Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

PantsBandit posted:

It's not even close to a consistent 30 most of the time, and sometimes it's all over the place. Occasionally it feels like it's sub-10 fps for a second or two. Some levels definitely have it worse than others though.

Never would've known from the videos I've seen of the game so far, but there's bound to be a patch at some point soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

BisterdDave posted:

Never would've known from the videos I've seen of the game so far, but there's bound to be a patch at some point soon.

Yeah, that's my hope. Who knows though, the target audience of Spyro fans probably won't care that much.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah, that's my hope. Who knows though, the target audience of Spyro fans probably won't care that much.

On pointing out a massive dump in frames:

GF "I thought games just did that. I don't care it goes away quickly."

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

JBP posted:

On pointing out a massive dump in frames:

GF "I thought games just did that. I don't care it goes away quickly."

She's not wrong.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BisterdDave posted:

She's not wrong.

I know. It's a robust, powerful brain that's in it for the fun of games and doesn't flip their poo poo at frame rates.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Meanwhile I'm squirming around with my brain screaming "how can they not make Spyro run at 60 frames what were these devs doing argh argh argh argh argh"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
People who don't play videogames often are the best gamers

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Spyro has a trophy called "What's in the box?" Which seems like kind of an odd reference for spyro to make but what do i know.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
spoilers for RDR2 after Chapter 6

Im actually quite enjoying the Epilogue right now (on part 2) not nearly the chore like some people made it out to be). I do hope that I get to be Arthur Morgan again after the epilogue ends cause hes a way better character than Marston, but I'm worried Im in for a disappointment.

Also Sadie is probably the best main character, but I love that GAVIN is still around

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bows1 posted:

Im actually quite enjoying the Epilogue right now (on part 2) not nearly the chore like some people made it out to be). I do hope that I get to be Arthur Morgan again after the epilogue ends cause hes a way better character than Marston, but I'm worried Im in for a disappointment.

Also Sadie is probably the best main character, but I love that GAVIN is still around

I kept thinking gavin to show up as a stranger quest, so I had a laugh when the guy showed up in blackwater still looking in the epilogue. the guy's dedicated, I'll give him that

and yea the epilogue isn't a chore. it's good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

I'm going to try Yakuza 0 again and avoid as much combat as I can so I can find the charm. The most fun I had with the game was finding a whisky bar with interesting whisky info so maybe I'll find something else like that. I'm also in the mood for fun side games after playing RDR.

Just play on easy my friend. Its a lot of tapping square.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Rush the main story until you get the ability to throw money on the air to avoid battles

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
tie up Gavin’s friend and loot him and his shtick will make a lot more sense

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I plan on dropping fat $$ this spring on a new TV + ps4pro this spring so I went to a best buy today specifically to look at HDR OLED 4k HDTVs as I had done research on them for years but since they were so expensive I never went to go actually look at one in the flesh. Now that they're much more affordable I went to go look at one and jesus loving christ :stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I tried out the Prey demo today. Why is is better on PC? Is it just easier to select things using the mouse instead of the joysticks? I got up to the gloo-gun and died to a Phantom. I'm real bad at these kinds of games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I rearranged my living room and now my 2 year old 55" feels small for how much further away it is but i shouldnt buy a new one

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I tried out the Prey demo today. Why is is better on PC? Is it just easier to select things using the mouse instead of the joysticks? I got up to the gloo-gun and died to a Phantom. I'm real bad at these kinds of games.

Ps4 load times are rough and also at launch it had bad input lag and a bizarre fov bug tied to the inventory.

Its was rough.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Our bedroom has a 55” 7ish year old plasma (owns to be fair) and I’m starting to get the urge for some sort of 65” or higher fancy new one :getin:

+a pro to pair with it of course

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My pro is a jet engine too but i'm gonna coast on it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PantsBandit posted:

It's not even close to a consistent 30 most of the time, and sometimes it's all over the place. Occasionally it feels like it's sub-10 fps for a second or two. Some levels definitely have it worse than others though.

For what it's worth im on a pro so i assume it's outputting 1440p. Haven't seen any "performance" option.

Just wanted to say that I've 120% and 100% 1 and 2 and only had one framerate issue on my launch ps4. Like it hasn't noticeably dipped outside one cutscene.

That said I'm at Agent 9's lab and uh... there's this big plasma gate at the very start and the prof is standing in front of it. I assume he needs to take the gate down for me but I can't talk to him. I dance all around him and no talk prompt comes up and there's literally no way around him. Is this a known bug or is the box like hyper pixel perfect.

I've never played Spyro before so I legit do not know

E: Leaving the stage didn't work. Had to just outright restart the entire game for him to talk.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 18, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Put an ottoman two feet in front of your tv and sit on it. Boom, 100 inch tv.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Steve Yun posted:

If only you could put your face up to stuff and magically its inches increased.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bows1 posted:

The worst part of the end of Chapter 6 is seeing your horse go down. Mine had lasted almost the entire game before he died ignobly like that, and it drat-near broke my heart.

Good Boy :ohdear:.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Finished chapter 6 in RDR2 today. What a goddamn ride

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The worst part of the end of Chapter 6 is seeing your horse go down. Mine had lasted almost the entire game before he died ignobly like that, and it drat-near broke my heart.

Good Boy :ohdear:.

Oh yeah, I had mine for almost the whole game so it was really upsetting. It would be weird for someone who just got the horse and then he starts to grieve.

e: just looked it up, he only does it if they're bonded

Over There fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 18, 2018

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

beep by grandpa posted:

I plan on dropping fat $$ this spring on a new TV + ps4pro this spring so I went to a best buy today specifically to look at HDR OLED 4k HDTVs as I had done research on them for years but since they were so expensive I never went to go actually look at one in the flesh. Now that they're much more affordable I went to go look at one and jesus loving christ :stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Isn't the combination of OLED and console gaming still a problem due to burn-in?
It's not as bad as it was in the infancy of OLEDs, but from what I gather it's still something to be considered?

I am currently checking out TVs as well and while it's mostly marketing bullshit, Samsung's QLED (which is still LCD with a fancier name to sound "better" than OLED) looks very nice. Both the 65" 8DN or 9FN models are currently on my shortlist. But maybe I should take this to the TV thread in IyG.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mcbexx posted:

Isn't the combination of OLED and console gaming still a problem due to burn-in?
It's not as bad as it was in the infancy of OLEDs, but from what I gather it's still something to be considered?

I am currently checking out TVs as well and while it's mostly marketing bullshit, Samsung's QLED (which is still LCD with a fancier name to sound "better" than OLED) looks very nice. Both the 65" 8DN or 9FN models are currently on my shortlist. But maybe I should take this to the TV thread in IyG.

I've been using a bigass 42-inch plasma for close to a decade now and never had a problem with burn-in. Dunno if it's easier to cause on an OLED screen though.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Steve Yun posted:

This is basically how I play games on my 55” thanks to the extending wall mount. Not enough!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I finally bit the bullet and got the PSVR because of this sale price, you all better be right about this
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1064013337673887744

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
its good

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I finally bit the bullet and got the PSVR because of this sale price, you all better be right about this
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1064013337673887744

You did a good thing!

Buy superhot vr immediately

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s very good but don’t play superhot until you get moves (I think it lets you play with a DS4 but it’s not worth it and probably much harder)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I probably won't get Moves, at least not right away. Main impetus was Tetris Effect and also hearing that Everyone Loves Astro Bot

Edit: Oh I suppose my friends with PC VR sets have been wanting to play Bridge Crew, I could play with them but would need Moves for that, I suppose

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I probably won't get Moves, at least not right away. Main impetus was Tetris Effect and also hearing that Everyone Loves Astro Bot

Edit: Oh I suppose my friends with PC VR sets have been wanting to play Bridge Crew, I could play with them but would need Moves for that, I suppose

For what it's worth, Bridge Crew now has regular desktop control as well if you have a PC that can play it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For what it's worth, Bridge Crew now has regular desktop control as well if you have a PC that can play it.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Also forget any and all other deals, Knack 2 is on sale for $13 so if you want a happy Thanksgiving you know what to do

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

haveblue posted:

It’s very good but don’t play superhot until you get moves (I think it lets you play with a DS4 but it’s not worth it and probably much harder)

Or get the bundle if it's still available. The non vr is really fun as well.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
lol knack.

HZD is 10 bux on gamestop, though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished all 3 spyros. Each one took about 5 or so hours to 100% and platinum and I gotta say I liked it well enough. If I played these as a kid I could see them being instant classics. Only downside is that I don't see a ton of replayability in the games like I did with Crash (though I always liked Crash).

Only bugs I got was one that made spyro basically t-pose. He couldn't jump and moved around at a snails pace but that was funny so I wasn't mad. Then the professor glitch I mentioned in the thread earlier where he wasn't talking so I couldn't finish a stage in 3 until resetting.

What other beloved game series had a trilogy that could get remade next? Ratchet and Clank?

E: Also shout outs to not knowing you could have Sparx point you to gems until halfway through Spyro 2 where I heard about it on a video I was playing at the same time. Would of been great to know in that terrible underwater level :suicide:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can use a DS4 for Bridge Crew on PS4. Hell, you don't even need VR for it anymore.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

mcbexx posted:

I have an LG OLED and so far no issues with burn-in. Witcher 3 managed so cause image retention once, but it got fixed fast.

Flu combined with BF5 release gave a good test for the OLED and think I had the game running for like 6 hours yesterday, in menus and playing. No image retention or burn-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

I'm really loving Tetris Effect, but for some reason I can't find a camera distance where I can see what my next piece is going to be in my peripheral vision without having to actually look over to the corner. Is anyone else having this trouble? I wanna only play in VR but it sucks either not knowing what's next until it drops, or having to look away from the board for a second to see it.

The game is amazing though.