Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dragonstoned posted:

That's not what I was saying at all???

I'm not complaining about the stone itself I just want it to drop from regular pokestops so I can actually evolve my loving mons without having to wait a goddamn week in between everyone.

what I'm saying is this is exactly how those gen 2 evolve items were at launch and they'll likely open up on them after a little while just like they did with those. and that this situation is already better by having one item instead of five or six. so it's nowhere near as bad as it could have been, even if you think it still sucks (which is fine)

Psion fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
hey is the spreadsheet still a thing or do i need to post in the thread to get goons to add me? i've gotta make friends for a quest :arghfist:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

slave to my cravings posted:

Blisseys are slightly easier to take down in a gym if you even bother to do that sort of thing as a casual.

Maybe I will more often if they're easier to take out. Those things are annoying.

Rip all those 666 CP Eevees I kept around from Community Day. And that 420 Oddish. Oh well. Time to start over I guess!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

sweetroy posted:

hey is the spreadsheet still a thing or do i need to post in the thread to get goons to add me? i've gotta make friends for a quest :arghfist:

Add people listed on the spreadsheet.
I'm sure a bunch will be inactive so you may have to add more than you need to get some accepts.
You can add your own code to the spreadsheet but it's unlikely that any established players will be checking it now.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

kensei posted:

I've been to 7 Deoxys raids and caught them all, I am ready for a new EX Boss.

Mayhaps dial down the obsessing a bit and you won't burn out so fast.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

TheMaestroso posted:

I was just kidding, I have been pretty lucky with EX and I totally acknowledge it. I wish I could send invites to all you who do not get them regularly.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TheMaestroso posted:

I don't know that I'd call roughly one raid a week particularly obsessive?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dr Tran posted:

I really regret evolving my 100 Cleffa.

I feel your pain. I feel the same way about my perfect Shinx.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Pez posted:

As someone who suffers from chronic pain and only gets out a couple of times a week tops to get new research tasks, it will take me 6 months. Thanks Niantic :(

Im with you buddy.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Eox posted:

I don't know that I'd call roughly one raid a week particularly obsessive?

I was more referring to the raids needed to get the passes for said EX raids than the EX raids themselves.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
So are you exited for another Kanto event?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
All I want to know is about Community Day or a substitute in December.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Beachcomber posted:

in honor of detective pikachu, december will be pikachu community day 2.0 except with a new hat

(it's plausible!)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Beachcomber posted:

Substitute Community Day! A three hour window where you can catch the substitute doll.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Horrifying child provided for scale only. Not included.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Beachcomber posted:

Horrifying child provided for scale only. Not included.

Nah, The Miz isn't so bad.

I do want that giant Substitute.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Who doesn't?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

As a man who managed to hatch THREE 100% togepis during that one equinox event the wait to get the Shinnoh boulders needed to evolve these babies is killing me inside

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

It's not the most useful, but I couldn't wait to see my perfect glitchy friend.

15/15/15

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What do you mean it's not useful? That thing has a stupidly powerful attack stat

EDIT: Wait no, that's just the normal games. Well 17th place isnt too bad I guess? :shrug:

White Light fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 15, 2018

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I didnt even know about the changes coming today. I was wondering why my Breloom suddenly appeared near the top of my list when sorted by cp when looking for something to drop in a gym. I know I should be happy but Beedrill, Sandslash and Cloyster didnt gain squat and those are the ones I drop off the most. :smith:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

~Coxy posted:

It's so weird to me that the 1st gen did away with evo items, then the second gen brought all the ones from the games in, and now we're going to a single generic evo item but making it super rare.

“Super rare” in this case meaning you’re guaranteed to receive one per seven days of research. This thread complains so much about everything.

Incidentally I’m still waiting on that up-grade for my perfect porygon.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Furnaceface posted:

I didnt even know about the changes coming today. I was wondering why my Breloom suddenly appeared near the top of my list when sorted by cp when looking for something to drop in a gym. I know I should be happy but Beedrill, Sandslash and Cloyster didnt gain squat and those are the ones I drop off the most. :smith:

Unless they're one of the ones on the short list of Pokemon who actually lost CP, everything gained some CP.

Considering perfect IVs:
  • Beedrill increased by 69 CP
  • Sandslash increased by 46 CP (Alolan by 66 CP)
  • Cloyster increased by 75 CP

Also based on what info is available, here's my short summary on the new evolutions that require the Sinnoh Stone:
  • Rhyperior - A cheaper, more easy-to-get community day Tyranitar alternative because it has Smack Down.
  • Togekiss - Didn't get a fast fairy move but you could luck into a fairy Hidden Power (unlikely). If you do, that makes it the ultimate fairy attacker. but still a tank of a fairy type.
  • Roserade - Top tier grass or poison attacker, but there's already a lot of equally good grass types and poison is useless.
  • Electivire - Best electric attacker, slightly less bulky than Raikou though.
  • Honchkrow - Better dark DPS than Tyranitar, flimsy though.
  • Weavile - Top tier ice or dark attacker, also flimsy.
  • Magmortar - Doesn't have the best charge fire attack, many better fire types.
  • Porygon-Z - Weird movesets, hard to be effective with both fast and charge at the same time.
I'll probably be going for Honchkrow first since I have 2 perfect IV Murkrow and dark type is a lot more useful if they're going to release the psychic type Lake Trio as upcoming raid bosses. My perfect Rhydon will only jump the line if they go back to old legendaries where rock type is more useful.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 17, 2018

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Willsun posted:

Unless they're one of the ones on the short list of Pokemon who actually lost CP, everything gained some CP.

Considering perfect IVs:
  • Beedrill increased by 69 CP
  • Sandslash increased by 46 CP (Alolan by 66 CP)
  • Cloyster increased by 75 CP

Also based on what info is available, here's my short summary on the new evolutions that require the Sinnoh Stone:
  • Rhyperior - A cheaper, more easy-to-get community day Tyranitar alternative because it has Smack Down.
  • Togekiss - Didn't get a fast fairy move but you could luck into a fairy Hidden Power (unlikely). If you do, that makes it the ultimate fairy attacker.
  • Roserade - Top tier grass or poison attacker, but there's already a lot of equally good grass types and poison is useless.
  • Electivire - Best electric attacker, slightly less bulky than Raikou though.
  • Honchkrow - Better dark DPS than Tyranitar, flimsy though.
  • Weavile - Top tier ice or dark attacker, also flimsy.
  • Magmortar - Doesn't have the best charge fire attack, many better fire types.
  • Porygon-Z - Weird movesets, hard to be effective with both fast and charge at the same time.
I'll probably be going for Honchkrow first since I have 2 perfect IV Murkrow and dark type is a lot more useful if they're going to release the psychic type Lake Trio as upcoming raid bosses. My perfect Rhydon will only jump the line if they go back to old legendaries where rock type is more useful.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willsun posted:

[*]Roserade - Top tier grass or poison attacker, but there's already a lot of equally good grass types and poison is useless.

Poison sucks as an offensive type from generations 1-5, but when bulky fairy types start to become the norm after 6 it's a godsend. So Roserade will be useful in about two and a half years :v:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
e: Not if Niantic never gives out a fairy fast attack. They'll just sit there and fart some Scratch or Tackle at enemies uselessly.

Nothing replaces my Lapras. :hellyeah:

Willsun fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 15, 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to transfer all my Kanto pokemon to Let's Go

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Willsun posted:

[*]Togekiss - Didn't get a fast fairy move but you could luck into a fairy Hidden Power (unlikely). If you do, that makes it the ultimate fairy attacker.

There is no fairy type hidden power.

Also no normal type hidden power.

Hidden power can be any type except those two.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

kensei posted:

I've been to 7 Deoxys raids and caught them all, I am ready for a new EX Boss.

I just wish you could trade them

I haven't had an ex pass since the very first week they debuted and won't be getting one ever since I don't raid at ex eligible gyms , oh well

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

If you're able to transfer pokemon into the next mainline switch game, that might be the only way to have Shedinja in something other than a regular pokeball.

Something to think about while catching them.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Apparently Niantic already confirmed to the people running The Silph Road that the Sinnoh Stone will be available in other (probably more common) ways in the future.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

TheMaestroso posted:

I was more referring to the raids needed to get the passes for said EX raids than the EX raids themselves.

I usually only raid EX Gyms with my free passes. I am gold in the ones I raid, so my odds are good.

mastershakeman posted:

I just wish you could trade them

:same:

I have trashed 3 so far.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

ABigDumbBus
Maserati68
nova2007
Penji108
DrMcBill
froggeryz
r1vls
UmlatFiasco
WhoperSr
saraej14
patwmurr
smapdo

We're going to hit ultra friends in about 7 days max. If possible, can we try to sync all of those at Noon MST on 11/22? I'm NekoSukimin ingame.

Yukari fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 15, 2018

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Yukari posted:

ABigDumbBus
Maserati68
nova2007
Penji108
DrMcBill
froggeryz
r1vls
UmlatFiasco
WhoperSr
saraej14
patwmurr
smapdo

We're going to hit ultra friends in about 7 days max. If possible, can we try to sync all of those at Noon MST on 11/22?

UmlatFiasco here, what's your name in-game? I'm not going to use an egg for it but I'm more than happy to stop opening gifts from you for a bit so you can

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

It's NekoSukimin, and just keep opening gifts daily. I just don't send them out to people I want to time the friendship boost on after asking them.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Yukari posted:

It's NekoSukimin, and just keep opening gifts daily. I just don't send them out to people I want to time the friendship boost on after asking them.

McBill here, I'm not gonna sweat using an egg. Go ahead and do what works best for you.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Prop Wash posted:

Incidentally I’m still waiting on that up-grade for my perfect porygon.

Do you not spin every day? I regularly have to clean all the evo items clogging up my inventory. Also, Niantic needs to let me buy more space from them.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Catching Pokémon while traveling makes vacation a lot more fun for me. Getting this guy makes it even better.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So this is the first time I've played any pokemon game, and lol Rhyperior looks utterly ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Enjoy the zoo.