Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

We can't make the parts fit together right, but we can put some extra dumb bullshit in for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer
the reason is that tesla owners want to gently caress their cars

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wtf?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

mr Scoop posted:

the reason is that tesla owners want to gently caress their cars

With no tail pipe they have to use the gaping panel gaps, it all makes sense.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
love my loving trash car made by a literal god come to earth, it accelerates quickly

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

infernal machines posted:

love my loving trash car made by a literal god come to earth, it accelerates quickly

love loving my trash car, etc.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

i mean, i’ve driven my parents model x and it’s pretty loving fun. if nothing else their drive train is enjoyable.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes, it has that one thing going for it, no one will argue it doesn't

the onion wizard
Apr 14, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

why don't you give your car a hug before it falls apart in some light rain?

https://twitter.com/zomgapocalypse/status/1063838346781310976

Is there any reason for that panel to open other than this easter egg?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
lmao @ getting design cues from loving aperture science

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Admittedly I do think that's pretty cute (if it's not just a photoshop intended to go viral)

lomarf @ installing a whole second motor and touch sensing system just for that though

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 17, 2018

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao @ adding superfluous failure points to your already garbage tier production...

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

refleks posted:

lmao @ adding superfluous failure points to your already garbage tier production...
but enough about your poasts

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the onion wizard posted:

Is there any reason for that panel to open other than this easter egg?

the other side has the charging port, so it might just be a clever photoshop

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

FMguru posted:

but enough about your poasts

but that would mean yospos... is... bad?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

the other side has the charging port, so it might just be a clever photoshop

alright here's the security camera footage

zoom, enhance sector D-15

bring up an image of the rear brake pads on a 2018 tesla model 3

rotate and compare image sectors

enhance, identify similar features

my god....they're mirrored

now we know how he did it...but the real question....is why

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

to make legions of idiots attempt to hug the rear end-end of their car

Swolegoat
Nov 4, 2011
hell id still buy one

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaEM4JYFPfw

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

alright here's the security camera footage

zoom, enhance sector D-15

bring up an image of the rear brake pads on a 2018 tesla model 3

rotate and compare image sectors

enhance, identify similar features

my god....they're mirrored
Good work.

Sagebrush posted:

now we know how he did it...but the real question....is why

It's a p good troll imo

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
put ur tesla in the microwave to charge it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

suffix posted:

Elon invented the concept of waves

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

suffix posted:

i heard that elon is mikey from the life cereal commercials.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

President Beep posted:

i heard that elon is mikey from the life cereal commercials.

impossible mikey from the life cereal commercial died from eating pop rocks and coke

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh poo poo. my bad. meant to say that elon is actually paul from the wonder years.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

man this car handles correct. it's a perfect balance of light, tight, and responsive. it's most definitely better than every audi and bmw i've driven, and i fucken love audis. together with the no-transmission acceleration and instant torque, this is a very addicting car to drive. the suspension is similarly balanced between comfort and "sport", it both handles rough roads well and corners right. there's almost no bodyroll, but thats more a center-of-gravity thing with the battery "skateboard." braking is good, i might like more sensitivity though - like if i so much as rest my foot on the brake pedal on my a6, it engages, and im into that.

the interior is good too. i would compare it to a mercedes CLA. there's room for refinement, its not audi level, but its not bad by any means.

i'm warming up to the big-screen-in-the-middle thing. i think the underlying paradigm is correct, and once you get used to it, it does seem like a better place to have the speedometer, or at least, the visibility benefit is well worth it.

while its better than say, xdrive or audi mmi, the ui needs a lot of work, and some things like climate control should get their physical switchgear back. the car radar display thing in particular is buggy and inaccurate, but its a really good safety feature when merging, and id rather have it in this state than not at all. this one doesnt have autopilot so i didnt test that

so far, my only major gripe with the model 3 is road noise. its not horrendous, like on the 9-3 i drove in college, but its much more noticeable than it ought to be especially without an IC engine to cancel it out. at this price, it should be way quieter.

there arent any panel gap issues on this example, and even though it was very dewy this morning, i couldnt find any condensation in the taillights either. i dont doubt that people are having these, and other issues - the cold weather problems in particular sound pretty serious - but i can also see why they generally qualify those legitimate complaints with "but i love this car."

as it stands, this is probably best geared towards people with money to spend driving luxury european cars: audi, bmw, mercedes, saab, volvo, who are used to putting up with various issues and "quirks" for their ride. those buyers will be very happy, and the people i know or have met who switched from one of those cars love their tesla (although thats generally been more model s drivers than model 3.) if you are expecting a toyota-like experience, wait for a refresh.

but overall: sorry yospos, its a good car lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how hard is it to drive with elon's entire cock and balls in your mouth?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
no one is going to be happy with a trash interior and a giant touchscreen and range anxiety

all the luxury of a Nissan leaf

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

no one is going to be happy with a trash interior and a giant touchscreen and range anxiety

all the luxury of a Nissan leaf

fun reminder: the model 3 gets a typical commute's less driving range than the chevy bolt

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

thanks German car stymie

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
They're probably pretty small so the major distraction is likely to be the poor hygiene

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You won't care

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

sounds like he really loves the car

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sounds like he really loves the car

oh poo poo! yeah!

kgob, hug the car.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

*car*

hug me

feed me a stray cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

*car*

hug me

feed me a stray cat

lmfao, imagine how much cat goo is gonna get stuck in the under trays.