Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Keromaru5 posted:

I'm pretty sure the 90's Gamera trilogy and Gamera the Brave are already what the 60's movies were trying to be.

I love Gamera the Brave because it takes the "Gamera is a friend to all children" theme of the original series straight to its logical conclusion: Gamera as E.T.

Fantastic movies, that would still be riffable.

My own Turkey Day Gauntlet has become a triple-header: Santa Clause vs. meets the Ice Cream Bunny. Star Wars Holiday Special. Fun in Balloon Land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The 90's Gamera flicks (or the Hesei-era Godzilla stuff) would be neat, watching them do monster flicks with some craft to them.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I'm seeing the late show in Minneapolis tomorrow night and I don't know whether the movie is either Deathstalker or Deathstalker II

I see conflicting answers on the official site... does anyone know which one it is?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

manero posted:

I'm seeing the late show in Minneapolis tomorrow night and I don't know whether the movie is either Deathstalker or Deathstalker II

I see conflicting answers on the official site... does anyone know which one it is?

The one without the rape

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Burkion posted:

The one without the rape

That doesn't narrow it down, actually.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It's Deathstalker II.

Basically they announced it as Deathstalker, then Joel actually watched the movie and they announced they were switching to II.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Diabolik900 posted:

It's Deathstalker II.

Basically they announced it as Deathstalker, then Joel actually watched the movie and they announced they were switching to II.

Ah, employing the Sidehackers Rule.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Diabolik900 posted:

It's Deathstalker II.

I'm actually kind of excited, since I watched Deathstalker on Amazon one night, totally randomly.. I was sort of wondering how they'd deal with all those scenes!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

At da Chicago show dis is great

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Ditto. Caught Milwaukee last night.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Diabolik900 posted:

It's Deathstalker II.

Nothing could top the RedLetterMedia review of the first and how you can extract humor from it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NutritiousSnack posted:

Nothing could top the RedLetterMedia review of the first and how you can extract humor from it.

Which also flies completely in the face of how MST3K likes to do its humor

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Burkion posted:

Which also flies completely in the face of how MST3K likes to do its humor

Yeah, I'm agreeing here. Deathstalker is Grade A poo poo, but not for something like MST3K. 2 is a better tonal fit

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Junkie Disease posted:

At da Chicago show dis is great

Sup, Chicago show buddy! :hfive:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Okay, The Screaming Skull is my new low-key favorite episode nobody talks about.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

Dawgstar posted:

Okay, The Screaming Skull is my new low-key favorite episode nobody talks about.

I think it was originally titled "Screaming; Skull".

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Mickey's Theme.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
My wife and I have plans most of the day tomorrow, so we decided to run our own Turkey Day today, with each of us choosing three movies.

Her:
Fire Maidens of Outer Space
Space Mutiny
Time Chasers

Me:
Fugitive Alien
Alien from L.A.
The Deadly Bees

Mostly episodes we already love, but she's never seen Fire Maidens of Outer Space, and I don't have any recollection of The Deadly Bees even existing, despite watching the show religiously during its original run from seasons 3-10.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Dawgstar posted:

That man, never finishes anything!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

I watched this alone one night, and let me tell you, even with the riffing it's very effective at being creepy and scary!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I watched this alone one night, and let me tell you, even with the riffing it's very effective at being creepy and scary!

Did you die of fright and get your free coffin!?

Also the sketch with Mike and Crow as the Skull and he's just monotone screaming... oh, that is beyond a delight.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Remember, folks, if you die of boredom, you do not get a free coffin. Sorry.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

"Everyone loves a slink-skull"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I think The Deadly Bees is a bit of a gem. Speaking of insect-based movies, Cinematic Titanic did The Wasp Woman and it's pretty great.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Yep, "shocking horror". :rolleyes:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Yep, when you think shocking horror, you think German oom-pah band music!

(The one thing that kills The Deadly Bees for me is when I've got an MST3K playlist on as white noise and the high-pitched keening to control the bees happens later in the movie.)

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

Did you die of fright and get your free coffin!?

Also the sketch with Mike and Crow as the Skull and he's just monotone screaming... oh, that is beyond a delight.

"Rawrr."

My pleasure at the gag with the golf club selecting cannot be overstated.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I was also at the Chicago shows last night, and The Brain loving ruled.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Dawgstar posted:

GET A BOX! :argh:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

rydiafan posted:

:supaburn: WHERE'S DESMOND???

The game show gimmick for the host segments ran a little thin at times, but apart from that, a delightful show, start to finish. BANG!

We stuck around for Deathstalker II, and the only thing I can nitpick there is the audio mix: the movie was up just a little too high which sometimes made it impossible to hear the riffs during noisy fight scenes and such. Still a hell of a fun show.

Can't wait to see what they do with Donna St. Phibes in Season 12!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

rydiafan posted:

I really hope they do that as an episode in a future season, it was a perfect movie for MST3K. The return of the “BANG!” running joke had the audience in hysterics when I saw it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just throwing this out in the ether, but I wish they would do A*P*E one day.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Yeah, The Brain was really too good to not end up an episode.

Still hoping for black & white films, made for TV films/failed series pilots, and shorts to return to the MST3K repertoire at some point.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 17, 2018

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Rollersnake posted:

Yeah, The Brain was really too good to not end up an episode.

Still hoping for black & white films, made for TV films/failed series pilots, and shorts to return to the MST3K repertoire at some point.

I think Joel mentioned at one point that they're trying to stick with content that was filmed in widescreen, so that does automatically rule out a lot of stuff. Shorts and older TV shows/movies for sure.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Really enjoyed the Chicago show.

I actually enjoyed the game-show gimmick. Not so much the song bits

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The "different style" riff they did in Deathstalker was cute, but didn't feel like mst3k to me. Also Rebecca Hanson was hilarious and I hope there's a lot more of her in season 12.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Minneapolis shows tonight!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Turkey Day Marathon is early this year. beginning tomorrow at noon ET.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ballz posted:

Turkey Day Marathon is early this year. beginning tomorrow at noon ET.

If you don’t want to do streaming in a browser, ShoutTV is also a channel in Pluto.TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Proteus Jones posted:

If you don’t want to do streaming in a browser, ShoutTV is also a channel in Pluto.TV

YouTube is also carrying it under the official MST3K channel.