Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

It's the ultimate collateral to make sure you work through your debt slavery.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Hobold posted:

Their brains are supposed to be in jars, in some vault, not in their torsos. It can't be real.

i think you're misunderstanding the implications of brain-shelving

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
You seem ace, so here's my face.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I didn't think that Thursby could get any weirder.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

skaianDestiny posted:

Not sure if this was posted but here's what happens when you reach the highest standing level with Solaris. Big spoilers.

https://imgur.com/a/TeAMGlk

this is the weirdest fuckin game

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Cinnamon Bear posted:

It's not even later on, just go to Cetus and bam, amp. Tag along at night and bam, get a 1/1/1 that is 10x stronger.

I finished that quest and haven't done this yet. What do I do exactly.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

turn off the TV posted:

I didn't think that Thursby could get any weirder.

Dandywalken posted:

You seem ace, so here's my face.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I finished that quest and haven't done this yet. What do I do exactly.

Make a right at Konzu and follow the path slightly obscured by the rocks. When you get to the door, go to spoiler mode and talk to the dude inside.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

Do you want to blow your mind even more?

You can press 'y' to use a cipher to hack instead of clicking the button.

Okay, blow my mind with this answer: I see people sometimes instantly reviving people. What's the item that allows for that?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Victory Position posted:

Okay, blow my mind with this answer: I see people sometimes instantly reviving people. What's the item that allows for that?

It's a spoiler power.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm super curious as to what the gently caress baruuk is going to do

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm super curious as to what the gently caress baruuk is going to do

8 years of sitting on the fence and trying to meet the grineer halfway before retiring to an island and letting chaos engulf the system.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

She'd make a great Magical Girl Anime protagonist

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think you're misunderstanding the implications of brain-shelving
I think I'm misunderstanding it too... Did the SU folks manage to buy back their heads somehow, but not a real body to attach them to? Or is the rig just the "shelf" for the brain, and all the Solaris are like that? Why do the kids get to keep their heads on top of their bodies? I didn't have a good idea of what was going on even before seeing this album, and I definitely don't now. :confused:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sikreci posted:

I think I'm misunderstanding it too... Did the SU folks manage to buy back their heads somehow, but not a real body to attach them to? Or is the rig just the "shelf" for the brain, and all the Solaris are like that? Why do the kids get to keep their heads on top of their bodies? I didn't have a good idea of what was going on even before seeing this album, and I definitely don't now. :confused:

i think the idea is basically that if a person gets super far deep in debt and is more or less lined up to be 'punished' their head is removed from the body entirely and pretty much just stuck in a closet for a time. i assume the kids still have their own on top because their body isn't developed enough to feasibly support all the weird augs. my idea is that in order to survive all the harsh work conditions they have to go further and further down the rabbit hole which eventually leads to 'maybe head would be safer if kept in chest' which is why Literally Everyone is like that. i could be wrong, though, since it's a bit vague.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think the idea is basically that if a person gets super far deep in debt and is more or less lined up to be 'punished' their head is removed from the body entirely and pretty much just stuck in a closet for a time. i assume the kids still have their own on top because their body isn't developed enough to feasibly support all the weird augs. my idea is that in order to survive all the harsh work conditions they have to go further and further down the rabbit hole which eventually leads to 'maybe head would be safer if kept in chest' which is why Literally Everyone is like that. i could be wrong, though, since it's a bit vague.

I'm pretty sure that's the gist of it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I went from horrified, to amazed, to highly entertained. Good work, DE!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Some Fortuna peeps have dialogue that back up the later half of that, that they willingly get those augs in order to work in Venus' environment. Whether or not this happened before or after the debt slavery is up in the air.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

What's the Zaw build for Vanquish the Stars? I can see the blade's sepfahn...

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Elissimpark posted:

What's the Zaw build for Vanquish the Stars? I can see the blade's sepfahn...

Looks like this: https://semlar.com/zawcalc/9410

I personally tend to run a little lighter on crit since I prefer a blood rush/condition overload hybrid build, and would either go full speed with a Seekalla grip or full damage with Shtung.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I made a slow zaw with the Shtung once. Never again, Seekalla all day.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

FunkyFjord posted:

I made a slow zaw with the Shtung once. Never again, Seekalla all day.

It really depends on the weapon type/stance. A heavy blade Zaw using Shtung can still be faster than any normal heavy blade.

Most of the time, though? Seekalla all the way, for sure.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yup thats the one. As for modding:

With a gladiator mod frame this reaches disgusting levels very quickly, throwing out 4 then 5 and 6 digit damage numbers with Valkyr and is essentially immortal.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Tasty. What's the riven like?

Helter Skelter posted:

Looks like this: https://semlar.com/zawcalc/9410

I personally tend to run a little lighter on crit since I prefer a blood rush/condition overload hybrid build, and would either go full speed with a Seekalla grip or full damage with Shtung.

How would you mod a hybrid like that? Having trouble picturing it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

Tasty. What's the riven like?

CritChance + Reach, works pretty well

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ever get a riven thats so easy you just laugh?

"kill 72 enemies with finishers without failing a mission"

just gonna pull out this concealed lethality dagger zaw I have and inaros or a stealth frame and just go to town in survival

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Cinnamon Bear posted:

"kill 72 enemies with finishers without failing a mission"

just gonna pull out this concealed lethality dagger zaw I have and inaros or a stealth frame and just go to town in survival

My last 3 unlocks have all been the "Kill 3 flying condrocs" one. Its more time consuming to get onto plains, and the one spot where they are, than actually doing it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I need to fish 6 times in a row, alone :gonk:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Elissimpark posted:

How would you mod a hybrid like that? Having trouble picturing it.
About like this:

Probably swap Fury for Berserker.

e: like this

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 17, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Kaincypher posted:

Speaking of Second Dream, does anyone actually use operator mode for anything? I miss having the previous focus power. I forget the name, but your frame floats a bit and fires off an energy beam. That was awesome.

When fully kitted out they can hold their own in sorties and arbitrations just fine. (I greatly recommend the T4 scaffold, ho drat it does a lot of damage)

Also about brain shelving: Pretty sure it's indefinite solitary confinement, pretty much forcing your next of kin to pay up

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

About like this:

Probably swap Fury for Berserker.

e: like this

Isn't Condition Overload based on getting status procs to bump up the damage? How do you build those?

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Cinnamon Bear posted:

It's not even later on, just go to Cetus and bam, amp. Tag along at night and bam, get a 1/1/1 that is 10x stronger.

If by "bam, get a 1/1/1 that is 10x stronger" you mean "go do a bunch of fishing so you can craft Murkray bait so you can go do *more* fishing so that you can get Murkray livers that are somehow used in the construction of a magical laser gauntlet", sure.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Simon The Digger posted:

If by "bam, get a 1/1/1 that is 10x stronger" you mean "go do a bunch of fishing so you can craft Murkray bait so you can go do *more* fishing so that you can get Murkray livers that are somehow used in the construction of a magical laser gauntlet", sure.

Fishing is chill and murkray is pretty easy to nab.

Also everytime I go to the drugstore I see fish oil supplements so I'm assuming its related to unlocking psychic potential

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Well, I was busy hanging my new Baro Ki'Teer glyph tastefully in my distinguished orbiter and I realised i had a not-Gundam in my decorations. Even better, by giving it my default load out, it will always dress like me.

What fun!

Don't talk to me or my Oberon ever again.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Elissimpark posted:

Isn't Condition Overload based on getting status procs to bump up the damage? How do you build those?

Have a reasonable amount of status chance (50% here isn't amazing, but it's totally fine for a hybrid build) and a decent spread of damage types, then hit stuff.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Oh yeah, forgot about IPS damage. That makes more sense now.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Cinnamon Bear posted:

riven got the last laugh, it was for cronus :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

My GOTL Riven was for the Cronus as well.

:smith: