Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Any tips for the stupid Horseman challenge where I gotta drag a guy 3300 feet? Eventually Arthur just releases the lasso. Also this would be a whole lot easier to track if it kept the distance counter active on the screen while I was attempting ...

Arthur seems to release the lasso when you go too fast. Just slow down a little. You don't need to go walking pace either, it doesn't matter if the guy dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

titties posted:

I just sprinted up to someone with my revolver out and tried to pistol whip him but instead tackled him to the ground, shoved the barrel up under his chin and blew his brains out. P gruesome in 1st person A++ would recommend

Try the same with a shotgun. I did it accidentally today and was horrified.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That happened to me but it was because i wasn't standing in the yellow area on the map to fish from. Once I moved two feet over and started fishing from there, he started talking, gave me some crickets, I caught fish and he decided he was done. But at that point you have to left trigger engage him and answer if you want to keep fishing or leave. did you not answer him?

I did it again, did the whole thing again, skipped the cutscenes, this time he put his rod away and said he's going home. Last time he just said he was going home but never stopped fishing. I never got a prompt. I never got an option to fast travel back. This time I did.

No idea.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Has any of you been raped as Arthur yet? That was... really unexpected

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dalael posted:

Arthur seems to release the lasso when you go too fast. Just slow down a little. You don't need to go walking pace either, it doesn't matter if the guy dies.

Thanks, friend.

Also on the subject of outfits mattering for cops, all I did this time was just swap from my bear hat to my fox hat and I didn't get recognized right away for my 5th train robbery. Maybe it also matters for state jurisdictions? I robbed the last train right outside of Saint Denis. Got into a pretty heated running gun battle with the cops where I nearly died a bunch too because the game did the stupid "removing my long guns" trick again, but only got a $325 bounty.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I gotta say, whoever decided that dying (the player, not the horse) should result in all your pelts going away should be poo poo canned immediately. I guess don't bother hunting while you're out treasure hunting because you'll inevitably fall to your death trying to make some jump the game wasn't really designed to accommodate.

e: On a related note High Stakes Treasure Map #3 can eat my whole rear end.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 16, 2018

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Just save scum before you do that stuff.

The game has decided I shouldn't have varmint rifle ammo or Improved arrows anymore and just throws them out whenever I start a mission. It's really great.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What rockstar loses on the 100 hour workweeks, it makes up via its post-release policy of 'never fix any bugs'

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

No Mods No Masters posted:

What rockstar loses on the 100 hour workweeks, it makes up via its post-release policy of 'never fix any bugs'

Everyone has five years of banked time in lieu.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Dalael posted:

Has any of you been raped as Arthur yet? That was... really unexpected

I was offered a drink and another but as I felt myself getting roofied I got out at my earliest convenience. That couple was definitely looking for a third. Was the swamp shack couple what you were talking about?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

No Mods No Masters posted:

They've actually said they're working on patching the bug that causes your camp members to disappear, so maybe some other stuff will get fixed or broken worse in the process. :shrug:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Krinkle posted:

I was offered a drink and another but as I felt myself getting roofied I got out at my earliest convenience. That couple was definitely looking for a third. Was the swamp shack couple what you were talking about?

No, that's the Aberdeen Pig Farm. Dalael is talking about something else.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lexorin posted:

The game has decided I shouldn't have varmint rifle ammo or Improved arrows anymore and just throws them out whenever I start a mission. It's really great.

Save scumming doesn't work because saving and reloading is another good way for all your pelts to magically disappear.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It might still be there, I've had pelts disappear off the butt of the horse but still be in the cargo.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Lexorin posted:

I'm done with all of the missions and while it means my guns have finally quit randomly disappearing, I still lose all of my varmint rifle ammo at least once every few hours.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Krinkle posted:

Nope...

met a random shack with a guy who offered food. Looked like a trap, smelled like a trap... t'was totally a trap.

If you agree and walk in, he knocks you out (can't be avoided) and its clearly implied that he rapes you.

You even walk funny afterward.

Not sure where i was exactly, i just stumbled on it.

*edit: Found a video: https://youtu.be/x4Mr-IO6pSs

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010

Lexorin posted:

This happened to me after i got a carving in my varmint rifle, so if you modified your gun just reverse the changes and hopefully you stop losing your ammo. No idea about the arrows though.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
I forgot if I posted this but this is the fate of the guy with that arm problem near Saint Denis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N34Uz67GYlw

Arthur and his crew sure do bring a lot of people to the grinder if they don't grind them up themselves.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Went to the saloon in Valentine to get a haircut at night. Some old drunk was there wearing a fur coat and a raccoon hat loudly talking poo poo to everyone in the bar. Got a haircut and a shave, then went to get a shot of whiskey. Old man comes over to me and we get into a fistfight. Took me a while but I finally laid him out.

I am now the proud owner of one incredible raccoon hat.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

DrNutt posted:

I gotta say, whoever decided that dying (the player, not the horse) should result in all your pelts going away should be poo poo canned immediately. I guess don't bother hunting while you're out treasure hunting because you'll inevitably fall to your death trying to make some jump the game wasn't really designed to accommodate.

e: On a related note High Stakes Treasure Map #3 can eat my whole rear end.

This happened to me. Sometime early into Chapter 4, I decided to go on a very prolonged hunting trip. Went way up to the north west looking for moose, and had literally dozens of pelts on the horse (which is dumb b/c the trapper is not far away).

This was last saturday, and I guess I had spent around 5 hours gathering perfects up there trying to fill my shopping list for crafting. On the way back to the trapper from the starting frozen town area, I hit cinematic camera to do some googling and some noise and two wolf tackles later before I could pick up the controller, all the pelts were gone, and my arab horse was dead (of course had not thought to save in 5 hours either).

I said "Woooooooooooooow" so long, the next breath was a long gasp.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jerusalem posted:

I finally got that loving thing to spawn, and as it crested the hill I took a moment to think,"How beautiful and majestic, it almost seems a shame to ki-" and then 4 wolves ripped my dick off and I lost all the perfect boar pelts I'd been storing on my horse :cripes:

It’s posts like this that could keep me reading this thread forever

Hugh Malone posted:

I made lists for Pearson and the Trapper. Their inventories are not shared.

Pearson:

e: I missed "elk pelt" in the main list here, but it's in the satchel list

Trapper:

(legendary pelts not included)
e2: missing "deer pelt (3)"

as was mentioned, make sure to hang onto these items if you find them; for crafting talismans at the fence:

*vintage civil war handcuffs
*gold jointed bracelet
*silver chain bracelet
*quartz chunk
*gold earring
*cobalt petrified wood
*abalone shell fragment
*silver earring
*old brass compass

Helpful posts like this should all be going in the op imo

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Basic Poster posted:

This happened to me. Sometime early into Chapter 4, I decided to go on a very prolonged hunting trip. Went way up to the north west looking for moose, and had literally dozens of pelts on the horse (which is dumb b/c the trapper is not far away).

This was last saturday, and I guess I had spent around 5 hours gathering perfects up there trying to fill my shopping list for crafting. On the way back to the trapper from the starting frozen town area, I hit cinematic camera to do some googling and some noise and two wolf tackles later before I could pick up the controller, all the pelts were gone, and my arab horse was dead (of course had not thought to save in 5 hours either).

Yeah, after I lost 4 perfect pig pelts I got from that one gunslinger's farm I save constantly every time I go on a hunting trip, ha.

But now I've got the Legend of the East satchel crafted before the end of chapter 2 so it's alllll good.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Love that the game gives you honor for killing Klansmen and that old slaver (slave catcher?) while he’s blubbering about “muh heritage”.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Basic Poster posted:

If the trapper spawned more frequently and in a greater variety of locations it would be better but I feel like maybe 1 loaded save out of 10 he's only at Saint Denis, so in the early Chapter 2 portion of the game, going out on hunts nowhere near there tends to be incredibly painful. At least there's a lot of stuff yet to turn in to Pearson.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

As of today "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" is on Netflix.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Chapter 4 spoilers:

So I've just attacked Bronte's mansion, and now I'm unable to drop pelts off at the camp because Pearson is locked. Do I have to do another mission or have I hit some point of no return?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
lol there's a dead woman in a barrel near Donner Falls

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Love that the game gives you honor for killing Klansmen and that old slaver (slave catcher?) while he’s blubbering about “muh heritage”.

I used a Klan rear end in a top hat for my horse lasso drag challenge and made sure to go slow enough that he stayed alive for the entire thing. It was pleasing to get a quick honor boost when I finished the challenge and put him in a fire.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Does it matter if I do the Eagle Flies or RIvers Fall mission first?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dalael posted:

Nope...

met a random shack with a guy who offered food. Looked like a trap, smelled like a trap... t'was totally a trap.

If you agree and walk in, he knocks you out (can't be avoided) and its clearly implied that he rapes you.

You even walk funny afterward.

Not sure where i was exactly, i just stumbled on it.

*edit: Found a video: https://youtu.be/x4Mr-IO6pSs

When I see a random shack I shoot the person and see what's good to loot

I am glad that my sociopathy is vindicated

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Jesus christ that handwriting is beautiful. Cudos for maintaining a dead skill.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

DrNutt posted:

If the trapper spawned more frequently and in a greater variety of locations it would be better but I feel like maybe 1 loaded save out of 10 he's only at Saint Denis, so in the early Chapter 2 portion of the game, going out on hunts nowhere near there tends to be incredibly painful. At least there's a lot of stuff yet to turn in to Pearson.

Uh he’s always at any of the locations he should be in? Also he seems to be open 24/7 unlike other stores.

I do wish he had like, one location around Valentine.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sigh. I got the no improved arrows and varmint rifle ammo bug. Thankfully I’ve done all my hunting except for cosmetic and achievement stuff.

Honestly I won’t worry about crafting anything cosmetic unless it carries over to online. I already have the best coat, the legendary wolf one. It’s totally worth the extra health drain to wear.

Also, having basically unlimited inventory space is awesome.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dogen posted:

Uh he’s always at any of the locations he should be in? Also he seems to be open 24/7 unlike other stores.

I do wish he had like, one location around Valentine.

No he only appears randomly outside of Saint Denis. He's not always at those other locations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

he's been in his outside locations 100% of the times i've visited them

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

DrNutt posted:

? The trapper has set locations and he is there 100% of the time for me so I have no idea what you mean by if he spawned? Here's the ones I know about :
NE of riggs station, on a hill. Just within Ox poaching distance.
North west of strawberry, all the way against the border of the world.
West of annesburg in the forsts on the west side of the river.
St. Denis (obviously)

I feel like there must be more.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

No he only appears randomly outside of Saint Denis. He's not always at those other locations.

I think you may be wrong, buddy. He's always out at any of his locations. I never have trouble finding him.

Krinkle posted:

? The trapper has set locations and he is there 100% of the time for me so I have no idea what you mean by if he spawned? Here's the ones I know about :
NE of riggs station, on a hill. Just within Ox poaching distance.
North west of strawberry, all the way against the border of the world.
West of annesburg in the forsts on the west side of the river.
St. Denis (obviously)

I feel like there must be more.

Clarification: there's one who becomes accessible in the lower west part of West Elizabeth.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 17, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't know it we're playing the same game or what because he's rarely outside of Saint Denis for me. Does he actually appear on your map or do you just have to remember roughly where he is and he shows up when you're there? If that's what you're talking bout then just lol, that's incredibly stupid to have him only marked on the map sometimes according to which digital winds are blowing wherever.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

I don't know it we're playing the same game or what because he's rarely outside of Saint Denis for me. Does he actually appear on your map or do you just have to remember roughly where he is and he shows up when you're there. If that's what you're talking bout then just lol

He's both on my map and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

There's a map icon of like six petals of a flower all pointed inwards and it's always on the map and he's always there.