Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AttackBacon posted:

Sucks that his ex-wife also sounds like a terrible person so we can't even really be sympathetic for her either. People suck sometimes.
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

She was no angel.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

controversial opinion but im more sympathetic to the woman that got beat than the guy that had to pay 900 bucks and cant play a video game anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Listen, I;m torn too. She got her skull caved in by a merciless freak who has anger issues, but on the other hand, Hakan is the most powerful character in the game when oiled up. ANybody would see that morality is more often gray than black or white.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The truth is somewhere in 5

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AttackBacon posted:

Neither one comes out looking very good in that report. If it's accurate then it sounds like a lot of the really bad allegations we're a deliberate character assassination. poo poo situation all around but if that report is accurate I understand why he's only getting a year ban. What it details is a lot different than the initial allegations, which we're pretty heinous. Ultimately though, domestic violence is domestic violence and it's never ever acceptable and there needed to be a real punishment, so I'm glad they did something. Sucks that his ex-wife also sounds like a terrible person so we can't even really be sympathetic for her either. People suck sometimes.

You are just actual scum, my duder.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

AttackBacon posted:

Neither one comes out looking very good in that report. If it's accurate then it sounds like a lot of the really bad allegations we're a deliberate character assassination. poo poo situation all around but if that report is accurate I understand why he's only getting a year ban. What it details is a lot different than the initial allegations, which we're pretty heinous. Ultimately though, domestic violence is domestic violence and it's never ever acceptable and there needed to be a real punishment, so I'm glad they did something. Sucks that his ex-wife also sounds like a terrible person so we can't even really be sympathetic for her either. People suck sometimes.

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
he was charged with misdemeanor battery, she *rifling thru papers* wouldnt let him in to get his stuff. impossible to tell whos the bad guy here

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

Listen, I;m torn too. She got her skull caved in by a merciless freak who has anger issues, but on the other hand, Hakan is the most powerful character in the game when oiled up. ANybody would see that morality is more often gray than black or white.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

You are a treasure sometimes.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
maybe if she put on a mask and screamed funny things on stream I'd be more sympathetic towards her being brutally assaulted by her dirtbag ex husband

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

it's okay he only hit her a little bit

also kuroda diddled again

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1063098244257857536

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AttackBacon posted:

:yikes:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I definitely didn't expect the PG report to be as thorough and professional as it turned out, and I certainly didn't expect them to actually publish it.

Do you guys think he'll be back in 2020? I can't imagine he'll try and return.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I can't imagine anyone would sponsor him at least.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

EMP Infiltration

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

I definitely didn't expect the PG report to be as thorough and professional as it turned out, and I certainly didn't expect them to actually publish it.

Do you guys think he'll be back in 2020? I can't imagine he'll try and return.

He will return and he will probably do fine like all convicted criminals who play sports

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he'll return and capcom will ban anyone who brings up the poo poo he did

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Zand posted:

the guy he punched was on crutches too

You can use the cruches reach for zoning ppl so Noel brown had to rush him down

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

AttackBacon posted:

Eat my whole rear end in a top hat lmao

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Eat my whole rear end in a top hat lmao

Meet me by the tree

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if you try to defend infiltration at all I'll assume you're a piece of poo poo

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

AttackBacon posted:

:yikes:

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Infil will be back in 2 years to play the newest season 5.5 character in SFV, chef boss from Final Fight 2, and the community will welcome him back with open arms and the only people mentioning the incident will be r/kappa trolls in stream who will then get dogpiled and banned for spreading slander, and the whole event will be glossed over and then memoryholed because the FGC is primarily composed of trash human beings who play trash games.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

when do we get a war criminal evo champ

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poniard posted:

An Elena player already won

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Poniard posted:

the head of Chechnya has a huge thing for MMA, not so sure for FGs

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Poniard posted:

Does Marn count

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

This is probably a doomed effort since everyone has obviously decided that I'm dog whistling or some poo poo, although I don't think my take was even that nuanced, but here goes, then I'll drop it.

I'm strongly on the side of punish him and ANY domestic abuser, but if that report is true then the stuff about him beating her bloody isn't true, and after the incident she tried to get back in his good graces to take money from him, had people plant false evidence of cheating to character assassinate him, etc etc. Like obviously I think men should be held to a stricter standard in these situations due to the historical context of male abuse and the power differential in almost all domestic abuse cases. But that doesn't mean she was not a dirtbag as well (note I am NOT saying "See, she deserved it!", no one deserves ANY kind of domestic abuse). I had entirely written him off as an irredeemable rear end in a top hat before I read that report, and I still think he hosed up big time, but it gives a lot more context and doesn't make her look good at all. Of course that is all contingent on the veracity of the report but it seems as well researched as it could be in the circumstances. They released him after all.

I'm just saying it's a poo poo situation all around and that makes me sad, whereas at least if she wasn't an rear end in a top hat too I could feel better about making GBS threads on him. I feel like SA should be a place where people can understand a nuanced take like that? I'm not going to get into it anymore because I've seen how these thread dogpiles go but I think it's a reasonable take on it.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 16, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The more I read that the louder my tinitus gets and it overwhelms my inner monologue by the second sentence

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

AttackBacon posted:

This is probably a doomed effort since everyone has obviously decided that I'm dog whistling or some poo poo, although I don't think my take was even that nuanced, but here goes, then I'll drop it.

I'm strongly on the side of punish him and ANY domestic abuser, but if that report is true then the stuff about him beating her bloody isn't true, and after the incident she tried to get back in his good graces to take money from him, had people plant false evidence of cheating to character assassinate him, etc etc. Like obviously I think men should be held to a stricter standard in these situations due to the historical context of male abuse and the power differential in almost all domestic abuse cases. But that doesn't mean she was not a dirtbag as well (note I am NOT saying "See, she deserved it!", no one deserves ANY kind of domestic abuse). I had entirely written him off as an irredeemable rear end in a top hat before I read that report, and I still think he hosed up big time, but it gives a lot more context and doesn't make her look good at all. Of course that is all contingent on the veracity of the report but it seems as well researched as it could be in the circumstances. They released him after all.

I'm just saying it's a poo poo situation all around and that makes me sad, whereas at least if she wasn't an rear end in a top hat too I could feel better about making GBS threads on him. I feel like SA should be a place where people can understand a nuanced take like that? I'm not going to get into it anymore because I've seen how these thread dogpiles go but I think it's a reasonable take on it.
did you forget about the audio transcript of the recording where he was choking her while she pleaded with him and called for her mom

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

AttackBacon posted:

nobody cares shut up

does anyone want to talk about fighting games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zand posted:

nobody cares shut up

does anyone want to talk about fighting games

I'm curious if the 5th franchise that they announced for BBtag like 2 weeks after release is ever actually going to come out, they've been radio silent since launch month about the game entirely

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

IronicDongz posted:

did you forget about the audio transcript of the recording where he was choking her while she pleaded with him and called for her mom

I was not aware of it. If it's true then that would change my reading of the situations as well.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AttackBacon posted:

https://youtu.be/p92eHG26cZM

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

AttackBacon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

In Training posted:

I'm curious if the 5th franchise that they announced for BBtag like 2 weeks after release is ever actually going to come out, they've been radio silent since launch month about the game entirely

I hope it's not Senran Kagura, anything else would be fine