Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Zand posted:

battle for the stones for mvci had rigged brackets among other things

Which is why one of the stone powers let you RE-rig it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Was it also ChrisG in the SSF4 finals that Spooky literally pulled the plug on?

halwain
May 31, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Was it also ChrisG in the SSF4 finals that Spooky literally pulled the plug on?

I think it's this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKrIra79fw0 .

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, Sp00ky is a true hero.

I love when newcomers keep asking why people hate Chris G so drat much.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

My favorite collusion response is still ShinSyn going 'don't pull this poo poo' and giving the prize pot to third place when two brothers hosed around in a grand finals match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y_if5seR60

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Endorph posted:

yeah mai is from the blazblue guy's forced genderswap fetish manga

sounds a lot better than blazblu tbh

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Renoistic posted:

I hated most Blazblu characters before I even heard any of the lore. Oh boy there really aren't anything positive to latch on to, is there?

for people like you there's hazama, the edgy mafioso looking guy who's entire personality/story/motivation is "blazblue is a lovely series and I hate everyone in it so I want bad things to happen to them"

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

there's a cat, he seems nice

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Crocoswine posted:

Both cats are good

e: wait there's like three playable cats or cat-adjacent people now

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Crocoswine posted:

he's a deadbeat dad

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I dont touch blablue I just like him in bbtag even if he's kind of bad.

roaring pillar

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

darealkooky posted:

he's a deadbeat dad

I don't think there are any good dads in Blazblue, though I guess it's a small sample size.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Crocoswine posted:

nine hosed it

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
"Hey, a fighting game thread! I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on TTT2." *reads last 5 pages* :yikes:
I'll just be over here being proud of my sub-17 ranked win percentage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like ttt2
Have you tried 7? 1v1 tekken has never been better

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

t7 is very good

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
Some deals on arcade sticks at Newegg:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1063820011033088000

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
tekken 7 would be better if there was a fighter with Mai Natsume's backstory

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I have not. I seen it, but it doesn't appeal to me on the level that TTT2 does. I was shopping around locally for a WiiU pro controller and the store clerk said something like "That is the worst version and least authentic Tekken experience," and I'm like "k? I don't give a gently caress about authenticity, this is the best version of Tekken ever." And I stand by that. Had to buy one online 'cause no one had one. I burned several bus fares attempting to buy local.

As far as the non-fighting aspects, I don't care for 7's attempt at a gritty aesthetic, and the soundtrack was the most disappointing one of the entire series. I recognise that video game composers have a tough job attempting to keep it fresh and differentiate it from the previous entries in the series but it just plain didn't sound like the Sano I grew to know and love from the other games in the series.

1v1? Pfft, gently caress that, twice the fighters is twice the Tekken! It's me, I'm the competitive casual.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tubgoat posted:

I don't care for 7's attempt at a gritty aesthetic

lol

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Realism? gently caress, I dunno. Everyone (characters) seemed WAY more serious than in previous installations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

my jack7 costume was the epitome of gritty realism. he had 4 wheels for hands and feet, stunna shades, and a headlamp

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

When I play Kuma I imagine Rob Liefield drew him so he's extra 90's and gritty.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:3 gently caress yeah APC wheels.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

tekken 7 would be better if there was a fighter with Mai Natsume's backstory

One of the choices for the Tekken Revolution DLC character vote was Paul Phoenix waking up as a cute girl

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the soundtrack for tekken 7 rules, it's so violently aggressive.

The remixed Noctis theme is hella good, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGlfd4VQU10

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Crocoswine posted:

the soundtrack for tekken 7 rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V5_b_1v2MM

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Tubgoat posted:

I don't care for 7's attempt at a gritty aesthetic

the grittiest akuma

yes he has a car on his head

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 18, 2018

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Fine, withdrawn. Who wants to buy me a next-gen console to play Tekken 7 on?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zand posted:

my jack7 costume was the epitome of gritty realism. he had 4 wheels for hands and feet, stunna shades, and a headlamp

RoadCrewWorker posted:

the grittiest akuma

yes he has a car on his head

the fact that you can make silly character costumes doesn't negate literally every other part of the game's aesthetic

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I will at least agree that Tekken 7's soundtrack is not great. Infinite Azure and Jungle Outpost are the only tracks particularly worth listening to.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the fact that you can make silly character costumes doesn't negate literally every other part of the game's aesthetic

you can look at just the base look of like a third of the cast and dismiss tekken 7 being called 'gritty realism'

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Brother Entropy posted:

you can look at just the base look of like a third of the cast and dismiss tekken 7 being called 'gritty realism'

meanwhile, the remaining two thirds look like they just walked out of a 90s comic book

"gritty realism" isn't what I'd characterize it as so much as "over-the-top impotent edge," it's like if Shadow the Hedgehog was magically transformed into a fighting game

e: I should note I think it owns and am not complaining about it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

meanwhile, the remaining two thirds look like they just walked out of a 90s comic book

"gritty realism" isn't what I'd characterize it as so much as "over-the-top impotent edge," it's like if Shadow the Hedgehog was magically transformed into a fighting game

agreed, tekken 7's aesthetic rules

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I love Tekken 7 but the music is 90% wack.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Zand posted:

a damning indictment of G-Corp

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Tekken 7 isn't as edgy looking as Mortal Kombat XL, true edge

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i only played the character creator and training mode with the music off

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's no version of Tekken that hasn't been corny as all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Just tried listening to 7's soundtrack again, and I think my primary dislikes could best be described as "over-reliance on drum'n'bass lines" and "sounding like a cis-het guy composing music for a gay nightclub without consulting anyone who frequents the venue or culture." The pitch is too high for many of them as well? I don't honestly know. Eternal Paradise, Electro Parade and Reflexion are my favorite tracks from TTT2, and It's Not a Tuna and Sadistic Xmas eventually grew on me, though still require I be in the right mood. I think my favorite song from 7 is Midnight Closet, with The Day Before the Glass Matrix at a distant second.

Dubstep? Dubstep. I think their new composer must be Skrillex with Groucho glasses.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"over-the-top impotent edge," it's like if Shadow the Hedgehog was magically transformed into a fighting game

THANK YOU, these are the words I didn't know I was looking for, 160%.

Tubgoat fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 18, 2018