Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Mornington Crescent
Scarfolk edition

So I stumbled on the rulebook for this while clearing out some boxes in my house and thought I might as well give it a whirl before I sell it on. If you're familiar with the rules then :justpost:, and there's no limit on players. If you don't know the game, feel free to give it a go anyway - anyone who does will tell you when you're doing something wrong. Feel free to explain the reasoning for your moves in don't. Or do for the benefit of people following along.

The map:

I'll go first: Chutney.

A nice unbounded starting point outside the null zone. Praise the black goat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Outsiders' Zoo & Star Gardens

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Risky, I like it.

Massgrave Shopping Centre

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I'd like to purchase 5 subway tokens at Doris Stokes Square. Now this may seem like a dumb move, what with the station not being connected to anything else, but I have a brilliant plan that I will explain in a moment.

1d20 (+5 apparition bonus)=16

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Question for the GM, possibly related to my strategy, possibly not: how many subway tokens can I comfortably store under my tongue without incurring a 'obstructed breathing' penalty?

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
12 if gnawed, 20 if slathered.

Funny thing though, the 'obstructing breathing' penalty only applies while you're asphyxiating, not before or after.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
OK. That's less than ideal, but I can make it work.

I store all four of my tokens under my tongue, then shoot myself in the head, appearing in spectral form at the hidden station River Styx. I find the ferryman and pay him six of my tokens to drop off my spectral form at Massgrave Shopping Centre.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Technically legal, but in any case I’m fairly sure that’s not optimal play.

Kill. Burn

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

UnCO3 posted:

Technically legal, but in any case I’m fairly sure that’s not optimal play.

Kill. Burn

Because I'm now considered ethereal, I can move into Escher Square (unless we're playing 6rd edition, in which case I can approach the station but never actually reach it. I assume we're not playing that version; you wouldn't willingly inflict that kind of misery onto the world, would you?). I place two cards face down and end my turn. Please pick one.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
We are in fact playing 6rd ed., and also I haven't taken my turn yet. I wasn't moving to Kill. Burn, that was just possession.

Ampu Station

Let's see you try your card tricks now!

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

UnCO3 posted:

We are in fact playing 6rd ed.

I believed you to be a sophisticated man. Clearly I was wrong.

They had such a cool thing going with 5¼th edition and then they made this... thing. They hacked right through all of what was enjoyable and made their own things. I just recently read some of the 6rd ed. waste treatment facility splatbooks, and ... drat! They TOTALLY screwed with already-written lore. Like cholera is no longer a blessing from the excrement faeries? What the hell, man! And don't get me started on the complete dumbing down of the rule set and FPS-ification of the combat system. Believe it or not but there used to be actual strategic decisions in this game before 6rd edition came along. Now it's all about who can possess stations the fastest, like some sort of computer game. People are having fun in a way I personally disapprove of and that is a big problem!

Anyway,

quote:

Let's see you try your card tricks now!

Very well. I tap my Bell End for one red mana and cast Night phase has ended:

##Vote: UnCO3

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Remember the zeroth rule:

Whine about the meta all you like, this edition produces the best stories, and that's ultimately why people play this game.

I'll take the SAN loss you're inflicting and...

Awful Road

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Look, all these fancy-rear end tactics are fine and good, but you really need to wait. Normally you don't break these moves out until you can't avoid being in Spoon. In the interest of keeping this game going...

Elephant & Garfunkel.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This allows me to jump in on different route, and because we're playing the scarfolk edition, I get a backlog.

Spittle Green
Spittle Green
Spittle Green

This earns me 2 tourism, which I immediately spend to give me another action.

Spittle Green

Immediately activating the rename feature. From here on, Spittle Green will be titled The Devil's Crotch.

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
Time to explore the Snake Zone.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Dorris Stokes Square then. I'll play along

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Coven Garden

I see your gambit and I'm raising the stakes.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Bury Noel Edmonds.

Then move to the station of the same name. No sneaky diagonals for you.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I'm afraid you're now legally dead*, but otherwise that was a very good move.

*and no longer eligible to claim state welfare or pension payments**
**for more information, please re-read this post

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Welp... Back to Kill. Burn.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
The Devil's Crotch

...which lets me travel immediately to Devil's Cockchurch under the semiotic transferrence rules in this edition.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
St. Pancreatitis. I'm surprised you missed that.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
...So am I.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Alright...

Goat Lord Cave, and we're hopping to Bell End.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Half Child Farm.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Clever... But I have just the maneuver.

Devil's Cockchurch.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Fair play.

Doris Stokes Square

Bordering spoon, I know.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
That's definitely questionable legality. Which offside rule are you playing? In any case, a nice, safe Ampu Station should lawfully resolve either game state.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
According to the Pythagoras offside it’s in a grey area - illegal, but since nobody will enforce it it’s fine.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I'm going to head towards St. Pancreatits BUT I'm going to nod off
, skipping St. P, sliding past the Zoo, and ending on Elephant and Garfunkel

this is a bit of a dangerous, unorthodox pull that could definitely have me blacked out in the late game but I'm starting behind so I think it's worth the risk to try and make up lost ground

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Black Heart Lane

:coal: Ya'll just got played.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Jon Joe posted:

Black Heart Lane

:coal: Ya'll just got played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDG2m5hN1vo

Oxblood Circus

A word of advice: Don't get cocky. There's still everything to play for, even at this stage.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

UnCO3 posted:

A word of advice: Don't get cocky.

Nice try. Folks, this is why you don't take advice from active opponents midgame.

Devil's Cockchurch

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Yeah, no. Not having any of this.

Blessed Ringbinder Street.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Hey, if you want to play it like that...

Effing Park

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
Half Child Farm and rotate the map.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Mu. posted:

Half Child Farm and rotate the map.

Preciate that! I'll take the two tickets from the twist and Execution Pudding Square.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
gently caress, that's me in spoon. See you next round-and-a-third.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Crap. Er, um, Awful Road is legal, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Legal, but unethical, like tax avoidance.

• Locked thread