Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

I thought they were going to use a door to stretcher him out but they actually just had two refs carry him above their heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh

coconono posted:

Joey Janela should crowdfund a medical fund in advance.

Joey Janela’s Universal Healthcare

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

EugeneJ posted:

Hopefully he has a day job with some sort of insurance or he's still on his parent's insurance

But even then, he doesn't live in CA so it would be out-of-network coverage, and the out-of-pocket max is usually around $20,000 for high-deductible plans

I'm fairly sure in extreme emergencies you can get a hospital to accept in network rates. Like if you had a heart attack on a road trip or something.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Only wrestling is real

http://twitter.com/PattyArquette/status/1063797671322943488

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I've had wrestlers tell me that insurance will flat out not cover injuries that happen while wrestling, so they have to come up plausible reasons they are injured.

My own insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield and any place that is in-network to their own state's BCBS is in-network to me, so the in or out of state stuff varies a lot by provider.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sub Rosa posted:

I've had wrestlers tell me that insurance will flat out not cover injuries that happen while wrestling, so they have to come up plausible reasons they are injured.

My own insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield and any place that is in-network to their own state's BCBS is in-network to me, so the in or out of state stuff varies a lot by provider.
God gently caress insurance companies and gently caress all the money they bribe politicians to not let us have universal healthcare and gently caress our culture that worships hard work ethics and sneering at people organizing unions.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm still happy I got to see Messiah in a wrestling show in 2018

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Some GCW crew member got real hosed up on the 2nd no ring GCW show too.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

achillesforever6 posted:

God gently caress insurance companies and gently caress all the money they bribe politicians to not let us have universal healthcare and gently caress our culture that worships hard work ethics and sneering at people organizing unions.

That’s not really how this works.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Sub Rosa posted:

Why would you tell them you were wrestling!? I tripped over my dog and fell down the stairs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Why would you tell them you were wrestling!? I tripped over my dog and fell down the stairs.

For Marko’s fibula break that works. Obviously doesn’t for the new hole in Arquette’s neck

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Chris James 2 posted:

For Marko’s fibula break that works. Obviously doesn’t for the new hole in Arquette’s neck

He was cooking dinner and the knife slipped.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
that show was a car crash, in every sense. it was all really fun until marko died. and then it got weird and somber, and then it got fuckin bizarre as hell because it was time for david arquette to wrestle nick gage, and then it got really scary because nick gage almost killed david arquette!

i'll give him props forever, the dude went out there and was game for just about everything - without a shirt on! why did you do that?! - and you know what im with david arquette on this one. dont slit my throat please?? i have this weird thing where i don't like getting my throat slit!

i mean, god drat, thats mdk i guess. that dude is fuckin crazy. even though so many things went wrong, it seems like the overall mood of the event was pretty on brand!

e: vv it was kind of crazy to expect david to be able to do deathmatch stuff the way those guys do, imo. self-preservation has to kick in if you're not someone who has spent their entire life since they were 13 smashing light tubes behind dumpsters. i have heard that nick gage is genuinely a good natured guy, he's just very intense!

shiksa fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 18, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
To be fair to Gage, that spot was hella botched, and in the famous Gifs going around you can see Gage's panicked look when he sees David's neck sliced open. He's not a death match wrestler, and he's still fairly new to wrestling in general so the botched finish is pretty understandable on both sides. Nick Gage is the dude who finished a match and got coppered into the air and literally died after giving two middle fingers, but he's not a bad or dangerous dude.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Nick Gage went home immediately in NOVA when he started bleeding in no blood state Virginia, so that makes me think Arquette didn’t call it. If he had said “my neck’s hosed pin me” then Nick would have ended it immediately. I understand him panicking, and it seems like it’s fine in the end. Post-show they look like they’re kayfabing it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Watching it a couple times I think Arquette just hit a point where adrenaline and self-preservation kicked in. I'm not sure if he was supposed to flip Gage like that because Gage honestly didn't seem to expect it and its what lead to Arquette to get sliced on the neck. It is really impressive that Arquette went in and finished the match, as messy as it was, considering he's almost 50 and obviously has not been spending his entire life getting his forehead sliced open and covered in his own blood.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chris James 2 posted:

David Arquette is rich though, he's fine.

Also think Gage didn't know what happened then when David came out and started at him from the stairs and Gage saw him holding his neck Gage got it. So Gage went immediately into thanking the fans.

Strawberry Panda fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 18, 2018

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Smart Mark Video is having a sale, 30% off orders over $50. Any recommendations? I was eyeing up the AIW JLIT tournament.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I was at JLIT, there's a lot of good matches on that. Andrew Everett vs Jody Fleish is probably worth the price alone, and I'd honestly recommend it to anyone who's interested in AIW. The particulars of how the promotion works these days means there's a ton of very talented guys you don't really see elsewhere - most of their students are really good for their level, great at character work, or both.

I have some complaints about the sort of names Thorne likes booking (It was painful to see Marty Janetty wrestle Joey Janela, I don't want to see a barely functional Little Guido hobble around) but a lot of the homegrown talent is really very good.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 18, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gage warned Arquette he was gonna get sliced if he hosed around.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

Gage warned Arquette he was gonna get sliced if he hosed around.

I honestly want to know how much deathmatch wrestling Arquette had seen before his match with Gage

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Thank you Gritty.

https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/1064241761030029312

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

EugeneJ posted:

I honestly want to know how much deathmatch wrestling Arquette had seen before his match with Gage

If Arquette wasn't working on Twitter, he legitimately had no clue who Nick Gage was, thought they were putting him against Nic Cage, and absolutely was not prepared for what happened.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That was 100% a joke tweet and idk how that could have been made more obvious

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

If Arquette wasn't working on Twitter, he legitimately had no clue who Nick Gage was, thought they were putting him against Nic Cage, and absolutely was not prepared for what happened.

:chloe:

You work yourself into a shoot friend

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it is conceivable that Nicolas Coppola would consider doing a death match in wrestling against another actor who hasn't done one, based on the tweet where it was mentioned that there was some confusion in what David Arquette thought he was getting himself into. if that was the reason he agreed to do the match, he may sue the promoter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oh poo poo that’s Nic Cage’s music!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He thought it was Former WWE Tag Team Champion Nicholas

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

it is conceivable that Nicolas Coppola would consider doing a death match in wrestling against another actor who hasn't done one, based on the tweet where it was mentioned that there was some confusion in what David Arquette thought he was getting himself into. if that was the reason he agreed to do the match, he may sue the promoter.

Nic Cage would do a deathmatch if you paid him in dinosaur bones and ancient pottery.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

come on

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Nic Cage was supposedly the original casting choice for The Wrestler in which case he would have done a deathmatch with the Necro Butcher. So...it's not that far-fetched I guess??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

either way, Mass Transit incident was achieved. Nick Fuckin Gage delivers again.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Is this it? Have we finally discovered reall rear end mark?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheCool69 posted:

Is this it? Have we finally discovered reall rear end mark?

yeah his name is TheCool69

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

yeah his name is TheCool69

Nice.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Just going to say it loving rules that David Arquette got so pissed off that Nick Gage didn't know to end the match after he legit stabbed a man in the neck that David actually started trying to fight Nic Gage until Nick pinned him. Arquette rules.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://aiwrestling.libsyn.com/aiw-ep124-what-is-next-for-aiw

For those interested in what's going on with AIW

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Just going to say it loving rules that David Arquette got so pissed off that Nick Gage didn't know to end the match after he legit stabbed a man in the neck that David actually started trying to fight Nic Gage until Nick pinned him. Arquette rules.

David Arquette is a shooter brother. He should have the NWA strap.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1064752862645940224

https://twitter.com/DavidArquette/status/1064749826670088192

no beef now we need david in the clusterfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/creepychris25/status/1063844496880758784?s=21