Shout Out as well!

Allison O’Toole (editor of Wayward Sisters) is joined by assistant editors Ashanti Fortson (Galanthus, Heartwood, The Nib) and Kat Vendetti (Catalyst Prime, Rolled & Told) alongside 42 gifted independent creators from all over the world.

If that sounds like your jam, consider checking out the Wayward Kindred campaign.

Squidster fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 13, 2019

c062785
Nov 15, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope this ok to post here...

I'm the founder of a new video platform called, Kill TV, and we're looking for SA members who might be interested in helping us grow this community.

Right now we're throwing the 'Pre-Load' event, where users can sign up and upload content to our servers. For a video tutorial on our systems and how everything works, go to the following link and click the 'play tutorial' button above the form : https://killtv.me/signup

If any of you know a better thread for us to post our info or think other members may be interested, please let me know!

We're really looking for our first adopters and we believe there is a strong synergy between SA groups and Kill TV.

Thanks for viewing, open to any feedback or questions you may have!

To not litter replies or comments here, join our thread here : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903966

**WARNING : THIS SITE IS FOR 18+ ONLY. IT IS NOT FOCUSED ON SEXUAL CONTENT BUT IS A SITE FOR ADULTS ONLY.**

c062785 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 15, 2019

c062785
Nov 15, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

clusterfuck posted:

Trip report:

We're at 111% funding after 29 days, funded! We've been the most popular Australian film project in kickstarter for most of the campaign.

Amazing! If you have any other short form content that you can share with us and upload to our platform, we'd love to have it!

Great stuff!

Check us out here : https://killtv.me/signup

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

c062785 posted:

I hope this ok to post here...

I'm the founder of a new video platform called, Kill TV, and we're looking for SA members who might be interested in helping us grow this community.

Right now we're throwing the 'Pre-Load' event, where users can sign up and upload content to our servers. For a video tutorial on our systems and how everything works, go to the following link and click the 'play tutorial' button above the form : https://killtv.me/signup

If any of you know a better thread for us to post our info or think other members may be interested, please let me know!

We're really looking for our first adopters and we believe there is a strong synergy between SA groups and Kill TV.

Thanks for viewing, open to any feedback or questions you may have!

**WARNING : THIS SITE IS FOR 18+ ONLY. IT IS NOT FOCUSED ON SEXUAL CONTENT BUT IS A SITE FOR ADULTS ONLY.**

I don't know what the hell this is but your promo video has a real clip of a dude getting beaten up on the street by a group of people as if you thought that was somehow a selling point. No thanks.

c062785
Nov 15, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BonoMan posted:

I don't know what the hell this is but your promo video has a real clip of a dude getting beaten up on the street by a group of people as if you thought that was somehow a selling point. No thanks.

BonoMan,

That is A-Ok, we're not here to lie to our users. Since we are for adults only and we accept all 'legal' content, we want to make sure anyone who signs up understands they may see things that actually happen on this planet in reality. Which some claim are 'disturbing'.

This may include : Drunk fights, accidents or things in nature that are not 'light hearted'. But, these are all real things that happen here on our planet, this Earth and not some fictional reality or universe.

Largely, you do not have to join our site. This is for those who understand change comes from exposure and opening up gates to reality not fiction.

People openly celebrate Halloween which advocates violence, killing, murder and death. But when they see the reality of this, they are offended and want to shut it down. We believe we are that mental change that needs to occur.

This is not a marketing ploy, this is how we are transparent with our users.

Again, you do not have to join our site, but we're here to find the community that understands these things and are willing to help us grow.

We believe there is more harm in Dinseyfying the world and touching the kids, than showing adults the reality of the world, in hopes they push for change.

Thank you for your response,

c062785

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

c062785 posted:

That is A-Ok, we're not here to lie to our users. Since we are for adults only and we accept all 'legal' content, we want to make sure anyone who signs up understands they may see things that actually happen on this planet in reality. Which some claim are 'disturbing'.

This may include : Drunk fights, accidents or things in nature that are not 'light hearted'. But, these are all real things that happen here on our planet, this Earth and not some fictional reality or universe.

Largely, you do not have to join our site. This is for those who understand change comes from exposure and opening up gates to reality not fiction.

People openly celebrate Halloween which advocates violence, killing, murder and death. But when they see the reality of this, they are offended and want to shut it down. We believe we are that mental change that needs to occur.

This is not a marketing ploy, this is how we are transparent with our users.

Again, you do not have to join our site, but we're here to find the community that understands these things and are willing to help us grow.

We believe there is more harm in Dinseyfying the world and touching the kids, than showing adults the reality of the world, in hopes they push for change.
Are you sure you're a human? You write like a PR markov chain.

Also your site is gonna fill up with Nazi poo poo so fast.

e: Oh, it's like 'what the 90s thought the internet would be' :allears:

lofi fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 15, 2019

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Why is 'legal' in quotes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

lofi posted:

Also your site is gonna fill up with Nazi poo poo so fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3snVCRo_bI

Best case scenario you're gonna get the folks who were run off of YouTube and Liveleak and those folks are the folks who do not gently caress around with being nazis