Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I've been getting the message that there is too much activity for the legendary buck to spawn. I've ran out and back in a few times, cleared out a bunch of wildlife, saved and reloaded, rested multiple times to various parts of the day, and looked around for any stranger events but nothing is solving this issue.

Any idea what's going on and how to get the buck to spawn? I want that trinket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Aranan posted:

I've been getting the message that there is too much activity for the legendary buck to spawn. I've ran out and back in a few times, cleared out a bunch of wildlife, saved and reloaded, rested multiple times to various parts of the day, and looked around for any stranger events but nothing is solving this issue.

It's usually bounty hunters even if they're ages away. Have you cleared your bounty?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Calaveron posted:

I haven’t seen it myself, only on a video but apparently there’s a ufo and it’s framed really creepily from inside a half torn down cabin
There's two of them. :eng101: (The note in the first place gives you a hint to find the second.)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Man, I got the hunting bug something FIERCE. I haven't even gotten around to looking for Legendaries yet. I'm having too much fun looking for 3 star regular animals.

Now that I've gotten a few 3 star pelts I just can't stop hunting for more. All different animals. All the drat time. It's completely halted my Story progression at Chapter 6 and I'm constantly looking for new garish ways to dress up Arthur in Trapper-made clothes all the time.

MUST. HUNT.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

JBP posted:

It's usually bounty hunters even if they're ages away. Have you cleared your bounty?

I'm an upstanding, good cowboy citizen who avoids bounties (or at least pays them off as soon as I get them). I haven't ever seen a bounty hunter.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Aranan posted:

In my experience something has spawned on top of the "clues" that you need to find and follow when hunting legendary animals. In my case there was a lone guy camping right on top of the first clue. I think the solution is to leave the area, let 3 in-game days pass and then go back and hope you get lucky. I traveled to Saint Denis and slept for a few days and went back and there it was.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

For the Buck I think you probably need to do the bounty in Strawberry

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Whenever I regrettably have to slaughter livestock for clothing, I like to wear the pagan skull mask to give it some gravity.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I finished the game and watched all the credits. Don’t mouse over this spoiler if you haven’t. is there any more “main story” stuff that will happen, or do we just live happily ever after on the ranch in perpetuity until I decide to start rdr1? and is there any recommended side stuff I should check out and do at this point? I just rode into armadillo for the gently caress of it and I feel like I’ve still only seen like half of this game

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The hunting requests net you something truly special.

Possibly the greatest reward in video game history.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ainsley McTree posted:

I finished the game and watched all the credits. Don’t mouse over this spoiler if you haven’t. is there any more “main story” stuff that will happen, or do we just live happily ever after on the ranch in perpetuity until I decide to start rdr1? and is there any recommended side stuff I should check out and do at this point? I just rode into armadillo for the gently caress of it and I feel like I’ve still only seen like half of this game

If you have finished epilogues 1 and 2, then that's it(besides whatever sidequests you didn't finish as Arthur.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jimbot posted:

The hunting requests net you something truly special.

Possibly the greatest reward in video game history.

What hunting requests do you mean?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

In one of the train stations (or maybe all of them) you can find a hunting request for perfect carcasses. That sets off a chain. Mostly birds and rodents. The birds will take you a while since all of them require you to kill them with a bow using small game arrows and can be a pain to find but the reward for doing all of them is amazing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Jimbot posted:

In one of the train stations (or maybe all of them) you can find a hunting request for perfect carcasses. That sets off a chain. Mostly birds and rodents. The birds will take you a while since all of them require you to kill them with a bow using small game arrows and can be a pain to find but the reward for doing all of them is amazing.

Awesome I didn't even know this was a thing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I don’t know if I’m done with all the Albert Mason missions, but I swear the entire time I was waiting for some other shoe to drop but nope, Arthur just forges this friendship with this goofy and kinda careless but ultimately well meaning animal and nature lover who didn’t end up being some lovely wacky satire or parody character that rockstar loves so much and had a satisfying ending rowing off into the sunset and it’s so nice

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'd look up what you need online so you can just go on a huntabout and get all of the since a lot of the bird types aren't quite near each other. I'm not sure if it's a bug or because of the talisman, but I've killed "Good" quality birds with the appropriate weapon and ammo and when I picked it up I got credit for having a "perfect" carcasses. So it just may come down to finding the appropriate species and killing a small, flying target with the bow.

Also since birds go in your satchel, you don't have to worry about them rotting. Just don't cook gamey bird meat at the campfire.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's lame that you seem to be locked out of totally completing the hunting requests until the epilogue though. I already have most of what I'll need for the final one and I'm worried that I'm going to accidently sell them or that they'll disappear by some bug or plot contrivance :ohdear:

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

titties posted:

Try targeting him and telling him to stay.

I can get his name to show up with L2 from the train as he's running alongside, but none of the options show up to give commands. I can jump onto him off the train. Gave up for now, not risking my Arabian Prince.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Thief posted:

this movie is almost as good as simply playing RDR2 iteself lmao

The first one is the best short by far.

The second is good as well, as are the last two.

The third and fourth I found kind of boring. Especially the one with Tom Waits which sucks because if you told me Coen Bros. and Tom Waits I'd say there is no way it could be anything but great.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Aranan posted:

None of the factors that people have speculated cause the buck not to spawn explained it in my case. I tried various times, logged out, came in on resaves, killed animals, didn’t kill animals, killed people, didn’t kill people etc. And he just sort of arbitrarily spawned in the morning (not the early morning though), at a time when the area hadn’t been cleared of people or animals and there was a black bear milling around. I had given up and was just trying to get some boar or elk pelts, not trying to be quiet and not being methodical in any way.

:shrug:

It was a gigantic, endless pain in the rear end but the trinket has been great in my experience (some people seem to be underwhelmed, though, so caveat emptor)

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Walrus Pete posted:

Ch. 4 side-quest spoilers

Who else turned down Mary's second mission? I was okay with helping her dumb young brother, but she doesn't get to break Arthur's heart then expect him to come when called like a dog just for the sake of her dirtbag old man.

:same:

The law was getting thick and I didn't need more loose ends out there, especially for nothing.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs is the dessert I needed after this game

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I am trying to get to the legendary alligator and every single mission is making me madder and madder because they are just in the way, in between me and my crocodile dundee hat.

One bad mission I didn't want to do but maybe had to dumped me out in the middle of town directly on top of my dumb ex wife and before I could turn around and go literally anywhere else more promising she calls to me from a window and I gotta go do some dumb poo poo for her.

The mission involves chasing after a carriage? and I whistled for my horse as I ran down the street, the horse answered, but didn't come, and last time that happened, it was because the mission wanted me to chase on foot. I assumed this time was like that time.

This time it didn't mean that. They wanted me to run to my horse and then continue chasing. I didn't do this. I chased that carriage for 10 real life minutes on foot, cutting corners and hopping cow fences and they failed me just at the end. I'm pretty ornery about that.

e: yeah playing it again if you just steal a horse the cart hauls rear end to be just barely faster than you. If you're on foot the driver taunts you like a lovely car that keeps pulling away as you reach for the door handle. Emergent bullying gameplay.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 18, 2018

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I waited until after the epilogue to do Aberdeen Farm. Created a real sense of urgency, I tell you what

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

gently caress the Murfree Gang. I haven't disliked a gang this much until these assholes showed up. I didn't even hate the O'Driscolls this much.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

AndyElusive posted:

gently caress the Murfree Gang. I haven't disliked a gang this much until these assholes showed up. I didn't even hate the O'Driscolls this much.

yoooo when im in murfree territory im running up on every campfire i see. gently caress a murfree!

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

JBP posted:

Awesome I didn't even know this was a thing.

yep, it's a poster on the wall in the stations

inspect it to get started

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I'm likin the hats I've gotten from the del lobos gang

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
buster Scruggs really is a fantastic companion to rdr2.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Aranan posted:

I had that problem with the buck and it ended up being a big npc story initiated from a nearby campsite that cleared out the activity. (ie: go to the nearby empty campsite and camp iirc)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

all of the gangs are bad people but the murfrees and skinners are the only monsters

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

the ballad of buster scruggs is fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to scratch that western itch.

the bane of my existence right now is squirrels. fuckers need to be babied with small game arrows but i swear I headshot the little furry fuckers and then they just run off like nothing happened. and then my small game arrows break / aren't recoverable for some reason so I have to go hunt birds to craft some more.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oneiros posted:

the bane of my existence right now is squirrels. fuckers need to be babied with small game arrows but i swear I headshot the little furry fuckers and then they just run off like nothing happened. and then my small game arrows break / aren't recoverable for some reason so I have to go hunt birds to craft some more.

Same but with snakes. They're really difficult to spot.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gay Horney posted:

I’m away from the ol’ ps4 this weekend and Busta Scruggs is almost better than the real thing. Is there a thread for it? I couldn’t find one.

Goddamn that triple tap table induced suicide

Also Tom Waits sucks

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Epilogue: lol John really fuckin skipped leg day huh

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Marston be like

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I want to cry.
I came off my mountain of hunting, from loving around in the wild all week, in search of one thing. I powered through nine hours of plot today to get to my goddamn crocodile dundee hat against the protest of that little voice in my head that said I should be doing better things. Every single guide says chapter 4 is when you get the legendary hunting mission. Every one that even acknowledges that you can't do it yet says that it's 4.

And they're all wrong. It's 6. FYI.

I just want that goddamn loving hat so much.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Krinkle posted:

I want to cry.
I came off my mountain of hunting, from loving around in the wild all week, in search of one thing. I powered through nine hours of plot today to get to my goddamn crocodile dundee hat against the protest of that little voice in my head that said I should be doing better things. Every single guide says chapter 4 is when you get the legendary hunting mission. Every one that even acknowledges that you can't do it yet says that it's 4.

And they're all wrong. It's 6. FYI.

I just want that goddamn loving hat so much.

Holy poo poo some legendary animals are chapter locked (beyond the ones in New Austin)? That's hosed.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Finally got the bull moose. I was coming back from fishing at Isabella Lake and there was one just laying down on the ice at Barrow Lagoon. Seemed kind of unfair to shoot it since he wasn’t even standing up but I’ve been looking for the fucker for like 3 days. Besides the antler campfire deco I also got the moose chaps which are probably the best looking chaps, they have pockets!

Now I’m just missing Arthur’s cougar skin chest but I can live without that until I naturally accrue some pelts after they try to bushwhack me. Now to maybe finish chapter 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo some legendary animals are chapter locked (beyond the ones in New Austin)? That's hosed.

The legendary bull gator is the focus of a (terrible) story mission, so it’s not available to hunt until later chapters.