Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Didn't Lysandre get killed by Zygarde in the anime?

In hindsight, Lysandre dies in, like, every Pokemon medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
To go on a complete tangent for a moment, I miss the days when they actually bothered to localize legendaries' names into something meaningful and descriptive. It's not hard to figure out what a Zapdos or a Lavados are going to be, it's right there in the name.

But what the gently caress is a Kyurem even, or a Zygarde? I sure don't know. It's word salad.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Zygarde I would assume comes from zygote, considering the whole "cells" thing. How many 8-12 year olds would know what a zygote is on the other hand...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

FoolyCharged posted:

The games where you can capture lots and lots of things tend to have stupid tiny encounter rates to make them all fit though. And the increasing number of new monsters doesn't exactly help that colossal problem. I don't think the reason they don't let you catch em all on one cartridge is that simple
Well, that and they do try to have some semblence of balance in what you can catch at any given point in the game. Harder to do that when you have to fit 809+ monsters into one game.

It's the same reason we're probably never getting a game that lets us go to all the regions. Yeah, money's a part(why buy remakes when you can go back to the region in the Every Region game?), but so is game balance. Just look at how terrible the level curve of GSC/HGSS are, and those just had one extra region to deal with.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I really don't think Gamefreak cares terrible about game balance in that sense, considering it's perfectly possible to play through every one of them without catching a single pokemon at all and just kicking everyone's asses anyway from pure level imbalance.

They're just not really designed with that kind of thing in mind. They are, however, designed very much with keeping the most successful (and profitable) merchandising and video game franchise the Japanese video game market has ever seen fresh and ready to milk for even more money.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 16, 2018

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
They try at least a little, though. There's a reason the trash bugs, birds, and rodents are typically in the first few routes, while the legendaries and psuedolegendaries are at the end of the game.

Cardiovorax posted:

To go on a complete tangent for a moment, I miss the days when they actually bothered to localize legendaries' names into something meaningful and descriptive. It's not hard to figure out what a Zapdos or a Lavados are going to be, it's right there in the name.

But what the gently caress is a Kyurem even, or a Zygarde? I sure don't know. It's word salad.
Given how often legendaries are game mascots & main mons of the movies, I figured it was a marketing thing. Keep them the same in every region, just like Pikachu(what the gently caress is a Pikachu? What does that mean? If you don't know Japanese and don't bother googling it, you have no idea).

And the Gen 1 birds' localization is making them seem less silly as much as anything. Would anyone have taken a trio of Freezer, Thunder, and Fire seriously, even as kids?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Haifisch posted:

Given how often legendaries are game mascots & main mons of the movies, I figured it was a marketing thing.
I'm sure it is. It just also kinda sucks, because the franchise is otherwise very good at making up descriptive and punny names for its pokemons, and having a seemingly random group that keeps coming up over and over but is only ever given meaningless nonsense words for names is jarring.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Haifisch posted:

And the Gen 1 birds' localization is making them seem less silly as much as anything. Would anyone have taken a trio of Freezer, Thunder, and Fire seriously, even as kids?

Plus there'd be the oddity of "Thunder, use Thunder!"

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Haifisch posted:

what the gently caress is a Pikachu? What does that mean? If you don't know Japanese and don't bother googling it, you have no idea

Actually, a pika is a rodent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pika

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the Gen 1 birds are literally the only time legendaries ever got localized names, so it's not like "the good ol' days," it's just three Pokemon.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

azren posted:

Actually, a pika is a rodent: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pika

'Pika-pika' is also Japanese onomatopoeia for sparkling or twinkling, and 'chuu' means kiss.

Pikachu and Raichu are sparkling kiss and electric kiss, respectively.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the Gen 1 birds are literally the only time legendaries ever got localized names, so it's not like "the good ol' days," it's just three Pokemon.

There's is another example with the Forces of Nature (Thundurus vs Voltolos), but the Birds' was to a greater extent.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Haifisch posted:

Well, that and they do try to have some semblence of balance in what you can catch at any given point in the game. Harder to do that when you have to fit 809+ monsters into one game.

It's the same reason we're probably never getting a game that lets us go to all the regions. Yeah, money's a part(why buy remakes when you can go back to the region in the Every Region game?), but so is game balance. Just look at how terrible the level curve of GSC/HGSS are, and those just had one extra region to deal with.

Another big part of it is probably how quickly it would become obsolete. If Nintendo released an Every Region game right now, what would they do once Gen 8 inevitably rolls around in a year or two? Release the new region and Pokemon as DLC or an expansion pack? Make a second game with every region, including the new one?

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Vandar posted:

'Pika-pika' is also Japanese onomatopoeia for sparkling or twinkling, and 'chuu' means kiss.

Pikachu and Raichu are sparkling kiss and electric kiss, respectively.

and chu chu is the onomatopoeia for mice squeaking (which is why Anthy's weird... mouse monkey thing is called that)

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Rebonack7 posted:

Another big part of it is probably how quickly it would become obsolete. If Nintendo released an Every Region game right now, what would they do once Gen 8 inevitably rolls around in a year or two? Release the new region and Pokemon as DLC or an expansion pack? Make a second game with every region, including the new one?

It isn't Nintendo's way, but yes, they could absolutely do that. Release each subsequent region DLC style. It might have an impact on the competitive scene, not having old mons periodically be rendered unusable, but oh well.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

XainZero posted:

Shiny Delta Blastoise being Bowser is dumb in the most perfect way.

Also. Kyurem huh. I think I see where that's going.

I mean, he tried to steal Reshiram. If you don't see where that's going, you're blind.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
You know, I'm honestly tempted to download this and give it a try. Though before I dive head first into this...any other Pokerman Fangames would people suggest that are more...ah...balanced? I guess. Ones that don't throw you into the "If you don't stick to META pokemon battling you are gonna get literally nowhere in our game!" kind of dealies.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Infinite Fusion, which I and a couple other people picked up recently, is not necessarily straightforward but doesn't demand you pay much attention beyond "have a decent team composition." Which is pretty easy given you've got all of Gen 1 and 2 and can fuse them together into whatever type combination you need.

Insurgence honestly isn't that bad, though, so long as you play with the wiki open and know what's coming. Playing on easy is an option too and it's one that's more than reasonable to take.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Sadly, it's also no Pokemon Zero. IF's biggest and most annoying quirk is that it arbitrarily limits you to only using as many pokemon as the gym leader has whenever you challenge them. Theirs, of course, will be dumb fusion stuff designed with at least one "gotcha" attack in mind for anyone who just tries to exploit gym weaknesses. They'll also completely outlevel anything else you can actually get at in the current zone.

It's not nearly as bad as Reborn or Insurgence, but it's still pretty bad, especially because the awful performance makes everything take forever. I just wanted to make a fusion pokemon called Fartini and laugh every time it uses Gust, why you gotta be like that, IF?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Pokemon Zero seems extremely my jam, since I have a significant amount of Gen 1 nostalgia but also really love the additional mechanics added in more modern games.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It even has mega evolutions and poo poo, if thats your thing, so yeah, you'll really like that. Z-moves are coming later.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rebonack7 posted:

While I wouldn’t mind having Pokémon join this century of gaming and just have DLC instead of those annoying occasional distributions, the bad memories of Johto and its abysmal level curve and distribution make me hesitant about the idea of multiple regions in one game.

It would probably render the idea of releasing the updated third versions every generation obsolete, which would benefit consumers, but almost certainly harm Gamefreak’s profit margins since people won’t have to buy the same game twice anymore.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 16, 2018

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I played Pokémon Zero up until Cerulean City last night. It’s quite good! Having early move tutors and a wider spread of Pokémon makes the game feel quite fresh again.

Going through Mount Moon with a Jigglypuff running Incinerate/Water Gun/Echoed Voice was quite fun!

Geostomp posted:

It would probably render the idea of releasing the updated third versions every generation obsolete, which would benefit consumers, but almost certainly harm Gamefreak’s profit margins since people won’t have to buy the same game twice anymore.

The third versions are already becoming a thing of the last. Gen V and Gen VI both skipped them. Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon brought them back, but it makes me wonder if they’re going to continue skipping them in the future or not.

...who would you base a third Let’s Go game around? Let’s Go Meowth, maybe?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Vandar posted:

The third versions are already becoming a thing of the last. Gen V and Gen VI both skipped them. Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon brought them back, but it makes me wonder if they’re going to continue skipping them in the future or not.

Let's Go Farfetch'd!

But no, let's be real, we all know who the devs' favorite is. It'd be Let's Go Riolu!.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Vandar posted:

I played Pokémon Zero up until Cerulean City last night. It’s quite good! Having early move tutors and a wider spread of Pokémon makes the game feel quite fresh again.

Going through Mount Moon with a Jigglypuff running Incinerate/Water Gun/Echoed Voice was quite fun!

If we're counting Ultra Sun/Moon, then we have to count Black/White 2. So far, Gen 6 is the only one to not have a third version.

Let's Go are technically remakes, which usually don't get a third version.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

If we're counting Ultra Sun/Moon, then we have to count Black/White 2. So far, Gen 6 is the only one to not have a third version.

Let's Go are technically remakes, which usually don't get a third version.

Black 2/White 2 aren’t third versions. They’re full on sequels with a different story and main cast.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Vandar posted:

Black 2/White 2 aren’t third versions. They’re full on sequels with a different story and main cast.
Yeah, that was kind of unexpected. I tried out Black 2 not knowing what to expect and was all like "...wait, that's not what happened last time." I really didn't see it coming, and isn't that a sad statement.

It's kinda telling that Pokemon is so repetitive in its release cycle that getting an actual sequel, with actual repeat characters and a genuine continued plot of sorts, comes completely out of the left field.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
In that sort of argument though, you can say Gen 2 was a 'sequel' to Gen 1 as well though, right?

Also B/W introduced too many good pokes, I want way more than just the 6 I need to fit on the team. :argh:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Gen2's postgame in Kanto felt more like a non-canon bonus thing and it really has no bearing on the plot of the game as such, since you only go there once you've already pretty much won the game and are done with everything in Johto. I guess you could say it technically counts? I don't think it's really the same thing as B/W 2, though, which has you go through a region again with a completely new plot and a mixture of old and new characters. It's a real, proper "part 2" kind of sequel, and that's kinda unique in the series. It's not a bad thing at all, I just really didn't see it coming.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gen II was originally meant to be a sequel to the first games, early on in development it was named ‘Pokémon 2’.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That may be true, but the finished product just feels less like one than BW2 does. Just my opinion, though. It's not really that important. I just find it interesting because it's not something the series had ever really done before and I guess it worked out pretty well. :shrug:

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
The plot in the first two generations was extremely bare bones, as everyone knows. With stories like that, "happened later" is about as sequelish as it gets.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Hello everyone. I don't want to build this up more than I have, but this is one of those updates that I've been thinking about awful hard. Whenever you start a LP there's always a That Section that you have to work out the logistics of showing off. I'll get into this more later on, but for now just remember that this whole update has been one I've given no small amount of thought.

So let's start off on the right foot.

Up the fan and...

We're in the Jade Tower now. If not for the blockade of Sky Cult grunts, we could leave via the front exit and be back in Helios City.

They won't budge and we can't make them. That's why this section is particularly galling for backtracking.

And now the problems start.

Don't do this to me Thundervolt.

Don't do this to me Thundervolt!

That's it, now I'm mad.

I'm sorry to say that we have a turncoat in our midst. So now we need to retreat all the loving way back to the pokecenter so I can take care of this... problem.

I don't abide traitors. Thundervolt gets moved to the Benchwarmers, and the next time I play I'm making an actual SHAME BOX for her to live in by herself.

This is actually a blessing in disguise, because this lets me prepare for the upcoming boss fights. Thundervolt was a key component of my strategy, but she proved she couldn't be trusted. So on short notice I need another electric type.

One with a proven track record.

A true hero.

A few minutes later, she gets her Light Ball and is now an extremely deadly glass cannon. 138 SpAtk is pretty drat good and puts her, if not on par, then ahead of the curve with regards to the rest of the team.

Her moves really haven't changed since the last time we saw her. If I'm not mistaken, Double Team got replaced with Agility in order to coax a little more damage out of Electro Ball.

Thundervolt's betrayal was well timed at least. That last Sky Cult grunt was the last trash trainer in the place. After him it's a straight shot to the gym leader. Does anyone else think that's a weird sentence?

If you're playing along I strongly urge you to drop your save here. The point of no return for this dungeon is just beyond those medical cabinets. There's a PC here if you need to swap out your team, but there's no Nurse Joy or Chansey here. So be sure you're fully healed up and ready to go once you step past that boundary.

summoning Rayquaza!

The man talking is East, the 3rd gym leader. I didn't bother making him a portrait.

: Well, well, well. Isn't this a sight for sore eyes? Is that Damian and Amy, from Telnor Town?

very own Sky-themed Gym Leader.

: He excels in both Dragon and Flying types.
: N-no sir... we're here because... because...

: That is a serious problem. You're positive about this? Are you sure you heard what they said correctly?

pick now.

Why do I have the strangest feeling we're way out of our depth here?

: I hope this wouldn't have to happen... but what's done is done.

: H-huh? What's going on?

: Yo... your cultists? What do you mean?

Show of hands, who's surprised?

obvious.

Villain monologue, so skipping through the fluff bits.

: The Augur was strong, but he was a coward. He wasn't able to do what was necessary to keep the region safe.

So wait... he crowned himself Augur in order to cure the cultist problem plaguing Torren? By himself being the leader of a cult that got introduced 2 updates ago? WHAT? :psyduck:

: You'll never get away with this, you monster!

got all of Torren on my side.

: That's why I can't let you two blab about my true identity. Realistically, nobody would believe you, but it's a risk I can't take.

omniscient, and omnipotent.

There's so much hosed up going on in those past few sentences that I don't even know where to start.

enjoy every second of it.

: What? What has Amy done to you?
: Oh, she won't remember. She's forgotten nearly everything.

Cult!

Poor Damian's worldview is coming crashing down around him. Don't forget that he idolized Jaern. The Second Augur, as far as Damian is concerned, hung the moon and walks on water.

: Fair point. It would be hypocritical to sacrifice you after talking about a utopia, wouldn't it? Amy, in the spirit of fairness, I will give you a fighting chance.

Any other villain wouldn't give a poo poo. Jaern is kind of a moron.

And now you know why I didn't bother making a portrait for East.

chance.

orders were given.

By the way, that extremely long cutscene before? You have to sit through that every time you fail this battle. So don't gently caress up.

Here's East's team in case you wanted to know. It's seriously not a problem because my team is extremely badass. We got this poo poo covered with Noel. Though if you don't have a badass Christmas Fairy, this is a really loving hard battle.

East starts off with Steel/Flying and I have a living, flaming chandelier.

Don't forget that Sparky has the highest SpAtk on the team. So he one shots the Skarmory.

Kingdra used to have no weaknesses. Water/Dragon is a very bullshit type combination. Or it used to be.

Pop quiz time... who knows how Freeze Dry works? According to Bulbapedia...

quote:

If used on a Water-type Pokemon, this move ignores the type effectiveness of this move's type against Water and treats it as being super effective against Water types instead

Freeze Dry is an ice type move that hits supereffective against water. So now I have an ice move that hits Kingdra for 4x Supereffective. The game even plays the little "overkill" sound that only plays when you smash a weakness like that.

Dragon/Flying... meet Ice STAB 4x Supereffective.

East tried to draw the fight out longer.

I guess he forgot that the only reason Noivern survived the first time was the Focus Sash. :shrug:

Janine is here to take care of Talonflame.

Er... nevermind.

I meant Fancy!

Rock hits Fire/Flying for 4x Supereffective. Fancy can't miss with Rollout and has already doubled its damage with Defense Curl.

Altaria is East's ace. It's still Flying/Dragon and Noel can smash that weakness with ice attacks.

The sprite work on these mega evolutions really doesn't work.

I have to hand it to Mega Altaria, though! Even with a 4x weakness to Noel's primary type, it "only" took 2/3 of its HP in damage instead of being one shot outright.

Cotton Guard might have worked better had Freeze Dry not been a special move.

Ground/Flying. Still a 4x weakness to Ice.

Sorry about this, East. It's nothing personal, but the Augur's orders were given.

: I'm disappointed, East. I'd love to change my mind and save you, but I can't.

: I'm sorry- and farewell.

Confirmed Deaths: 4

Oh good. Jaern is completely bugfuck insane.

: East's sacrifice was not in vain, especially now that I can use him to summon Rayquaza. You can follow me to the roof, if you want.

twice.

: The Augur... he lied? Everything I was taught, everything I grew up believing... How the Augur fought against the cults and was the hero of the nation... that was a lie? I don't know how to feel about this...

Poor kid. :smith:

Just past the gym battle platform we find a much needed healing break.

: It's a beautiful crystal, isn't it?

Augur for as long as I can remember.

finding out.

this crystal is capable of.

: Any kind of magic-based action, such as a spell or a pokemon attack, requires two things: a focus, and energy.

No don't you dare.

directs it to do something.

This is something literally nobody was asking about and the writer felt the need to explain anyway.

: As near as I can tell, this crystal is a limitless source of energy. It contains the power of a thousand suns- maybe more.

I don't think that's true... like, at all. Could it be that he was just a really strong trainer and there was no mystical mumbo jumbo nonsense?

: Now, it's my turn to put this great gift to good use.

So yeah, Jaern has completely gone off the deep end.

: Together, the world can be ours...

: And as for you, Amy... I should have dealt with you in Telnor Town when I had the chance.

So like I was talking about way back at the start of the update, this has been something I've been thinking about a lot. This battle is the first major roadblock in the game. I've said before that Pokemon Insurgence is extremely hard, and except for the second gym leader kicking my teeth in, the game hasn't lived up to the hype.

I spent a lot of time thinking about this battle in particular, about all the different ways I could approach it... what I could possibly do in order to make it not an absolute bloodbath.

Then I read that there's a Wynaut for sale in Helios City.

Do you understand now why I call this game really loving hard? Because after a major boss battle, you're immediately thrust into a fight with a pokemon so overpowered that loving Smogon had to create a competitive tier just for it and it alone?

Die you son of a bitch!

Before we continue on, let's take another look back at my first run of the game.

My first time through, only Basilisk my Delta Pidgeot was faster than Mega Rayquaza. So it swept through 5/6 of my team and only went down because its defenses were in the shitter by that point.

I wasn't going to have a repeat of that.

same mistake twice!

I could kiss Damian right now.

: I'd say I was sorry, but I'm really not. It's a good thing Rayquaza is weak to ice, huh?

Postage stamp sized because the fog effect bloated the file size.

: What? No! The crystal!

: You stupid, stupid, stupid child!

hands!

And then Jaern runs away. Like a little bitch.

: I used to look up to him. He was my hero... but I guess that was all propaganda, huh?

: You know what we need to do? We need to fight these cults ourselves... because the Augur clearly isn't doing it for us. We're strong- we have legendaries on our side, after all- I think we could pull it off.

We don't have a bad start, to be honest. One cult down, four to go!

Yes, those 3 trainers and the gym battle were the entire extent of the Sky Cult's activities in the game. When we beat their god in a one on one duel, we broke the back of their power base and they've since disbanded.

: I nearly forgot. I found these on the ground where you and East battled. I figured you should have them. They're yours, after all.

We can take East's Will to that first desert town... the one with the Science Club. There's a dude there that will give us Altarianite.

: I'll meet you in Utira Town. There's an old library there... maybe we can learn more about that prophecy. Nora was heading there too.

: I can feel the power emanating from it.

show this to her.

Expect to start seeing Audrey pop up soon. The Abyssal Cult is extremely active in the part of Torren that we're about to visit.

: I'll make good use of this.

Let's heal up and then call this an update.

from the Rezzai Cavern!

wanted it, and they threatened us.

us from people like the Sky Cult.

Well... gently caress.

Looking ahead...

Cave of Steam

Marowak
Rhyhorn
Croconaw
Slugma
Magcargo (8%)
Torkoal
Gigalith (2%)
Druddigon (20%)
Heatmor

Cave of Steam (Surf)

Tentacruel
Starmie
Lapras
Octillery
Swampert

Cave of Steam (Fishing)

Gyarados (Super Rod)
Octillery (Super Rod)

Looking back as well...

Route 1 (Super Rod)

Dragalge

Midna Garden (Super Rod)

Cloyster
Dratini

Midna Mine (Super Rod)

Seaking
Huntail
Gorebyss
Luvdisc

Route 3 (Super Rod)

Dewgong (1%)

Route 5 (Super Rod)

Seadra
Dragonair (1%)

Route 6 (Super Rod)

Milotic (1%)

So many repeated pokemon on the fishing encounters. Well, whatever!

NEXT TIME: The Cave of Steam, and Utira Town! Let's find out about that prophecy.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Here's Jaern's battle theme.

Both East and Jaern are where Delta Scyther/Scizor really shine, especially if you manage to snag the Delta Scizorite on Route 6. Mega Delta Scizor's STAB-boosted Ice Shards are not to be sniffed at.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 17, 2018

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Jaern being evil was broadcast from like the very first cutscene, but specifically that he was the leader of the Sky Cult felt like it was out of left field. That or I kind of got lost in the plot because we've only been intermittently reminded there is a broad arc of a plot from time to time.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Wobbuffet is a glorious rear end in a top hat and this is exactly the sort of treatment a surprise douchenozzle boss like that deserves. Good work.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Yeah, this is one of the most hilarious things about the game, right here.

Also, that's the third gym badge, for reference. Most other games would be wrapping up the plot at this point (or would be for pre-postgame at the very moment, in gsc/hgss).

On Hard, the Jaern fight is even worse just because of two things. V-Create, and a White Herb. Yeah, you can't cheese it with a steel type on Hard, you just have to either let it kill enough for something to kill the lowered stats, outspeed and oneshot, or just uh. Do what DoubleNegative did.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

RIP Rayquaza. Punched itself to death.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I'm a bit disappointed that Rayquaza didn't just leave like Darkrai did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
That news report there... It's worded in the kind of goofy way that a real pokemon game definitely would do it if it had a scenario (remotely) resembling this one with a corrupt leader. I can't help but approve.