Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i forgot they cancelled playstation experience this year too

for two straight years they've showed nothing but GOW/Spider-Man/Last of Us2 and I don't think they're actually making anything else , the zombie biker game is out in like 2 months and nobody gives a poo poo. I guess there's ghosts of Tsushima too, which is probably going to be their last ps4 game ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
cant beleive sony is just leaving Days gone out to dry like this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

for two straight years they've showed nothing but GOW/Spider-Man/Last of Us2 and I don't think they're actually making anything else , the zombie biker game is out in like 2 months and nobody gives a poo poo. I guess there's ghosts of Tsushima too, which is probably going to be their last ps4 game ever

Death Stranding too but . this ^^^^

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

and yesterday Pqube, one of the only publishers in the world still releasing stupid anime poo poo to the vita in the West, said they're done doing that bc the ecosystem is just 100% dead. Which is not really news but, drat, what is Sony going to do for the next 24 months before the ps5 comes out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

and yesterday Pqube, one of the only publishers in the world still releasing stupid anime poo poo to the vita in the West, said they're done doing that bc the ecosystem is just 100% dead. Which is not really news but, drat, what is Sony going to do for the next 24 months before the ps5 comes out

spyro remastered, midievil remastered, fat princess remastered, last of us reremastered,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Remember when Sony buried the Spelunky 2 announcement so they could show off 60 minutes of GOW footage and PSVR exclusives.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Remember when Sony buried the Spelunky 2 announcement so they could show off 60 minutes of GOW footage and PSVR exclusives.

this year they didnt mention psvr at all and theyve got tetris effect and astrobots and a new game by From?!?!?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

this year they didnt mention psvr at all and theyve got tetris effect and astrobots and a new game by From?!?!?

Oh yeah that From game came out, but I'll never be able to play it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

[Visibly agitated] Now I’ll never find out if a bearded dad can still be sad!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

astrobot is gonna sell like 10 copies and whoops looks like we gotta close japan studio, nothing we could do

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remember when they put like five PS2 games on PSN and made a whole big thing about it and then about 3 more came out and then nothing for like the past 2 years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And the games that are on there are plagued with emulation issues. It's an awesome service

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Feeling very thankful to Sony today

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

And the games that are on there are plagued with emulation issues. It's an awesome service

Really? I played like 3 of them (about 60% of them) and had no problems

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

In Training posted:

im gonna buy a vita and a 3ds now that all the games are out for them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Really? I played like 3 of them (about 60% of them) and had no problems

I had a lot of audio issues with Siren and that Level5 space game that I forget the name of. Wild Arms 3 was fine though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I paid $17 for Parappa and played it for about 8 minutes and the refreshed the terrible store UI every week for the next 14 months hoping they'd release more ps2 on ps4 titles and they never did.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

American McGay posted:

I paid $17 for Parappa and played it for about 8 minutes and the refreshed the terrible store UI every week for the next 14 months hoping they'd release more ps2 on ps4 titles and they never did.

You got what you deserved. Sony is just.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Parappa was a remake of a PS1 release not a PS2 on PS4 release.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

They also released Parappa 2 as a PS2 on PS4 release

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure is was Parappa 2 but I could be wrong it was like 4 years ago.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Apologies

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they also put parappa 1 on ps4 it was the first of the psp emulator games lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thank You Sony

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

elf help book posted:

they also put parappa 1 on ps4 it was the first of the psp emulator games lmao

almonds status: activated.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's easy to remember:

PS1: Parappa the Rapper, Parappa the Rapper 2

PS Vita: Parapa the Raper

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Thank you, Sony, for opting to make E3 2019 a lot less boring and lovely than E3 2018.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
E3 good.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remember when they put like five PS2 games on PSN and made a whole big thing about it and then about 3 more came out and then nothing for like the past 2 years

its so insane lol. sony cant be hosed to even make very many lovely emulation ports of their old catalog but microsoft makes basically everything work and then there's free patches for some of them.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

its so insane lol. sony cant be hosed to even make very many lovely emulation ports of their old catalog but microsoft makes basically everything work and then there's free patches for some of them.

its taken them at least a decade to work out how to change psn names. but once they crack that, i gotta imagine the sky’s the limit for the next project

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

it's the PSP port in an emulator

when it got announced people were excited because they thought they'd make the effort to fix the horrible input lag that the PSP version had, then they found out it's literally the same version

Castlevania Requiem is the same deal, it's Dracula X Chronicles running in an emulator but with the 3D Rondo remake dummied out

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

horrible input lag that the PSP version had

Is that what was going on with that? I downloaded a PS1 eboot somebody made and started playing through it but then the official psp port came out and I got that instead and I never managed to get past the flea market

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my ps4 is just a bloodborne and red dead machine at this point. I haven't taken the bloodborne disc out in a year

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They should really be able to do better than 20% off PS+ for Black Friday. In fact their whole EU store for Black Friday sucks rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ps+ sucks rear end just like every other console paid online service

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mysterious loyall X posted:

ps+ sucks rear end just like every other console paid online service

Xbox Game Pass is really good OP but otherwise yes. I guess PS+ only works out at €4/month but they used to do better deals.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

Sony has other important things to tackle

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1058735653737979904

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

julian assflange posted:

Xbox Game Pass is really good OP but otherwise yes. I guess PS+ only works out at €4/month but they used to do better deals.

i don't own an xbox one x and i already own the good xbox games [ninja gaiden black, panzer dragoon orta and cave shmups] and they already run on my xbox360 [which i've also just listed on airbnb to make some extra cash