Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Same. Here in Wisconsin it'd be very dangerous because snow can pile up very high on roofs. That can crash through the skylights.

Pork butt is pork shoulder.

:holymoley:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Same. Here in Wisconsin it'd be very dangerous because snow can pile up very high on roofs. That can crash through the skylights.

they all do, They're just not big and pretty like a house's skylights so maybe you didn't notice them.

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 3, 2021

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Saving the planet and passing on those electricity savings to their customers.

PBUC!

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Olanphonia posted:

For those asking, that's the Costco in Pentagon City, VA. It also has the $99 serrano in a different part of the store. That Costco has also been known to sell whole lamb.

Having to validate your parking for the church? You have more faith than I.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ham can be butt or leg meat, the name comes from the same place as hamstring

Sometimes butt ham is more money than leg ham or maybe the other way around I forget, but it's like a ten cent difference or something

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Picked up an ommegang 3 pack thing, hope it's good

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Hed posted:

Having to validate your parking for the church? You have more faith than I.

Eh, it's only a few seconds of time as you exit and your faith is rewarded. The part that truly tests one's faith is the horrid traffic going into the lot.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
If I buy $100 worth of tp at my Costco I can get a 25$ gift card I can use to buy their hotdogs so I can use $100 worth of tp :downs:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Defenistrator posted:

If I buy $100 worth of tp at my Costco I can get a 25$ gift card I can use to buy their hotdogs so I can use $100 worth of tp :downs:

Just eat the meat and condiments and save the bun to wipe your butt.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I'm gonna buy that Big Ham and slip a dog inside it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

raton posted:

butt ham is more money than leg ham

:laugh:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KjkiKAucA8

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
The optician at my store wants 84 loving dollars for an eye exam. Unbelievable.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MisterOblivious posted:

its actually 38. maybe get your eyes checked? :grin:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Got back from Costco. Got ANOTHER flannel. Even at full price it's still a hell of a deal. Also hat a dawg SMOTHERED in onions. Like, an obscene amount of onions. I also ate half a salad but got so god drat full from the onions I couldnt finish it. :smith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

The ones in Menomonee Falls and Grafton both do. They're just not big and pretty like a house's skylights so maybe you didn't notice them.

I'll have to check the Kenosha one next time I go. I mean, during the Winter the sun goes down at like 4pm so it doesn't matter much.

99% positive they don't have skylights though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

raton posted:

Ham can be butt or leg meat, the name comes from the same place as hamstring

Sometimes butt ham is more money than leg ham or maybe the other way around I forget, but it's like a ten cent difference or something

It can literally be the butt meat, but if labelled as "butt", that means shoulder.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Pork butt is pork shoulder.

Here in Michigan the Costco near me has skylights. The lights in the building auto-dim when it's detecting enough natural light coming through. I'm pretty sure the building has been there for a decade+, and it's dealt with the tons of snow just fine.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'll have to check the Kenosha one next time I go. I mean, during the Winter the sun goes down at like 4pm so it doesn't matter much.

99% positive they don't have skylights though.

thanks to the weirdos who upload photos of the Kenosha Costco to google maps, we can see that yes, it does have skylights: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...QoiowCnoECAYQBg

they're those square bright things

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MisterOblivious posted:

are you sure it's not a glasses+contact lens exam? taht sounds about right

a regular glass exam should be like <$40 tho

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I didn't mean to open up these wounds, i didn't know there were so many members being so deprived of natural light in their journey through the Costco. All the Costcos around here have skylights, and i see now i have taken them for granted.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco has skylights but they're getting rid of them because half of them leak whenever it rains. They replaced all the lights with LED ones though so it won't be too dim in there. This Costco is currently going through a remodel/expansion and that's one of many reasons why they should have just torn down the building and built a new one.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
My Costco does not have skylights because they actually bought another warehouse facility and renovated it instead of building to spec. The benefit of this arrangement is that it has covered loving parking, which is amazing unloading your haul of treasures in the winter or rain.

This is my Costco, there are many like it but this one is mine.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just eat the meat and condiments and save the bun to wipe your butt.

:aaa:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Can someone just clarify for me the different benefits of the Costco card versus executive membership?

One earns points and the other nets you a bonus on your membership anniversary, right?

Thinking about switching over our main card to the Costco branded one. Isn’t it also used as a membership card too?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Thwomp posted:

Can someone just clarify for me the different benefits of the Costco card versus executive membership?

One earns points and the other nets you a bonus on your membership anniversary, right?

Thinking about switching over our main card to the Costco branded one. Isn’t it also used as a membership card too?

Costco visa and executive go hand in hand

It does serve as a membership card too, I'm not actually sure where my membership card is

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Thwomp posted:

We have both, and have farmed thousands of dollars of rewards out of it:

1) The executive membership gives you 2% back on all purchases at Costco and Costco.com. You break even on the additional $55 you spend when you spend greater than $2750 a year, and you pay the entire membership fee when you spend more than $5500 a year.

2) The Costco card (which is a membership card in as much as it has your picture on it and can be used instead of a separate membership card) gets you 1% on all transactions everywhere, 2% on all purchases at Costco and Costco.com (which is in addition to the executive membership reward - totaling $0.04 for every dollar spent at Costco), 3% on all travel and restaurant purchases and 4% on all gasoline purchases including at Costco.

It makes a lot of sense if, like our family, you spend most of your household budget the way Costco wants you to.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

World's strongest man does his grocery shopping at Costco.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhLkLxR1Oc

Only the weak go to BJs and Sam's Club :smuggo:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I'm at Costco tire center trying to get snow tires swapped on and there is an old couple holding up the line shopping for tires and people are getting frustrated and leaving

I'm hoping that since I have nothing to do today I'll be able to get an apt

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Tim Whatley posted:

Brian Shaw is awesome, and is truly a mammoth human being. The only bad part of his videos is it's hard to tell from this perspective just how enormous he is. I mean, there are pictures of him next to Arnold where he absolutely DWARFS the guy.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Every video of him makes him seem like a really nice dude too

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Tim Whatley posted:

Why did he say he doesn't eat strawberries or any fruit like that but then he's got two giant containers of strawberries in his cart? :iiam:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Why did he say he doesn't eat strawberries or any fruit like that but then he's got two giant containers of strawberries in his cart? :iiam:

Pretty sure he has like a family or something.

Also yeah all of his videos make him seem like a really cool and nice dude who is a loving huge monster.

Edit: good god he bought like $200+ in meat. haha

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 15, 2018

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Brian Shaw is awesome, and is truly a mammoth human being. The only bad part of his videos is it's hard to tell from this perspective just how enormous he is. I mean, there are pictures of him next to Arnold where he absolutely DWARFS the guy.

Arnold was an alleged 6'2" during his bodybuilding days, he claims a current 6'1", but most accounts put him at 5'10". Brian Shaw is listed at 6'8", and that's probably legitimate when seen standing next to 6'9" Hafthor Bjornsson.

Here he is with Wilt 7'1", who also is noticeably taller than the alleged 7'4" Andre.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

are you sure it's not a glasses+contact lens exam? taht sounds about right

a regular glass exam should be like <$40 tho

Contact exam is listed separately. $149.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 15, 2018

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MisterOblivious posted:

Is that the cash price without insurance of any sort?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Tim Whatley posted:

Oh cool, that's my local Costco in Teterboro, NJ.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MisterOblivious posted:

This is cursed

not pbuc

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I was very happy with my eye exam at the Costco eye doc

And I got some really nice Emilio Estevez [?] frames, designer and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I tried to get a contact lens fitting at Costco and they just told me to go to America’s Best to get it done for half the price lol