Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Steve2911 posted:

Is To Binge Empire Ants? No.

no but it is the other Little Dragon collab on Plastic Beach soooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010
Just wanted to post and say ya'll should be listening to the new The Good, the Bad and the Queen album that just came out today. I'm on two listens now, and it feels like the best thing Albarn's made in well over a decade. The first album that I've heard that has felt mid-WW3.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
yeah this TGTBTQ album is immaculate, far better than TNN.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Been trying forever to get a hold of those limited edition G-Shock watches that came out.

Turns out that someone hacked the G-Shock website and hosed with most of the online orders, causing all the technical difficulties all day. Then I got an e-mail saying there’s a small quantity of Murdoc watches and already the online orders were gone.

So I had to wait outside the London shop from 6 till 10, just to pick up a watch before they completely sold out. Let that be a lesson, don’t bother ordering stuff online and just go retail instead. :xd:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Also G-Shock is shite.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like how they look but I can't justify buying a watch at that price in 2018

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Actually you should thank me for getting one of those watches, because otherwise you'd never hear the new Tranz remix that's exclusive to the watches. (Yes really)

Here's the soundcloud link.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

thanks for sharing! like most Gorillaz remixes though it isn't noteworthy at all

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The only worthwhile Gorillaz remixes are 19-2000 Soulchild and El Manana Metronomy

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

The only worthwhile Gorillaz remixes are 19-2000 Soulchild and El Manana Metronomy

Look at this guy who doesn't like the Junior Sanchez Remix of Dare.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Yeah look at him he sounds correct, and strong, and handsome.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

dram remix of andromeda is good

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

dram remix is not a remix it's an alternate version of the song they made for humanz

also the best gorillaz remix is the DARE DFA remix although the Metronomy one is up there good work

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hughesta posted:

dram remix is not a remix it's an alternate version of the song they made for humanz

also the best gorillaz remix is the DARE DFA remix although the Metronomy one is up there good work

almost forgot about jamie t’s turn into monsters remix of kids with guns, that ones good too

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TheIndividual posted:

Just wanted to post and say ya'll should be listening to the new The Good, the Bad and the Queen album that just came out today. I'm on two listens now, and it feels like the best thing Albarn's made in well over a decade. The first album that I've heard that has felt mid-WW3.

late to this party but having just listened to it you're 100% on the money, excellent album that has a "middle of a tired war" feel and going through the whole thing with all the videos done for it gave it so much personality, just a beautiful album.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Anonymous John posted:

The Del verse is iconic, wouldn't do the song justice otherwise.

Almost didn't happen. In short, last minute Dan asked Del to make a new verse when he was done in the studio working on other things. Del just wanted to go home but wrote and recorded the verse because he knew Jamie Hewlett was involved and likes Tank Girl. Pretty amazing how something so iconic was written so quickly and I always figured he was more heavily involved but apparently he knew very little about the story and the project all together.

The Gorillaz part comes in around 3 minutes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2qSq6NpNY

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Fors Yard posted:

Almost didn't happen. In short, last minute Dan asked Del to make a new verse when he was done in the studio working on other things. Del just wanted to go home but wrote and recorded the verse because he knew Jamie Hewlett was involved and likes Tank Girl. Pretty amazing how something so iconic was written so quickly and I always figured he was more heavily involved but apparently he knew very little about the story and the project all together.

The Gorillaz part comes in around 3 minutes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2qSq6NpNY

That's super interesting, I had no idea. Ngl, kills me a little that he couldnt remember Jamie's name lol

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Documentary about Gorillaz coming to cinemas worldwide December 16

https://youtu.be/Dx5Ty1FzgvU

It’s directed by Jamie Hewlett’s son.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They already did Bananaz, so I'm starting to feel like this is a bit too vain to do a second one. (Not to mention Rise of the Ogre.)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IUG posted:

They already did Bananaz, so I'm starting to feel like this is a bit too vain to do a second one. (Not to mention Rise of the Ogre.)

yea wheres my loving gorillaz cartoon????

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Just came out of the documentary.

It’s good. Very fly on the wall style, no narration or interviews. Just tons of footage from recording and live shows. No full songs live, just snippets but edited really well. Lots of funny bits. Not much on the art/Jamie side of things, almost all the music. No new songs or announcements. Bonus stuff after the credits is another 10 min or so of similar footage.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Just came out of the documentary.

It’s good. Very fly on the wall style, no narration or interviews. Just tons of footage from recording and live shows. No full songs live, just snippets but edited really well. Lots of funny bits. Not much on the art/Jamie side of things, almost all the music. No new songs or announcements. Bonus stuff after the credits is another 10 min or so of similar footage.

What songs do we get to see the making-of? My favorite stuff from the previous docs have been the look into songs being recorded, especially getting to hear early versions of some songs on the PB doc.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

hughesta posted:

What songs do we get to see the making-of? My favorite stuff from the previous docs have been the look into songs being recorded, especially getting to hear early versions of some songs on the PB doc.

Most of Humanz and The Now Now is covered but it’s snippets of recording at best. Like 20 seconds of someone laying down vocals or playing with synthesisers. It has a super loose scrapbook feel.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

absolutely loved the film. While not really a good documentary it was absolutely jam packed with treats for fans. Early versions of songs, tour rehearsals, cut tracks... even if we only got small pieces of them, it's a remarkable gift to have these bits of things that would otherwise be totally lost.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

The documentary is going up on youtube today, uncut

hughesta fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 25, 2020

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I need the Kelela duet version of busted and blue

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

there's a new single premiering next week, it features Slowthai and Slaves

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Holy crap Damon has blessed us with so much new music in the last few years

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/gorillaz/status/1222196052570394624

A thing! I guess?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

So far just that 20 second ditty. Not sure what it's supposed to be but the spotify channel says to follow for the next episodes (?). I guess a slow release album?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
maybe Damon's version of dial a song?

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

based on all the info that's been creeping out over the last year and a half, I'm expecting a slow-releasing album, maybe a video for every song. There's gonna be a new G-Bite tomorrow too, we'll probably get quite a few of those down the stretch.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTt7301PR5k

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
New song is good.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

song is good, cant believe we have a gorillaz song with mike dean production now

new song + video every month for the foreseeable future, per Damon himself.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Song's good - kind of gives me DoYaThing vibes. Not sure how I feel about a long dripfeed of new tracks. Especially if all of the videos are along the lines of "the band jamming in Damon's living room". Happy to give it a chance though. Hopefully they can maintain the quality.

Eh I suppose I've given up on getting videos as cool and high budget as Demon Days and Plastic Beach had.

stev fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 31, 2020

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the new song would be much better with jamie t rather than slowthai imo

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I like it, but that's mainly because it sounds like it could have maybe been a b-side for their self titled album, not quite up there with those tunes though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

New track tomorrow. Looks like whoever said it'd be monthly was right. It's exactly four weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stev posted:

New track tomorrow. Looks like whoever said it'd be monthly was right. It's exactly four weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLKZKmdZEjM