Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SolusLunes posted:

It is possible, it's just not often done, as traditionally watcher/tracker/other town investigative roles are significantly less useful for scum.

Chores already addressed this, but yeah, this is wrong. All good mods do this since it also means just claiming roles that seem town oriented don't clear you. It happens a lot. We have a lot of good mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

got some chores tonight posted:

yeah i really wish kit didnt use two actions and also he used another targetted action today when he should only have a voice of god power left gently caress this game has hosed night actions

poo poo. I didn't even realize this.

Maybe since her action failed on me it didn't use up her charge so she tried it again? Not sure how that would work in this game.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lylo thoughts:

if we go into d6 with 4 alive, two town, one sk, one scum; game is unwinnable for town
if we go into d6 with 4 alive, three town, one sk/scum; its mylo assuming bad guy does not have a double vote in which case its lylo (probably have to play as if lylo)

so i guess we just lynch cpig since seemingly every player in the thread thinks hes definitely scum and c what happens

if thats the case i dont see what we're waiting for since we're just asking each other questions about cases that can be answered on next game day or people are dead and we can just read their alignment

and i assume most of us want this game to end sooner rather than later since two of us report difficulties following the game and i assume the other folks have families and such and dont really want to play mafia instead of thanksgiving festivities

##vote cpig

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I want to wait for what CPig has to day before slamming down the hammer. We have a lot of time. I need to make quickvotes if we have the opportunity to discuss a little bit more.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jimmy, is there honestly anything in the world that would make you vote for someone other than cpig today

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

jimmy, is there honestly anything in the world that would make you vote for someone other than cpig today

Possibly. I could be focusing on CPig so hard I overlook someone else suspicious. If CPig is able to make a compelling case, it could be something to pursue.

I don’t know, it just feels wrong to just hammer everything out without hearing from the accused party/others.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

well cpig has made his case against kb do you believe it or not

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Also, if we do eliminate scum/SK today, we go into the next day with 1 scum/SK and 4 town as only 1 night kill takes place which 8s more townfavoured as we don’t end up in a MYLO situation next day, but a LYLO situation the day after since we would go down to 1 scum/SK and 2 town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
my new computer gets here Sunday so if we are masochists and extend the day that long I can return to being a robot.

I believe pig is scum, specifically mafia from his behavior. However, I'm starting to think we should focus on the SK today. If we vote out Pig and he flips mafia, and there are no cross kills tonight, and there's more mafia after Pig, then tomorrow we'd have 4:2, and we lose. If we vote out the SK today tomorrow will be 5:2, which means we don't lose.

If we vote out town today we lose, but if Pig is mafia and those events above happen we'd lose anyway.

I know I'm like the fourth person to do this analysis but I'm apparently the only one concluding we should try for the SK.

like here:

jimmydalad posted:

Overall, any situation where there is a two scum team and we don’t lynch them is an auto-win for scum pretty much unless the scum and SK target each other. If we want to play safe and optimal, it probably would be better for us to lynch the scum team over the SK.

I don't see how this follows, and it's weirding me out that one of the SK possible players is suggesting it, especially since it seems to be predicated on a scum double voter, which is entirely hypothetical.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

If he insists on pushing KB, I’m finding it unlikely. Imgay and KB both said that KB was jailed by imgay the night before, which would make it impossible for him to perpetrate the kill if he was the lone SK/scum. If he had a comrade, that could be a reason for him being scum. At which point, the question becomes who else could be scum in this game?

Looking at how this setup is played out, it would seem possibly hard on town if there was 4 scum + 1 SK considering all the stuff like mandatory visitors, watchers and trackers flying around making trying to night action mafia alone difficult. If CPig pushes KB as scum, I want to hear who else could be the suspicious person or how KB could break out of the roleblock/prison to kill someone.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

my new computer gets here Sunday so if we are masochists and extend the day that long I can return to being a robot.

I believe pig is scum, specifically mafia from his behavior. However, I'm starting to think we should focus on the SK today. If we vote out Pig and he flips mafia, and there are no cross kills tonight, and there's more mafia after Pig, then tomorrow we'd have 4:2, and we lose. If we vote out the SK today tomorrow will be 5:2, which means we don't lose.

If we vote out town today we lose, but if Pig is mafia and those events above happen we'd lose anyway.

I know I'm like the fourth person to do this analysis but I'm apparently the only one concluding we should try for the SK.

like here:

I don't see how this follows, and it's weirding me out that one of the SK possible players is suggesting it, especially since it seems to be predicated on a scum double voter, which is entirely hypothetical.

While it is entirely hypothetical, it doesn’t preclude it from existing and it should be something we should be considering, especially considering Monathin included it in their introduction. With the number of backups running around, there is a possibility that one of the backups is a scum, which could provide the possibility of the scum doublevoter existing and then it becomes a rush the next day between scum voting a townie and town voting CPig/whomever is suspected as mafia.

I feel like the more I talk, the more I’m talking myself out of a 4 scum + 1 SK set up, but I don’t know if that’s good logic. Also, I didn’t math it out at the time how a 1SK, 1 scum, 2 town situation leads to town loss and now that I’ve mathed it all out while not in a haze, I do realise how that setup would lead to an auto-lose for town.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

like here:

yes but if i lose because of that i can just throw up my hands and say "eccogame" and still think i played perfectly without flaws this game (its true)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if we are playing to find sk today then we need to treat this as our last day and our unclaimed players need to claim

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

(an rear end in a top hat)

:ironicat:

Tbh i just don't even care anymore.

Im town, i saw kb kill imgay last night.

It was already decided yesterday that you dumbs were gonna lynch me today so we lose.

:shrug:

Do whatever you want.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m just finding it hard to try and lock down night actions to point towards scum because they feel like such a mess. We’ve had a JOAT that can do two actions at once, which calls into question whether another person is able to do that. I’m trying to crack the logic puzzle of KB because it’s current conclusion is that I’m the SK, which is very much extremely wrong. I’m having difficulty doing so at the moment.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Gg scum

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

nice scumslip cpig earlier this game you said the shrug smilie is only scummy if you use it to defend yourself well check this out boom scumbusted chores rules

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

nice scumslip cpig earlier this game you said the shrug smilie is only scummy if you use it to defend yourself well check this out boom scumbusted chores rules

Yup ya got me. Congrats on your loss.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I’m just finding it hard to try and lock down night actions to point towards scum because they feel like such a mess. We’ve had a JOAT that can do two actions at once, which calls into question whether another person is able to do that. I’m trying to crack the logic puzzle of KB because it’s current conclusion is that I’m the SK, which is very much extremely wrong. I’m having difficulty doing so at the moment.

yeah its cuz king burg is sk lol

theres only one pesky night action that prevents it but if you ignore it its so o b v i o u s

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

yeah its cuz king burg is sk lol

theres only one pesky night action that prevents it but if you ignore it its so o b v i o u s

Are you talking about imgay jailing KB? It could be possible that he has an unstoppable kill and another action. That way, he’d get a notification that his other action could be blocked but the kill still goes through? That feels like a stretch.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

man we are getting into the WEEDS

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

crazy person mafia is 2 crazy 4 me i see a scum i take the lynch if that means i lose the game oh well

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m probably being stupid. Am I being stupid? I’m probably overthinking this.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

crazy person mafia is 2 crazy 4 me i see a town and incorrectly think they are scum i take the lynch if that means i lose the game oh well

Ftfy

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think I’m driving myself slightly crazy. I’m gonna go to bed or something that isn’t this so I can take some time to stop overthinking everything and just take the next day as it comes. If it does come.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

cpig, literally every other poster in the game thinks youre scum, if you really are town, maybe you should post better

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

cpig, literally every other poster in the game thinks youre scum, if you really are town, maybe you should post better

Nah maybe you just need to pay attention better.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

Are you talking about imgay jailing KB? It could be possible that he has an unstoppable kill and another action. That way, he’d get a notification that his other action could be blocked but the kill still goes through? That feels like a stretch.

Eh, this would actually work. Like, if we are at the point where we think the only options are that the SK has two actions, then this would have allowed me to do it.

But the thing is, it also means almost everyone else is on the table at that point too. I think it would pretty much just be Chores that would still be completely clear.

---

From my perspective, Pig is scum, and you have to be the SK. If we lose because of thinking the SK doesn't have two actions available, I'm not going to call that a loss. Because I'm not sure how you even hunt an SK if that is possible, given there are no ties to other players/etc. SK has to be catch-able outside of posting, because an SK can look like a town superstar from hunting scum.

---

If we cuddle Pig and the night actions don't end game us, we potentially have a few roles out there that can still catch the SK. It's even possible that due to that, the SK/any remaining scum might even withhold the kill so as not to be caught doing something. If there is only one scum left and it's Pig, we are even in a pretty good position. You'll recall that earlier in the game Pig was saying how the balance was off and too hard for scum. If his team was only 3 people, I can see him being a bit more disgruntled along those lines.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyway, gonna hold off on voting for now. No hurry I guess. But I won't be around much for the next day at least.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

max is there a reason mmt strongly believes you to be town or did you just type words so hard her easily swayyed brain was easily swayyed

Don't be a jerk.

She thought I was town for the combined reason of starting a masonry with her to throw ideas around, and because we were both pretty open with each other in the mason chat about our theories.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Imgay - busy jailing KB, confirmed by KB and Kit
KB - busy being jailed - announced that he was jailed before Imgay confirmed, rules out Jug. Also confirmed by Kit and Pig later.
Kit - busy stealing Pig's power of Watch and trying to voyeur KB and failing due to jail.
Pig - busy watching Imgay, but if lying, still proven watcher based on Kit's power.
Ecco - Visited Pig, proven by Loud hitting Kit and Jimmy
Max - no proven action last night, but had a proven mason action on a previous night with two kills, rules him out for SK even if you somehow think a proven backup could be SK.
Solus - Tracked Beet to Hal. Even if he's lying about this, he also tracked Ecco to himself on N2, a night with two kills, rules him out for SK.

That leaves Beet, who says himself he visited Hal. But if he flips town, or even scum but not SK:

Chores - I don't think we know anything about what Chores does at night and he wasn't caught up in other peoples actions that I recall.
Jimmy - Jimmy could actually lie about hiding behind Pig last night and would know to claim he heard Ecco based on other peoples claims.

I’m quoting this again just cause I think it needs to be brought up again and is probably the main reasoning/argument behind me being scum. This reasoning is solid assuming that there is an SK in the game and that they only have one ability. Honestly, I’m having a very hard time breaking through the reasoning of what has been laid out with the information I have available. I know that it is wrong, however, since I know I’m not the SK.

With the talk of backups going around, I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if the SK or scum have at least 1 backup. At the moment, the only way that the scenario can make sense to me is that if the SK had access to multiple abilities on a single night or something along the lines of such. When trying to approach it with that logic, then two people stand out for me.

KB - This one has already been mentioned in the game. There’s been a healthy amount of suspicion on him and even if he was jailed the night before, the SK could have access to Jug that would let him break through the kill. If he could do two actions at once, which is a possibility due to how the JOAT mechanics worked this game, then he could do the jug kill and something else, and the something else was blocked by imgay, which would let him claim innocence and then set up the scenario that framed myself or Chores in the long run. He was also the first person that through suspicion onto me purely because of night action mafia and I feel like that could be him just trying to push me quickly before town has a chance to discuss other potential targets.

Alongside that, KB has never claimed his role, even though he said he was willing to do so the day before yesterday.

King Burgundy posted:

We can still talk game stuff right now right?

If so, have my stuff typed up and I'm fine shooting it out there if we still want me to claim.

Alternately, I can wait till tomorrow when maybe we'll do a mass claim?

We pretty much had a massclaim that lead to the night mafia shenanigans. The only thing that KB has claimed was that he was blocked. We know nothing about what his ability is or what it can do. Outside of me going off of assumptions of game setup, KB has displayed suspicious behaviour and is my biggest read of SK out of the rest of the group.

Max - This one is more based off game set-up and he would fit into the assumed backup SK role the neatest. If we look at the reasoning that KB laid out earlier, there is an assumption that when the mason recruiter recruits someone, they cannot use their night action to do anything else. We aren’t 100% sure that this is the case and there is a possibility that he is an SK that is also backup, thus inheriting GGN’s role and giving support to a role that is notoriously hard to win with IIRC. With the amount of backups, it’s not too errant to assume that the SK could have the backup role to give them the advantage. Plus, they were unaccounted for in that evening and the mason recruiter claim would not only be technically accurate, but also be great for getting people to overlook you since you’re effectively a vanilla townie. This read is more built on assumptions, however, and out of everyone else in the game, he feels like he’d slide in the neatest with the backup SK theory I have.

Overall, these are my two main suspects for SK. It feels like there are much more assumptions going around when trying to attach the moniker of SK to the other people in the game. There is something going on with this game and I know that there is, but it’s hard to come to any definitive conclusion with the information that we have available. If you were to put a gun to my head and make me give a name for SK, I’d say KB because of suspicious behaviour and possibly some jug shenanigans, but I’m not 100% comfortable making that call tonight.

I feel much more comfortable with making the call that CPig is scum and lynching them. I logistically cannot see anyone else as scum considering that KB was the main instigator for Gulag and he’s the other person I’m most suspicious of. I’m not going to vote now because I want to hear opinions about the post I’ve just made, but I will probably cast my vote to lynch CPig later this evening UK time.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i broadly agree so gw jimmy you are on the way to choresian town superstardom

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but if there are two scum remaining (cpig + someone [not sure whod this be tbqh - solus? ecco?]) as well as one 3p bad guy (kb 65%; max 35%) given that we really dont have a good idea who the scum is; this public discourse on who the sk incentivises scum to kill town and leave sk alive with the presumption that we will lynch sk tomorrow and they win

in conclusion THIS DISCOURSE WAS BAD and ANTITOWN

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

knowing when not to post is extremely high level town play i offer loupgarou skype lessons for $69.420 per half hour

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

but if there are two scum remaining (cpig + someone [not sure whod this be tbqh - solus? ecco?]) as well as one 3p bad guy (kb 65%; max 35%) given that we really dont have a good idea who the scum is; this public discourse on who the sk incentivises scum to kill town and leave sk alive with the presumption that we will lynch sk tomorrow and they win

in conclusion THIS DISCOURSE WAS BAD and ANTITOWN

If there are two scum remaining, town is pretty hosed no matter what. Two kills would happen during the night phase and scum would be smart enough to realise they are better off killing town than killing the SK. The best chance town has would be SK killing the last scum, which they would have to do to have the highest chance of preventing a scum victory before they can kill everyone else.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m a man of my word and it doesn’t really look like people have got much else to say.

##vote CPig

If we mislynch, then scum really did mist us.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, let's get this show on the road.

##vote Cpig

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:camera6: Votecount for Act 5 :camera6:

CapitalistPig (4): EccoRaven, got some chores tonight, jimmydalad, King Burgundy
King Burgundy (1): CapitalistPig

Not Voting (2): Max, SolusLunes

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 18th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lurker rules will not apply, as hammer occurred more than 24 hours before deadline!

======================

The labs were massive, there was no way they could get everything here out of the building. And if they left anything, their mission would be incomplete. But how were they going to get out of here, if they trashed the labs.

That would have to wait, for now, they had a traitor to take care of.

"We do not understand." Came the voice. A face tricked out with technology, to make it near-impossible to tell whoever they once had been. They only responded to one name now: Deviant, as they thought that was funny, apparently.

"You sold us out, didn't you?" Someone took one of the remaining firearms of the crew, pushing it up against Elden's chest. "You've always been weird, Deviant, but you crossed the line this time."

"Needed understanding. Needed to understand complexities of group dynamic to their fullest."

The group stopped, befuddled, and stunned. "W...what?"

"Group seemed prime to dissolve, go separate ways, after job. No matter what, crew would not exist after tonight. We needed data, collection, closure. Only way to fully achieve that was to act, as we have acted."

"You son of a bitch!" Someone cried, as the clicking of safeties disengaged. "You sold us out just so you could 'understand' us!?"

"Only available option, for us." They repeated, clearly non-remorseful. "In our position, you would have done the same. Do not regret actions, if dying here, we have died with a full understanding of the behaviors that made this group what it was. Understanding has been achieved.

Well, here's hoping Elden felt that way, for certain. Because with their brain as put together by equal parts wiring and meat splattered all across the floor, they weren't ever going to write a dissertation to the opposite.

quote:

We have not always been like this. Elden, our name was. Once. Still is. However, the allure of the chrome and machine working with flesh and bone... appealed to us. Opened mind's eye, we did. Elden still name, but past before opening of mind's eye matters littler. New name, more befitting, Deviant.

Deviant watches. Behaviors interesting to them. People who are desperate, but still eke out living. Unenlightened. Not like us. With mind's eye, can see the behaviors as if observing ants. We see the social web that connects us all. See sabotage of greater ideas for personal gain, and refusal of reward that comprimises seeming values. Such behavior... intrigues and fascinates.

Approaches, garnered notoriety for strange speech patterns, strange thoughts. We took offer to join crew. They gave us more purpose, a place to observe more closely-knit bonds. How they weave together, how they break. Good for observing the microcosm.

As above, so below.

:rip: CapitalistPig, aka Elden, aka "Deviant", SELLOUT(Scum)-Aligned Snoop (Watcher), was executed at the end of Act 5! :rip:

Gathering up what of the strange lunar-iridium technology they could - and all available data - the group noticed a door down below. As someone scouted it out, a cry came from the staircase. "Hey! There's a transit system down here! We've found our escape! Let's torch the place!"

Fires were set, escapes were planned, as the sellout's body was left to burn away in the quickly conflagrating room.

It is now Intermission 5. Deadline for action submissions will be 10 PM Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, November 18th. I will process early if all actions are in ahead of schedule.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 21, 2018

• Locked thread